Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-03-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

random how I came in here to tell you guys that I love you all as posters and having Britt and mccourty sex just adds the love. (plus i like Locker lots too) and was gonna say how it'd hurt if you steal my tolly...but I love him.

the random part is the Leger post I just saw. He's a back up...rarely ever saw field time for the giants. totally forgot he was still in the league.

anyways, keep being sexy, and if we don't bring tolly back, I hope he goes to you guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:42 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
random how I came in here to tell you guys that I love you all as posters and having Britt and mccourty sex just adds the love. (plus i like Locker lots too) and was gonna say how it'd hurt if you steal my tolly...but I love him.

Good year to be looking for a WR at the end of the 1st RD, huh Scotty? ;)

Quote:
the random part is the Leger post I just saw. He's a back up...rarely ever saw field time for the giants. totally forgot he was still in the league.
But! Now I can say things like, "I haven't got a Klug, but that seems Douzable!"

Quote:
anyways, keep being sexy, and if we don't bring tolly back, I hope he goes to you guys
<33333

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What players at #20 could be in hot demand and what teams may be looking to trade up to #20?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My newest Titans mock has the Titans trading #20 to the Rams for #33, #65 and 6th round pick next season

#33 - DE Andre Branch 6'4" 259 Clemson
#52 - DT Brandon Thompson 6'2" 311 Clemson
#65 - CB Trumaine Johnson 6'2" 204 Montana
#82 - FS Markelle Martin 6'1" 207 Oklahoma State
#115 - OG Senio Kelemete 6'4" 307 Washington
#155 - C David Molk 6'1" 298 Michigan
#190 - DT Akiem Hicks 6'5" 324 Regina
#227 - DE Donte Paige-Moss 6'3" 268 NC
Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
What players at #20 could be in hot demand and what teams may be looking to trade up to #20?
Ryan Tannehill if he drops that far. Coples or Perry could both drop but I see us taking them if they are there and not trading the pick.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Ryan Tannehill if he drops that far. Coples or Perry could both drop but I see us taking them if they are there and not trading the pick.
In my latest mock I had the Rams trading up with us to get Stephen Hill after selection Mo Claiborne at #6
Old 04-06-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

anybody heard who frank wycheck thinks we'll take, he's been pretty dead on the past few years if i recall correctly
Old 04-08-2012, 04:44 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't heard anything, but it just now has hit me that the draft is almost here already.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it's really sneaked up on me this year. Two and a half weeks!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets spread a rumour about Decastro and hope he falls to the Titans!

Two years ago I didn't think Derrick Morgan would fall to us, but hey....he did, maybe again?
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Lets spread a rumour about Decastro and hope he falls to the Titans!

Two years ago I didn't think Derrick Morgan would fall to us, but hey....he did, maybe again?
I was wishing JPP would fall, thought the Giants were gonna take Spoon nad we'd get JPP
Old 04-08-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I was a Morgan fan over JPP for us, but that was because of the scheme at the time. He did a a lot of the same stuff at GaTech that Wash liked to do, such as stunting inside, so I figured he'd transfer right into our scheme, except he'd actually be able to attack up field in Wash's 1-gap which would improve his pass-rushing impact (I believe GaTech runs/ran a 2-gap read 'n react defense, and I blamed that on him not being an "elite" pass-rusher).

There's still hope for Morgan. He was coming off an ACL injury, really had no help at all from JJ across from him, and the DT's next to him were rookies and backups. Plus, he was never this explosive, freak athlete guy. He was a technique and leverage guy. He almost plays like a DT in that aspect, and had the tendency to want to engage with blockers rather than try to blow by them.

If JPP is a Jevon Kearse-type player, then Morgan is a Justin Tuck-type player. Not a #1 pass-rusher guy, but has a unique skillset that allows him to take advantage of opportunities and be a force to be reckoned with. Kinda like a Wild Card, but works best when you have other dominant cards in your hand. That's probably his ceiling, and that's fine with me. 9 sacks a year, with the occasional double-digit season, and is able to make plays on 1st down as well. Tuck didn't hit his stride until his third season (he had 1 sack in his first two years), and he at least had the luxury of being surrounded by Strahan and Osi. Hopefully Morgan improves in his third season with an improved Jurrell Casey and Karl Klug next to him, a formidable pass-rusher in Kamerion Wimbley across from him, and an early draft pick as well.

I STILL BELIEVE

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was actually fairly impressed with Morgan the first couple of games of his rookie season. I remember he was playing well before the ACL. He also seemed to start playing a bit better the last 4 or 5 games of this season. Hopefully that continues. We really need him to do well to make a jump in defensive play.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I still think Morgan can be a solid player for us, I just never saw him being a consistent double digit sack guy. JPP reminded me of Julius Peppers and I thought that dominance would be amazing on the Titans defense.

Either way, we have Morgan and I'd be shocked if (barring injury) he doesn't have at least 8 sacks next season
Old 04-09-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is Tennessee's current plan at center? Is Konz a legitimate possibility at 20?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

We should probably get the thread title changed to 2012.

Also, Jackalope, I don't think they'll be looking at a rookie center TBH. At least not to start right away, therefore I don't think they'd use a 1 on a center.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Konz is a reach at 20, he's injury prone. Not to mention Center isn't a position you have to have the most talented players. I see no way the Titans take Konz in the first.

I still think it's most likely Brewster or Molk
Old 04-10-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd guess either Amano or Harris would be the guy. I kinda hope only one of them at most is a starter this year lol. I expect a high (for the Titans anyway) o-line pick this year.

There's 2 guys on the roster I'm interested in, but kinda doubting they get starting spots. Velasco lacks foot quickness, but he is a very good drive blocker, I wonder how he'd do with more time at C. I thought Byron Stingily played very well in preseason last year. He has the size to play inside, but even if he's not a mauler, he could be a Jacob Bell type I suppose.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you all think about Gilmore at No. 20? Kirkpatrick?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm personally not crazy about a corner in round 1, but I think it's right there with d-line on the Titans' 1st round priority list.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
I'd guess either Amano or Harris would be the guy. I kinda hope only one of them at most is a starter this year lol. I expect a high (for the Titans anyway) o-line pick this year.

There's 2 guys on the roster I'm interested in, but kinda doubting they get starting spots. Velasco lacks foot quickness, but he is a very good drive blocker, I wonder how he'd do with more time at C. I thought Byron Stingily played very well in preseason last year. He has the size to play inside, but even if he's not a mauler, he could be a Jacob Bell type I suppose.
Personally, I think Harris is an adequate starter, not a star but not horrible. On the other hand I think Amano is trash at Center, but adequate at guard.

Rumors were when we resigned Mike Otto that we'd let him compete at Guard for a starting job too
Old 04-10-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
What do you all think about Gilmore at No. 20? Kirkpatrick?
The more I watch of both of these two the more I think they can be very good Free Safeties, and if they're their at #20 I'd consider them for that position.

Gilmore is a ballhawk with great playmaking skills. He could be an Ed Reed type difference maker back there.

Kirkpatrick on the other hand is a slightly different mold, he actually reminds me a lot of Michael Griffin before he turned soft. Kirkpatrick is very physical.

If we are wanting to draft a FS to replace Griff next year, I think it will have to be a CB moved unless it's Markelle Martin or Mark Barron (who's better at SS). I also love Trumaine Johnson for this reason. With Kirkpatrick I think you're getting a top 5-10 talent in this draft

If we were to take any DE, DT, or CB/S in the first I think things will work out for us either way.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Coples falls to us. I want either him, Perry. Brockers(If he falls) or Cox. I also like Dre at Safety or corner but mainly safety and wouldn't be upset if we drafted him. I don't want Barron to me he is a box safety with limited coverage skills.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Just came up with a few different scenario's. What do you guys prefer? Feel free to add your own.

I use CBS Sports player rankings and project player sliding and reaching based on what I've recently been hearing.

1) DT Jerel Worthy Michigan St 6'2" 308 - The Titans get one of the best penetrating DT's in the draft, personally, aside from Fletcher Cox who goes top 15, I think he's the most complete DT in the class. He's not the physical specimen Poe or Brockers or even Still is, but I like him better.
2) CB/FS Trumaine Johnson 6'2" 204 Arkansas State - This guy can do it all, tackle, cover man to man, zone, blitz, make plays. With his size and physicality, I think he can move to FS and not miss a beat. He can play CB is Griff plays good this season and we resign him, or slide to FS.
3) WLB Sean Spence 5'11" 231 Miami - Titans get a very good WLB, I actually like him more than I do Zach Brown. He's a little undersized at 5'11" 231 but can gain to 240.
4) DE Malik Jackson 6'5" 284 Tennessee - Completely different player at DE than DT. He's a Justin Tuck type of player and can have an impact backing up at both DE positions and possibly playing the inside of passing situations.
5) CB Coryell Judie 6" 194 Texas A&M - Most underrated CB in the draft, very similar player to ATV.
6) C David Molk 6'1" 298 Michigan - Slides due to his size, but he's very strong and a very good center.
7) DT Akiem Hicks 6'5" 324 Regina - Very underrated DT who could turn into a late round gem

Scenario B
1. DE Nick Perry 6'3" 272 USC - Improve the pass rush with the speed rusher from USC
2. DT Brandon Thompson 6'2" 314 Clemson - Upgrade inside pass rush
3. OG Mitchell Schwartz 6'5" 318 Cal - Solid interior lineman to start right away
4. CB John Norman 6" 197 Coastal Carolina
5. LB Terrell Manning 6'2" 237 NC State
6. FS Janzen Jackson 6" 188 McNeese State
7. DE Donte Paige-Moss 6'3" 268 NC

Scenario C
1. CB/FS Stephon Gilmore or Dre Kirkpatrick - I feel either one can be a very good FS in this league
2. DE Bruce Irvin 6'2" 245 WV - Undersized with elite speed
3. DT Alameda Ta'amu 6'3" 348 Washington - Huge space eating DT that can get push and free up the rest of our D-Line
4. C Michael Brewster 6'4" 298 Ohio State - Can start from day one if wanted
5. LB Travis Lewis 6'1" 246 OU - One of the best coverage linebackers in this draft in my opinion
6. CB Chris Greenwood 6'1" 193 Albian - Classic titan late round CB pick
7. OG Derek Dennis 6'3" 315 Temple - project guard
Old 04-10-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
I hope Coples falls to us. I want either him, Perry. Brockers(If he falls) or Cox. I also like Dre at Safety or corner but mainly safety and wouldn't be upset if we drafted him. I don't want Barron to me he is a box safety with limited coverage skills.
The more I watch Brockers the more I dislike him, he's big but I see more in Worthy and Still than Brockers. Brockers could perhaps develop into a dominant DT, but I think Worthy and Still are the safer selections.

I agree for the most part about Barron as well, if we take a safety early I want him to be able to play FS. Barron could do this but is best in the box as a SS. I don't want to use a first round pick on a SS