Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-24-2006, 12:03 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Been awhile since you been around aNY

I agree with smitty, I think we will win 1 or 2 more games, and even with tiebreakers will probably be out of the range to pick CJ. I still want us to get Gaines in the 1st.
Schoolwork+Work+Girlfriend=packed schedule

Well I have such a feeling about CJ that trading up for him would be well worth it. I mean just imagine him and Young together on the same side of the ball. It would be an explosove offense. However if we are in top 5 range and he has already been picked and no trade happens, then Gaines Adams is the way to go. Top 10 range:Leon Hall, Ted Ginn Jr, . Below that:Patrick Willis

What about the Ted Ginn Jr. impact? He is a playmaker, but would it be worth the gamble?
No he is too raw IMO. Adams is my #1 choice right no, if CJ isn't there.
What if both Adams and CJ aint there? Leon Hall? Laron Landry? Are both ranked above Teddy Ginn? I have a feeling he is gonna run an amazin combine and have a chance at a low 4.3 speed and at least 40" vertical? Whats ur big board smitty and pitbull? And what about other titans fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:07 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then Landry IMO.
I'll post my Big board tomorrow.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:11 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then Landry IMO.
after seeing your sig Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart, i remember the mockdrafts we have done

Quote:
Old 11-24-2006, 12:13 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan
Quote:
Then Landry IMO.
after seeing your sig Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart, i remember the mockdrafts we have done
We did like two or three, we took Hawk in one and young in another, don't know if we did three

Old 11-24-2006, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk, I'm not a huge fan of Leon Hall, or for picking a CB in the 1st for that matter. I'd much rather look at it in FA.

Ditto for Landry. I've seen 5 or 6 LSU games this year and haven't seen anything that's made him stand out to me. I like him as a player, but as a mid-1st rounder. Honestly, I'd rather have Reggie Nelson out of Florida.

I like Ginn myself. I agree that he is raw as a player, but he is basically what we need on offense. He'll stretch the field vertically (we have no one that can do that), and has the open field ability to get YAC (we have no one that can do that either). Him and Young would be dynamic. Not sure I'd use a top 10 pick on him though.

This is the tough spot I keep getting in. If CJ or Gaines aren't on the board, I really don't know who we'd target that would be 1) good value and 2) a position of need.

Something to think about: Randy Starks, Robaire Smith, and Rien Long are all FA's after this season. Starks has blown chunks this year, Long is coming off an achilles injury and is mediocre at best. That leaves AH, Tony Brown and Jesse Mahelona. Depending on how the AH situation goes, I would keep my eye on Alan Branch come draft time.

However, I think we'll end up tendering Starks, resigning Robaire, and keeping Albert. Then behind them we'll have Tony Brown as a combo DE/DT and Mahelona. So in the end I don't think we'll go DT, but if things fall a certain way, it's not out of the question.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:17 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Idk, I'm not a huge fan of Leon Hall, or for picking a CB in the 1st for that matter. I'd much rather look at it in FA.

Ditto for Landry. I've seen 5 or 6 LSU games this year and haven't seen anything that's made him stand out to me. I like him as a player, but as a mid-1st rounder. Honestly, I'd rather have Reggie Nelson out of Florida.

I like Ginn myself. I agree that he is raw as a player, but he is basically what we need on offense. He'll stretch the field vertically (we have no one that can do that), and has the open field ability to get YAC (we have no one that can do that either). Him and Young would be dynamic. Not sure I'd use a top 10 pick on him though.

This is the tough spot I keep getting in. If CJ or Gaines aren't on the board, I really don't know who we'd target that would be 1) good value and 2) a position of need.

Something to think about: Randy Starks, Robaire Smith, and Rien Long are all FA's after this season. Starks has blown chunks this year, Long is coming off an achilles injury and is mediocre at best. That leaves AH, Tony Brown and Jesse Mahelona. Depending on how the AH situation goes, I would keep my eye on Alan Branch come draft time.

However, I think we'll end up tendering Starks, resigning Robaire, and keeping Albert. Then behind them we'll have Tony Brown as a combo DE/DT and Mahelona. So in the end I don't think we'll go DT, but if things fall a certain way, it's not out of the question.
Same Here, and also Branch wouldn't be bad.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:21 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Why is the game on so late sunday???

Old 11-24-2006, 12:36 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

I hope the giants are still in a slump this sunday against the titans. 8) But Tiki and Jacobs scares me :( .

Post 6,000

Old 11-24-2006, 07:22 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking, a lot of mocks have us taking Leon Hall, and while I like the pick, I really don't see us taking a CB because I think we need some experience there. Even though i'm not high on Nate Clements, he would make sense, or Asante Samuel, or any other decent CB entering free agency.

I think we have Adams, Landry and the Hall as our board providing we're out of the CJ running. I think FS is a more sensible place to plug a rookie into than CB.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Titansfan #53
Rookie

Titansfan #53 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we are drafting behind Bucs, and Raiders then we will need to trade up and get Calvin Johnson, even if this guy runs a 4.6 he will go top 10 just for his 45 inch vert, and incredible amazing hands, if are not able to pick him up we will go for Gaines Adams just because of his incredible freakish abilities like the "FREAK". In the 2nd round I think we will pick up Dameon Hughes, I think this guy is the most athletic corner in the draft, people just like Leon Hall because of his instincts, but he isn't very athlectic.
Titansfan #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:31 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my big board
CJ
Gaines
Branch
blalock
meriweather (love the kid)
grubbs (im sure ive spelt that wrong)
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:32 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

But there is a possibility that both Adams and CJ are gone by the Titans are on the clock. If its Raiders, then Bucs, then Us both of them are gonna be gone because Raiders will definately take CJ, unless Quinn is still on the board, in which i say they take him. i dont think the Bucs will take CJ, just for the fact that I believe Simeon Rice is gone after this season and they will have a huge DE need. I'm still a far bigger fan of getting CJ, even if it involves a trade up, but if it cant happen then Teddy Ginn Jr. would be a great consolidation prize. He is raw as a reciever, but Young is also raw as a passer, so much better would it be to have them get used to each other. Ginn is worl class speed and would be able to make the other recievers get open down the middle of the field while he runs fly and fly/slant routes. Branch wouldn't be a bad either, but I don't see us having that need just yet. A big-time wr is the biggest need, or a complimenting DE.

Quote:
Old 11-24-2006, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

So what are you guys thinking about the game Sunday?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:38 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
its gonna be a close one, no chance of a blow out IMO
Old 11-24-2006, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
Quote:
its gonna be a close one, no chance of a blow out IMO
Yeh we do not match up well with you guys and Haynesworth looked beastly last week. I actually like your defense despite the ugly numbers, you have some nice, young, blended talent.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-24-2006, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think we're gonna have a really tough time stopping Tiki and Jacobs. I also do not think Plax is a very good matchup for Adam Jones, despite the fact that he's been playing very well this year.

I'm hoping our DL can generate pressure, but they haven't been able to do it at all this year, plus we're depleted at DE. I think we have the same problem as you guys do, if our DL doesn't generate pressure, we're basically out of luck because we have a conservative DC. Even when we do blitz, they are pretty basic pressure packages.

Is Moss gonna be playing? I'd like to see him in the slot matched up against our 7th round rookie Finnegan. Both guys are fast as blazes
Old 11-24-2006, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
I think we're gonna have a really tough time stopping Tiki and Jacobs. I also do not think Plax is a very good matchup for Adam Jones, despite the fact that he's been playing very well this year.

I'm hoping our DL can generate pressure, but they haven't been able to do it at all this year, plus we're depleted at DE. I think we have the same problem as you guys do, if our DL doesn't generate pressure, we're basically out of luck because we have a conservative DC. Even when we do blitz, they are pretty basic pressure packages.

Is Moss gonna be playing? I'd like to see him in the slot matched up against our 7th round rookie Finnegan. Both guys are fast as blazes
I am hearing Moss will be active, not sure how much he'll play. He should get a shot to make some plays because the likes of Carter, Jennings, and Tyree haven't taken advantage of Tommer's injury. This will be his third week of practice without an setbacks....so if Short can be activated, I assume Moss will also be active but as we have had to do all season, we will wait and see.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-25-2006, 12:29 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it will be a good game, but I don't see the big plays happening for the Titans quite like they did last week, so VY will have to play a lot better and the coverage will need to step up on D.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:48 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

<<<<<

Old 11-25-2006, 11:08 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

woooo its on telly in england
Old 11-25-2006, 11:44 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

After watching two Titans games against Dallas and Philly I think yalls #1 need is probably a #1 speed WR like Ginn or maybe Johnson if you get lucky. VY needs somebody to throw to.
Old 11-25-2006, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
After watching two Titans games against Dallas and Philly I think yalls #1 need is probably a #1 speed WR like Ginn or maybe Johnson if you get lucky. VY needs somebody to throw to.
I agree that we need a playmaker on the outside, however I think a pass rushing DE is more of a priority for us. In my opinion at least.
Old 11-25-2006, 08:57 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know when the game is tomorrow???

The reason I ask is that there's conflicting info going around whether it's at noon or at 3:15.

I have a ticket to the game. The ticket says its at noon. ESPN says its at 3:15 pm. The Titans website actually says (on the same page, oddly enough) that the game is at noon but later in the same article says that its at 3:15. I'm thoroughly confused... :?

Anyone have any idea what in the world is going on???
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

It's at 3:15. It was originally scheduled as a noon game, but because of the NFL's flex scheduling, they get to move a certain amount of games to either the late games or the sunday night games, and our game got moved to 3:15. I'll be there as well.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Titansfan #53
Rookie

Titansfan #53 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

THE 2007 SEASON IS OUR SEASON!!!

I think with the 41 million cap room that the 2007 Tennessee Titans will be elite, and take the wild card!

QB - Vince Young - Vince will have a better season with a healthy team around him.
RB - Travis Henry/LenDale White - This is the year that we will play LenDale on 3rd down and be succesfull doing it.
FB - Erron Kinney - This is a suprise but I think he is better suited here, because he is known as a blocker.
TE - Ben Troupe/Bo Scaife - Troupe will shine and Scaife is a potential steal in the 2005 draft.
WR - Calvin Johnson/David Givens - Calvin will give vince that deep threat, and amzing route running, and a healthy Givens will be good, these recievers will be like running backs with hands.
LT - Micheal Roos - This guy is a stud at the LT position, and will be known as one of the best.
LG - Jacob Bell - This guy has shown that we dont need Piller, and has made are running game better.
C - Kevin Mawae - This is still a top 3 center, and will give this team a positive leadership along with Vince.
RG - Benji Olsen - Still not big on Olsen, this is are weakest spot.
RT - David Stewart - This guy is awsome, his weakness will be getting beat on the outside, good thing Vince can see the guys.

LDE - Dwight Freeney - Is stock will drop alittle, but he will give us that pressure that we need, since we dont blitz/
LDT - Randy Starks - I dont know what will happen here but hopefully he starts.
RDT - Albert Haynesworth - I think he will stay and give are run def that extra push.
RDE - Kyle Vanden Bosch - He is just a beast and never gives up on a play, gives it 100% 24/7
LLB - David Thornton - This guy will put on a big hit, and chase down thos Rbs around the league.
MLB - Stephen Tulloch - This guy might not look athletic but he is, after showing the coaches what hes got in 2006 he earns this spot in 07.
RLB - Keith Bulluck - Not much to say about him but just that hes THE BEST RLB IN THE LEAGUE!
LCB - Nate Clements - This guy is still young, and wont give opponents a corner to pick on anymore.
RCB - Adam "Pacman" Jones - As long as he stays out of trouble he will be a shutdown corner that no team will want to throw near.
SS - Chris Hope - After coming off of a pro bowl year this guy will be the leader on defense, along with Bulluck.
FS - Ken Hamlin/Brandon Merriweather - If we draft Brandon then he will start, if not we will get Hamlin, who will come off of a pro bowl year.

P - Craig Hentrich - Still has a leg and is one of the best in the league.
K - Rob Bironas - He has a leg, but wont be doing many GW FGs.

Tell me if my FA signings are reasonable, and if we will have enough cap room. I really think that this will be the year that we make a run at the playoffs. :D
Titansfan #53 is offline   Reply With Quote