Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 05-07-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. Fugg Manziel.

Bridgewater is nice, but I've also got eyes on Braxton Miller and Kevin Hogan, although I doubt Hogan comes out after next year. I've gotta watch more of Boyd.

Hopefully Locker makes drafting a QB a moot point after this season. I'd love to grab a playmaking tight end like Lyerla instead.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree TH, Locker is pretty hated amongst the boards as well. So is Christian Ponder, I think fans have gotten to used to the Cam Newtons, RG3 and Andrew Lucks with the offenses totally adapting to them and making them stars as rookies, that they forget that not all teams adapt and that not all QBs are going to be great from year 1.

I often look back and wish I could see what would have happened to Rodgers if he was drafted and played right away, I get the feeling people would have bashed him all day long, but now he's arguably the best QB in the league.

Jake has all the tools, and the desire to be great. Protection from the offensive line, an improved run game and defense will do wonders alone for Jake. Jake held the ball too long last season, and the offensive line wasn't good from the inside, that's not a great combination lol.

Manziel is going to bust if he's picked in the first round. He likely won't ever live up to the hype that he's created in college, let alone NFL. Bridgewater is the clear cut best QB in NCAA as a pro prospect, with nobody else close at the moment. It's very early in the process obviously, I like Boyd and if he can improve his mental errors he'll be good. Other than that I just see a lot of guys that need to put it together, I really like Clint Trickett for WVU. He's not really what you look for in a prototypical QB, but he's got some ability, Of course right now he's probably a 5th rounder or so.

Jay Cutler, Josh Freeman and Ryan Mallett would all be high on my list if the Titans did need a QB, but that's assuming Jake Locker will fail, and he won't
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:43 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Manziel as a top pick is stupid. He's fast and elusive for a QB, but he's far from Vick-like. He's tiny. He throws an ugly ball and has a questionable arm/accuracy. He's also playing behind 2 OTs that have/will be a top 5 pick, and has very good WRs as well. He does nothing for me as an NFL prospect.

I also don't understand the massive Locker hate on this board. I hear people all the time saying he was a monster reach and sucks. He's played 1 injury ridden season behind a dumpster fire of an OL. Give the guy a damn chance. I think a lot of it on this board are the people that didn't like him as a prospect, so they are trying to jump on the "I TOLD YOU SO!" bandwagon.

I love you Jake. The FORF will do you good.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a "what have you done for me lately" kind of league, and message board posters are even worse with that. Locker has upside but even the most diehard fan knows that is really all he is right now. Fortunately for him, on top of his tools he has a good head on his shoulders and is a competitor. It's not that he doesn't want it, he just hasn't put it together yet.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think any of us think he's some great QB right now, more that its not really fair to say that he sucks yet. He only played 10 games last season, many of which were being played with injury and behind 3rd stringers on the OL. Very few 2nd year QBs would succeed in that situation.

But all of us do realize that this is a prove it year for Locker. The OL should be much improved and he now has some weapons on the outside.

I think we just get annoyed with people talking about how much Locker sucks when they know nothing about his situation last year and only look at stats.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Britt plays then that is a mega talented receiving corps with Huner and Wright. I don't know if Delanie Walker is a #1 TE, but he is a weapon wherever he lines up. Plus Taylor Thompson has a lot of potential at TE. Then there is CJ who will be running behind an OL that should be improved ten-fold along with the addition of Shonn Greene who is now in the role that he is best suited for. Darius Reynaud can make splash plays when he gets touches but that will mainly be in the return game.

I am saying what you guys already know, the Tits have talent around Locker. Not a finished product but there are pieces all around that offense. The defense is young and talented as well, there is a lot to be excited about but this is the year for Locker to step up.

You need a DE but I would be excited about that defense. That linebacker group is nasty and Pollard is a good pickup. Griffin is meh and the pass rush could be a question mark, but overall the team looks good on paper.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin seems to be as good as his pass rush in front of him, hopefully with Gregg Williams' influence, the pass rush will improve by philosophy alone.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griff is decent-ish when he's playing back. He would be much better in this area if he played the ball in the air better. His downfall comes with his pursuit angles and tackling. Soft as ****. The hope here is that having Pollard and Wilson may can mask some of his shortcomings. I'll believe it when I see it, personally. I've had enough of thinking "this is the year he finally puts it all together."
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
If Britt plays then that is a mega talented receiving corps with Huner and Wright. I don't know if Delanie Walker is a #1 TE, but he is a weapon wherever he lines up. Plus Taylor Thompson has a lot of potential at TE. Then there is CJ who will be running behind an OL that should be improved ten-fold along with the addition of Shonn Greene who is now in the role that he is best suited for. Darius Reynaud can make splash plays when he gets touches but that will mainly be in the return game.

I am saying what you guys already know, the Tits have talent around Locker. Not a finished product but there are pieces all around that offense. The defense is young and talented as well, there is a lot to be excited about but this is the year for Locker to step up.

You need a DE but I would be excited about that defense. That linebacker group is nasty and Pollard is a good pickup. Griffin is meh and the pass rush could be a question mark, but overall the team looks good on paper.
I agree there is talent around Locker now and it looks like we are going to a style that will fit him better. The OL looks great on paper and while Walker/Stevens aren't the best receivers, both are very good blockers. It seems like the offense will revolve around a heavy dose of running and play action passing. The run game will take pressure off of Locker and Britt/Hunter will give him deep threat in the play action game, with Wright working underneath. Locker is probably best when he's on the move, so I could see a good amount of play action rollouts. I'm excited about the offense, I think it has a lot of potential.

The defense I'm more skeptical about, but it seems like we will be changing things up with more blitzing and Gregg Williams' influence. I'm skeptical at the moment, but I'm really interested to see how it turns out.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I've always thought Griffin played his best when he had a good thumping SS next to him but we'll see
Old 05-07-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I agree there is talent around Locker now and it looks like we are going to a style that will fit him better. The OL looks great on paper and while Walker/Stevens aren't the best receivers, both are very good blockers. It seems like the offense will revolve around a heavy dose of running and play action passing. The run game will take pressure off of Locker and Britt/Hunter will give him deep threat in the play action game, with Wright working underneath. Locker is probably best when he's on the move, so I could see a good amount of play action rollouts. I'm excited about the offense, I think it has a lot of potential.

The defense I'm more skeptical about, but it seems like we will be changing things up with more blitzing and Gregg Williams' influence. I'm skeptical at the moment, but I'm really interested to see how it turns out.
I wonder if Walker can be a guy that with some work this offseason can imrpove his catching ability. I say this because he played WR in college, and I can't comprehend that he just forgot how to catch the ball
Old 05-07-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I wonder if Walker can be a guy that with some work this offseason can imrpove his catching ability. I say this because he played WR in college, and I can't comprehend that he just forgot how to catch the ball
I hope so, he has the speed and athletic ability to do it. But based off of what he did in SF, I'm not going to assume he's a major receiving threat just yet. Although based on what we paid him it seems like our staff has some faith that he can be a threat in the passing game. If he can its a cherry on top because he's already elite in the running game.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We cut RB Jamie Harper today and signed former Jags RB Jalen Parmele. Like most Titans fans, I was never a fan of Harper, who had nice size but was slow and ran like a finesse RB.

Since Darius Reynaud is likely to be our KR/PR but doesn't offer much in the way of consistent running, my guess is that we'll carry four RBs into opening day. It'll be interesting to see if Parmele is that 3rd RB guy or if we go in a different direction -- maybe another camp veteran, a June 1st cut, or UDFA.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:44 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think Jefferson will likelycompete for a job, but Parmele was a Jag who our current RB coach, Sylvester Croom came from. So he's got some familiarity with him.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, I don't know if I've ever seen a player so disrespected among the boards.

They act like he's a borderline starter in the league. Can't wait til he rips it up
People are morons. If he was released 31 other teams would cream their panties to get the most statistically explosive RB to ever play the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I was looking over Arian Fosters numbers, who most consider the 2nd back in the NFL. I've heard nothing negative whatsoever about the season he had. Yet let's look a little closer.

Foster had a 4.1ypc, while CJ had a 4.5ypc.

Foster had some pretty bad games just like CJ. The line, and offense in general were much worse for CJ than Foster. Foster really only gets the nod in TDs, which can be explained by the offense.

I know CJ had some pretty poor games, but to put up the numbers he did with how bad the offense was playing and how bad the offensive line was, I think is pretty impressive.

It's too be seen how many carries Greene gets, but I expect CJ to get somewhere in the area of 1200-1300 yards next season, with around 5ypc
Old 05-08-2013, 02:08 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
People are morons. If he was released 31 other teams would cream their panties to get the most statistically explosive RB to ever play the game.
I understand when people say he's kind of hit or miss, and there are times he could make a 3 yard gain and takes a 1yard or 0 yard gain, but there were times he got tackled a yard or 2 in the backfield without even having a chance to go anywhere. I'd love to see someone analyze everyone of his runs and if the blocking was poor and he got tackled for 0 or negative yards, to figure up what his YPC were without those runs, it had to be over 5
Old 05-08-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I'm really looking forward to seeing what CJ can do with that OL in front of him and Greene as a nice compliment. I know CJ won't want to give away the carries, but I think having someone like Greene can make CJ more effective with his touches.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I'm really looking forward to seeing what CJ can do with that OL in front of him and Greene as a nice compliment. I know CJ won't want to give away the carries, but I think having someone like Greene can make CJ more effective with his touches.
I agree, you look at what Chris did with LenDale his rookie year and you can't help but be excited. Together, the two combined for 451 carries for 2001 yards, and 24 touchdowns. Thats not mentioning the 48 receptions, 276 yards and td on the ground.

Shonn Greene is a better RB than LenDale White, although LenDale was a good player for what we needed him for, respectively. I know CJ doesn't like it, but myself, and many others were so disappointed when we let Blount go because we saw the benefit to having that type of RB as a compliment.

Greene can likely get 4.5 yards a carry and CJ can likely get 5. I know we still need to show improvement in many areas, but we could potentially win a lot of games this year.

With all the teams in the NFL today setting up to pass and stop the pass, teams aren't set up to stop the run on defense. It's why the 49ers made it so far this season. (along with a great defense). We won 13 games with Kerry Collins at QB, Jake Locker is not any worse than Kerry Collins. Less experienced? Yes, but far more ability at this point in his career.

Currently, only 13 other teams have a 1000 yard rusher from last season. We have 2 from last season. Only 8 other teams have 2 RBs from last season that carried at least 275 times, we have 2.

"Those stats are deceiving because we are one of the few teams to get a starting RB in FA" Yes, it's true. I will give you that. But it's still an important statistic. Even if you look at teams with 2- 1000 yard rushers in their career currently on the same team, the list is rather short:
(In no order)
1) CJ Spiller & Fred Jackson
2) DeAngelo Williams & Jonathan Stewart
3) Steven Ridley & LeGarrette Blount
4) Mike Vick & Lesean Mccoy
5) Ryan Mathews & Ronnie Brown

Obviously, half of those are past there primes and not likeley to run for 1000 yards again, so we're in good company.

The key is really our defense, if we can keep games close to where we can ground and pound, we can win a lot of games this season
Old 05-08-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Parmele shmarmele, I want Colin Mooney as the 3rd RB. We once chanted "Dreeeeeeew", now we can go with "Mooooooo".
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Gray was elected to the College Football Hall of Fame.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I CAN'T WAIT FOR FOOTBALL SEASON,

hoping we can sign John Abraham soon
Old 05-09-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I really shouldn't be on any Titans groups on facebook, they are just too funny not to look every once in a while.

Yesterday, everyone was freaking out because we cut Harper and signed Parmele. Now, everyone is freaking out because Lavelle Hawkins just signed with the Patriots
Old 05-09-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really shouldn't be on any Titans groups on facebook, they are just too funny not to look every once in a while.

Yesterday, everyone was freaking out because we cut Harper and signed Parmele. Now, everyone is freaking out because Lavelle Hawkins just signed with the Patriots
If anything, that just shows the difference between our WR corps. Britt, Hunter, Wright, and probably even Hands would start for the Pats.

I like Hawk in NE. Hope he has success there.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Hawkins can be a nice role player for them, and could possibly develop but I think his time here in Tennessee was over.

I do like some of the young players they have now, namely Dobson and Boyce that they picked up in the draft, but they still are starting Michael Jenkins right now, so like you said, 4 of our guys would probably start for them