Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-15-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
Is it just me or do Munch and co seem to actually want to make us better and splash the cash to do so?
It seems like it. We were planning on going after Mario and then switched our focus to Peyton when Bud said he wanted him.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:36 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully we can get Myers signed in the next day or two before Houston clears cap space. Last I saw they only have 650k
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Fadetoblack
Rookie

Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wells signs with St. Louis, Myers back with Houston. Oh well :(
Old 03-16-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****. ****. ****.

Our FO needs to quit playing slap and pickle.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't take another year of Amano at center. Saturday sucks but I would still take him over Eugene because atleast he knows adjustments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our last option at DE is Wimbley. We absolutely need to sign him. Jason Jones resigning would be nice too.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Another fun fact- We have 1 DE under contract on the roster. Yay.

Quote:
Old 03-16-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton has held us and the broncos hostage. They haven't signed anyone and we signed Hutchinson but still need a pass rusher.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda bummed we didn't compete with the 1-year/$4.5 million contract that Seattle gave JJ.

We'd be going DE in the 1st RD regardless, but still. I don't want a rookie DE starting because the depth behind him is nonexistant. Maybe they can work a trade for a vet DE as draft day approaches.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still holding out hope for Osi Umenyiora in a trade.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

hopefully Dwight Freeny gets cut. Wimbley or Anderson would be good signings too, even though Id rather them be rotational players.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Well, this has been a terrible offseason thus far. I will only be happy when we sign Wimbley and Anderson, then trade for Osi followed by us picking up Freeny when he is cut.

Quote:
Old 03-19-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

I really don't want either especially Mark Anderon. Hopefully we don't over pay by much. I rather have Wimbley but half his sacks came from one game against the chargers and their 2nd string tackle.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

God dammit, we better trade up for DeCastro or this is the worst offseason ever.

Also, I'm all-in on Locker. He just needs to start. I will not sit through another season of Matt Hasselbeck when Locker is riding pine.

Last edited by CashmoneyDrew : 03-19-2012 at 03:26 PM.
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Wimbley is best suited at DE where he hasn't really played, he played LB for the Raiders last season and for Cleveland. I suspect the Titans are pursuing him as a DE.

If we signed Wimbley and Andre Carter (i prefer him over Anderson) that'd give us Wimbley at RE, Morgan at LE and Carter as a backup. In the draft, getting a guy like Andre Branch, Melvin Ingram, Quentin Coples, Vinny Curry, Chandler Jones etc would give us a solid 4some at DE.

The main thing is just getting 2 free agent DE's, one that can start and make an impact right away and another that can provide depth and if we end up taking two DE's in the draft perhaps battle for a roster spot so he needs to come without guaranteed money.

I'm perfectly fine going into next season with Leroy Harris starting, but I DO NOT want Amano back. Really disappointed we couldn't get Wells or Myers, I can't even say that Myers wanted too much money because he only signed for 1m more than Amano is currently getting.

It really wouldn't surprise me to a Zeitler, Solatuli (sp?), Brewster etc pick in the 2nd-4th rounds and having a rookie center starting. Aside from Saturday, is there any good centers out there? I've always like Samson Satele, but I don't see the titans being a fan of him
Old 03-20-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
God dammit, we better trade up for DeCastro or this is the worst offseason ever.

Also, I'm all-in on Locker. He just needs to start. I will not sit through another season of Matt Hasselbeck when Locker is riding pine.
This man speaks the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

We are close to signing Wimbley to 5 year deal.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:05 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
We are close to signing Wimbley to 5 year deal.
Wahahahahaaaaaaaaat?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:39 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Titans also visiting-

Tracy Porter
Jeff Saturday
Joel Dressen
Jamaal Anderson
William ***

Any interest in those guys? I would like Tracy Porter and Dressen personally. And I guess Jeff Saturday can't be worse than Amano, but I don't really see it as an upgrade either.

Quote:
Old 03-20-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I definitely want Joel Dreesen. I wouldn't mind Tracy Porter either. But what happened with Marcus Trufant? Did he sign anywhere yet?
Old 03-20-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Jamaal Anderson is full of potential, and it's been reported several times that Washburn loved him at the draft. Maybe Munch remembers that and wants to give him a shot?

No thanks to Dreesen, why pay another TE that type of money? Tracy Porter will likely get paid more than he's worth, Trufant is stil unsigned and Iwould prefer him
Old 03-20-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Titans also visiting-

Tracy Porter
Jeff Saturday
Joel Dressen
Jamaal Anderson
William ***

Any interest in those guys? I would like Tracy Porter and Dressen personally. And I guess Jeff Saturday can't be worse than Amano, but I don't really see it as an upgrade either.
From that list, I'd prefer Tracy Porter and Jamaal Anderson. Porter would allow us to bump Verner inside, I think. And Anderson would give us valuable depth (and another body for the rotation) at a position-of-need. While it's not really a need for this team, I also wouldn't be opposed to signing Joel Dressen, if the price was right (i.e. cheap).

I've got very limited interest in William ***, who I don't think is very good. The only thing he really brings to the table is experience, and I'd rather look for that quality elsewhere (or give the young guys a shot to learn on the job). Absolutely no interest in Jeff Saturday -- who I don't see as a real upgrade over Amano. I'd rather take a chance on a rookie.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I just think Porter's been getting by the Super Bowl interception, he's an average CB that gets by on that play.

Randall *** would be a waste. I'd bring in Porter if he came very cheap, like a steal, and would welcome Anderson if he came at a good price.

I really only wanted Saturday if Peyton came along with him, I'd take my chances on Brewster in the 4th round before I'd take Saturday
Old 03-20-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Titans also visiting-

Tracy Porter
Jeff Saturday
Joel Dressen
Jamaal Anderson
William ***

I'd like to bring in a vet CB to backup McCourty and ATV, so probably one of the CB's. Dreessen too if the money is right, since he's better than Graham. But Saturday isn't an upgrade over Amano, and Jamaal Anderson is...well terrible.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Also, anyone else think the FO signing Wimbley is odd? Seems like this move would make total sense under Washburn, but from everything we've heard and seen, the currect staff wants bigger DE's. Wimbley is listed at 6'4, 255 lbs. Maybe after last year's struggles, they decided to make a philosophical change?

I do like the signing though. People will say it's too much, but the money is pretty spot on market value. Antwan Odom could only notch 8 sacks with AH, KVB, and Tony Brown next to him, and he got $30 million from Cincy. Ray Edwards got $30 million last year despite not being a double digit guy. Kamerion at least has the same production, but also the upside of never being a full time DE in his pro career.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.