Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 09-17-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince Young takes Steve McNair's sons to Father-Son breakfast.

Great read. Go VY!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can haz triple post?

CJ hopes for more carries.

Titans feel heat on blitz decision - Cecil explains his decision.

Rookie Britt shows why Titans nabbed him in Draft.

Today's Titans Team Report from Yahoo!.

On another note, Colts WR Anthony Gonzalez may miss up to 8 weeks with a knee injury, so the odds of him playing in the Sunday night Titans/Colts game will be slim. Also, Haynesworth is getting a lot of criticism in Washington already. Here's one article - Albert Haynesworth isn't Superman - and here's another - Haynesworth leaves team at a loss with his impact.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 09-18-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Jeff Fisher's Monday press conference:

Text link.

Video Link.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting way ahead of myself as my 3rd round pick isn't till Thursday but I'm really bored and maybe this will spark some interesting discussion.

The highest players on my board at the moment are OLB Bruce Carter, WR Terrance Toliver, CB Patrick Robinson, FS Morgan Burnett, DE/OLB Ricky Sapp, and QB Jake Locker. I'm sure you would like to see a lot of those guys in a Titans uniform but I only get to take one (well I might get really lucky and get one more in round 4) but who would you give top priority?

Other available players I have seen rated highly not listed above: WR Dezmon Briscoe, WR Demaryius Thomas, WR Golden Tate, WR Mike Williams, WR Jacoby Ford, DE Greg Romeus, DT Marvin Austin, DT Laurence Marsh, CB Syd'Quan Thompson, CB Brandon Ghee, OT Selvish Capers
Old 09-22-2009, 02:10 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I'm getting way ahead of myself as my 3rd round pick isn't till Thursday but I'm really bored and maybe this will spark some interesting discussion.

The highest players on my board at the moment are OLB Bruce Carter, WR Terrance Toliver, CB Patrick Robinson, FS Morgan Burnett, DE/OLB Ricky Sapp, and QB Jake Locker. I'm sure you would like to see a lot of those guys in a Titans uniform but I only get to take one (well I might get really lucky and get one more in round 4) but who would you give top priority?

Other available players I have seen rated highly not listed above: WR Dezmon Briscoe, WR Demaryius Thomas, WR Golden Tate, WR Mike Williams, WR Jacoby Ford, DE Greg Romeus, DT Marvin Austin, DT Laurence Marsh, CB Syd'Quan Thompson, CB Brandon Ghee, OT Selvish Capers
-Jake Locker
-Patrick Robinson
-Dezmon Briscoe
-Demayrius Thomas
-Golden Tate
-Greg Romeus
-Ricky Sapp
-Syd'Quan Thompson
-Terrance Tolliver

My order would go something like that.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:02 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Ok, so as you guys may know, this weekend is a legacy game. The Titans will be in their Oilers throwbacks, and the Jets will be in their NY Titans throwbacks. Apparently, there's a reporter in the Nashville media that's just enthralled with the notion that essentially the Titans (TN) will be playing the Titans (NY), except the normal Titans (TN) won't be the Titans at all because they'll be the Oilers. I'm watching interviews from Wednesday practice, and this guy asked Jeff Fisher about it. Fish answered it and at the end playfully said, "The guys are looking forward to it, look a little different." You think, ok, question is over, but oh no, not for this guy. He restates the question, and Fisher goes, "Yes, even though itís the Titans playing the Oilers, itís the Jets playing the Titans. I kinda figured that out..." and looks around at the other reporters and does that little Fish smirk.

I laughed out loud at 3:30 AM. Dunno why I thought that was so funny, but random things become funnier the later it gets. But yeah, I move on to the next recorded interview that looked most interesting, which was Bulluck's. About 4 minutes into the interview, a guy from the far right blurts out, "Keith, what do you think it'll feel like going against the Titans?" I just hit pause. I...I couldn't handle it. Keith shrugged and kind've laughed, then said how it's just a name and it doesn't do anything for them.

Anyway...just thought I'd share. Check out the TitansOnline.com website for all the post-practice interviews and media sessions!

Bulluck's in particular was great. He talked about how the defense was gonna improve, and guaranteed that the defense that showed up against the Texans would never be back. KVB seems to always be shirtless whenever he gets interviewed. Totally understand that though, cuz honestly, who's gonna look at KVB and tell him to put a shirt on? Not me, especially when he's wearing those red contacts. *shudders*

EDIT! THE DUDE ASKED JEVON KEARSE THE TITANS VS TITANS QUESTION IN THE KEARSE INTERVIEW!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! It's like f'in "Where's Waldo?" Kearse's answer was by far the best. A little after the question, he got asked if he wanted to get a crushing sack on Mark Sanchez in order to kind've throw the rookie off, and Kearse goes, "We goin' for a couple of 'em. *laughs* We're goin' for a couple of 'em during the first drive. We wanna let 'em know who the real Titans are. They can have the name for a day, but we're gonna show them how to play some real Titan ball." Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Also, if the Titans ever make a barbershop quartet, Kearse will definitely by the barritone. Man that guy's voice is deep!

Oh, and before I forget, Cary Williams was released in order to sign a Punter named Reggie Hodges. They signed AJ Trapasso to the practice squad too. Hentrich will probably play later in the season. Hodges looks like a short term solution, and he's also a holder like Hentrich is. Trapasso looks like the long term answer, and we'll keep him tucked away until Hentrich hangs up his cleets and calls it a career - a wonderful one at that. He's a great punter, even to this day. Younger guys may have stronger legs, but Hentrich can put the ball accurately and put spin on it. His kicks are hard to catch because he can send a knuckling punt at opposing returners who may muff the catch. He deserves more credit, really.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 09-24-2009 at 03:36 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow Steve being gone just came back and kicked me in the rear, I dont know where it came from but all the sudden I just started thinking about him and I felt as bad as I did when he got killed.I dont ever react this way when a celebrity dies but Steve feels like a guy you were friends with. Its hard just sitting down and remembering him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...won-t-lay-down

Quote:
Old 09-24-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Locker. Robinson got selected right before my pick so that made my choice a little easier although I was leaning towards taking my boy anyways. Derrick Morgan was my round 1 choice and Locker was my 3rd round pick.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:41 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I got Locker. Robinson got selected right before my pick so that made my choice a little easier although I was leaning towards taking my boy anyways. Derrick Morgan was my round 1 choice and Locker was my 3rd round pick.
Good stuff man. That's a steal. I wouldn't have minded if you took him in the first.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:00 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Ok, I'm lost...what does "kiss da baby" mean?

I love CJ, and the recognition and media time he's getting is fantastic. But...he can be suckered into answering questions and baited into giving out quotes that the reporter is wanting.

Like, for example, in the Wednesday practice media interview, a reporter asked CJ if he was afraid Kerry wouldn't see he was uncovered on that one TD reception. CJ said no, that he was the first read on that play - which is too much info. And in this interview, he said that the Ravens took him out of the playoff game with a cheap shot. Now, that's basically true and everyone thinks so, but for him to actually say it...the week before we play Rex Ryan's new team...maybe not the best time.

CJ's very straight forward and honest, though, which is refreshing. Love his postgame interviews on what his thoughts on the game were, and I think he has the makings of a very good leader for this team.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Vincent Fuller is likely out for the season with a broken forearm.

http://www.titansradio.com/Article.a...343&spid=27572

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Vincent Fuller is likely out for the season with a broken forearm.

http://www.titansradio.com/Article.a...343&spid=27572
I guess Cary Williams will only have been out of a job for about a week. Unless they try and go after a true nickelback.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Yeah, Cary Williams or Tanard Davis would be good. I like McCourty's future at NB, though. He's a solid tackler.

Vinny is a huge loss though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Well, looking at our current remaining schedule and getting a feel for the teams we're playing, I'm calling a 6-10 finish.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the best 0-3 team ever...that is all

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its really sad the ways we have lost so far, we could easily be 3-0 as well. The pass defense is probably the number one concern and then the QB situation and pass rush is the second large concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

To pick up spirits!

:D:D:D

Another awesome vid:

"Check my resume'!!!"

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 09-28-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:16 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Titans are working out CB Rod Hood, per NFL Network.

Hood would be a great signing. He's an average starting CB, but he's a very good Nickelback. Plus, if there's an injury outside, he'd be a better option than a rookie. Hood also returned kicks a few seasons ago.

It also seems that Fuller is only out 4-6 weeks, not all season. That's great news!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Chris Henry was cut today...no joke.

I admit, I'll kinda miss the guy. :D

Lots of other moves today:

Signed:
WR/KR Mark Jones
S Kevin Kaesviharn

Released:
RB Chris Henry

PS Add:
CB Cary Williams

PS Drop:
FB Rodney Ferguson

IR'd:
P Craig Hentrich

http://www.titansonline.com/news/art...2-72bf3c15a059

Eric Green, Roderick Hood, Mark Jones, Kevin Kaesviharn, and another unnamed safety were worked out. Jones and Kaesviharn were signed out of the group.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Busy day. Not sure if we really got any players, but at least we got rid of Chris Henry and gained a Keanu Reeves look-a-like.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I thought Chris Henry was blind? Wont we have to pay him comp for cutting him?

Quote:
Old 09-29-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I dont know about this Kevin Kaesviharn signing..The dude is like a 100 years old and has been a wash-out for the last 2 years. I thought we would pick up a vet with potential.

Quote:
Old 09-30-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is the special teams returner we need in that group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:32 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I dont know about this Kevin Kaesviharn signing..The dude is like a 100 years old and has been a wash-out for the last 2 years. I thought we would pick up a vet with potential.

"Dude, harsh!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Where is the special teams returner we need in that group?
Mark Jones? Hopefully he can be the reliable returner needed, or were ya just bein' sarcastic? ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 09-30-2009 at 03:34 AM.