Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 12-25-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping WR, TE, and MLB are our first 3 picks.

Anyone know if Erin Henderson from Maryland can play MIKE?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'm hoping WR, TE, and MLB are our first 3 picks.

Anyone know if Erin Henderson from Maryland can play MIKE?
I dont know but my draft is:

1. Mario Mannigham WR

2.Martin Rucker TE

3.Vince Hall (hopefully)

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

My dream day one is like:

1. Mario Manningham, James Hardy, Malcolm Kelly

2. Frank Okam, Fili Moala, Red Bryant

3. Chase Coffman, Martin Rucker, John Carlson

No particular order on those guys, and 3 options for each but obviously I want a WR, DT, and TE for sure. Id also love to get a top corner like asante samuel in FA.

And to answer your question titanhope, i believe henderson is more of an OLB in a 4-3 and an ILB in a 3-4
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
My dream day one is like:

1. Mario Manningham, James Hardy, Malcolm Kelly

2. Frank Okam, Fili Moala, Red Bryant

3. Chase Coffman, Martin Rucker, John Carlson

No particular order on those guys, and 3 options for each but obviously I want a WR, DT, and TE for sure. Id also love to get a top corner like asante samuel in FA.

And to answer your question titanhope, i believe henderson is more of an OLB in a 4-3 and an ILB in a 3-4
I think we need a speedy play maker on our O to take the load off VY .

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
I think we need a speedy play maker on our O to take the load off VY .
Mario manningham will probably run a 4.4, and kelly prob a 4.4 or 4.5, and even though james hardy will probably run a 4.55, i think he is underrated and deceptively quick/fast
Old 12-25-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was wondering if he could play MIKE in Schwartz's scheme. He wouldn't be that undersized at 6'3, 235-ish; He's certainly bigger than Tulloch, and faster than Fowler. Not to mention, he'd have the ability to play on passing downs, or at least wouldn't be a liability in coverage. And if worst came to worst, he could play OLB if Bullock or Thornton went down. His brother E.J. Henderson plays MLB for the Vikings Cover 2, and I expect Erin to have the same or similar skill set.

My dream draft:

1st RD: 1) DeSean Jackson, 2) Erin Henderson, 3) BPA

2nd RD: 1) Early Doucet, 2) Harry Douglas, 3) BPA

3rd RD: 1) Martin Rucker, 2) BPA

BPA really depends on who's available.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-26-2007, 04:02 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Also, Eric King is out for the rest of the season with a broked arm.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

I was reading old papers and articles i had on my old computer that were bookmarked and figured you guys would enjoy it. It's on fat al and to me his college career pretty much mirrors his nfl career.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...26/ai_83450466

It basically shows how he had limitless potential and needed a kick in the pants/motivation to get past all the outbursts etc. to mature into the player he really can be.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

IDK if this has been mentioned yet but jim schwartz is a candidate for the atlanta falcons job and norm chow is a candidate for the hawaii job. I kinda hope they both leave to be honest.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
hitstreak13
Rookie

hitstreak13 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I noticed many of you prefer Early Doucet, but why isnt Limas Sweed being mentioned here? I think he will fall to the 2nd round and we should snatch him. The guy isnt by no means the fastest guy, but he is a red zone beast and should give Vince Young an extra weapon in the red zone.
hitstreak13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Out of the seniors I would rather have Bowman. Like you said, sweed is not fast and thats what our offense needs right now. I fully expect us to resign justin gage and draft a big TE which will be pretty good for the redzone, but we need speed that can get YAC and create TDs on their own.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisher has vowed to fix the offense this offseason. That's what I like to hear. His words were something like "we need more players that can account for touchdowns". Mentioned getting gamebreakers. I'm pretty anxious to see what type of players he envisions for the offense. I think Chow will have a pretty big say in things
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
hitstreak13
Rookie

hitstreak13 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Do you think Fred Davis would be a good fit? I know he may have issues with his blocking, but i think he is the fastest, most athletic TE in this draft. I just wouldnt like a John Carlson type player. Finley may be good, but him being only a rs soph, he hasnt gained my trust. I just think Davis' speed will compliment Vince Young on the roll outs.

You are right about what you said about Sweed. I think Bowman may be the gamebreaker we're looking for. And yes, they should def. resign justin gage. He surprised many this season. 45 out of his 55 rec. were for either a first down or a touchdown (2). That is clutch right there.

Last edited by hitstreak13 : 01-08-2008 at 02:07 PM.
hitstreak13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13 View Post
Do you think Fred Davis would be a good fit? I know he may have issues with his blocking, but i think he is the fastest, most athletic TE in this draft. I just wouldnt like a John Carlson type player. Finley may be good, but him being only a rs soph, he hasnt gained my trust. I just think Davis' speed will compliment Vince Young on the roll outs.
The running game is a vital part of the Titans offense so I think they would value an all-purpose TE a bit more and acquire a gamebreaking receiver early on as well.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Fisher has vowed to fix the offense this offseason. That's what I like to hear. His words were something like "we need more players that can account for touchdowns". Mentioned getting gamebreakers. I'm pretty anxious to see what type of players he envisions for the offense. I think Chow will have a pretty big say in things
I read that same article. I really cant wait for Free Agency now.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I know the sound of another receiving TE from Florida isn't too appealing after Troupe, but I really like Cornelius Ingram. He came to Florida as a QB, but switched to TE. He has the wingspan of a pterodactyl, and is a playmaker at the TE position. He's a great redzone threat. Now, I don't think he's the typical TE we want. He's 6-4, 230 according to Yahoo, so he doesn't have the bulk you look for in a TE. But, he is still learning the position and has tremendous potential. I doubt his blocking is good, but it depends on if we're looking for a receiving TE to replace Troupe or a full time TE to start over Scaife. If we're looking for a receiving TE, I think Ingram could be a playmaker for us. He could be the most athletic TE in the Draft.

Pittsburgh runs a lot of Power I formations in the redzone. 5 OL, 3 TE/2 TE & 1 WR (Hines Ward blocks so well, he can play in the Power I), 1 RB, 1 FB, and the QB. They have Heath Miller, 6-5, and Matt Spaeth, 6-7, who can either block for the backs or be big redzone targets. We're a power run team like Pittsburgh, but don't have the personnel to run that type of formation. If we could draft a huge TE, like Cottom or Bennett, that would help us. Then, TE's like Carlson, Finley, or Rucker would be good additions too who can work between the 20's and in the redzone. I would not be upset at all if we draft two TE's this year.

In the end, we need a WR who can help us between the 20's, and some TE's who can help us finish drives and convert 3rd downs. Kelly, Rucker, and Cottom would be ideal.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Kelly, Rucker, and Cottom would be ideal.
Man if we got them, and maybe one more receiver some where along the way, whether in the draft or FA, I would be pretty happy.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Mawae has recently stated in a radio interview that he questions Vince Young's progression, and stated that there are no players willing to step up to Young and tell him that he's wrong, which leads to many of the offensive mishaps. Young is still, well young, so he doesn't know how to handle situations. He'll audible into bad plays, make bad reads, or make some other mistake, and no one confronts him for doing so. When Steve McNair did that, he had Eddie and Wychek to correct him. Mawae says that Michael Roos is the smartest player on offense, but doesn't get on Young.

No link, but here's the OP on TitansOnline who I read this from:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFMac70
On the Wake Up Zone in Nashville, Kevin Mawae appeared Monday morning with Mark Howard, Kevin Ingram and Frank Wycheck. I heard the interview replayed by George Plaster in the afternoon, whose reaction was "Simply, wow."

Mawae was very outspoken, as usual, but in these comments noted that muc of the Titans problems on offense centered on Young's lack of progression to develop as a thinker in the huddle and also seems to very seriously question his grasp of an NFL offense.

Mawae noted that Vince wants to win more than anyone on the team, but that he believed that he could do it on ability alone and that in this league, the talent gap is closed by the thinkers of the game and the intelligence of the players.

Mawae said that Young often called the wrong plays with the wrong formations, or when he did call the wrong play and caught it, he was confused as to what to do and didn't call timeout, resulting in a busted play. Mawae said he also questioned the fact that the Titans had so many young players in the huddle that rarely did one of them step up and correct a wrong play call (as Wycheck noted that Eddie and he used to do that to Steve when he messed up).

Mawae called Roos the smartest player on offense, but said Roos is going to have to learn to be more vocal and speak up when something's not right.

He also complimented Vince and said between the second and third year, he will drastically improve. Mawae then reiterated that Vince has to progress as a leader for this team to go to the next level. He stopped short of calling him a pouter...but there were tendencies toward it.

Mawae ended by saying the Titans have to "significantly improve" the weapons around Young and that the lack of weapons seriously hampered the offense, especially when injuries showed up.

On the Sports Zone in the afternoon, Matt Mauck disagreed with Mawae and said that other players need to shut up in the huddle and trust the quarterback to lead the team.

I apologize for not having direct quotes, but this was a lengthy and very eye-opening interview. This is the best I could give a synopsis.

Like Plaster, I came away saying "wow."

Mawae has always has a tendency to be outspoken, but either Kevin was baited by the coach to make these comments to get Vince's attention, or he simply should have kept it behind closed doors.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 01-09-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

I can agree with Mawae's statement. It seems like at least 2 to 3 times a game, Vince and the receivers are not on the same page. The receiver will break off routes and vince will throw deep, or vice versa.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

The problem I have with Mawae's comments is...Why is Mawae not doing anything? If Vince is making a mistake, then why isn't Mawae standing up to him. He's the veteran. It seems odd, though it may be true.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Thats very true. Wheres benji olsen as well? Also, is david givens gonna be able to come back this season?
Old 01-10-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I doubt Givens is on the roster in '08... They'll probably reach an injury settlement with him. Very unfortunate for him...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Pacman Jones is in the news again. Apparently some woman in Atlanta is accusing him of hitting her at a strip club. If this is true pacman MUST go. Saw the article on ESPN.com
Old 01-15-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

This incident just seems shady to me. I know PacMan is stupid, but attacking another person in a strip club? I have more faith in humanity to believe he'd just do that like that. Then, a lawyer is accusing him of this. Could she just be going after easy money? I'm assuming she'd be filing another suit and sue him.

Meh, if it is true, which at this point I unfortunately find a lawyer more trustworthy than PacMan, then Pac's gone. At least this draft is deep at CB...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Mr. Handz 12

Check it out, Chow is out.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3197683