Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-02-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Norm Chow is on the Cardinals wish lists :( , i hope he stays. Him+VY=Future

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Jamaal Anderson declares and is there for our pick. DL has to be upgraded. I like Charles Johnson too, but he might be a little of a reach where we pick.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone think Norm Chow would be a good Head Coach? I have my doubts, and even if he would, who in their right mind would leave an up and coming franchise for the train wreck that is the Arizona Cardinals?

What round does Jamaal Anderson project to? Is he a first rounder or could we get him in the second?
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VY=AP OROY 8) :D

Old 01-03-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Titansfan #53
Rookie

Titansfan #53 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I heard that David Givens will be out for most of next year, if not all of next year. He not only tore his ACL but also his meniscus, and broke a bone in his knee.
Titansfan #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titansfan #53
I heard that David Givens will be out for most of next year, if not all of next year. He not only tore his ACL but also his meniscus, and broke a bone in his knee.
I'd say it is likely that he will be PUP'd. That should give him time to recover.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Quote:
I'd say it is likely that he will be PUP'd. That should give him time to recover.
Well that was a great signing :|

Old 01-03-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I have my eyes set on all the DL in the draft - DT and DE's. We need one in a bad way in my opinion. I don't want some scrub like Moses either. I want a guy that plays. Much rather have his counterpart than him.

Love Dorsey as well. Ditto on Okoye.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
I have my eyes set on all the DL in the draft - DT and DE's. We need one in a bad way in my opinion. I don't want some scrub like Moses either. I want a guy that plays. Much rather have his counterpart than him.

DE is alittle higger in my book, getting a good pass rush would help the secondary

Old 01-04-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
Quote:
Well that was a great signing :|
Can't predict major injuries. He's still fairly young, give him time. I think he will be fine.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:20 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

DE is alittle higger in my book, getting a good pass rush would help the secondary
so would getting rid of rey and LT
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Floyd Reese is gone.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....RTS01/70105028
Old 01-05-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I am shocked that he decided 2 resign, I would have thought they would have signed him to an extension. The past couple of seasons, he has shown his GM moxie, by taking this team from one of the lowest its ever been, to a team with a very bright future and a young foundation to build on. Thanks for everything Floyd, even though we may have been critical about you releasing McNair, and some fans hated you for drafting Young, you have shown us that you do know what you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
B FOR BULLUCK

I can't say I agree that he knows what he is doing or that he is more than a baboon in a suit. That's fine he has had a couple good drafts here (mainly getting the OL talent recently, VY wasn't really his choice since I think that came down from Bud) but it doesn't really change his many years of flops and being one of the worst managers of the salary cap in the history of the NFL. He is a good reason why we hit the low point obviously.

I am glad he is gone because this could be one of our most active offseasons ever. I just hope we do what is right and get someone who understands the ins and outs of the salary cap to perfection and does what he needs to do correctly.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VY
(on if he has anything to say to Merrill Hoge)

I don’t know what to say about that guy, but if I could just sit down and see what’s going on. I don’t know if I did something to him. I don’t know what’s going on between me and him, but hopefully, I hope he gets a better picture of me but at the same time there’s still going to be somebody that dislikes the things that I’m doing. I’m going to continue to make my family and teammates happy. That’s all that matters to me.

Old 01-06-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

been a huge fan of Reese, sad to see him go. Every GM has there flops, but if you take your chance on that player you will never know what he going to produce in the NFL. Salary Cap issue was bad, but he was just trying to keep this team together to make a superbowl run again, and he got us out of it in only three years.

Old 01-06-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I was on the fence about Reese before this offseason. He had the bad run of drafts and salary cap mismanagement for few years, and before this season started, no one knew how Pacman would fare after his bad rookie year.

However, now that the past two draft classes have had a chance to play out a little, plus the FA's we brought in, I have to give him credit for helping bring the team back on the upswing. He got us our two starting OT's in the same draft, gut us a dynamic playmaker in Pacman, got us our QBOTF, and a nice mix of veteran players. I would have liked to see him have the chance to finish what he's started the past couple of years.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

So is the new Gm going to come from in house??

Old 01-07-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Jamaal Anderson is leaving early for the draft 8) :D

Old 01-07-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Titansfan #53
Rookie

Titansfan #53 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Did Jarrett or Calvin declare going pro yet?
Titansfan #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Jamaal Anderson is leaving early for the draft 8) :D
He and Glenn Dorsey are my two favorite guys in the draft. I wish one of them would drop to our pick, but that's a pipe dream

I wouldn't mind trading up.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if its too far fetched, but could Patrick Willis fall to us or would we have to trade up to get him? IMO he has top 10 quality talent, but there is alot of talent in this draft? Any thoughts, because I view him as the only plaayr worth taking instead of a wideout(unless a top 10 pick falls to us of course)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan
I don't know if its too far fetched, but could Patrick Willis fall to us or would we have to trade up to get him? IMO he has top 10 quality talent, but there is alot of talent in this draft? Any thoughts, because I view him as the only plaayr worth taking instead of a wideout(unless a top 10 pick falls to us of course)
It is possible that he can fall to our pick. Not far fetched at all.

I still think that our top need is on the DL (both spots), but who we take in the draft is going to depend solely on who we bring in as FA's.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:04 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that Reese is gone, who do you think will be named the new GM.

I'm hoping that they do NOT make the mistake of giving all the personnel power to Fisher. Don't get me wrong...Fisher's a good coach. But very, VERY few coaches can handle the role of coach AND GM. There are too many examples out there of good coaches who stunk it up in the GM role...

Can you tell that I'm worried??? :|
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Titans_Dynasty85
Rookie

Titans_Dynasty85 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey guys with all the recent juniors declaring for the draft, do you think we have a shot at either...

Jamaal Anderson- DE, Arkansas
Reggie Nelson- FS, Florida
Tedd Ginn Jr.- WR, Ohio State

I put these guys in order of who I would most want on the Titans.