Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 02-29-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

It seems like reinfeldt is gonna take the wait and see approach again.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:07 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want us to chase marion barber and randy moss so bad
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Id be happy if we just got Bell and Odom back.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was astounded at Starks' contract with the 'Phins too. Starks owes his agent a raise.

Not surprised that we haven't gone after anyone, but I am kind of surprised that Odom and Bell haven't signed with anyone.That kind of leads me to believe that the Titans are very much in the picture when it comes re-signing them. I hope around 5 yr/$25 mil./$10 mil. guaranteed for Odom. No clue for Bell, as he's more expendable than Odom.

Looks like the FA WR's are dropping. Jerry Porter, Donte' Stallworth, and Bernard Berrian are all off the boards. I guess Randy Moss, Javon Walker, Bryant Johnson, and D.J. Hackett are the last of the big ones. Maybe Jabar Gaffney too. Glad we re-signed Gage early. Berrian should set the bar for WR contracts, and I'm glad we didn't overpay for him.

If we want a #1 guy, then it seems Javon Walker and Moss are the guys to get. If we want potential, then Hackett and Johnson are the guys. David Patten and Jabar Gaffeny would be great slot guys. Jerome Mathis is a great returner too. There's still a lot of guys left who can contribute.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 03-01-2008 at 05:59 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

IDK if I want Javon Walker with all of his health issues.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:01 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

any chance the titans look at Bobby McCray?
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think McCray is a possibility, though I'd prefer to re-sign Odom first and fore most. Reinfeldt has said that he dislikes the FA's this year, and will not overpay like the rest of the teams are doing. If McCray is asking top dollar, then likely no.

And with the Reinfeldt comment said, I bet we take out crack at a #1 WR with the Draft. Plus, look at the bright side of all of these epic signings. It just means that the teams ahead of us will not draft players at those positiongs. No WR for the Vikes in the 1st RD. No CB for the Eagles or Detroit. No DT's for the NY Jets, Bills, or Browns either, and likely not one for the Dolphins at #1 Ovr. No MLB for the Saints. No OG for Seattle. Over paying by other teams in FA means that the other teams will blow their money, other teams will not be in the positiong to draft good players because of the huge money invested in vets, and thus players will fall in the Draft due to that. Only setback of course is inflation.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

glad to see we arent blowing the bank for people other teams DONT WANT, nor think are worth paying the money for, IMO if you build your team through FA then ur an idiot because your either bringing in cast offs or players who you will overpay, if you wait and pick up under the radar guys who never had a chance or who were never healthy (vanden bosch) then you can pay less but get good guys
Old 03-02-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
if you wait and pick up under the radar guys who never had a chance or who were never healthy (vanden bosch) then you can pay less but get good guys
ie. D.J. Hackett!!!

In only 6 regular season games, Hackett recorded 32 rec., 384 YDs, 64.0 YPG, 12.0 AVG, 59 Long, 4.8 YAC, 16 1stD, 3 TD, and no fumbles. Then in the 2 Playoff games, he got 8 rec., 116 YDs, 58.0 YPG, 14.5 AVG, 1 TD, and again, 0 fumbles.

If he plays, lets say, just 13 games, these are his stats: 69 rec., 828 YDs, approx. 64.0 YPG, 12.0 AVG, and approx. 6 TD's.

If he plays, lets say, and entire 16 game season, his stats go: 85 rec., 1,020 YDs, approx. 64.0 YPG, 12.0 AVG, and approx. 8 TD's. Those numbers in our offense are by a #1 receiver.

But of course, if "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts...well, Vince Young would probably just overthrow him. ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

DJ Hackett for President!
Old 03-02-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you guys tell me a little bit about Antwan Odom , the Cardinals are having him in for a visit Tuesday.

Do you think he can play standing up in the 3-4?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could Tennessee please make a big splash in FA?

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

I dont think Odom is suited to play outside LB in a 3-4. He's definitely gonna get paid more than he should but if he doesnt have to carry a pass rush by himself, then he can definitely contribute. His 8 sacks this year should be about his average if he's stays healthy. He's an OK runstopper.
Old 03-02-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i doubt the Cardinals will pay him more than what he is worth because we don't have that kind of money, i don't see how he fits in our system but i guess we will find out

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

we i want bryant johnson (sure thats his name from the cardinals) also, i cant believe we are letting odom shop around
Old 03-02-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

apparently eugene wilson is visting with us, why??????

unless hope isnt ready for next season, we dont need a safety, we have good depth and griffin should not be moved back to corner, i really dont get this move
Old 03-02-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

i really want us to go after lito sheppard
Old 03-02-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

I think Eugene Wilson can play corner which is probably why we would be interested in him, plus his versatility. I can't believe some fans in the NFL forum are excited not only about Starks to the Dolphins, but I actually saw some people that are excited to have Ben Troupe in for a visit. I'm confused.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

lol they are vboth BIG BUSTS althought itd be nice to see them revitalise their career, starks will be playing 3-4 end i think

any way

WE GOT CRUMPLER WOOOOOOOO

think he is going to be an AWESOME signing, he isnt a tall guy but he is fast and big, makes big plays and has solid hands, he wil be vinces new favorite target in no time
Old 03-02-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats going on guys? I know I haven't been on the board in a very long time. Schoolwork, and spending time with my girlfriend and friends, and trying to make a little money all took more and more of my time, so I really haven't been able to get on. But hey, I'm extremely happy about our recent signing of Alge Crumpler. Low risk, high reward type deal, who makes sense in this offense. Supposedly he favored Tennessee because Young reminds him of Vick and Crumpler was his go to target when he scrambled out of the pocket. Reminds me of the KVB signing, just low risk with the potential to be much better. If he performs well this season, who knows. Probably restructure his deal to keep him for longer. This now takes TE off the draft board needs. Still think WR and OG is a need, with MLB being a need as well. I really had hoped we had gone after Johnathan Vilma, as it would have cost us probably a mid round pick, but oh well. DT might also be a need, but any chance that Glenn Dorsey falls to us LOL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Glad to see ya back, NYtitan!

There's a rumor on TitansOnline that D.J. Hackett not only visited Baptist Sports Park about 2-3 weeks ago, before FA began, but that he has also been in town for about 2 weeks. Rumor has it that we timed him at sub-4.35 40; the OP stated 4.31 40. He also said that Hackett benched 300 lbs., but that sounds too incredible to be true. Anyway, he's considered a lock, and that was before Bryant Johnson apparently signed with the Bills (Sorry Stephon!).

Anyway, just a fun rumor! :)

Oh, and as for Odom fenikz, the guy is a monster athletically. He could play 3-4 DE, as he's around 6'5, 280. If Chris Long is considered to be able to play 3-4 DE, then Odom certainly can. As for OLB, he could, but I don't think that it'd be to his strength. I'd say he'd play DE, as there's more OLB prospects in the Draft than DE prospects.

I hope we re-sign him though! :(

As for Eugene Wilson, the dude would be great depth. He meets with the Bucs first, so I'd assume they're the favorites for him after missing out on Asante Samuel. Anyway, Wilson can play every DB position. I thought Hope was recovering nicely, but you never know. And they may still want Griffin at CB. Plus, you can never have enough depth!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:13 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

God I hope we never move Griffin from FS. Id like to see us try and go after Dewayne Robertson for a midround pick.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:09 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

I wouldnt mind DJ hacket and dewayne robertson
Old 03-03-2008, 07:27 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Robertson should be traded to the Bengals for a 4th and 5th RD pick.

It's funny that Reinfeldt said that the talent in FA sucks, so we'll look towards trades in order to get better players. Yet, trade after trade happens and not one is by the Titans.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:01 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

rein is a douche