Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-14-2006, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yea, we also signed former Texans OT Seth Wand. Givens was placed on IR, so he's taking his roster spot. Incase you hadn't heard, we're doing this because backup OT Daniel Loper lacerated his spleen in the Jax game so we need another body.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:10 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Not sure, but I'd put BJones starting on the outside, and leave Wade in the slot, I like him there.
Did Jones play this week against the Ravens??

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:10 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh yea, we also signed former Texans OT Seth Wand. Givens was placed on IR, so he's taking his roster spot. Incase you hadn't heard, we're doing this because backup OT Daniel Loper lacerated his spleen in the Jax game so we need another body.
No comment

Old 11-15-2006, 01:41 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
Not sure, but I'd put BJones starting on the outside, and leave Wade in the slot, I like him there.
Did Jones play this week against the Ravens??
yeh he dropped something lol
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finnegan is starting to become one of my favorite players on the team. He's looking like a nice lil gem in the 7th round. Definately not on the level of a Marques Colston, but a lot more than you should expect from a 7th rounder from an unknown college.

I said it in preseason after I first saw him play, I thought his skill set and playing style was perfect for the nickel db. He's a safety/cb mix, he might be the fastest guy on the team, and is physical, fiesty, and a great tackler despite his size. That's the kind of guy you want on the inside in the nickel because of the different responsibilities they have. We use our nickle db to blitz, plus he has more responsibilities in run fits, and has to be physical enough to tackle RB's and TE's, and Finnegan can do that because of his aggressiveness.

He was on the Jeff Fisher show yesterday, and said the guy he looks up to most on the team is KVB because of his work ethic and because he goes all out on every play, and that's how he wants to be. We need more guys like that. Anyway, I just thought I'd give him a little love since he's been getting no talk around here.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Also forgot to mention that he's a fantastic gunner/ST player because of his great speed. He's downed multiple punts in opponents territory this year, as well as making alot of ST tackles.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:18 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

UT & Vandy, can't wait, Also my boy leads the nation in Yards. 8)

Old 11-15-2006, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Meachem is only 76 yards behind him, and has played in 1 less game, so if he hits his average of 105 yards per game, he'd be ahead :P

It's good though, I love Earl, he's amazing.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:34 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Meachem is only 76 yards behind him, and has played in 1 less game, so if he hits his average of 105 yards per game, he'd be ahead :P

It's good though, I love Earl, he's amazing.
You going to the game??

Old 11-15-2006, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Nope, I'll be stuck watching the game on TV. :?

You goin?
Old 11-15-2006, 10:38 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:

You goin?
Yeah

Old 11-15-2006, 10:52 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Fisher was fined $12,500 i see

Old 11-15-2006, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah I saw that, lol.

I'm glad he spoke up about it, though. Cause that call was BS.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

You goin?
Yeah
I'll be there 2, 5th row on the UT sideline.

Dont know who to root for, im a UT student and a Vandy fan since I was born.

I think I want Vandy to go back to back :D

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:00 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so guys
albert haynesworth? whens he back
do u reckon we will win another game this season?
who do u want to take in the draft?
do you reckon we can get a .500 record next year?
when will schwartz be killed?
Old 11-16-2006, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
so guys
albert haynesworth? whens he back
do u reckon we will win another game this season?
who do u want to take in the draft?
do you reckon we can get a .500 record next year?
when will schwartz be killed?
1. Albert should play this week, he'll be worked back in a rotation.

2. I think we'll win 1-2 more games and finish 3-13 or 4-12. I'm leaning toward 2 more wins and being 4-12.

3. Calvin Johnson in the 1st, and a player in the secondary in the 2nd (FS or CB)

4. Too many variables to say right now, we have $41 Mill in cap room, so I expect alot of changes, we also don't know who the coaching staff will be, and we don't know who the GM will be. We also don't know how fast Vince will progress. I think it's too early to tell.

5. Hopefully it's already in the works
Old 11-16-2006, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Reynaldo has been out of practice with an ankle injury, and Finnegan has been getting reps on the outside. If Rey can't go, looks like Finnegan is the starter. I guess Fish finally saw all he needed to see from Woolfolk in the Jax game . It's kind of a shame too because by all accounts he's a good guy and he works hard, he just doesn't have what it takes.

In hindsight, we could have drafted Rashean Mathis, Nnamdi Asomugha, or Peanut Tillman instead. That's kind of odd because all 3 of those guys, just like Woolfolk are big corners, over 6'1. Oh well.
Old 11-17-2006, 10:19 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
(on if this is an important week of practice for WR Jonathan Orr)

Yes it is, and he’s done a good job. He knows what to do, he can run, he’s a big target and he’s got good hands. Roydell (Williams) has been excused for personal reasons. We expect to have him back tonight. With him missing a couple of practices, if for some reason he can’t get caught up, then we could very well go ahead with Jonathan.

(on how comfortable WR Brandon Jones has looked in the offense over the last few weeks)

He’s done a good job. All of us, the entire group was a little off, I don’t think we were ourselves at Jacksonville. But before that and since that everybody’s stepped up. He’s filled in nicely.

Old 11-17-2006, 07:27 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every so often I see players "excused for personal reasons", usually guys who are trying to prove themselves like Roydell is. I don't really get it, I know things can come up, but this is your livelyhood and so far you've proven very little, and could be running out of time to do so. Doesn't seem like the best time to be skipping practices to me.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:43 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
(on if this is an important week of practice for WR Jonathan Orr)

Yes it is, and he’s done a good job. He knows what to do, he can run, he’s a big target and he’s got good hands. Roydell (Williams) has been excused for personal reasons. We expect to have him back tonight. With him missing a couple of practices, if for some reason he can’t get caught up, then we could very well go ahead with Jonathan.

(on how comfortable WR Brandon Jones has looked in the offense over the last few weeks)

He’s done a good job. All of us, the entire group was a little off, I don’t think we were ourselves at Jacksonville. But before that and since that everybody’s stepped up. He’s filled in nicely.
id like to see orr starting
Old 11-18-2006, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I wouldn't.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Have fun?

Nickson played like crap today. He kept trying to tuck it and run when there was nothing there. We stayed in our lanes pretty good, we usually have alot of trouble with scrambling QB's. Contained Earl pretty good too.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:35 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Have fun?

Nickson played like crap today. He kept trying to tuck it and run when there was nothing there. We stayed in our lanes pretty good, we usually have alot of trouble with scrambling QB's. Contained Earl pretty good too.
No Comment........................... :( :( :( :(

Old 11-18-2006, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

We waived Terna Nande today to make a roster space for Albert. Albert is going to be active tomorrow and he's gonna play. I'd imagine he'd start, and we'll finally have the two starting DT's we've been waiting for all year, Albert and Robaire. Btw, they were our 2 starting DT's in 2003 when we were #1 in rush defense.

I'd imagine we'll put Nande back on practice squad if he clears waivers.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:02 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
We waived Terna Nande today to make a roster space for Albert. Albert is going to be active tomorrow and he's gonna play. I'd imagine he'd start, and we'll finally have the two starting DT's we've been waiting for all year, Albert and Robaire. Btw, they were our 2 starting DT's in 2003 when we were #1 in rush defense.

I'd imagine we'll put Nande back on practice squad if he clears waivers.
:D