Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-04-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@jwyattsports says it's 50/50 whether Finnegan is back & Michael Griffin will not be back.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans are letting go of Marcus Robertson and the assistant secondary coach as well.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
@jwyattsports says it's 50/50 whether Finnegan is back & Michael Griffin will not be back.
It would absolutely stupid to let Finnegan walk. Griffin is replaceable and in all honesty, I think it is better for us if he goes..he is just so soft and inconsistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Titans are letting go of Marcus Robertson and the assistant secondary coach as well.
The secondary was decent this year, but it could have been so much better. IMO McCourty,Verner and Finnegan are all quality starters at corner and we should have been ranked in the top 10 this year, if not top 5 (Not getting many turnovers this year probably didn't help Marcus either). On the brightside, I think we found 2 quality coaches in Tracy Rocker and Dave Ragone. I know the D-line didn't get many sacks, but Rocker did a great job with Klug and Casey. If we can get some talent at DE then we will see what he can really do. As for Ragone, I would give him an A+. I really didn't expect the WR core to be passable when Kenny wen't down, and he did a great job at developing the talent.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
On the brightside, I think we found 2 quality coaches in Tracy Rocker and Dave Ragone. If we can get some talent at DE then we will see what he can really do. As for Ragone, I would give him an A+. I really didn't expect the WR core to be passable when Kenny wen't down, and he did a great job at developing the talent.
The Tennessean had a pretty good article a couple months ago about Dave Ragone and his impact on the Titans' young WR crew. From what I remember, Ragone basically brought a QB's perspective to the WR crew by trying to impress upon the young guys what a typical NFL QB looks for and expects on any given play (depending on the offensive play-call and the defensive scheme). I was skeptical of the Ragone hire; but, after reading this article, his approach seemed to make a lot of sense to me. If the WRs know what their QB is thinking and looking for, then they know where they need to be on any given play. It certainly seemed to make a difference this year, as Nate Washington had a career year and both Damien Williams and Lavelle Hawkins became solid contributors. Assuming that Kenny Britt can come back fully healthy, I really like our WR crew going into next season.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dave Ragone should be a head coaching candidate for making Lavelle Hawkins relevant. He is a miracle worker.

You guys know how I am all over Tommy Streeter nuts well I just saw Brain Quick mini-game tapes on youtube. Well I hope we draft him instead of Tommy Streeter. We have a good chance of drafting him since we seem to take a freak athlete every year.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams have been granted permission to speak with Ruston Webster, VP of Player Personnel, and Lake Dawson, VP of Operations, for their vacant GM position.

Rams could interview 2 more Titans - Yahoo

It's speculated that this could be a bid to win over Jeff Fisher to come there, but Fish worked with Webster for only one year and Dawson for four, so I'm not sure they'd be puppet GM's. I think Webster would be a slam dunk hire for them though, and both guys are former Seahawks so they know the division.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I wonder if Fisher would take anyone besides those 2 from our current staff? The only one I can think that has ties to him is Dave McGinnis....bet he would get an interview for a DC spot if Jeff decides to clean house. I don't wish Chuck Cecil on anyone though.

Quote:

Last edited by DoughBoy : 01-07-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Are any of those guys important to us? Like were they a important part of our last draft and picking the people we picked.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Both of them are highly involved in scouting. Would be a huge blow if we lost either one. Ruston is involved in college scouting and Lake is involved in pro scouting if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Old 01-07-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Oh then Fisher better stay away.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I really want to see the Tits trade up in the draft to get DeCastro, I just have no faith whatsoever that he is going to make it to 20. I feel that we are just a elite player away on the D-line and O-line away from being a scary team, and if we identify someone that fits the bill I wish they would do whatever is in the power to get it done.

Quote:
Old 01-10-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed Doughie. I think the chances of him falling past the Cowboys are slim. The chances he then makes it past the Bengals is close to 0.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
The #Titans have requested permission to talk to Cowboys safeties coach Brett Maxie for their vacant spot at secondary coach
Maybe he is a good secondary coach that lacked talent? I hope
Old 01-11-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Munchak also said he could see the team taking an offensive lineman as early as the second or third round, since the Titans haven’t focused on that area in the draft for the past few years.
Quote:
I’m doing some paraphrasing here, but Munchak said the Titans might well look toward the defensive side of the ball in the first round, trying to find a “difference maker.”
http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2...st-round-pick/

At least he knows our weaknesses
Old 01-11-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Dammit. I want an o-lineman in the first. I'm really not in love with this defensive line and safety class at all.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Fadetoblack
Rookie

Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, i want decastro in the worst way. But on the bright side, at least he's acknowledging it's a problem, and it should be the end of the harris-amano-scott show.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Dammit. I want an o-lineman in the first. I'm really not in love with this defensive line and safety class at all.
Hopefully we can find a SS in FA and pair him with Babineaux.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Laron Landry for the right price maybe?
Old 01-12-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Tyvone Branch is also a FA.

Quote:
Old 01-12-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Landry or Branch would totally work and probably have the least questions about them. Jim Leonard would be a solid stopgap for a season, but he's fragile and will be coming off knee surgery. Bryan Scott could work too, but he's kinda a SS/OLB hybrid. I'm a big Tanard Jackson fan too, but he's been nothing but trouble off the field.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Tenard signed a extension if I remember right. Landry or Tyvone Branch(who I like alot) with Babineaux would be good.

BTW I read about Brett Maxie, he helped with the converting of Alan Ball and Gerald Sensabaugh from corner to safety. I don't know if its good or bad, I know Alan Ball sucks but Gerald Sensabaugh did shut down Wes Welker most of the game when he on that hot streak so he can't be that bad. It could mean that we are moving Tommie Campbell to safety(I hope).

Landry or Branch and Babs with Tommie Campbell in the waiting would be good. I think we could sign Branch to a long term deal but he is from NY so he could sign with the NYJ and Landry could be looking for a 1 year deal or to get paid like a top safety.

Last edited by Complex : 01-12-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Fadetoblack
Rookie

Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @jwattsports
The #Titans have agreed to terms with tight end Craig Stevens on a new four-year contract, according to sources
Quote:
Originally Posted by @jwattsports
The deal for Stevens is for 4 years, and is worth roughly $15 million #Titans
Would've liked to have seen finnegan as the #1 priority but whatever, good signing and nice that it's out of the way.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
The Titans have offered Cowboys assistant Brett Maxie a job as secondary coach after an interview this week. He would replace Marcus Robertson, who was fired last week.
Hopefully he is a good coach.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Kinda meh on re-signing Craig Stevens. Can't believe we spent a 3rd RD'er on a slightly better version of Ben Hartsock.

Don't know much about Maxie (the name sounds familiar), but if we hire a safeties coach, why not just bring back Cecil as DB Coach? He sucked as a DC, but just because he failed at coordinating doesn't mean our DB's weren't playing great when he was coaching them. That was when we had 3 Pro Bowlers in the secondary. And Frank Bush failed miserably as Houston's DC, but we snatched him up to coach LB's quickly. My guess is Fisher will snag him up for that spot when he takes over St. Louis though, and I'm guessing if the report about Gregg Williams joining him is true (which only makes me mad as a Titans fan since Williams had a shot coming here when Schwartz left, but Fish said he wouldn't give his son a spot on the staff, which led to him going to New Orleans and us promoting Cecil), then Dave McGinnis could follow suite to coach LB's.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.