Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 10-19-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my opinion Jeff Fisher needs to go. I know I've been somewhat vocal in that I think he's just not a good head coach, but hear me out. The Titans have lost the last eight games they've played in. They were bounced from the playoffs in the first round last year with the best record in the league. In fact, Jeff Fisher hasn't won a playoff game since 2003. He has five playoff wins in 16 years, including three in one season. In the last nine years, the Titans have four winning records, four losing records, and an 8-8 year. Coaches have been fired for less. Look at Marty Schottenheimer, Mike Martz, Brian Billick, Mike Shanahan, John Gruden, etc. There came a time for the teams that fired those guys when they just didn't see those guys as coaches who could lead a team to the Super Bowl.

You don't coach to go 9-7 every year. You coach for the Super Bowl. If there's a hump that your team hasn't gotten over (and Jeff Fisher doesn't have any rings), it's time to make a change. This is like dating a girl who's only a 7/10. She's not bad, but if you have any dignity you'll try and do better for yourself. Sometimes you need to take a risk in order to do well. Besides, it's not like Fisher seems like he's really rallying the guys. On the opposite, yesterday it looked like the players completely quit on him, and I can't really see him getting back to the point where he's got the whole team under his command. Jeff Fisher seems like an okay guy and a pretty decent coach. He can take a talented team and get them to play pretty well most of the time. I'm sure he'd make a nice coach for, say, Dallas after this season. But I'm not convinced he's the guy in Tennessee.

It's a shame that Jim Schwartz already got hired, because I think he'd be a good guy for Tennessee. Ever since he left, he's won more games than Jeff Fisher, and when you look at the talent level of the Titans vs. the talent level of the Lions, the Titans have a huge edge. I remember going into this season, everyone on here was talking about how even despite losing Schwartz and Haynesworth, there were a lot of good players on this team and about how the Titans should still make a playoff run. I still believe there are a lot of talented players on the team. The only explanation is that Jeff Fisher isn't doing his job as a coach of getting the team to rally behind him. He's not putting guys in a position to win. Look at some of the other teams who had coaches lead them to pretty decent records and that moved on. The Ravens moved on from Billick - they're a pretty good club. Look at McDaniels on the Broncos. If Shanahan and Billick can be replaced, Fisher sure as hell can, too. It just needs to happen before the Titans lose all of their talent.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats a really good point bringing up Shanahan, as he was another of those long time tenured head coaches that many thought would retire then get fired. It really does seem like Fisher's time is running up now, given how both the offense and defense is performing. But a change in the midst of the season? There really is no suitable replacement for him at this moment. We will just have to ride it out for now. Sadly I'm having trouble trying to come up with some coordinators that should get their shot. We definitely should hire someone a bit more defensive based though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Schottenheimer would be a good hire

Call me crazy but the marriage will work - Marty Schottenheimer coaching the Titans. A fiery passionate coach who gives it all. He will get the Titans playing consistently well in the regular season, inside and outside the division. His teams may not have done well in the playoffs but I do not think all of it is his fault. If the Titans need a change that they will respond to, Schottenheimer could definitely be it.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys feel about this?

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/200...-the-rocketown

Does it piss you off or do you even care? I'm not trying to troll, I'm just thinking if the Colts were 0-6 and Caldwell showed up somewhere in a Brady jersey I wouldn't find it funny.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont care, It was meant to be taken as being funny. If we were 6-0 I might care but we are 0-6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we just signed Quinton Ganther, can anyone tell me a little about him?

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Great ST, good pre-season back, Can play both full-back and RB, Can come off the bench and be productive but not a starter.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

chris johnson has a 6.3 ypc avg we should just give him the ball every play....seriously

not posted for a while because i have deep vein thrombosis, just got out of hospital >_<
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
chris johnson has a 6.3 ypc avg we should just give him the ball every play....seriously

not posted for a while because i have deep vein thrombosis, just got out of hospital >_<
I think our combo should be Ringer, Johnson.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post

Does it piss you off or do you even care? I'm not trying to troll, I'm just thinking if the Colts were 0-6 and Caldwell showed up somewhere in a Brady jersey I wouldn't find it funny.

This was probably all planned and scripted before the worst loss in franchise history, but shouldn't somebody have stepped back and said, "Y'know, maybe this isn't the best time for a bit like this?"

It's kind've come off as a big middle finger to the Titans fanbase. Make a joke at our team's expense, and put on the jersey of a rival team's player and say you now feel like a winner...ugh...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 10-21-2009 at 01:39 AM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cant wait to start a new franchise with tennessee....total overhaul...total

we just need to get our future on the field and bench the dead wood
Old 10-21-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
This guy was a beast at the combine. IIRC he had a great vertical, like 29 reps on the bench, and a pretty decent 40 time for a big guy. Never really did much in the NFL though.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post

At first thought I laughed incredibly loud, thought it was funny as hell and should have been taken as a joke even to the floundering Titans fan base. I mean honestly, if our team doesn't want to get laughed about, play better on the field and win. The whole thing was of course set up beforehand, but I still didn't take it to heart.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

despite our pathetic season im proud of cj and kenny britt, basically the only titan standing tall, collins and lendale white dont really need to play another snap they're out, then again cj and britt should only see limited duty no sense in risking major injury on this wasted season, we might as well see what vince and ringer can do since the season is over already they both have something to prove as far as being on our roster in the future although im basically positive vince is gone too, im ready for the draft and its october :(
Old 10-21-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was funny, but then I thought about how I would have felt last year if Shanahan went around wearing a powder blue Chargers jersey after week 17... yeah I'd be pissed as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^^boxxy? wtf bro LOL and yes im ashamed i know who that is
Old 10-21-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
like personally or just computer wise? cause no shame if its computer wise

Quote:
Old 10-21-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bulluck said it best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Bulluck
“I don’t know. He said it was a joke. Funny. Whatever. It was for charity,” linebacker Keith Bulluck said.

Bulluck said Fisher explained his actions to the team.

“He’s our head coach. He doesn’t have to explain himself, but he did,” Bulluck said. “If people found it funny, then it’s funny whatever. Of course, it doesn’t sit well with everyone, but it doesn’t matter what we think. It’s one of those situations that you don’t necessarily comment on.”

Bulluck was asked if he would ever wear a Manning jersey.

“I feel like a winner anytime I put a No. 53 jersey on, so no, not at all,” the veteran linebacker said."
I like the last quote the most.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Sadly what I get from that quote is a gist of "I don't care what my coach does, it doesn't matter to me".

Bulluck I'm going to miss you the most, heart and soul and passion of our defense.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus TH, the Tits need to win a game just so you can get the Steelers avy out of there.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:56 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

just so you know guys, im gunning for taylor mays come draft day :)
Old 10-22-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Jesus TH, the Tits need to win a game just so you can get the Steelers avy out of there.
I know man... :(

At least I changed it to a hot chick instead of that ugly Steelers logo. Bleh! ;)

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the "Tits" mock name? I mean, if ya gotta be called something, might as well be the best things ever made in the history of everything. I mean, we could be the Dolts, Hags, or Texans.

We got it good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86
just so you know guys, im gunning for taylor mays come draft day :)
Boo Taylor Mays!!! :p

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post

You got a problem with boxxy? Take it up with my complaints department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Sadly what I get from that quote is a gist of "I don't care what my coach does, it doesn't matter to me".

Bulluck I'm going to miss you the most, heart and soul and passion of our defense.
I'm gonna miss him as a player!

He's on pace for 147 Total Tackles - 104 Solos and 43 Assists. That'd be his 2nd most TOT's in a season, t-1st most Solos, and 3rd most Assists.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
You got a problem with boxxy? Take it up with my complaints department.

yes sir captain jailbait