Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 12-13-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rudd and Ringer to be placed on IR. Guess we will get to see some Jamie Harper now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know obviously we won't get all of these guys this offseason, but these are a bunch of guys that I hope our front office has their eyes on.
Current Offseason Wishlist
DRAFT
QB
(Matt Hasselbeck probably only gives us one more season after this year and the Rusty dynasty just wasn't meant to be. We could look to add a 3rd QB in the draft next year that could take over as the #2 when Hass retires or leaves in 2013)
- Brandon Weeden
- Ryan Lindley
- Russell Wilson
WR
(Obviously not a huge need as Britt will be back and Nate, Hawkins and D-Will have stepped up nicely in his absence, but it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility to use a middle rounder on a playmaker)
- Rueben Randle
- Jeff Fuller
- Nick Toon
- Greg Childs
- Kendall Wright
- Chris Owusu
- Juron Criner
TE
(In my opinion this is our second biggest need on offense outside of interior linemen. Jared Cook has so much talent, but he's so inconsistent and Stevens is little more than a blocker. A consistent TE could put this passing attack over the top)
- Coby Fleener
- Dwayne Allen
- Orson Charles
- Rhett Ellison
- Michael Egnew
OG
(Pretty obvious need position for an upgrade. Not only in talent, but I also believe that Harris and Scott are both FAs after this season. Could be wrong on that though)
- David DeCastro **!!!*!*!***! Sexy time!
- Barrett Jones
- Brandon Washington
- Kelechi Osemele
- Cordy Glenn
- Ryan Miller
- Lucas Nix
OC
(Eugene Amano duh-doy! This could be a position we go after in FA instead seeing as how there are probably only 2 centers in the draft that could be difference makers.)
- Peter Konz
- Mike Brewster
- Ben Jones
DE
(Probably actually our biggest need on the team. Could be tough to get an impact rusher where we'll be drafting at, so this is probably more likely to be a FA route instead. Plus I don't feel like this DE draft class is that great)
- Quinton Coples
- Melvin Ingram
- Malik Jackson
DT
(Interesting spot. We mainly just need depth here as Casey and Klug are playing great for rookies and Jason Jones could see some time here again if we drafted a premiere edge rusher. Shaun Smith is fat and old and Question Marks has never really done anything)
- Mike Martin
OLB
(Pretty big need IMO. McCarthy and Ayers should have the other two spots locked up for years to come but they could use a little more help. Witherspoon is long in the tooth)
- Zach Brown
- Luke Kuechly
- Kenny Tate (College safety turned WILL? Shades of Bulluck! lulz)
CB
(I like our corners so this is really only based on whether or not we re-sign Finnegan or if we move Tommie Campbell to safety)
- Omar Bolden
- Casey Heyward
SS
(Babs has played solidly but Hope** [forgive me TH] is probably done. Griffin could use an upgrade next to him to hopefully kick his rear into a consistent gear)
- Mark Barron
- T.J. McDonald
Free Agents
- Ben Grubbs
- Robert Meachem
- Mario Williams (Highly doubt the Texans would let him walk. Probable franchise tag situation)
Old 12-15-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott Mock Draft has us taking DeCastro!!!

I hope it happens then we draft Brewster in the 2nd round plus sign Ben Grubbs.
Tommy Streeter in the 3rd.

There is 3 really good DEs Campbell,Mario and Mathis but I am not to excited about him. We really need a pass rusher, why couldn't the Giants of drafted Morgan.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, if we don't bring back Finny, I'll cry. I'll do it.

On the bright side, with Ruud on IR his career is officially done here. Kinda excited to see what Jamie Harper has in him.

It looks like DeCastro's declaring too! I've got a lot of faith on the coaches and FO, and after looking at Drew's list, I think this draft will be hard to mess up.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

- Locker needs to finish out the season as starter
- I hope we lose out to have a better shot at a pass rusher or DeCastro
- This is f'ing embarrassing. Playoffs on the line and we get blown out by the worst team ever.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Morgan sucks, he is a useless player. He does nothing pass rush? nope and does not play the run either. I hope that Mike Munchak sees how ****** of a play Eugene Amano is and how bad our run blocking sucks. We have no pass rusher and we need a run stopper next to Casey.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the hell do you lose to a win less team when you have a shot at the playoffs? We totally **** the bed.

Locker should have been starting when Hasselbeck was gimping around in the first quarter.

Amano shouldn't even be on an NFL team, let alone a starter. There is not one ounce of kidding in that statement.

Pass Rush is laughable.

Michael Griffin can get his soft vagina out of here.

CJ should find a career as a ballerina.

AND **** the dumbass play calling. One of the worst secondaries in the league and we try to establish the run with our 32nd ranked attack? WTF.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Also- Tommie Campbell is our best special teamer (outside of maybe Mariani) and he gets benched for mistakes (which I get)...but how in the **** does Amano still get to start when he is constantly getting pushed 5 yards into the backfield EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY. ? ******* infuriating.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They've protected Locker too much down the stretch, probably cost them at least one loss maybe two.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Locker is definitely the best QB on the roster right now. Probably has been for at least a couple of weeks now. The offense just has more of a spark when he's in.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What makes it worse is that the Jets lose and we would be in the playoffs

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Play calling was atrocious. I think the blame has to go to both Palmer and Hasselbeck, who's arm is clearly shot. Just look at his YPA the last 6-7 games and I bet it's close to the worst in the league. We were running the same offensive calls as the Colts were during the game...swing passes, screens, quick hitches, etc.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

On a side note, Nate Washington is quickly becoming my new favorite Titan. I hope he rips Eugene Amano's ******* ***** off.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, Nate has earned his keeps this year. He's been a real gamer this year, especially the past few weeks battling through injury.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:02 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Jake Scott deserves a lot of our hate. Like, I know we decided as a group in that meeting, "Hey, Eugene Amano. Like, what race is he? Lets hate him anyway!" But that Jake Scott. With his beard. ******* SHAVE ALREADY, alright? God.

Aw, **** everything. **** Peyton Manning and Dallas Clark debating life and politics or whatever the **** they're talking about on the sideline. **** Jason Babin and his 18 sacks in Philly. **** Derrick Morgan read and reacting all God damn day cause "Hey, I did this in college so I'm comfortable with it!" **** Derrick Morgan for making me **** Jason Babin. "One of the best acquisitions of the offseason!" WELL **** YOU JOHN BUCCIGROSS! NOBODY CARES!

Kim Jong-il is dead, the Iraq War over, and more importantly, I killed a dragon today on Skyrim - WITH MY BARE ******* HANDS - and my rage remains!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

If Derrick Morgan made me **** Jason Babin I'm pretty sure I'd hate him too, TH.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I spent a couple hours beating the ever loving **** out of stuff with my war hammer on Skyrim and it made me feel a little better about today. And I called them obscenities as I smashed their faces in. That helped too.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Also, Jake Scott deserves a lot of our hate. Like, I know we decided as a group in that meeting, "Hey, Eugene Amano. Like, what race is he? Lets hate him anyway!" But that Jake Scott. With his beard. ******* SHAVE ALREADY, alright? God.
The reason I don't care or say much about Jake Scott is because he is gone after this season. Hopefully. Amano is here forever. o_o. Unless they cut him which I hope they finally do.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:08 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Well not a literal *******...

It was more emotional than anything.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:10 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Munchak announced he's gonna stick with Hasselbeck as the starter. 100% right decision, in my opinion.

It's Jacksonville and Houston. Two good defenses. Two division rivals. Lets not give them more tape on Locker, let alone first hand experience. Plus, what if Jake Scott breaks a hip and Alualu or Watt buries Locker, and Locker suffers a shoulder injury? What if two good defenses shake him up, which is the worst way for him to end the season (Ok, after playing at Washington, not likely to happen, but you never know)? It's two games. We all knew Playoffs were a long shot, a ton of upside has presented itself this year, and Locker has already proven that he's going to be a force (Dude has a QB rating of 99.4!). This season is a positive momentum boost regardless. Plus, what if we win two meaningless games and it knocks us completely out of range for DeCastro like Drew said?

If we had a chance at two WC slots and not just one, it'd be different. But I've thought the Jets had the best shot to win it since my 10,000 posts thread, and unfortunately that may come to fruition. Do we want to win two meaningless games, still miss the playoffs, risk losing out on an elite guard or passrusher, risk Jake Locker to injury or second guessing himself, or risk running Hasselbeck off this offseason?

I know we all got on to Fish for favoring vets instead of more talented younger players, but I think this is different. Munch has to be a politician. He smooth talked Hass this offseason. He sold the team and the opportunity. The Titans were a much better team this season than most believed we would be in large part because he signed here. What would that make him if he benched the dude when his usefulness ran it's course? What will the other vets think of a new head coach who did that? Plus, I love Locker, but coming in during the 4th QTR when there's nothing to lose and the opposing team hasn't gameplanned for him is different. It just is. This is why players hit sophomore slumps. They get put on film, studied, planned for, and all of the sudden, they don't look as good.

Don't get me wrong. Locker 100% gives us a better chance to win. Hass's arm is shot. Normally, if the running game was consistent, we could survive that. But defenses are able to contain CJ with their front 7. When that happens, the field gets more crowded. Defensive backs can focus on the passing game, and with no elite player, they can cover guys. So no running game and coverable receivers spells lack of success for a QB with a lack of arm strength. The field isn't going to be stretched, and the defense knows that. Pit Bull mentioned Hass's plummeting Y/A, but when you look at Y/A, you have to look at completion percentage. Y/A shows how far the passes are going, and completion percentage shows how often the pass is completed. Well, Hass's completion percentage has been good over the past 4 weeks - at 63.2%. But his Y/A has been 5.3. Suddenly, that completion percentage looks terrible. The ball is going nowhere. If Hass threw the ball 100 times at 5.3 Y/A at 63.2%, he'd have 334.96 passing yards. 100 ATTEMPTS! That's 3-4 games worth of attempts. This is why our offense looks completely hopeless at times.

Now you put in Locker who has a freaking ballistic missile attacked to his shoulder, and you open up the passing game. You factor in a mobile QB, and LB's are taken away from the running game to spy on him. You throw in a player who has all this on short notice, and he'll have success against any defense. It's what happened with VY in '06. Then in '07, VY got brought down to earth. That's exactly what I don't want to happen with Locker.

Locker will probably see time anyway. But I'm hoping it'll be like preseason. Hasselbeck starts, and depending on the situation in the 3rd or 4th, put Locker in. He's been great for a rookie, but we all knew he needed time. That didn't just disappear because of a few glimpses in garbage situations. Hass still has value to us beyond this season, even if it's in a backup role.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:20 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Ok, so maybe not 100% the right decision. Maybe like 90%. I dunno. Math was never my bag.

Oh, and CJ is questionable because of a bum ankle. I'd say we might as well shelve him too. He's not being a factor, and it's a miracle he hasn't been injured already.

And put me on the Nate Washington appreciation bandwagon too. Dude's a warrior.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

We re-signed Quinn Johnson off of waivers again btw. Which is strange to me.... With Ringer out and CJ bumming, not to mention Ahmard Hall seems plenty healthy, shouldn't we have signed a runningback?
Old 12-20-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
We re-signed Quinn Johnson off of waivers again btw. Which is strange to me.... With Ringer out and CJ bumming, not to mention Ahmard Hall seems plenty healthy, shouldn't we have signed a runningback?
Shouldn't we have kept Blount and not overpaid for CJ? We don't seem to know what we are doing in the backfield these days...

Met some Indianapolis Colts fans from Indiana in work today (I work in the airport) they had a good laugh at the fact we lost, so I just reminded them that their star player is never going to be the same again and they lost out on a home Superbowl...oh yea and that they had won one game all season. They soon shut up.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

I doubt Blount would of done anything here this season. He can't run block or catch no way he is seeing the field on 3rd downs.Jared Cook doesn't play full time because he can't run block like Graham and Stevens.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Fadetoblack
Rookie

Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nate washington's 140 yards away from 1000! you can do it nate!