Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-13-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did watch it, and I love having the view from the All 22 camera. I have so many thoughts after watching it, so I'll just run through some off memory

- There is no singular reason for the demise of our running game, not in this particular game anyway. It's something different on every play. There are alot of factors. First off, Vince Wilfork is an animal and nearly unblockable when he wants to be. CJ is a big part of the problem though. He left yards on the field by jump cutting and not putting his head down and trusting his blocking when yards were there. Harris is not very good. Neither is Quinn Johnson.

- I was more impressed with Derrick Morgan than I thought I would be. Nothing really sticks out, but he was just consistently there on alot of plays.

- NE's run action fakes and reverse fakes got us pretty badly. We bit, were sucked in, and didn't recover very well. Griffin in particular stood out here

- Hard to get a solid read on secondary play sometimes since you don't know the defensive playcall, what their responsibility was on a particular play, how they're taught to play different route combinations, etc... but I thought McCourty played solid other than the early missed tackle on Hernandez, Griff was wildly inconsistent, Mouton played pretty solid. Tommie Campbell did not play at all on defense.

- The funnest thing to watch on this tape is OL/DL/LB play. You get a very good sense of what is unfolding and how guys choose to play it.

- NE beat us with playcalls/alignments on more than a few occasions. Their heavy formations are a nightmare to match up against because of Gronk and Hernandez, but everyone already knows that.

- I was extremely pleased with Locker. He didn't see open guys a few times, but for the most part he appeared to make correct reads and threw good balls. I was actually happy with his ball placement on alot of passes.

Last edited by Pit Bull #53 : 09-13-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the assessment Pit. What did you think of Wimbly?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't really key on him, but he didn't flash to me consistently other than the sack. I may go back later tonight and rewatch some defensive snaps and watch him specifically.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention, I remember reading that our running formations are some of the most predictable in the league. Something like the percentage of runs off the heavy side of the formation is ridiculous. I don't think Quinn Johnson is worth a roster spot, let alone think he could pave the way for CJ when the defense knows which side he's going, and predictability is the last thing a back with CJ's tendencies needs.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So. Who do you guys think we'll take with our top 3 pick?
Old 09-16-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Can I just sim this season and move on to next year?
Old 09-16-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking Jarvis Jones or Star Lotulelei if we stand pat. But it's probably going to be a trade back. We need a lot of help in a lot of places.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are a joke. I just can't think why we kept Michael Griffin over Cortland Finnegan. Had Michael hit FA, I doubt he would have made it in the NFL another 2 years, but instead we give him a stupid ******* contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

#1 CB, both safety spots, still need a couple of studs on the d-line, whole interior o-line needs new players... yeesh.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
#1 CB, both safety spots, still need a couple of studs on the d-line, whole interior o-line needs new players... yeesh.
I think its safe to say you can add RB to that list. CJ2k isn't coming back. By the time this O-line gets fixed, he will have lost any and all burst he has left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

True. But I'd rather not spend a premium pick or big free agency money to get one if possible.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Star Lotulelei is a Haloti Ngata type player?
Old 09-16-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson is a joke so far...that 2k season is a distant memory
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

This is gonna sound silly probably, but I actually think on the few times he touched the ball today he looked much better and more decisive. I think he could have had a nice game if it hadn't got out of control so early.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Here is one problem - go through our roster... with the exception of Roos and Stewart (and neither of them have been great this year), no one on our team can be considered one of the best at their position. Not THE best, one of the best. Now, to be fair, several guys are extremely young and are nowhere near their prime, so there's time for them (Ayers, McCarthy, Morgan, Casey, Wright, Cook, Britt, Locker). That I listed that many players still needing to reach their potential is scary for the immediate future. We need some blue chippers. And a new RB.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Brett Kern has been our best player LOL
Old 09-16-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rough weekend for Tennessee football.

We really need to get healthy. These games were uphill battles as it was, and having guys like Marks, Britt, Washington, and McCarthy either missing games or being limited is a killer, especially with Ball, Mariani, and Amano on IR.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I shudder to think what Megatron is going to do to our secondary next Sunday. And unfortunately I'll be there in person to witness it.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Pettigrew and Tony Scheffler are going to kill us.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Brandon Pettigrew and Tony Scheffler are going to kill us.
I think anyone with a pulse lined up at TE is going to kill us.

You and I could probably lineup at TE against the Titans and combine for about 10 catches, 120 yards and a couple of TDs.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
So. Who do you guys think we'll take with our top 3 pick?
Wow you think we're gonna pick that low?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said before, I can't watch a lot of Titans games due to my location. Kept up with the game via the internet. I'm not concerned about Locker, I still love the receivers, Roos and Stewart, the linebacker core and some of the d-line but god dammit the interior of the o-line sucks, the secondary stinks (Verner and McCourty are okay but they're not #1 corners) and CJ has broken my heart worse than any woman will ever do. This is how I feel when I watch him:

But back to the secondary, Michael Griffin I wanna let you know, you are a punk, I never respect you again. You come into the league and immediately you're a top 10 safety by your second or third year and now you can't cover your own shadow. Why? Why do you do this to me? I forgave the Titans for picking you ahead of Dwayne Bowe when VY needed targets and you pull this crap. Seriously man, you and me, we are ****ing done professionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.

Last edited by The Alex : 09-17-2012 at 12:22 PM.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^

The defense at least has the excuse that they're young in a lot of areas. Not sure there is any excuse for the O-line.

At some point the team has got to come to the conclusion that whether its the line or Chris Johnson they aren't going to be able to run the ball. If they are creative, and i'm not sure any coaching staff these days is, they'll try to rehab CJ's career and turn him into Marshall Faulk. Get him out in space and try to isolate him with linebackers, i like his chances better doing that.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Munchak said that Kenny Britt now has no limitations in practice or in games. Colin McCarthy is also out of the walking boot, but is probably still unlikely for Sunday. Marks and Ringer both should practice this week. We're startin to get healthy finally, although I'm honestly not sure how much difference it will make.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'm anxious to see Marks in real game action after what we saw from him in the preseason. Hopefully he sees time vs the Lions. We'll need pass-rush.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.