Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-23-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
We gettin' owned, brotha'....
Time to change the thread title..... :(
Old 11-23-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you get offsides on a kickoff, you know you're executing terribly...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fail...

Time to circle the wagons. Thread title changed... *busts into tears* :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Fail...

Time to circle the wagons. Thread title changed... *busts into tears* :(
It's ok. We have the Lions on Thursday and then we can change the title to the 11-1 Titans.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I've thought about it a little bit and even though I wish we'd won the game obviously, this loss could be a blessing in disguise. There's no more pressure with the undefeated talk so now the Titans can focus on the main goal of the Super Bowl. We've got 3 very winnable games in a row coming up which should be able to get us to 13-1. By then we might have the #1 seed in the AFC locked up. This loss also showed us that we have some things we need to work on when it comes to defense still. The quick pass has kind of been our achilles heel on defense so far this year. It almost got us beat against Green Bay as well. On offense we need to get back to establishing our running game and controlling the clock. We've gotten away from that these past few weeks. Besides, it's better to get the loss out now than in the playoffs.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, though I wasn't able to watch the game live today, I was able to see the results. It seemed very disappointing. Poor execution on offense (5 drops in the first half, thats unacceptable) and on defense (the Jets had the ball for 40:30). It should be easy to rebound especially this week against the Lions. However, one step at a time. They have to regroup after this game because we haven't gotten hit in the mouth like we did in this game. If I know anything though, Jeff Fisher will want to make a statement against the Lions, and re-establish a defensive dominance and a steady offense.

Go Titans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

LenWhale sounding off about his lack of playing time against the Jets....
Just Scroll down a little.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl?page=1
Old 11-24-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I agree and sympathize with LenDale. I think he is a bigger part of our offense than most think, and that many have fallen in love with CJ to the point of thinking he's infallible. I just wish he would have conducted himself more maturely. I know he was probably caught up in the emotion of the loss, and that only compounded the fact that he felt that he wasn't put in any position to help the team as we were getting our asses handed to us. But coming out and saying he wasn't paying attention and that he didn't care because of it was in poor taste and completely unprofessional, in my opinion.

Hopefully he'll make a statement to the media and apologize. It wouldn't be wise for him to willingly walk into the dog house out of spite.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-27-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loved watching the game against the Lions today. I know a guy on your team,(Dave Ball DE). Had a int that he ran into a TD, a sack and a FF.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Time to change the thread title again! You're gettin' lazy TitanHope. :P
Old 11-27-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some thought from today's game...

1. On that 60-yard TD run, was it just me or did Chris Johnson look like he was jogging? Man, that guy is FAST! Coming into this year, I was skeptical of Johnson and viewed him purely as one of those "fast" workout players (see: Chris Henry). But I've been converted over the course of this season. I don't think he'll every totally be a workhorse RB; however, pair him with a bigger RB who can run 8-12 times a game and I think CJ could be a perennial 1,500 yard rusher in this league.

2. After being upset about his work last week, Lendale looked like he was having a lot of fun today -- running hard and breaking off a couple of longer runs. I know that some criticized Lendale for his outburst last week; however, I think he had a point. The team had gotten away from the run the past few weeks and needed to get back to pounding the ball. If we're going to go far in the playoffs this year, I really think that we'll need to keep Lendale as a real part of our offense, where his size will probably be needed as the weather takes a colder turn.

3. Glad to see Ahmard Hall get some love today -- first, with the interesting pre-game CBS feature on his course to the NFL and then again on that long run after catch. He showed some legit shiftiness on that reception and enough speed to pick up the yards. I've been saying it for awhile, and I think it bears repeating: I wish Dinger could get Hall even more involved in the offense -- even if it's only 4-5 touches a game. The guy's pretty athletic and I think could contribute more than he currently is.

4. By my count, Nick Harper should've had 3 INTs today but just couldn't hold onto the ball. Maybe it was the rust. Needless to say, I feel more confident with Harper out on the field rather than Chris Carr.

5. Nice to see Vince Young get some garbage-time duty today. I wish the TItans could've gotten him some more playing time during this season; however, most of our games have been fairly close. He didn't really do much (that long pass was all Ahmard Hall); but he needs to get some PT in case we need him to step in for any reason this season.

6. Calvin Johnson is a stud. If the Lions could ever get a reliable QB and some semblance of stability on their OL, I think he could easily develop into the best WR in the game. He's THAT good.

7. I feel sorry for everyone living in Detroit -- dangerous town, crippled economic system, horrible football team. I usually don't pull for other teams; but Detroit (the city) desperately needs something to root for.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. The Lions got raped on that draw. I can't remember the last time I saw a team so confused by a draw.

4. Harper should have had two not three. One of them was a pass thrown way to high. It was a great play for him to even get a finger on it.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Talk about Detroit taking a knife to a gun fight... sheesh...

Title changed!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post

7. I feel sorry for everyone living in Detroit -- dangerous town, crippled economic system, horrible football team. I usually don't pull for other teams; but Detroit (the city) desperately needs something to root for.
What about the Red Wings? Also how about the Pistons? I think they have a couple good teams to root for. But yeah, the Lions are putrid.

Best team in the AFC once again

Quote:
Old 11-30-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan
Best team in the AFC once again
Hooray! So much for the Jets challenging us for the best team in the AFC. They were getting a lot of props after they handed us our first loss, which was deserved, but they're far too inconsistent.

It's Tennessee and Pittsburgh atop the mountain.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:12 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've spent some time in the other thread thinking about who the Titans might draft in 2009; but what about free agency???

Below are some players that should/could be available in the upcoming offseason (either via signing or trade)...

WR
Hank Baskett
Anquan Boldin (trade)
Plaxico Burress (trade? sign?)
Bobby Engram
Jabar Gaffney
Devery Henderson
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Chad Johnson (trade)
Lance Moore
Amani Toomer
Demetrius Williams

DE
Bertrand Berry
Julius Peppers
Terrell Suggs

DT
Shaun Cody
Tank Johnson
Rob Meier
Marcus Tubbs

LB
Channing Crowder
Angelo Crowell
Karlos Dansby
James Farrior
Ray Lewis
Willie McGinest
Mike Peterson
Bart Scott
Jonathan Vilma

CB
Nnamdi Asomugha
Jabari Greer
Kelvin Hayden
Justin Miller
Deltha O'Neal
Dunta Robinson

Any FAs on this list that you think the Titans might seriously pursue???
Old 12-05-2008, 08:24 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
We've spent some time in the other thread thinking about who the Titans might draft in 2009; but what about free agency???

Below are some players that should/could be available in the upcoming offseason (either via signing or trade)...

WR
Hank Baskett
Anquan Boldin (trade)
Bobby Engram
Jabar Gaffney
Devery Henderson
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Chad Johnson (trade)
Lance Moore
Amani Toomer
Demetrius Williams

DE
Bertrand Berry
Julius Peppers
Terrell Suggs

DT
Shaun Cody
Tank Johnson
Rob Meier
Marcus Tubbs

LB
Channing Crowder
Angelo Crowell
Karlos Dansby
James Farrior
Ray Lewis
Willie McGinest
Mike Peterson
Bart Scott
Jonathan Vilma

CB
Nnamdi Asomugha
Jabari Greer
Kelvin Hayden
Justin Miller
Deltha O'Neal
Dunta Robinson

Any FAs on this list that you think the Titans might seriously pursue???
I think that they should seriously pursue TJ Whosyamama (though I have a feeling that he is a product of his system at times), Nnamdi Asomugha (though he is gonna want max money and I don't know if we could afford it), Amani Toomer would be a good stop gap WR and someone that could become the leader of the WR corp. Maybe they should also look at Johnathan Vilma (he was very successful at MLB in a 4-3 system, and I don't think he would be asking for huge money). Part of me wonders about Plax Burress and whether he would be worth the headache, knowing that this would probably be his last chance. The NY media has basically stated he is gone, he will be cut and become a FA.

Quote:
Old 12-05-2008, 12:00 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
WR
Hank Baskett
Anquan Boldin (trade)
Bobby Engram
Jabar Gaffney
Devery Henderson
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Chad Johnson (trade)
Lance Moore
Amani Toomer
Demetrius Williams

DE
Bertrand Berry
Julius Peppers
Terrell Suggs

DT
Shaun Cody
Tank Johnson
Rob Meier
Marcus Tubbs

LB
Channing Crowder
Angelo Crowell
Karlos Dansby
James Farrior
Ray Lewis
Willie McGinest
Mike Peterson
Bart Scott
Jonathan Vilma

CB
Nnamdi Asomugha
Jabari Greer
Kelvin Hayden
Justin Miller
Deltha O'Neal
Dunta Robinson
The ones in bold are the ones I'd like to see the Titans pursue. Of course we need to resign our own guys, Albert especially, but I think even after that we'd have enough cap space to sign one of the more elite guys in FA. That would then also open things up for us in the draft.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Do we go after a number one WR in the FA market or a top flight CB? Its tough either way, cause with TJ you are banking on the fact that he isn't a product of his system (which I think he isn't) and whether how much Nnamdi would ask for on the open market. I would love to partner up Julius Peppers to go opposite KVB and play next to Fat Al, but I don't see it happening cause Jevon is still signed to next season and I doubt he gets cut by the Titans organization

Quote:
Old 12-05-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

AH is the #1 priority for me. Houshmandzadeh, Asomugha, and Peppers are all great players, but I prefer AH over all of the above. If we get a high price FA along wth AH, then I prefer Aso. Pairing him with Finny would be epic along with our pass-rush. Hopefully Al Davis won't franchise tag him, thus keeping him in NFL purgatory for another season.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Kevin Vickerson is out for 4 games after testing positive for the banned diuretic. But, Jason Jones is healthy again so it shouldn't hurt too badly to lose him.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Again, I think the most likely scenario is that we try to re-sign Albert Haynesworth and then try to sign some solid players -- maybe a WR like Amani Toomer or Jabar Gaffney (to hopefully replace Justin McCareins & Paul Williams) and a MLB like Jonathan Vilma or Mike Peterson (probably to replace Ryan Fowler...and move Stephen Tulloch to the bench where he can backup at MLB or OLB).

I think we'll then grab a DE and CB in the draft at some point.

I seriously doubt that we pursue any of the big FAs like Houshmandzadeh, Peppers, Suggs, or Asumugha. Pursuing those pricey FAs doesn't seem to be Reinfeldt's style, as he seems more interested in keeping our current players and adding contributors through the draft and through more economical signings.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm going to the game tomorrow (today, whatever). I have front row lower bowl tickets on the fifty yard line. :)

I'm gonna be behind the Browns bench cussing 'em out and stuff. Keep an eye out for me on the boob tube!
Old 12-07-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Hope ya had a great time, VDM! Hope ya flipped them the bird for me! :D

A few thoughts...

12-1, how sweet it is. Clinching the division, and after the Giants lost, we now have the best record in the NFL once again!

Brandon Jones is our most physically talented WR. He reminds me of Chris Chambers.

I wonder if Stanford Keglar could play MIKE. He's 6'2, 240 - heavy for an OLB in our scheme, but still lighter than Tulloch and Fowler. It's intriguing to me.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Best team in the league! Sure we beat up on an underachieving team with a 3rd string QB making the start, but I am not complaining. This is just the first goal though, not time to settle. Next up is clinching that first round bye and home field throughout the playoffs.

Head Coach of the Year = Jeff Fisher

Quote: