Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-01-2012, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be interested in these guys from that list Mighty, as long as they don't make their teams practice squads.

WR Jason Hill
DE Tim Fugger
LB Greg Jones
WR Mardy Gilyard
OG Brandon Washington
DE Cam Johnson
WR Jordan Shipley

The WR's would interest me most. Maybe Jones can replace Dyles? Haven't followed him, maybe he's been a bust since Michigan State. I thought Washington was a solid mid round pick.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
I'd be interested in these guys from that list Mighty, as long as they don't make their teams practice squads.

WR Jason Hill
DE Tim Fugger
LB Greg Jones
WR Mardy Gilyard
OG Brandon Washington
DE Cam Johnson
WR Jordan Shipley

The WR's would interest me most. Maybe Jones can replace Dyles? Haven't followed him, maybe he's been a bust since Michigan State. I thought Washington was a solid mid round pick.
I agree with you that the WRs make most sense to me -- since Britt's going to miss a game and Hawkins is running around on a gimpy ankle. If we signed a WR, it would probably be someone who can also play special teams -- like Jason Hill or Mardy Gilyard. (From the original list, I think Deion Branch is the best WR available, but I don't know if he still plays ST.)

But then again, the coaches said that they don't mind carrying 4 WRs into the first week of the season; and they did release Preston, Woods, etc. So maybe they're serious about sticking with what they've got at WR?
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Branch was getting pretty old, but if he's got some speed left I'd think seriously about him too. The ST's aspect can't be overlooked though.

Even with Britt back after one game, we don't know ready he'll be. Even if he's ok, if we plan on throwing the ball around more, 6 wr's seems right. I think they've at least got to be looking around.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cookie and Reynaud can play the slot, so I'm not worried with carrying just Britt, Washington, Wright, and Williams at WR. Cookie will mostly play the slot when he's in, and Craig Stevens will be the TE.

Although, I'd like them to bring in a WR for the NE game, if not only for precautionary reasons in case of injury. Preferably a vet who can play outside, like Jabar Gaffney. I think between Reynaud and Wright, we already have the guys to replace Mariani.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

WR Jason Hill
DE Tim Fugger
LB Greg Jones
WR Mardy Gilyard
OG Brandon Washington
DE Cam Johnson
WR Jordan Shipley

I think Jermaine Kearse interest me too. Personally I'd prefer to keep Diles over Jones, Jones had been mostly a bust and Diles can play all 3 LB positions, something that is very important. I know we won't keep as many LBers and as in the past but I am somewhat worried about overall depth and ST. Hopefully there are players who will make up on the ST's.

With 3 TE's on the roster, for New England we could as someone else said just line Cook up more as a slot WR. I'm really not worried but would still like to make contact with someone in case Britt is still a little slow
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I think Jermaine Kearse interest me too. Personally I'd prefer to keep Diles over Jones, Jones had been mostly a bust and Diles can play all 3 LB positions, something that is very important. I know we won't keep as many LBers and as in the past but I am somewhat worried about overall depth and ST. Hopefully there are players who will make up on the ST's.

With 3 TE's on the roster, for New England we could as someone else said just line Cook up more as a slot WR. I'm really not worried but would still like to make contact with someone in case Britt is still a little slow
Not to diss a former UW Husky but you dont want Jermaine Kearse. Jake would probably look for a hole to crawl in.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my Titans insider (humble brag) just texted me and told me that Tommie Campbell was getting some looks at receiver and even some plays in the backfield today in practice and said he looks pretty good actually.

I don't know if this is strictly for the Patriots game or what. It might be just because we'll be low on numbers week one with Britt out, or maybe just to give our offense a wrinkle to take some pressure off of Jake against a vastly superior opponent. Who knows? But I like it.

He also was raving about Reynaud. Personally, I hope Reynaud keeps up his momentum from the preseason and carries it over to the regular season. I'd love to see him take the #2 runningback spot from Ringer who is solid, but unspectacular.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
So my Titans insider (humble brag) just texted me and told me that Tommie Campbell was getting some looks at receiver and even some plays in the backfield today in practice and said he looks pretty good actually.

I don't know if this is strictly for the Patriots game or what. It might be just because we'll be low on numbers week one with Britt out, or maybe just to give our offense a wrinkle to take some pressure off of Jake against a vastly superior opponent. Who knows? But I like it.

He also was raving about Reynaud. Personally, I hope Reynaud keeps up his momentum from the preseason and carries it over to the regular season. I'd love to see him take the #2 runningback spot from Ringer who is solid, but unspectacular.
INSIDE INFO! SCORE!!!

Tommie Campbell is a special athlete, so him playing on offense isn't a big stretch. We'll probably just end up running a WR reverse with him, like we did on the kickoff that he returned for a TD. I don't exactly want a "Wild Berry" scenario in the backfield, since Campbell is a long strider who'd be best in the open field. Maybe Munch and Palmer surprise us, but I think it's far more important to get the ball into the hands of Wright, Nate, and Cookie. I hate when schemes get too cute.

And yeah, Reynaud is a revelation. I hope he claims the #2 RB spot too, and maybe we can get both him and CJ on the field together.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Patriots/Titans preview has been posted over at NEPatriotsDraft; it probably focuses on Tennessee even more than the Patriots, so I thought y'all may be interested in reading it:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...-week-one.html
Old 09-08-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Nice write-up, Matt! Proud of youuuuu!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
My Patriots/Titans preview has been posted over at NEPatriotsDraft; it probably focuses on Tennessee even more than the Patriots, so I thought y'all may be interested in reading it:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...-week-one.html
Good write up, however, Jurrell Casey is a true run stuffer ....I think you are confusing him as a pass-rusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Game day boys! I can't wait to see us pull off the upset and start this season off right.

I have a feeling CJ and Reynaud are going to have very nice days.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm feelin like Bart Scott right now. CAN'T WAIT
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The game against the Pats is one of the very few Titan games that will be broadcasted in my area this year. Sadly, I've had like 10 hours of sleep over the past two days and I'm utterly beat. This stinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
The game against the Pats is one of the very few Titan games that will be broadcasted in my area this year. Sadly, I've had like 10 hours of sleep over the past two days and I'm utterly beat. This stinks.
You can make it 4 more hours!
Old 09-09-2012, 11:27 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can make it 4 more hours!
But then how am I going to be awake for Breaking Bad when it comes on tonight?

Oh wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

My thoughts on week one:

- This offense is going to be very good in the future with Locker's continual development and once Britt (a true #1 WR) comes back............ if we revamp this offensive line.

- Our line is pretty bad. When they "run block", if you could call it that, they get zero push off of the line. Not only that, they can't even turn defenders to open lanes. It's strictly helmet-on-helmet blocking. That's unacceptable. Also, none of these guys can get to the second level to make a block. Not one. It's pathetic really. If I were CJ I'd walk up to the Titans front office immediately after the game and demand that they make a couple of trades to get some lineman who can actually block. As good as Wright has looked so far, passing on DeCastro is not looking good at all right now.

- As for Locker's first start, I feel like this is about what I expected. He showed great mobility, a strong arm, and also some questionable decision-making. A couple of his throws just left me scratching my head. And we'll probably continue to see a couple of those throws per game for the rest of the season. Also, he's gotta learn to not try and make tackles on plays like he did on the one where he got hurt.

- The defensive line didn't look very improved in the pass rush game. Especially up the middle. Hopefully Sen'Derrick Marks coming back can help out a little. Other than that though, a lot of our linemen look more like solid role-players. I think we're still missing a true difference maker somewhere up there.

- Linebackers looked good enough before McCarthy got hurt. Hopefully that's not anything too serious. They do, however, need to improve a little in pass coverage, especially not losing backs coming out of the backfield. I understand that's one of the main reasons the Titans drafted Zach Brown. So hopefully he'll continue to develop for them and make a difference there sooner rather than later.

- Our secondary looked terrible and this is the area of the defense that had me worried a bit coming in to the season. Personally, I don't think there's a single safety on the roster worth starting. So great that we signed Mike Griffin to that long-term deal! Speaking of, Mike is still biting on every play fake ever. Oh, and gotta love his reaching arm tackles. I'm having Lamont Thompson flashbacks as I type. Verner is better suited for strictly slot coverage me thinks. McCourty is pretty solid, but he's never going to get a lot of INTs or forced fumbles. We could use a play-making corner that could not only allow Verner to move inside permanently (Cut Mouton!), but also to take advantage of all the opportunities that would be given to him when teams choose to not throw on McCourty's side often.

- Overall, this team is young and is going to experience growing pains during this year, but they also probably just played the best team they're going to see all season. Britt comes back next week as well, so there is optimism. But while San Diego is not nearly as talented as New England, nor as sharp, the Titans have always struggled with the Chargers. The main cause of concern now for the Titans is getting this team healthy and hopefully somehow coming out of these first four games at .500. If they do that, I still think we could sneak in the playoffs as a 6 seed by the end of the season.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My thoughts on week one:

- This offense is going to be very good in the future with Locker's continual development and once Britt (a true #1 WR) comes back............ if we revamp this offensive line.

- Our line is pretty bad. When they "run block", if you could call it that, they get zero push off of the line. Not only that, they can't even turn defenders to open lanes. It's strictly helmet-on-helmet blocking. That's unacceptable. Also, none of these guys can get to the second level to make a block. Not one. It's pathetic really. If I were CJ I'd walk up to the Titans front office immediately after the game and demand that they make a couple of trades to get some lineman who can actually block. As good as Wright has looked so far, passing on DeCastro is not looking good at all right now.

- As for Locker's first start, I feel like this is about what I expected. He showed great mobility, a strong arm, and also some questionable decision-making. A couple of his throws just left me scratching my head. And we'll probably continue to see a couple of those throws per game for the rest of the season. Also, he's gotta learn to not try and make tackles on plays like he did on the one where he got hurt.

- The defensive line didn't look very improved in the pass rush game. Especially up the middle. Hopefully Sen'Derrick Marks coming back can help out a little. Other than that though, a lot of our linemen look more like solid role-players. I think we're still missing a true difference maker somewhere up there.

- Linebackers looked good enough before McCarthy got hurt. Hopefully that's not anything too serious. They do, however, need to improve a little in pass coverage, especially not losing backs coming out of the backfield. I understand that's one of the main reasons the Titans drafted Zach Brown. So hopefully he'll continue to develop for them and make a difference there sooner rather than later.

- Our secondary looked terrible and this is the area of the defense that had me worried a bit coming in to the season. Personally, I don't think there's a single safety on the roster worth starting. So great that we signed Mike Griffin to that long-term deal! Speaking of, Mike is still biting on every play fake ever. Oh, and gotta love his reaching arm tackles. I'm having Lamont Thompson flashbacks as I type. Verner is better suited for strictly slot coverage me thinks. McCourty is pretty solid, but he's never going to get a lot of INTs or forced fumbles. We could use a play-making corner that could not only allow Verner to move inside permanently (Cut Mouton!), but also to take advantage of all the opportunities that would be given to him when teams choose to not throw on McCourty's side often.

- Overall, this team is young and is going to experience growing pains during this year, but they also probably just played the best team they're going to see all season. Britt comes back next week as well, so there is optimism. But while San Diego is not nearly as talented as New England, nor as sharp, the Titans have always struggled with the Chargers. The main cause of concern now for the Titans is getting this team healthy and hopefully somehow coming out of these first four games at .500. If they do that, I still think we could sneak in the playoffs as a 6 seed by the end of the season.
I agree with a lot of this.

With the exception of a couple plays (i.e. the injury play and the bad INT), I thought Locker played pretty well. He had a couple of good runs and seemed to be spreading the ball around rather than locking in on one WR -- which is an important step for a young QB. Even the fumble that Hightower recovered for a TD wasn't really Locker's fault, as most QBs would've fumbled from that blind-side hit. The thing that still worries me is that his passes always seem to be a bit high and a bit strong -- which makes his WRs VERY vulnerable to taking big hits and leads to some incompletions/INTs. He needs to learn to use a bit more touch sometimes, rather than always rocketing the ball.

The question still remains about our running game. Has CJ fallen off the cliff OR is our OL really that terrible at run-blocking? Right now, I'd say it's a bit of both. Early on in this game, CJ seemed to have some pep in his step -- maybe too much, as he danced around a little bit. But the OL certainly did him no favors. Palmer's play-calling didn't help either, as he seemed to completely abandon the run by the 2nd quarter. It's hard to get into any sort of rhythm that way -- though we were down by 10-14 at that point, I think.

Our other weapons on offense looked good, as Washington, Cook, Wright, and Williams all made plays at different parts of the game. (I think that Williams probably should've had a TD too, if not for that terrible non-call for pass-interference in the endzone in the 1st quarter.) I also really liked that we were lining-up Reynaud all over the field to try and create mismatches for the opposing DEF. If I'm remembering correctly, we lined him up at RB, FB, outside-WR, and slot-WR at different points. Britt's return next week should strengthen this group even more -- pending Washington's injury-status.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good write-up Cash. The thing with playing a veteran team like New England is it's hard to get a true gauge on where the team is at.

Defensively i think they made enough plays to stay in the game with most teams and they should get better when some guys get a little more experience.

Offensively i don't know how much an offense will improve when Britt comes back but it has to be a lot. As was pointed out they don't have a true number one with the guys that were out there today. I was a little dissapointed by the hands that Washington showed and Damien Williams looks like he'd rather be anywhere but on a football field. They will struggle to run the ball conventially but they can use Chris Johnson more in the Marshall Faulk mold to get him open in space.

Locker i thought looked good for his first start. 67% on his throws is about where you'd like and of course there were a few drops but that's part of the business. The one glaring mistake (besides trying to play safety) was the drop down near his own goal line that cost them 6 points. As for next week he'll most likely be out there. The team wouldnt have left his pads and helmet on if the injury was of any significance. Add to that they aren't looking for any QB controversy to add any more to what their trying to do there.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fumble at the goal line was definitely a mistake, but Chandler Jones whooped Roos like he stole something on that play
Old 09-09-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Roos was frustrating to watch today. Sucked in pretty much every phase, then went and unnecessarily piled on to Jake Locker's tackle and ****** his arm up.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think the play of the defense will pick up. That team is a nightmare matchup for us, and Brady is the best in the league at dictating exactly what you can and can't do. We face some other great pure passing QBs, but none of them control a game like Brady.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Griffin *sigh*. The one game in the year where we really, really need him to play a good game and he just pisses the bed in every aspect. Lamont Thompson even thought he played like ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They problem I have with Locker is that he does throw the ball high and strong sometimes.Griffin sucks and hopefully he improves some day. We need a passrusher and interior linemen badly.

Eric Reid is our safety next year hopefully.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

The Patriots fan that sat a couple rows behind me was one of the biggest asshats at the stadium. I wanted someone to go Varsity Blues on him with a football to the face.