Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-26-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Givens expected to be released.

They'll probably reach an injury settlement. I wish the best for Givens, though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
sweet, love that guy, i knew hed deliberatly run a poor 40

how did okam workout?
I thought Okam looked like crap. He put up good bench press numbers though. 32 reps I think. But he looked fat and sloppy to me. He weighed in about a doughnut short of 350 and had a huge gut.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:17 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I thought Okam looked like crap. He put up good bench press numbers though. 32 reps I think. But he looked fat and sloppy to me. He weighed in about a doughnut short of 350 and had a huge gut.
i really wish hed stop being a texas Dt and get his head on straight, he could be a total beast, lazy bastard
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

What is it about Texas DT's with potential that slack, and underachieve?
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really dno, it pisses me off lol

i have us taking devin thomas in my new mock and i have desean jackson falling out of the first round, i think his TINY weigh in does hurt him alot in terms of durability

id rather us have a bigger target for young as oppose to an ant
Old 02-27-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

IDK about Devin Thomas. He's a one year wonder, and his vert wasnt very good. :/
Old 02-27-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans re-sign Justin Gage to a mulit-year extension.

Good news. Gage was our best receiver last year, and he earned the extension.

Also, Kevin Carter was released by the Bucs today. It would be crazy if we signed Carter and Kearse. ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Titans re-sign Justin Gage to a mulit-year extension.

Good news. Gage was our best receiver last year, and he earned the extension.

Also, Kevin Carter was released by the Bucs today. It would be crazy if we signed Carter and Kearse. ;)
Id be OK with signing them, as long as theyre backups.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Gage was given a 4-year/$14 million dollar contract with $6.5 million guaranteed. It may be generous for Gage, but I'm glad we locked him up. I just hope re-signing Gage doesn't deter the FO from pursuing other FA's, and likewise, that it doesn't deter FA WR's from looking at Tennessee.

As for Carter, he had 73 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 FF, and 1 FR last season. Not to mention, the dude has never, ever missed a game in his career. He'd be more than just a good backup. I could see him wanting to end his career with the Titans. I still wish we'd re-sign Odom though. DE's take time to develope, and Odom has come into his own. Plus, he hasn't even reached his ceiling. It's fool hardy to think we can replace him easily.

Just a matter of time until we sign Crumpler...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-27-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Gage was given a 4-year/$14 million dollar contract with $6.5 million guaranteed. It may be generous for Gage, but I'm glad we locked him up. I just hope re-signing Gage doesn't deter the FO from pursuing other FA's, and likewise, that it doesn't deter FA WR's from looking at Tennessee.

As for Carter, he had 73 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 FF, and 1 FR last season. Not to mention, the dude has never, ever missed a game in his career. He'd be more than just a good backup. I could see him wanting to end his career with the Titans. I still wish we'd re-sign Odom though. DE's take time to develope, and Odom has come into his own. Plus, he hasn't even reached his ceiling. It's fool hardy to think we can replace him easily.

Just a matter of time until we sign Crumpler...
Is this just a hunch, or is this from some source?
Old 02-28-2008, 03:37 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

yeh, are you like...alge crumpler or something
Old 02-28-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Just assumption by deduction. Crumpler has made multiple visits with the Titans, including a visit on the 27th I believe, and the only other team that's pursuing him as heavily as we are is the Bucs. I think Crumpler is a perfect fit, and his coming here makes too much sense.

I could be wrong, as I have no source and no awareness that I am indeed Alge Crumpler, but if I was a betting man, I'd be bettin' the house. :)

Oh, and apparently Mike Reinfeldt has said on record that Crumpler should be signed by the end of the week. Can't find the link, though...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-28-2008 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** basically come tomorrow both odom and laboy become FA's we dont seem to have made an effort with either player and i am fuckng dissapointed we didnt, if we lose odom i will hold a vendetta against us forever
Old 02-28-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by per The Tennessean
The Titans will meet with free agent Alge Crumpler by the end of the week.

GM Mike Reinfeldt said at the Combine that he thinks he'll get Crumpler signed before free agency opens on Friday. The Titans have emerged as the favorites to get Crumpler, though the Bucs and Bills can't be counted out.
Link That should give you the exact page, but if not, it was reported on Feb. 25th at 9:17 AM, so to find the card, you'll have to go page flippin'.

Sucks to see Odom hit the market. But it woulb be great to get Kearse back, IMO. And maybe Carter too, as long as we bring in some young blood too.

Also, we tendered our RFA's.

-David Stewart: 1st RD, $2.017 million
-Rob Bironas: 2nd RD, $1.47 million
-Bo Scaife: 2nd RD, $1.47 million
-Reynaldo Hill, Vincent Fuller, Daniel Loper, and Casey Cramer were all given the lowest possible tenders too.

I'd hope no one goes after Big Rob or Big Country, but I doubt they'll give up the picks to go after them. And in other news, Marion Barber III was tendered at a 1st and a 3rd, so we'll see whether that rumor is true or not...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-28-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

If odom hits the market, I dont expect him to be on it for too long.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

BTW, It's been a year to the day since I signed up at NFLDC. Its been a good year. You guys are my boys, hopefully I'll be here for years to come.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

its been sweet having you around, we have established a pretty regular crew in here
me
you
titan hope
pitbull
smitty
sorry if im missing any one else out, but im mentioning the more regular posters
Old 02-28-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Hehe. I joined only two months before you cashmoney, and for me, the past 14 months have flown by. And ole stephenson is the wiley vet of our group. It seems we three are the most active, and our crew is what keeps the Titans Forum active and runnin'. It's nice to get input from posters like OzTitan, Bobo, and others who travel from TitansCentral to here. Haven't seen my fellow Chattanoogan Titans10 in a while, and I think good ole Ewing got banned after making a thread to mock the Pats after they lost the Super Bowl. It sure would be nice if the all mighty Team Leaders would stop in a bit more frequently. They should post more with Free Agency starting in... 2 MINUTES!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Yea havent seen much of pitbull lately, and the only reason ive seen smitty lately is bacause he came in to gloat about vandy beating UT. :)
Old 02-29-2008, 03:07 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

three muskateers any one lol

FA has started ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 02-29-2008, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah titanshope havent been around in a while. My computer in my room is broken so I dont get around here as much as i like. the only time i get on is once every few weeks when im at school.

Am I the only one that thinks that signing crumpler will be a waste of money? Do y'all really think he will be that much better than scaife when he seems to have had some knee problems?

I really hope we get either Goff or Bennett in the draft. Just wondering, what were both of there 40 times at the combine?

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Bigbluegiant

Let me throw a name out there. Simeon Rice, it dosnt seem like anyone wants him anymore and would be a solid backup for Vanden Bosch. plus adding Kearse and Carter would be awsome dream starters and backups with very little drop off when the starter went out for a play. cant seem to gett better than that and add some young guys to learn from the vets would be ok im my book.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Earl Bennett ran a 4.48, and I think Goff ran a 4.68
Old 02-29-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

It seems that Crumpler is in Seattle and will likely be staying there. This signals one of two things to me. Either Reinfeldt totally dropped the ball on this, as the recent meeting were with Crumpler and his wife and not just Crumpler and his agent, or Crumpler was asking for more that he's worth/his physical and health bothered the FO too much. I think Eric Johnson, TE, would be a good under the radar signing.

It seems like we'll be taking the "Wait 'n See" approach once again. I know Reinfeldt is a Cap Guru, but we can't wait and just sign the great "bang for our buck" type of players while the rest of the teams in the division are making significant signings to upgrade their team. We can't replace guys with players of lesser talent either, and expect to be more that the team who over-acheived.

I grew up with 3 sisters, and have had a girlfriend for over a year and a half, so trust me; I am a patient man. But for Reinfeldt to win over the Titans fans, we need to have a successful offseason. Both in FA and in the Draft.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 02-29-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

LOL at the dolphins fans thinking that 7 million dollars guaranteed to starks is a good signing.