Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 12-28-2006, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benji has been average this year. He isn't mobile enough for my liking.

If Landry or Nelson fall to us, I'd be ecstatic. Ditto with Jarrett or Ginn. I also wouldn't mind Blalock.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benji has been average this year. He isn't mobile enough for my liking.

If Landry or Nelson fall to us, I'd be ecstatic. Ditto with Jarrett or Ginn. I also wouldn't mind Blalock or Moses. We have alot of options.

I wouldn't mind getting a DE that is stout against the run in the 2nd, like Tim Crowder, and let LaBoy come in as a situational rusher next year.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:53 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got a Vince Young jersey for Christmas. Was wanting Chris Hope, but it seems when you go last minute Christmas shopping, and every sports store has 500 #10 jersies, thats the one they pick. Oh well, Vince was my second choice. And better yet, I get to wear it to this weekend's game vs the Pats. It'll be my first Titans game! Huzzah!

Also, the more and more I think about it, the less likely I want a WR in the first round. Given how un-effective(I think thats proper grammar...oh well) first year WR's are, and how in the last couple of years our drafted WR's haven't panned out, I'd really like to go in other directions. Plus, Vince Young is the kind of player who will make the entire offense better. It doesn't matter if he's throwing to Ginn, Givens, Jarrett, or Jones.

I hope they go the way of defensive line or offensive line. We're not drafting a safety. As much as I hate to say, Lamont will be back next year. And unfortunately, has made enough plays to keep his spot. So no safety pick, though I really like Griffin. I really like the suggestion of Blalock or Brown. I know both are projected to playing both OT or OG. That would give us a starter to replace Piller/Olsen, and depth. We need bodyguards for Vince, and they will help Henry/White in the running game. On the defensive line, we need a pass rush. We saw against Jacksonville how good our secondary can be when we get pressure on the QB. It doesn't matter what corners we get in FA if the QB has all day to throw. Preferrably Moses or Woodley for a DE.

Which leads to the question: Who do you guys think is better for the Titans? Moses or Woodley?
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope
Got a Vince Young jersey for Christmas. Was wanting Chris Hope, but it seems when you go last minute Christmas shopping, and every sports store has 500 #10 jersies, thats the one they pick. Oh well, Vince was my second choice. And better yet, I get to wear it to this weekend's game vs the Pats. It'll be my first Titans game! Huzzah!

Also, the more and more I think about it, the less likely I want a WR in the first round. Given how un-effective(I think thats proper grammar...oh well) first year WR's are, and how in the last couple of years our drafted WR's haven't panned out, I'd really like to go in other directions. Plus, Vince Young is the kind of player who will make the entire offense better. It doesn't matter if he's throwing to Ginn, Givens, Jarrett, or Jones.

I hope they go the way of defensive line or offensive line. We're not drafting a safety. As much as I hate to say, Lamont will be back next year. And unfortunately, has made enough plays to keep his spot. So no safety pick, though I really like Griffin. I really like the suggestion of Blalock or Brown. I know both are projected to playing both OT or OG. That would give us a starter to replace Piller/Olsen, and depth. We need bodyguards for Vince, and they will help Henry/White in the running game. On the defensive line, we need a pass rush. We saw against Jacksonville how good our secondary can be when we get pressure on the QB. It doesn't matter what corners we get in FA if the QB has all day to throw. Preferrably Moses or Woodley for a DE.

Which leads to the question: Who do you guys think is better for the Titans? Moses or Woodley?
I'd be willing to bet that LaMont will not be the starter at FS come next year. Whether ot not it will be because of a draft pick remains to be seen, but we have plenty of resources to replace him. We are still in the process of tying up some loose ends, and LT is definately one of them...we couldn't do it all this year, but we did some (Calico, Gardner, Fleming, and Tank to a lesser degree), that will continue this offseason, bank on that.

As far as Moses and Woodley: I don't know. Moses definately fits the freak mold moreso, but Washburn would have to do alot of work with him on technique, developing more rush moves and getting stronger. Woodley won't offer the speed off the edge, but he's relentless and is very strong against in-line run blocking. I think I'd rather have Woodley, but I really don't know right now. I'll get back to this after their workouts.

Btw, it is being reported that we will soon exercise Fish's 07 option year. This will be done to keep him under contract during the offseason so that we can work on a multiyear deal without worrying about him getting offered somewhere else.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Football Outsiders named Pacman to their All-Pro team. They are big on metrics, so his must've been good. Matter fact, I saw something the other day that listed some CB metrics, they were only through week 13 of the season, but Pacman was #1 in the NFL in stop rating %, and I think 6th in yards per play at 5.5. He's been damn good this year.

Reynaldo Hill was in the bottom 10 for yards per play. He's been alot better during our winning streak though. He still has his major flaw though, and that's locating the ball in the air...he tries to faceguard his WR too much.

Also FWIW, Samari Rolle was dead last in yards per play and stop % and it wasn't even close. 14.1 yards per play :shock: , the next closest to him was 4 yards less.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:04 AM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

tylaw24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How long is Pacman's rookie contract? He was my favourite corner in that years draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
thx ^sig by cardsalltheway^
Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
the 08 Raiders will be without a doubt the best SB team ever.
tylaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:06 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylaw24
How long is Pacman's rookie contract? He was my favourite corner in that years draft.
6 year deal, but i'm not for sure.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:47 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going out of town, so keep this at the top boys.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Titansfan #53
Rookie

Titansfan #53 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylaw24
I think its 5yrs/19mil
Titansfan #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Roos has only allowed 3 sacks this year. Also only 5 penalties all year.

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/...ts.asp?id=7217

Gotta hand it to Reese for his last couple of drafts. We went through some REALLY bad drafts for about a 3 year stretch, but the last couple have been fantastic. Roos was a great pick in the 2nd when the majority of people (besides toonster, go figure, lol) thought it was a horrible reach. Then we got Stewart in the 4th round of the same draft. Pretty good when you get your starting bookends in the same draft. Both have been great.

Pacman over Rolle and Rogers looks pretty good now, though I still think all three will be good (Rolle maybe at FS, who knows?). Rey Hill in the 7th. Despite his bad troubles early in the year, he has picked his game up during our winning streak. I still don't think he's starting material, but he can be a quality backup, and has shown he can play when needed...that's about as good as it gets in the 7th.

The WR's from 05 look a little iffy, but Brandon Jones makes up for that. He hasn't had an amazing year, but you also have to take into account that he's only a year removed from ACL surgery. I think he can be a consistent 50-60 reception guy. I wanted us to take Channing Crowder over Roby during the 05 draft, and still wish we did, I thought we went overboard with the WR's similar to what we did with DE's in 03 (LaBoy, Odom, Schobel).

Scaife in the 6th was great. Finnegan in the 7th was great, even though no one had ever even heard of him.

Obviously Vince looks like a good pick so far. LenDale's grade is incomplete right now. Lowry is an ace ST'er. Tulloch figures to be our starting MLB next year, and he's been good when he's got PT this year.

And finally, the 3rd we gave for Travis Henry that looked so horrible last year now looks like an excellent trade. I'll toot my own horn for naming him my breakout player during the offseason when everyone else was screaming for us to cut him :P
Old 12-31-2006, 06:04 AM    (permalink
tylaw24
Rookie

tylaw24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good luck today titans. It will be interesting to see how my Pats contain your main man VY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
thx ^sig by cardsalltheway^
Michael Griffin #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork
the 08 Raiders will be without a doubt the best SB team ever.
tylaw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pretty obvious where the weaknesses on this team are.

Get that ass clown LaMont Thompson off the team.
Reynaldo Hill shouldn't be starting.
We need a new RDE. We were starting some loser named Sean Conover today.
We either need to decide if Tulloch can play MLB or get a new one.
We need a legit WR.

We need our TE's to get healthy so we don't have to rely on Ben f'ing Hartsock to run receiving patterns.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pretty obvious where the weaknesses on this team are.

Get that ass clown LaMont Thompson off the team.
Reynaldo Hill shouldn't be starting.
We need a new RDE. We were starting some loser named Sean Conover today.
We either need to decide if Tulloch can play MLB or get a new one.
We need a legit WR.

We need our TE's to get healthy so we don't have to rely on Ben f'ing Hartsock to run receiving patterns.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

And the main thing our quarterback needs to work on is consistency.

That said, I thought the gameplan and playcalling were piss poor today on both sides of the ball.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

This one hurts....

I still don't know why Hill can't play the ball in the air. Does he have a neck condition that prevents him from turning his head?
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well, everything fell into place for us to make the playoffs. KC won, Denver lost and Cincy lost...but we blow the game that we can control the outcome of. Oh well. If you would've told me in the preseason that we'd be 8-8 this year, I would have been very pleased. Now we need to fill some holes. This offseason is CRUCIAL to this teams future in my opinion. We have to get it right.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:34 PM    (permalink
10jay32

is this realistic?
1 Rd LaRon Landry S
2rd Robert Meachem WR
3rd Tony Ugoh OT
Old 12-31-2006, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well, I like the first two picks. If Landry fell to us it would be GREAT, but I think he will get picked well before our pick.

I like Meachem in the 2nd, but I think he is going to return to school, no doubt in my mind anymore.

Why would we take an OT in the 3rd though? Unless Ugoh can play OG it doesn't make alot of sense. If we are gonna draft an Olineman, it's gonna be on the interior. I'd also consider some Dlineman with the 3rd.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:48 PM    (permalink
10jay32

well put. just new to this thread and thought I'll give a shout. thanks for the info
Old 12-31-2006, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Titansfan #53
Rookie

Titansfan #53 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

After what ive seen this whole season CB, and FS are the biggest needs.

I see us getting Samuel, or Clements in FA and maybe a DE.
but in the draft I see us going for a FS and WR. I think that Merriweather, Nelson, and Landry are all great pick but the one that I like the most is Damien Hughes CB for Cal, I think that he can convert into FS just because he is oversized at CB and is know for good tackling, with average speed for a CB, and awsome hands.
Titansfan #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:57 PM    (permalink
King Rhabuf
Rookie

King Rhabuf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

aww man

Old 01-01-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansfan #53
After what ive seen this whole season CB, and FS are the biggest needs.

I see us getting Samuel, or Clements in FA and maybe a DE.
but in the draft I see us going for a FS and WR. I think that Merriweather, Nelson, and Landry are all great pick but the one that I like the most is Damien Hughes CB for Cal, I think that he can convert into FS just because he is oversized at CB and is know for good tackling, with average speed for a CB, and awsome hands.
Uhh...if Hughes doesn't completely bomb his 40, then I'd expect him to be gone on the first day. The last thing we need to do is start playing around with first day picks trying to change a guys position. You take guys like that on the second day unless they have unreal potential (Matt Jones).
Old 01-01-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rhabuf
aww man

even though he almost lead us to a playoff spot in record fashion, overcame so many critics and was composed like a seasoned veteran. took us too 8 - 8, injected new hope and has what looks to be an incredibly bright future, it just isnt enough for him. he is going to be so special.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Alright, now that the season is over, I'm zoned in on what we should do in the offseason.

This team WILL NOT go anywhere with the run defense as is. It is the main aspect of the team that needs to be fixed. Sure we need a FS, sure we need a CB, but the run defense should be priority numero uno.

First off, Dlineman. I think this is a position that is a prime candidate for our first round pick. We need a RDE opposite of KVB. An every down DE that can play the run and rush would be great. I like Tim Crowder in the 2nd round, also like Lamarr Woodley if he tests fine. Whatever it is, we need to get scrubs like Sean Conover and Josh Savage off the field, and limit Travis LaBoys snaps to about 15 per game as a rusher. I had hoped Odom could be an every down DE, but I have lost all faith in him.

I wouldn't rule out DT at all either with our first. Many are debating whether or not Albert should be back next year because of his inconsistencies and his very large salary. Personally, I think he's back for another year at least. That leaves the other spot open for Robiare, Starks, Long, Mahelona, and Brown. Robaire may or may not be back next year. Starks and Long are good in rotation when you limit their snaps. Mahelona didn't show much. I wouldn't be opposed to Amobi Okoye or Tank Tyler, depending on what we do. Our DL is not cutting it.

Lastly, MLB. Is Tulloch the answer? I don't know, but he didn't help the run D a ton when he was in. Like I said, sometimes you gotta stop relying on 2nd day picks and get some proven/elite talent guys in there. Patrick Willis in the 1st would suit me as an option.

Whether or not we decide to address these positions in the draft or in FA, I don't care, but something has to be done about it. This team will go nowhere as long as teams are allowed to run on us at will. I agree we should try and upgrade FS and RCB, but fixing the run D would be my main concern. just my 2 cents
Old 01-02-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Alright, now that the season is over, I'm zoned in on what we should do in the offseason.

This team WILL NOT go anywhere with the run defense as is. It is the main aspect of the team that needs to be fixed. Sure we need a FS, sure we need a CB, but the run defense should be priority numero uno.

First off, Dlineman. I think this is a position that is a prime candidate for our first round pick. We need a RDE opposite of KVB. An every down DE that can play the run and rush would be great. I like Tim Crowder in the 2nd round, also like Lamarr Woodley if he tests fine. Whatever it is, we need to get scrubs like Sean Conover and Josh Savage off the field, and limit Travis LaBoys snaps to about 15 per game as a rusher. I had hoped Odom could be an every down DE, but I have lost all faith in him.

I wouldn't rule out DT at all either with our first. Many are debating whether or not Albert should be back next year because of his inconsistencies and his very large salary. Personally, I think he's back for another year at least. That leaves the other spot open for Robiare, Starks, Long, Mahelona, and Brown. Robaire may or may not be back next year. Starks and Long are good in rotation when you limit their snaps. Mahelona didn't show much. I wouldn't be opposed to Amobi Okoye or Tank Tyler, depending on what we do. Our DL is not cutting it.

Lastly, MLB. Is Tulloch the answer? I don't know, but he didn't help the run D a ton when he was in. Like I said, sometimes you gotta stop relying on 2nd day picks and get some proven/elite talent guys in there. Patrick Willis in the 1st would suit me as an option.

Whether or not we decide to address these positions in the draft or in FA, I don't care, but something has to be done about it. This team will go nowhere as long as teams are allowed to run on us at will. I agree we should try and upgrade FS and RCB, but fixing the run D would be my main concern. just my 2 cents
do we run the right defensive system for woodley?

patrick willis i personally feel is the pick for us, sure we have a defensive leader in keith bulluck but someone with willis' prescense in the middle will immediately lift a teams morale. michael griffin could be the pick because landry WILL be gone. i think a DE in FA would be the best bet along with a corner, grant and samuel? possible and im hope ful it happens and its very possible with the money we will have to spend. albert haynesworth i want him another year then he can leave if he not got it together. defense is the most important thing now along with a WR but personally good recievers can be picked up later (second and third)

and i dont have to stick a ron jeremy dildo up my ass anymore we did better than last year woooooooooo

but if we draft offense with the first pick in this draft i will eat my face, really
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote