Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 05-27-2008, 10:20 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha! uhh.... well. Stupidity mainly. I thought I needed to leave NFLDC so I asked Scott to block my account. Turns out I couldn't stay away for too long.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where are all the Titans fans at?

:(

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandboy843 View Post
Where are all the Titans fans at?

:(
In hibernation until training camp I reckon!
Old 05-29-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
In hibernation until training camp I reckon!

I guess.

Too much people on here hating on the Titans Offense.

Alot of teams won the Superbowl without a good offense.

Tampa Bay,Baltimore, Patriots.

Getting sick and tired of all this bashing on the Titans.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Yeah. Even though we have a lot of picks invested in the DE position I'm still kind of hoping we could inquire about Jason Taylor for the right price.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, around this time last year, most people predicted a Top 5 pick for the Titans. We ended up picking #24. It just shows how much people know at this point, so there's no point in getting worked up over it like TitanAddict and Ewing did last year. Teams prove their worth on the field, and not on paper. Unfortunately, it's easy to forget what teams did last year and focus mainly on the paper teams created after the offseason.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alot of teams won the Superbowl without a good offense.

Tampa Bay,Baltimore, Patriots.

Getting sick and tired of all this bashing on the Titans.
Eh, I thought Tampa and New England had good offenses the years they won the Superbowl. Not great ones, but good at the very least. Baltimore didn't, but they had one of the greatest defenses ever.

If the Titans had one of the best defenses ever, I'm sure people would consider them a Superbowl contender. But they don't.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question-

I noticed Mike Williams was back to playing wieght. Is there any chance in hell he becomes the player he was supposed to be????

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Question-

I noticed Mike Williams was back to playing wieght. Is there any chance in hell he becomes the player he was supposed to be????
Will he ever be worth his high draft status??? Probably not.

But can he be a solid depth WR and a threat in the redzone??? Yeah, maybe. While MW's weight loss has been a pleasant surprise and the coaches have spoken nicely about his offseason, it remains to be seen whether he can keep up his conditioning. Also, it's not just MW's weight that's an issue -- it's his attitude as well (can he be content and a leader?).

If MW makes the team (not a guarantee by any stretch of the imagination), I think he's probably the #4 or #5 WR, which means he'll get playing time in Mike Heimerdinger's multi-WR set offense...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think he could be a fantastic number 2 but he has to work hard, but i think the talent is there and the physical attributes
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Local article on rookie D-Lineman, Jason Jones...

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=60674

From this article, it seems that both Fisher & Washburn ultimately envision Jason Jones as being a full-time DT in the NFL. However, that said, with Jones spending time at both the DE & DT positions this offseason, it also sounds like the coaches will move him around this year, depending on the situation.

I like Jones's versatility; but I'm hoping to see him spend a majority of his playing time at the DE position (at least in 2008).

Personally, I feel OK about our DT situation. Haynesworth's health & happiness remain (as always) big ???. However, if Haynesworth's in the lineup, then I think a rotation of Tony Brown, Antonio Johnson, and Kevin Vickerson can be pretty solid (albeit unspectacular). Honestly, I'm much more worried about our DE position -- where KVB is a beast, but everyone else (Kearse, B. Fisher, Ford, Hayes, Conover) either seems like a backup player or a pass-rusher only.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

So...has anyone got any opinions on what our opening-day roster will look like??? Here's my latest guess:

-QB-
1. Vince Young
2. Kerry Collins
-RB-
1. Lendale White
2. Chris Johnson
3. Chris Henry
-FB-
1. Ahmard Hall
-WR-
1. Justin Gage
2. Justin McCareins
3. Roydell Williams
4. Mike Williams
5. Brandon Jones
6. Biren Ealy
7. Lavelle Hawkins
-TE-
1. Alge Crumpler
2. Bo Scaife
3. Craig Stevens
4. Dwayne Blakely
-OT-
1. Michael Roos
2. David Stewart
3. Daniel Loper (OT/OG)
-OG-
1. Jake Scott
2. Eugene Amano (OG/C)
3. Leroy Harris (OG/C)
-C-
1. Kevin Mawae

Some Notes: I think we'll go 7-deep at WR this season. McCareins will probably start because he's the most familiar with Dinger's offense and because Roydell's still recovering from an injury. WRs #4-#7 are really difficult for me to predict the order. You'll notice that Paul Williams isn't on that list -- I think the team will try to move him to the practice squad and spend another year developing him (assuming no other team picks him up). Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 TEs on our roster, especially because Scaife can serve as both our #2 TE and our #2 FB (in the event that Hall gets injured again). The coaches seem to like Blakely. If he plays well again this preseason, I think they'll do everything they can to keep him on-roster. I don't think we'll carry many O-Lineman on active roster; however, many of them can line up at different spots, so we should be OK.

-DE-
1. Kyle Vanden Bosch
2. Jason Jones (DE/DT)
3. Jevon Kearse
4. William Hayes
5. Bryce Fisher
-DT-
1. Albert Haynesworth
2. Tony Brown
3. Antonio Johnson
4. Kevin Vickerson
-OLB-
1. Keith Bulluck
2. David Thornton
3. Stanford Keglar
4. Josh Stamer
-MLB-
1. Ryan Fowler
2. Stephen Tulloch
-CB-
1. Cortland Finnegan
2. Nick Harper
3. Eric King
4. Reynaldo Hill
5. Chris Carr
6. Cary Williams
-SS-
1. Chris Hope
2. Calvin Lowry
3. Donnie Nickey
-FS-
1. Michael Griffin
2. Vincent Fuller (FS/CB)

Some notes: I think Kearse could be a "starter" on opening day; however, I'm not sure that he's an every-down player anymore. I'd rather have Jones as the starter (on running downs) and bring Kearse/Hayes in to rush the passer. Both Stamer & Nickey make the team based on their contributions to special teams. Fisher's already stated that Fowler, if he's healthy, will be the starter over Tulloch. I think Eric King may be the #3 corner on the depth chart; but Vincent Fuller will be the guy who actually plays the nickel position. I'm very interested on Cary Williams development -- the Titans have had some luck with 7th round picks in recent years (Finnegan, Rey. Hill, Amano) and Williams seems more physically talented than any of them.

-K-
1. Rob Bironas
-P-
1. Craig Hentrich
-LS-
1. Ken Amato
-KR-
1. Chris Johnson
-PR-
1. Chris Carr

Some notes: We went out and signed Chris Carr to handle KR/PR duties. However, if Chris Johnson's healthy, I want him returning kickoffs. His speed on special teams is absolutely amazing.

Practice Squad:
1. QB Ingle Martin
2. RB Omar Cuff
3. WR Paul Williams
4. WR Jason Rivers
5. OT Mike Otto
6. OG/C Fernando Velasco
7. DE Jacob Ford
8. DT Barry Booker

Some notes: With only two QBs on active roster, I think Martin will make the practice squad (in case VY misses time with an injury). Cuff is a player that I really like, from the limited amount of footage that I've seen -- not very big or fast but runs really, really hard. Jason Rivers is an intriguing prospect. Paul Williams may be the biggest stretch here (for various reasons); but the Titans knew that he was a developmental project when they drafted him last season. Otto & Velasco are developmental guys for Munchak to coach-up. Ford could make the active roster; however, I think the Titans will give him one more year to improve before throwing him on the roster -- to make sure that his achilles is, in fact, completely healed. Booker is a productive DT that the Titans seem to really like. Apparently they had him graded as a 5th or 6th round prospect, so I think they'd like to hang onto him.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My depth chart:

QB:
Vince Young
Kerry Collins

RB:
LenDale White
Chris Johnson
Chris Henry

FB:
Ahmard Hall
Casey Cramer

WR:
Justin Gage
Roydell Williams
Justin McCareins
Lavelle Hawkins
Paul Williams
Brandon Jones
Mike Williams

TE:
Alge Crumpler
Bo Scaife
Craig Stevens

OT:
Michael Roos
David Stewart
Daniel Loper

OG:
Jake Scott
Eugene Amano
Leroy Harris

C:
Kevin Mawae
Eugene Amano

DE:
Kyle Vanden Bosch
Jevon Kearse
Jason Jones
William Hayes

DT:
Albert Haynesworth
Tony Brown
Antonio Johnson
Kevin Vickerson

OLB:
Keith Bulluck
David Thornton
Stanford Keglar
Josh Stamer

MLB:
Stephen Tulloch
Ryan Fowler

CB:
Nick Harper
Cortland Finnegan
Reynaldo Hill
Eric King
Chris Carr
Cary Williams

SS:
Chris Hope
Calvin Lowry
Rocky Schwartz

FS:
Michael Griffin
Vincent Fuller

K:
Rob Bironas

P:
Craig Hentrich

KR:
Chris Johnson
Michael Griffin

PR:
Chris Carr
Chris Johnson

LS:
Ken Amato

PS:
QB Ingle Martin
RB Omar Cuff
DT Barry Booker
WR Biren Ealy
OT Mike Otto
OG/C Fernando Velasco
DE Jacob Ford
TE Dwayne Blakely

Thats it for right now, and it'll probably change. I think I still have a spot left, but I'm tired and will fill it in later.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 06-14-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

I gotta put Finnegan over Harper.

What a steal he was.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Harper held down the #1 CB position last year well and he's the vet, so I see him staying put unless there's an injury. But, there's no doubt that it's the position Finny's about to be promoted to after this season.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn this thread is dead...havent been here in a while

interesting article on our receivers

Is perception reality? Not according to the Titans
Kuharsky
By Paul Kuharsky ESPN.com
Updated: June 27, 2008

.....This time of year, positive reviews flow in every locker room.

But the ones from Nick Harper for the receivers actually sound meaningful. The veteran cornerback, who as a Colt worked plenty against Peyton Manning throwing to Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, said Tennessee's revised approach will produce defensive headaches.

"With the route combinations they have on offense, I'm not lying, I haven't seen anything like it," said Harper, who joined the Titans in 2007. "Their route combinations, they've got me baffled right now. I'm still trying to get it down. It's only going to help us as DBs, but it's something you don't see from any team. I've never seen it before and I've been in the league eight years.

"It's going to give some guys fits. I don't think we touched a ball the first week. You were like, OK, he's lining up here, you're expecting to get a certain route, but you weren't getting that route. He was doing something totally different, against the norm. It had everybody scratching their heads. We were wondering, 'Are they lucking up in doing this?' But as the week went on we got to realizing, this is Heimerdinger and what he's teaching these guys." .....
MORE HERE
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/inside...aul&id=3463248

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

Watch last year games i think the TEN will make the playoffs again.

And i now i see why we drafted Chris Johnson in the first round.

We HAVE NO EXPLOSIVENESS on our offense. It is too much ground and pound. We needed more playmakers because our Defense wont have a great season as last year.

Old 07-12-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to see Chris Johnson on the field :)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watch last year games i think the TEN will make the playoffs again.

And i now i see why we drafted Chris Johnson in the first round.

We HAVE NO EXPLOSIVENESS on our offense. It is too much ground and pound. We needed more playmakers because our Defense wont have a great season as last year.
Yep, because if there is any reason to draft a running back, its because you have too much ground and pound.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett
Yep, because if there is any reason to draft a running back, its because you have too much ground and pound.
The commonly held opinion that LenDale White is fat and lazy, along with the reality that he's a power back who can't outrun a DE or break a long gain, directly contradicts your notion - if I'm reading into your sarcasm correctly. The Titans have no RB like Chris Johnson, and there was no RB in FA that held the same skill set that Johnson possesses. The Titans had bigger positional needs and talented and highly invested RB's, but Johnson will be a breath of fresh air that many Titans fans have been gasping for.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, let me get one thing straight here... We have a pro football team now, but they're in Nashville?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does any1 know if DE Dave Ball is doing alright? He's a guy from my hometown that I know and I really hope he can make your guys team. I havent been able to find anything about him so if you guys know, I'd like to know too

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
So, let me get one thing straight here... We have a pro football team now, but they're in Nashville?
Wut the heck?????

Old 08-03-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Does any1 know if DE Dave Ball is doing alright? He's a guy from my hometown that I know and I really hope he can make your guys team. I havent been able to find anything about him so if you guys know, I'd like to know too
Sorry i haven't heard a thing, but there are a few guys on here that have went to tc, maybe they can answer that.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
The commonly held opinion that LenDale White is fat and lazy, along with the reality that he's a power back who can't outrun a DE or break a long gain, directly contradicts your notion - if I'm reading into your sarcasm correctly. The Titans have no RB like Chris Johnson, and there was no RB in FA that held the same skill set that Johnson possesses. The Titans had bigger positional needs and talented and highly invested RB's, but Johnson will be a breath of fresh air that many Titans fans have been gasping for.
My sarcasm was that drafting a running back because you run the ball too much just doesn't make any sense no matter what his skillset is.

As for Chris Johnson skillset, he's supposed to be lightning to LenDale White's thunder. But IIRC, wasn't Chris Henry drafted last year for his size/speed combination?

That makes Chris Johnson the third running back taken early (first two rounds) by the Titans in three years. And as you said, the Titans had bigger positional needs than RB's.