Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 05-15-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see it, unfortunately. I'm seeing 6 or 7. I hope I'm wrong though.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I think if the run game improves, and the D does as well (can't go anywhere but up right?), I'll say 7-9. Locker must improve, but if he does, how much will be the question. Ive always hoped he could use his skillset to be similar to McNair, but I'm leaning towards that being just wishfull thinking at this point.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The over/under is 6.5 games. I think its pretty fair at this point.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should absolutely be about 5 or so wins if Locker performs like the majority of the nation thinks he's going to perform. Add the potential for 5 extra wins if he performs like we hope he will.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're also nearing my least favorite part of the year: the dead time between the end of the NBA playoffs and the start of NFL training camp, when all there is is baseball. I'm just glad I love basketball or else I don't know what I'd do with some of my time. Thank god the Grizz are still in it.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No kidding, the NBA makes the offseason go by so much quicker. MLB is just a chore to keep up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I think thats a fair assessment, my post was on the hopeful side. Realistically, I think its 8 games with 10 games being on the hopeful side.

Looking at the team I am very pleased with what we have accomplished. The running game should be much improved, CJ will be CJ again and Greene can wear down defenses and get some easy tds.

The defense should be able to stop the run, and we should generate enough pressure with a renewed Williams and our blitzing linebackers. Our special teams should be good enough to give us an edge in that department against nearly everyone we face.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanna see McCarthy and Britt stay healthy a full year, the football gods owe me this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's true, if everyone stays healthy we should be pretty beastly
Old 05-15-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I think thats a fair assessment, my post was on the hopeful side.
Usually I try to be an optimist, but since that usually doesn't end well I figured I'd flip it this time! Think we do bad... maybe end up good?
Old 05-15-2013, 09:15 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I just think we have far more talent this year than last, so I'd be very disappointed if we ended with the same amount of wins
Old 05-16-2013, 01:39 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
We're also nearing my least favorite part of the year: the dead time between the end of the NBA playoffs and the start of NFL training camp, when all there is is baseball. I'm just glad I love basketball or else I don't know what I'd do with some of my time. Thank god the Grizz are still in it.
Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo!

ZBo and Gasol in the NBA are like Gronk and Hernandez in the NFL. And if that's not true, that's cool cause I'm a football dude!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Lol. I love Z-Bo and Marc, but my absolute favorite player on the team is Tony Allen.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:00 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Crazy how the Grizz could just basically giveaway talent like O.J. Mayo and Rudy Cool and still maybe be the best team in the west.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously now that the Celts are out, I've found myself rooting for the Grizz. They play a great brand of basketball and don't have douche superstars. I have a high appreciation for gret bigs, as they seem to be a dying breed. Plus I always have some Tony Allen love from his Boston days.

Getting rid of Rudy Cool was a great move. He's an inefficient chucker and they are just as good with Prince, plus it saves them a TON of money down the road.

I have joined my Titan brothers for this postseason. Go Grizz!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how the Grizzlies have been playing thus far. Even though many of the pundits were questioning the trade of Rudy ***, I felt pretty strongly that it would ultimately make the team more cohesive. (Rudy's got talent for sure, but he's limited schematically. Doesn't add that much on defense, and he's a pure iso guy on offense, prone to poor shot selection.)

Aside from Mike Conley and Marc Gasol's development and Zach Randolph's improved health this year, the BIG difference has been our bench, which is WAAAAAAY better this year. Last year, we had OJ Mayo and...that was it. And OJ really only provided offense. The group of Jarryd Bayless, Quincy Pondexter, and a relatively healthy Darrell Arthur have given us much more balance and consistency off the bench.

My only complaint is that we really haven't used Ed Davis as much as I think we should -- especially in these playoffs -- which has meant that we've been logging some heavy minutes on our bigs thus far. But that's always been Lionel Hollins MO. He's definitely got "his guys," and he's hesitant to play the others until they earn his trust/respect. I'm hoping that doesn't come back to bite us in the a$$. If possible, I'd like to see our starters' minutes managed a bit more carefully in the next series by getting Davis, Arthur, and Austin Daye a bit more playing time.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ is 62nd on the NFL Network Top 100!

He'll be way higher next year.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

Well at least he got respected by the players
Old 05-16-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

A few things from an interview I watched, Derrick Morgan specifically singled out Tommie Campbell as one of the more versatile players on defense, could this finally be the year!?

Ropati said he views himself as a DE.

Kamerion Wimbley said he's gotten stronger this season from working out with the SC coach.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
A few things from an interview I watched, Derrick Morgan specifically singled out Tommie Campbell as one of the more versatile players on defense, could this finally be the year!?

Ropati said he views himself as a DE.

Kamerion Wimbley said he's gotten stronger this season from working out with the SC coach.
Yeah, I found the Campbell comment interesting. He specifically mentioned Campbell (pretty randomly) and said how he can play press. Maybe they are looking at Campbell as one of the press guys we have been rumored to be wanting? He certainly has the size and recovery speed.

Wimbley was bad last year, but I'm hoping part of that was due to converting from a SLB. Hopefully he's added strength/bulk so he can hold up better at DE. I hope.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:14 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

I think he handled the his reaction really well as well. The addition of Shonn Greene makes it highly unlikely, but man it would be great to see him hit 2000 yds again to hit all the nay sayers where it hurts, make NFL history, and instantly be recognized as one of the greatest to ever play the game.

There's only been 7 guys to do it. The YPC high has been 6.1 for someone that gets over 2000, and the lowest was 5.1. CJs best was 5.6, but getting a guy to take some carries may help him improve that.

In 2010, Jamaal Charles averaged 6.4ypc on 230 carries with Thomas Jones got 245 carries that year, for a total of 475 carries on the combo, they led the NFL in rushing attempts that season.

In 2009, the Jets led the league with 607 carries, 441 of which came between Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene, greene averaged 5ypc

In 2008, our Titans 5th in the league with 508 carries with CJ getting 251 (4.9) and LenDale White getting 200. The Ravens led the league that year with a RB by committe 592.

I give these statistics to get a realistic amount of carries between 2 backs, and the expected results of those carries.

I expect between the 2 backs to get 450 carries combined. CJ will still get the majority of the carries, just as he did in 08. Realistically, I would expect somewhere between 250-300. So unless CJ is gonna break some records and get 6.5+ ypc It's gonna be tough to get 2000 lol

I would expect 2000 between the two of them, but unless CJ is just that good that we can't afford not to have him on the field, I don't see him getting enough carries
Old 05-17-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Yeah, I found the Campbell comment interesting. He specifically mentioned Campbell (pretty randomly) and said how he can play press. Maybe they are looking at Campbell as one of the press guys we have been rumored to be wanting? He certainly has the size and recovery speed.

Wimbley was bad last year, but I'm hoping part of that was due to converting from a SLB. Hopefully he's added strength/bulk so he can hold up better at DE. I hope.
I think so, he played decent at times last season, namely the Jaguars game where he pressed and I think deflected the pass that was picked off by someone.

Wimbley will be improved this season, I'm fairly sure of that. What I am not sure of yet is weather it's because 1) He is bulked up and stronger, 2) He doesn't have to play as much 3) Gregg Williams puts him in a good situation and knows how to use him or 4) our DTs are bigger. Or just a combination of them all?
Old 05-17-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Kendall Wright drops 14 pounds

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...hing-junk-food

This is good news, as last season he seemed somewhat slow at times and lacked explosiveness
Old 05-17-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if the added weight slowed down some of his top end speed. I thought he looked pretty quick. Either way, he should be a better player with experience and in better shape. I like a little sip of the Koolaid every once in awhile.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
I wonder if the added weight slowed down some of his top end speed. I thought he looked pretty quick. Either way, he should be a better player with experience and in better shape. I like a little sip of the Koolaid every once in awhile.
As someone who watched him a lot in college, I was just unimpressed with his playmaking ability last year. In college, I saw him stretching the field vertically, but he was also very good at making plays after he caught the ball like a RB with the ball in his hands.

Maybe it was just the translation to the pro game, maybe it was the O-Line not giving them time, maybe it was the QB situation, but it was just tough when his longest pass reception was 38 yards, and he only averaged 9.8ypr. Most TEs now days average more than that