Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-13-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Kevin Jones being cut?

Do you TEN could do something with him?

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
What about Kevin Jones being cut?

Do you TEN could do something with him?
KJ certainly is talented, and he'd probably be a nice complement to Lendale's running style, especially catching passes out of the backfield.

However, he's oft-injured (and serious injuries at that...Lisfranc & ACL) and his price-tag would likely be too high for an oft-injured backup RB. Plus, he doesn't add anything in the return game, which could be a useful skill for our backup RB.

I'd rather pass, I think. But that's just my $.02...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
KJ certainly is talented, and he'd probably be a nice complement to Lendale's running style, especially catching passes out of the backfield.

However, he's oft-injured (and serious injuries at that...Lisfranc & ACL) and his price-tag would likely be too high for an oft-injured backup RB. Plus, he doesn't add anything in the return game, which could be a useful skill for our backup RB.

I'd rather pass, I think. But that's just my $.02...
I agree whole-heartedly.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:42 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if he coems cheaply i want him
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see us targeting a big name RB in FA or the Draft this year, and I don't think Jones is a target for our FO. And to be frank, I don't know much about him. Just that he's a great talent when healthy, but he's hardly ever healthy. I don't think he'd cost that much though, due to his injury history. No matter though. Reinfeldt too frugal for this.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
iKNOW

kevin jones will go to a place where he gets the lions share of carries. he was b**ching a lot when he had to share with bell. plus he cant seem to stay healthy. the guy is talented though in the right offense. for the right price i'd sign him but they gotta manage his expectations else he be a cancer in the locker room.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Jones would get broken in half in our running game. That's why we have LenDale who is twice the girth of Jones! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Im all about drafting a 3rd down/scat back.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnsonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Please

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

When was the last time we actually had a RB who's only role was a scat back? I mean honestly? I know LenDale gets taken out on 3rd and long, but thats because we need a guy with speed; not a shifty scat-back who can catch and has the speed to make 1st down after a draw.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Bigbluegiant

the 49ers just released Darrell Jackson after signing Bryant Johnson. what would you guys think about Jackson in our offence.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

I don't really think we should look at D-JAX. We just signed Mccareins and we'll draft at least one WR if not two, so there's already gonna be a logjam at WR.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to reports, we signed TE Dwayne Blakely (FALCONS) earlier today. Blakely was on the Titans practice-squad a few seasons ago and showed some promise. Apparently, he's a a good-size target that can run and make some things happen in the passing game. I'm interested to see if he contributes next season (either on special teams or on offense).

Also...in related news...DJ Hackett signed with the Carolina Panthers. Hackett was one of the top FA WRs available this offseason (along with Bryant Johnson who signed with the 49ers, Bernard Berrian who signed with the Vikings, and Donte Stallworth who signed with the Browns). We'll have to see if there are any decent WRs available after June 1st cuts; however, right now, it looks like the Titans lost out on the WR-market this offseason (since I don't really consider Justin McCareins as a significant signing).

Also...Colts' DE Josh Thomas, who had visited with the Titans, re-signed with the Colts for a one-year deal.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Tough break on missing out on Hackett. Especially since it only took 2 years and 3.5 million to get him under contract.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Olson retirement is official now. Everyone knew that was coming anyway.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Olson retirement is official now. Everyone knew that was coming anyway.
Olson was a solid guard when healthy. But I think with the addition of Jake Scott we won't miss a beat.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't been on in awhile, but looking at all the WR on roster and the fact that we will draft atleast one more more, who do you think will get cut on june 1st???

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
Haven't been on in awhile, but looking at all the WR on roster and the fact that we will draft atleast one more more, who do you think will get cut on june 1st???
Assuming that we only draft one WR, our core looks like this:

Chris Davis
Biren Ealy
Justin Gage
Brandon Jones
Justin McCareins
Mike Williams
Paul Williams
Roydell Williams
ROOKIE

I think Chris Davis is safe because he can return punts. I think both Biren Ealy and Paul Williams are safe, as they are seen as developmental projects. I think Justin Gage and Roydell Williams are safe, as they were our best WRs last season; and I think Justin McCareins is safe because we just signed him and he knows Heimerdinger's offense better than any of the other WRs. Obviously, I think our rookie makes the final roster, as he'll probably be a relatively high pick.

That leaves Brandon Jones and Mike Williams. Neither have done much for us in the receiving department, and neither return punts/kicks. So...I think both will probably be cut at some point.

Just my $.02...
Old 04-12-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

We signed Chris Carr to a tender, and the Radiers never matched it. So we now have a proven PR/KR, and Fisher has stated that Carr will be delegated to those duties.

So, returning abilities won't protect Chris Davis...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:17 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope davis goes, never liked him
Old 04-20-2008, 06:45 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Apparently Mike Williams is losing weight too, so hopefully he can win a spot. The dude has the potential.

I think Chris Davis and Biren Ealy have the best chances to be cut, along with BMW if he can't prove to Fish that he's worth his patience. Davis isn't the slot WR or returner we thought he was, and unfortunately for him is expendable. We have no investment in Ealy, unlike a few of our other WR's, and right now Ealy is still enough of an unknown that he could slip through waivers and be signed to PS.

But, it's a long time til August...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:09 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

but its not long till saturday =/
Old 04-22-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, hows it been? I haven't posted in a really long time, and this is one of my favorite times of the year. I've just been busy with schoolwork and taking care of other things. Its been quite an interesting time for the Titans, in which it just seems like they are signing low key guys, who may prove to be high reward. Maybe I'm one of the only Titans fans, but I really really want Chad Johnson. Sure he is a space cadet and a primadonna, but the man plays hard when given the motivation. Trading a first rounder for him would be well worth it because now we would have our first legitimate #1 WR since Derek Mason.

On another note, Pacman is a complete idiot. Basically its like he is trying to kill his trade value with this new revelations of extortion money. We could have had him for possibly a 4th rounder from the Cowboys, but I'm sure now they are backing away from that. IDK what we can do with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Great to have ya back, NYtitan!

I agree with you about having Ocho Cinco. I think he gets a bad wrap, and I sympathize with his situation. The franchise was finally looking to be on the upside, but after bringing in players with questionable character, boasting a horrible DEF, and poor decision making by the FO and coaches, the team was set back 2 years. But, the cherry topper was the media placing the blame on Chad's shoulders and singling him out. I don't think he was a cancer like TO, but he got the same treatment cause he was a WR who liked to talk and be the center of attention. After all that, I'd want a change of scenery too. I love watching him play. He's not soft at all. He'll go over the middle, lay full out for a catch, and do whatever it takes to win. His deal is that the Bengals haven't shared that same mentality, or at least they haven't displayed it like he does when he's on the field. It's not about money like TO.

But, the 'Skins offered them a 1st RD pick in '08, and a conditional 3rd RD pick in '09 that could become a 1st RD pick, and were denied. But keep in mind, a 1st RD pick in '09 has the same value as a 2nd RD pick in '08. If we want Chad Johnson, it'll take our 1st and 3rd RD picks in '08 just to be in contention. The 'Skins don't mind shipping off entire drafts for players, but we'd have the advantage in that we have picks this year. The 'Skins only have their 1st RD pick, and then 2nd Day picks. We have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd RD picks this year, and since most teams prefer picks in the closest Draft, as opposed to future Drafts, we'd have the edge even if the values are relatively the same. We could get him, and he'd be worth it. It just depends if Reinfeldt is willing to make it happen.

Though, Chad Johnson, Roy Williams, and Anquan Boldin are all being rumored to be moved. Johnson and Boldin won't be traded unless they're receiving more than they give, and Williams has apparently been on the trading block all season, so who really knows what'll happen? I do know that any of those 3 players are worth a 1st RD pick, if not more.

As for PacMan, blah... I'm just anxious to ship him out. I don't think his trade value has worsened. PacMan was apparently the one who gave up the shooter's name to the authorities, so that means PacMan was paying the guy money so the shooter wouldn't go after him. At first, I thought PacMan was paying him off so the shooter wouldn't give up any information or evidence that would indict PacMan. But if indeed PacMan cooperated with the investigators, then I say his value hasn't worsened. Besides, I bet the NFL, Titans, and Cowboys knew about it already, and since Goodell hasn't laid down the law by hanging PacMan in the gallows of a NFLPA conference room (which apparently does infact exist), I think his chance to being releived from suspension hasn't taken a hit either.

Never-the-less, it's still mighty shady...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

i doubt we will be able to get any one in a trade we never seem to be the team to go all out for just one guy...which isnt always great

im really feeling mayo in the first