Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-21-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think one of two scenarios could happen...

1. If CB Dre Kirkpatrick or CB Stephon Gilmore are at #20, I think that we take one of them. The reason is two-fold:
a. You reall need 3 good CBs in today's NFL. And even though McCourty and Verner both look good, our other CBs (Campbell, Mouton, & Hawkins) are still project/depth guys.
b. Our other big early-round need is DL, where we could use a pass-rushing DE or another DT (to start next to Casey). This draft is very, very deep in DL; and there's an excellent chance that a good DL falls to us in the 2nd Round -- e.g. Andre Branch, Vinny Curry, Shea McClellin, Jared Crick, Brandon Thompson, Devon Still, Kendall Reyes, Mike Martin, Alameda Ta'amu, etc. At least one of those guys will be there in the mid-2nd.

2. If both CB Dre Kirkpatrick and CB Stephon Gilmore are gone by #20, I think we call the Eagles about Asante Samuel.
a. Draft the best-available DL at #20 -- e.g. Quinton Coples, Nick Perry, Whitney Mercilus, Chandler Jones, Courtney Upshaw, Michael Brockers, Jerel Worthy, etc.
b. Trade a 2013 conditional 4th/5th Rounder to Eagles for CB Samuel.

Of course, if someone like OG David DeCastro, S Mark Barron, or WR Michael Floyd somehow magically fell to us (which is very, very unlikely), then I think that might change our plans. But, as of right now, I see us addressing DL & CB early in the draft and looking at OL, LB, & WR in the mid-rounds.

Today's mock:
1st Round - CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama
Both Kirkpatrick and Gilmore have pros/cons to their game; however, I like Kirkpatrick a little more for our current needs. Kirkpatrick isn't a lock-down CB, but he is a thumper who likes to hit opposing WRs. And after losing Finnegan this offseason, I think Kirkpatrick would fit right in to that role of slot-coverage. (I'm a believer that Verner should stay on the outside, where the sideline can operate as a help-defender to offset his lack of top speed.)

2nd Round - DT Brandon Thompson, Clemson
I'm a big fan of Thompson, and I think he would be a great early-down DT for us, next to Jurrell Casey. Thompson isn't really a pass-rushing threat; however, he's one of the better run-stuffers in this draft and consistently takes up multiple blockers. Thompson would free up McCarthy to make plays at the next level, and he allow us to use Klug effectively too.

3rd Round - DE/OLB Bruce Irvin, West Virginia
Irvin is perhaps a bit of a reach here, as I see him as more of a early-to-mid 4th Rounder; but, for a team in need of additional pass-rushing, he's worth reaching for here. Irvin is undersized as a DE, but that didn't stop us from signing Kamerion Wimbley. He's likely not an every-down DE for us, but I could see us using him like Klug -- primarily on passing formations and on 3rd-and-long. A DE core of Morgan, Wimbley, Irvin, Ball, & Egboh would be pretty young/talented.

4th Round - OLB Sean Spence, Miami
Spence is a good player. Unfortunately, he's short and he's not a good fit for the 3-4 scheme that many teams are going toward. (If he were two inches taller, Spence would probably be a 2nd Rounder.) But his undersized nature and his fixedness in a 4-3 scheme actually benefits the Titans in this case. Spence would be a great future replacement for Witherspoon next year and a great special-teamer this year. With the luck that we had with fellow 'Cane LB Colin McCarthy, I could see our coaching staff going back to that well again this year.

5th Round - C David Molk, Michigan
Another undersized guy who seems like a Mike Munchak / Bruce Matthews type OL. Molk is short but very strong and absolutely nasty -- something that we haven't had since Mawae left. I trust Munchak/Matthews to do their due-diligence and find a mid-to-late rounder who can contribute this year.

6th Round - DE Malik Jackson, Tennessee
Good, underrated player on an absolutely terrible Tennessee team last year. In fact, it wouldn't shock me if another team reached for Jackson earlier than this; but, for the purposes of this mock, we'll take him here, as we still need bodies on the DL. Jackson could come in and compete with Egboh, Douzable, and Clayton for depth-duty with the Titans.

7th Round - WR Jermaine Kearse, Washington
I'm not crazy about Kearse's chances of making the team; but he's got the Locker connection, which has to count for something. At the very least, he gives us another body at WR, which we need right now (though I think we might also bring in a veteran WR after camp-cuts). And, who knows? We've had good luck with our 7th Rounders in recent years, so maybe Kearse makes the team or the practice squad.

Well...that's it. As you can see, I'm preparing for a very defensive-heavy draft this year. But I'm excited about the future of this team. I think we've slowly accumulated a lot of young talent over the past few years.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, I've been intrigued by the Titans' unusually high interest in the WR position for this draft. They brought in quite a few of the top guys for a visit. For some odd reason I really feel like they might take Michael Floyd if he's there at 20 and I have no clue why. But, I don't think we'll see that scenario played out as Floyd will probably push the top 10 picks.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
Today's mock:
1st Round - CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama
Both Kirkpatrick and Gilmore have pros/cons to their game; however, I like Kirkpatrick a little more for our current needs. Kirkpatrick isn't a lock-down CB, but he is a thumper who likes to hit opposing WRs. And after losing Finnegan this offseason, I think Kirkpatrick would fit right in to that role of slot-coverage. (I'm a believer that Verner should stay on the outside, where the sideline can operate as a help-defender to offset his lack of top speed.)

2nd Round - DT Brandon Thompson, Clemson
I'm a big fan of Thompson, and I think he would be a great early-down DT for us, next to Jurrell Casey. Thompson isn't really a pass-rushing threat; however, he's one of the better run-stuffers in this draft and consistently takes up multiple blockers. Thompson would free up McCarthy to make plays at the next level, and he allow us to use Klug effectively too.

3rd Round - DE/OLB Bruce Irvin, West Virginia
Irvin is perhaps a bit of a reach here, as I see him as more of a early-to-mid 4th Rounder; but, for a team in need of additional pass-rushing, he's worth reaching for here. Irvin is undersized as a DE, but that didn't stop us from signing Kamerion Wimbley. He's likely not an every-down DE for us, but I could see us using him like Klug -- primarily on passing formations and on 3rd-and-long. A DE core of Morgan, Wimbley, Irvin, Ball, & Egboh would be pretty young/talented.

4th Round - OLB Sean Spence, Miami
Spence is a good player. Unfortunately, he's short and he's not a good fit for the 3-4 scheme that many teams are going toward. (If he were two inches taller, Spence would probably be a 2nd Rounder.) But his undersized nature and his fixedness in a 4-3 scheme actually benefits the Titans in this case. Spence would be a great future replacement for Witherspoon next year and a great special-teamer this year. With the luck that we had with fellow 'Cane LB Colin McCarthy, I could see our coaching staff going back to that well again this year.

5th Round - C David Molk, Michigan
Another undersized guy who seems like a Mike Munchak / Bruce Matthews type OL. Molk is short but very strong and absolutely nasty -- something that we haven't had since Mawae left. I trust Munchak/Matthews to do their due-diligence and find a mid-to-late rounder who can contribute this year.

6th Round - DE Malik Jackson, Tennessee
Good, underrated player on an absolutely terrible Tennessee team last year. In fact, it wouldn't shock me if another team reached for Jackson earlier than this; but, for the purposes of this mock, we'll take him here, as we still need bodies on the DL. Jackson could come in and compete with Egboh, Douzable, and Clayton for depth-duty with the Titans.

7th Round - WR Jermaine Kearse, Washington
I'm not crazy about Kearse's chances of making the team; but he's got the Locker connection, which has to count for something. At the very least, he gives us another body at WR, which we need right now (though I think we might also bring in a veteran WR after camp-cuts). And, who knows? We've had good luck with our 7th Rounders in recent years, so maybe Kearse makes the team or the practice squad.
I would love this draft, but I think it's a little wishful thinking. I know Spence is a little on the small side, but most still have him as an early to mid 3rd round selection. Having him their at the mid-late 4th is very wishful IMO.

As you said in the mock, Jackson will probably be gone by that point too.

I think we're similar on our draft wants though, and I'd love it if the titans followed our opinions
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I would love this draft, but I think it's a little wishful thinking. I know Spence is a little on the small side, but most still have him as an early to mid 3rd round selection. Having him their at the mid-late 4th is very wishful IMO.

As you said in the mock, Jackson will probably be gone by that point too.

I think we're similar on our draft wants though, and I'd love it if the titans followed our opinions
You're probably right, but you never know for sure. I mean...last year, I never would've thought that Ayers would've slipped to us in the 2nd Round but he did. As I said, with lots of teams going to the 3-4 type DEF (which Spence clearly doesn't fit), it wouldn't surprise me if he slipped further than most expect. As far as Jackson goes, I really have no idea where he'll go. Some people seem to be very high on him (like 4th Roundish), while others (like Scott) have him graded as a late-round flyer.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mick I like that draft too. Gilmore seems a better pick at 20 if he's there. Jackson is gonna go higher I believe, but having him here would be awesome. We should easily find a way to use a versatile guy like that. Molk may just be underrated, the guy looked good from what I saw. Thompson and Irvin are two of my favs.

Spence plays well, but man that dude looked like DB on film, much smaller than 230 or whatever he weighed in at the combine. Just makes me wonder if he was playing really light, looked fast, then gained weight and didn't run so fast at the combine. He did like 12 reps of 225? A 4th isn't too bad I guess, and his production is high, but physically he looks like he's really going to be challenged in the NFL.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

Spence plays well, but man that dude looked like DB on film, much smaller than 230 or whatever he weighed in at the combine. Just makes me wonder if he was playing really light, looked fast, then gained weight and didn't run so fast at the combine. He did like 12 reps of 225? A 4th isn't too bad I guess, and his production is high, but physically he looks like he's really going to be challenged in the NFL.
Depending on what film you were watching it's possible, I think he played around 215 early in his career before bulking up to the 230 range this past year.

I'm not too worried about it, Thornton played SLB for us at only 225
Old 04-22-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It may have been older, I'm not sure. If he played around 230, I'm not scared of that weight. But the very low 225 reps and reports that his strength is very low makes me worry a bit. Weight doesn't necessarily equal strength. I don't think Thornton or Bulluck lacked strength.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Mick I like that draft too. Gilmore seems a better pick at 20 if he's there. Jackson is gonna go higher I believe, but having him here would be awesome. We should easily find a way to use a versatile guy like that. Molk may just be underrated, the guy looked good from what I saw. Thompson and Irvin are two of my favs.
I think Gilmore would be an OK pick, but I've never been blown away by him. Having watched South Carolina play 4-5 times over the past couple years, he never really stood out to me. And the game-footage clips don't impress me that much either. He strikes me as a solid #2 type CB. Conversely, I've had many opportunities to watch Kirkpatrick play over the past few years, and he's impressed me. I think he's susceptible very early in games, but he definitely settles down as the game progresses. I'd prefer Kirkpatrick, but I wouldn't be upset with Gilmore either.

As far as which player will be available at #20, I think it's very possible that they're both gone by #20. And I also think it's very possible that they're both there at #20. This first round should be exciting because there are very few stud players (e.g. Luck, RGIII, Richardson, etc.), and LOTS of guys who all grade out about the same; and, depending on teams' boards, I could see lots of surprising picks in the 1st Round.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Nice write-up Mick, my only concern is that Gilmore seems like a playmaker and can take the ball from players in the air. Kirkpatrick only had 3 career interceptions, and although he was always around the ball he never got the picks and that concerns me.

I really like what I see from Jayron Hosley from VT, he is always making plays and always around the ball. He is a little on the small side, but if pretty fiesty like Finnegan.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Double Post

Last edited by mightytitan9 : 04-22-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Triple Post

Last edited by mightytitan9 : 04-22-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer insists that the Bengals will not draft a guard with the No. 17 overall pick.
Reedy nailed the Bengals' 2011 draft strategy, adamant that they'd take A.J. Green at No. 4 overall and a quarterback at the top of the second round. They did exactly that. Guard is a need area for Cincinnati this offseason, but it sounds like Stanford OG David DeCastro will not be a consideration with that pick. Reedy lists Michael Floyd, Mark Barron, Melvin Ingram, Quinton Coples, and Michael Brockers as the likeliest targets at No. 17.
So we might have a chance at DeCastro.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Nice write-up Mick, my only concern is that Gilmore seems like a playmaker and can take the ball from players in the air. Kirkpatrick only had 3 career interceptions, and although he was always around the ball he never got the picks and that concerns me.
I watched Kirkpatrick play a LOT. I'm not worried at all about the lack of INTs. Kirkpatrick is more of a thumper than a finesse guy; and it's the finesse-type CBs that tend to rack up INTs. Besides, QBs tended not to throw at Kirkpatrick much after the first couple drives, when he settled into a groove.

(I've never been convinced that INTs are the best, most accurate means of analyzing a CB. Similarly, I'm not convinced that sacks are necessarily the best means of assessing a DE or that tackles are the best means of assessing the value of anyone. But that's a whole other conversation.)

My ideal player at #20 is, and always has been, OG David DeCastro. But I just can't see him falling to #20. And even if he did, I'm not sure if we would draft him -- given Munchak and Matthews and their belief that they can find late-round value at a fraction of the cost.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

If DeCastro is there, and Bruce and Munch think he's for real. They'll take him. But, if they think he's more hype they won't take him.

With that said, I like Kirkpatrick a lot. And I like gilmore a lot too. Both are very good prospects in my eyes with different styles of plays. With Verner and McCourty, two more physical corners, I've got to wonder if we'll take one that can make more plays.
Old 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...content_stream

Full 7 round mock draft, I'd be fairly disappointed with this draft. I like from about round 4 back though
Old 04-24-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So many people keep giving us ILBs in the 2nd and 3rd of their mocks. It's silly. We need a pure, speedy WLB a la Lavonte David or Zach Brown.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whitney Mercilus scares the hell out of me.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Whitney Mercilus scares the hell out of me.
Coples, Perry, Jones, and Mercilus all are very risky prospects. It makes me nervous. But then again, at this point I'm hoping we either get Poe or Brockers and they both have high bust potential as well. I'd rather swing and miss on those players than take Kirkpatrick, though.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Coples, Perry, Jones, and Mercilus all are very risky prospects. It makes me nervous. But then again, at this point I'm hoping we either get Poe or Brockers and they both have high bust potential as well. I'd rather swing and miss on those players than take Kirkpatrick, though.
I'm hoping for Jerel Worthy or Devin Still in the 1st just cause most of the DE's scare me, but I'm getting to the point where I'd rather trade back and pickup an early 2nd and early 3rd. Then trade our original 2nd RD'er and a 4th to trade up so we'd have two early 2nd RD'ers. We could end up with Vinny Curry/Andre Branch, Bobby Waggner (<333), and an extra 3rd RD'er.

The early second round is the money spot in this draft.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

I like that NFL.com draft. I can't really complain about Mercilus. Going over the other prospects in that range, I can't say the other DE's are any better or that any DT on the board is better. The DT class is deeper too. Some are saying there will be a run on pass rushers early, even though I thought we could trade back and get one...guess we'll see.

I just watched some of Mychal Kendricks. I was a bit fooled by "ILB", but after seeing him, I see no reason he couldn't play Will for us. He had a 4.47 40 and top 3 cone and shuttle drills. The guy is one of the most athletic LB's this year, and it shows on film. As an added bonus, he has the versatility of a pass rusher. He rushed from the inside and outside. His production has been very good. Jerry Gray says he loves versatility, this guy could be used like they should use Ayers.

Phillip Blake only scares me because he's like 28 already, he may only live out his rookie contract. Akiem Hicks has already earned a buzz and I think we all wouldn't mind another DT. The rest of the guys look like solid depth for FS, CB, and WR.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
So many people keep giving us ILBs in the 2nd and 3rd of their mocks. It's silly. We need a pure, speedy WLB a la Lavonte David or Zach Brown.
I agree, and I'm not even sure we take a WLB if there's no value. Spoon will be fine for this year
Old 04-24-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm hoping for Jerel Worthy or Devin Still in the 1st just cause most of the DE's scare me, but I'm getting to the point where I'd rather trade back and pickup an early 2nd and early 3rd. Then trade our original 2nd RD'er and a 4th to trade up so we'd have two early 2nd RD'ers. We could end up with Vinny Curry/Andre Branch, Bobby Waggner (<333), and an extra 3rd RD'er.

The early second round is the money spot in this draft.
This is ideal. Seems like everyone that's gonna be there at 20 is a risk
Old 04-24-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Phillip Blake only scares me because he's like 28 already, he may only live out his rookie contract. Akiem Hicks has already earned a buzz and I think we all wouldn't mind another DT. The rest of the guys look like solid depth for FS, CB, and WR.
Just looked it up, he's 26. I didn't realize that, but I agree he's not worth it. I've always thought he'd have to play Guard in the NFL.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I agree, and I'm not even sure we take a WLB if there's no value. Spoon will be fine for this year
Plus, we still have Gerald McRath. McRath earned playing time as one of our nickel LB's last year, so if he improves, maybe we'll have our future WLB. I loved him so much coming out.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Plus, we still have Gerald McRath. McRath earned playing time as one of our nickel LB's last year, so if he improves, maybe we'll have our future WLB. I loved him so much coming out.
I did too, I thought he was going to be the next Michael Boley (who I also loved coming out)

It always surprises me when the Titans actually take someone I really like, happened three times last draft with Locker, Ayers and McCarthy