Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 01-27-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium
Any chance we fire Jim Schwartz as our DC and hire Mike Singletary as our new DC. Watching the Senior Bowl, he can flat out teach and motivate players as well as challenging them to give their all out effort. I believe he would be an upgrade as DC.
No, there is no chance Schwartz is fired this year as long as Fish is here. And that is the only reservation I have with keeping Fish around. I do not believe that Schwartz is capable of coaching a top notch defense with his philosophies.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but due to the SOS rules, don't the Titans draft #45 in the second round, and not number #51? I thought we pick behind all of the other 8-8 teams in the first round, and then move to the front of them in the second. If I'm correct, Scott has us picking in the wrong order in his mock...as well as all the others mocks on the boards.

Anyway, can someone clear this up for me? Thanks.

Oh, and great job on the Titans draft smittyjs.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Salami

We only move one spot for every consecutive round. The Titans were picking 7th out of the 8 teams with 8-8 team records. The 2nd round we pick 6th out of the 8 teams. The 3rd round we pick 5th out of 8, and so on.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Titans_Dynasty85
Rookie

Titans_Dynasty85 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanium
We only move one spot for every consecutive round. The Titans were picking 7th out of the 8 teams with 8-8 team records. The 2nd round we pick 6th out of the 8 teams. The 3rd round we pick 5th out of 8, and so on.
Actually I think the guy posting before you had it right. Why would it be fair to do it that way where they pick 6th out of the 8 teams in the 2nd and so on? they pick 2nd out of the 8-8 teams in the 2nd round. It would just be idiotic if it wasnt that way.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am bored so I will post my personal rankings for each position. I will stop on each when I feel like it.

QB
1. JaMarcus Russell, LSU
2. Brady Quinn, Notre Dame
3. Kevin Kolb, Houston
4. Drew Stanton, Michigan State
5. Trent Edwards, Stanford
6. Troy Smith, Ohio State

RB
1. Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma
2. Marshawn Lynch, Cal
3. Tony Hunt, Penn State
4. Kenny Irons, Auburn
5. Michael Bush, Louisville
6. Antonio Pittman, Ohio State
7. Gary Russell, Minnesota

WR
1. Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech
2. Dwayne Bowe, LSU
3. Robert Meachem, Tennessee
4. Ted Ginn Jr., Ohio State
5. Dwayne Jarrett, USC
6. Sidney Rice, South Carolina
7. Buster Davis, LSU
8. Anthony Gonzalez, Ohio State

TE
1. Zach Miller, Arizona State
2. Greg Olsen, Miami
3. Scott Chandler, Iowa
4. Martrez Milner, Georgia
5. Joe Newton, Oregon State

OT
1. Joe Thomas, Wisconsin
2. Levi Brown, Penn State
3. Tony Ugoh, Arkansas
4. Joe Staley, Central Michigan
5. Doug Free, UNI
6. Ryan Harris, Notre Dame

OG
1. Ben Grubbs, Auburn
2. Arron Sears, Tennessee
3. Josh Beekman, Boston College
4. Justin Blalock, Texas
5. Manuel Ramirez, Texas Tech
6. Kyle Young, Fresno State

C
1. Ryan Kalil, USC
2. Samson Satele, Hawaii
3. Doug Datish, Ohio State

DE
1. Jamaal Anderson, Arkansas
2. Gaines Adams, Clemson
3. Charles Johnson, Georgia
4. Victor Abiamiri, Notre Dame
5. Adam Carriker, Nebraska (34 DE?)
6. Jarvis Moss, Florida
7. Ikaika Alama-Francis, Hawaii (34 DE)
8. Quentin Moses, Georgia
9. Tim Crowder, Texas
10. LaMarr Woodley, Michigan

DT
1. Alan Branch, Michigan
2. Amobi Okoye, Louisville
3. Tank Tyler, NC St.
4. Justin Harrell, Tennessee
5. Quinn Pitcock, Ohio State
6. Marcus Thomas, Florida
7. Turk McBride, Tennessee (34 DE)

OLB
1. Lawrence Timmons, Florida State
2. Jon Beason, Miami
3. Earl Everett, Florida
4. Paul Posluszny, Penn State
5. Rufus Alexander, Oklahoma
6. Tony Taylor, Georgia

ILB
1. Patrick Willis, Ole Miss
2. Buster Davis, Florida State
3. Brandon Siler, Florida
4. David Harris, Michigan
5. Anthony Waters, Clemson
6. HB Blades, Pittsburgh
7. Marvin Mitchell, Tennessee

CB
1. Chris Houston, Arkansas
2. Darrelle Revis, Pittsburgh
3. Leon Hall, Michigan
4. Josh Wilson, Maryland
5. Aaron Ross, Texas
6. Dey Hughes, Cal
7. Marcus McCauley, Fresno State
8. Fred Bennett, South Carolina
9. Eric Wright, UNLV
10. Jonathan Wade, Tennessee

S
1. Reggie Nelson, Florida
2. LaRon Landry, LSU
3. Michael Griffin, Texas
4. Brandon Meriweather, Miami
5. Eric Weddle, Utah
6. Josh Gattis, Wake Forest
7. Aaron Rouse, Virginia Tech (LB?)
Old 01-29-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
landoc88

My hope is that we sign Dwight Freeney or Patrick Kerney in free agency along with either Nate Clement or Asante Samuel. First Round we should go with Patick Willis but since he won`t be there Reggie Nelson or Robert Meachem. Trade one of our 4rth round picks and move up from 61 and get Justin Harrell since Haynesworth`s future is in doubt and we could always use another DT. #1 priority as always is to get Lamont out of the starting lineup. Our weakest postion is DE opposite KVB, then WR...then FS, then O-line depth.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Source: Reinfeldt Is Front-Runner for GM Position
By Staff Report
Posted January 29th, 2007
www.gotitans.com

Mike Reinfeldt, the Vice President/Football Administration for the Seattle Seahawks, is the front-runner for the vacant General Manager position with the Titans, according to a league source. Reinfeldt interviewed with the Titans last Wednesday. A former player with the Houston Oilers, Reinfeldt is also experienced with salary cap and contract negotiation issues. The Titans will interview Jacksonville's Charles Bailey today, apparently ending the process of initial interviews. Green Bay's Reggie McKenzie, Seattle's Ruston Webster, the NFL's Ron Hill, and the Titans' Rich Snead and Mike Ackerley have already interviewed. Miami's Randy Mueller appears to no longer be a candidate.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:36 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Quote:
Source: Reinfeldt Is Front-Runner for GM Position
By Staff Report
Posted January 29th, 2007
www.gotitans.com

Mike Reinfeldt, the Vice President/Football Administration for the Seattle Seahawks, is the front-runner for the vacant General Manager position with the Titans, according to a league source. Reinfeldt interviewed with the Titans last Wednesday. A former player with the Houston Oilers, Reinfeldt is also experienced with salary cap and contract negotiation issues. The Titans will interview Jacksonville's Charles Bailey today, apparently ending the process of initial interviews. Green Bay's Reggie McKenzie, Seattle's Ruston Webster, the NFL's Ron Hill, and the Titans' Rich Snead and Mike Ackerley have already interviewed. Miami's Randy Mueller appears to no longer be a candidate.
I like the move, he has done a get job with the Hawks, hope he get the Job.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:39 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Sig 8) :D

Old 01-30-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Titansfan #53
Rookie

Titansfan #53 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Nice
Titansfan #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
New Sig 8) :D
It's so beautiful.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I've had a few new sigs, but I always end up coming back to my first one. It's like my identity.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SO DO WE HAVE A CHANCE TO GET DONTE STALLWORTH?

Old 01-30-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't know. I would think that Philly wants to re-sign him, but I haven't heard anything about them getting together to negotiate a new contract. I think if they allow him to test the FA market, we may have a chance.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
I don't know. I would think that Philly wants to re-sign him, but I haven't heard anything about them getting together to negotiate a new contract. I think if they allow him to test the FA market, we may have a chance.
That would be a nice pick up to go with Brandon and Givens.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...after Carriker's big week at the Senior Bowl, do you think he'll still be available at the Titans' #19 pick???

Right now, my wish list for the Titans' first pick is:
1. Adam Carriker
2. Dwayne Jarrett or Dwayne Bowe (whomever falls to us)
3. Patrick Willis

This draft is shaping up be a pretty deep one--especially through the first day...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Salami

I hope the Titans draft Mansfield Wrotto from Georgia Tech and Ramonce Taylor formerly from Texas. Those guys have potential to be awesome players at the next level. I believe they will be around late day 2 and would love for the Titans to use 5th, 6th, or 7th round picks on these guys.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

For some reason i don't like carriker

Old 01-31-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

Is he a pass rusher?

Old 01-31-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843
Is he a pass rusher?
I think he's supposed to be an OK pass-rusher; but his strength is against the run, which I believe would make him an excellent compliment to KVB.

Carriker's not a great pass-rusher, but LaBoy's pretty good at that role (he's just misused in his current role) and KVB is obviously a good at getting at the QB.

I think a starting DL of KVB, Haynesworth, Robaire, & Carriker would be pretty solid--especially with LaBoy & R. Long (our best interior pass-rusher) coming in on passing downs.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It might snow here in Nashville! Anybody else live around here?

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
I live in West TN and it's been snowing most of the afternoon - slowly though. I think it's supposed to keep snowing through the night too :D :D
Old 01-31-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Schools out Thrusday and Friday for me already(Sickness). nice Avatar pitbull

Also anyone want to run this with me???
http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/v...=asc&sta rt=0

Old 02-01-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I live in Chatt and we got about 4 inches last night

morning classes were cancelled which means no 8 o'clock lab :D

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10
Quote:
I live in Chatt and we got about 4 inches last night

morning classes were cancelled which means no 8 o'clock lab :D
My classes got cancelled too. I had a world lit test, now I get to put it off until next Tuesday :D