Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-27-2006, 04:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
I know, I saw that.

I guess you have to justify it in your own mind somehow. Whatever he wants to believe, still doesn't change the fact that his team lost.
Makes you wonder about this guy, earlier in this year he said that the Skins coaches are telling their players to intentionally injure him and he also said that he didn't want to say anything but a year ago he got spat on by a former skins player, he's just one of those guys who has to say something to put his mind at ease, I guess whatever works for you.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 05:56 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nest year draft.......I could could see any of these guys being are pick(No CJ, not drafting that high)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:01 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs
Nest year draft.......I could could see any of these guys being are pick(No CJ, not drafting that high)

Gaines Adams would be sweet, him or Branch.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:17 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive always been a vince young fan ever since the rose bowl final play. and im glad hes going to be the face of tennessee for what i hope to be a decade and more
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Titansfan #53
Rookie

Titansfan #53 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who will be our couple of big FA signings this year? 41 million cap room

CB Asante Samuel - After that game against the bears this is my pick, he really showed me his athletiscm that I thought that he never had.

FS Ken Hamlin - This guy is really showing that he is one of the best this year.

DE Charles Grant - hasen't done much this year but he is still young, and has done good in the past.
Titansfan #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow amazing win guys. I know Kiwi kinda gave up on the sack, but him breaking that tackle just reminded me of the USC games where VY was just a man against boys and no defender could tackle him. VY amazes me as a prospect... especially when he scrabmles. He's not Vick type scrambler.. but he's elusive, hard to tackle, and has long strides.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:49 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st round pick: Dwayne Jarrett WR USC-Bennett haven't showed he is worth a Big Contract and Young Needs a big target, He is also part of that USC connection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUU_A9ZTmyk

2nd round pick: Josh Beekman OG Boston College Benji Olson isn't the future, we have a pretty good line with Roos, Bell, Stewart, and Mawae(Need a future Center also).

3rd round pick: Brandon Meriweather S Tha UWe need a safety to pelace LT, he might be there or he may not, if he is he will be a HUGE steal.

3rd Round pick(From Ravens):Daniel Bazuin DECMUWe need a pass rusher, that is what he will give us.

4th round pick: Leroy Harris C NCST We need a future Center, good pick here.

5th round Pick: John Talley CB DukeCB talent is really there, i expect the titans to go after a FA during the offseason, but Hill have been terrible. Michael Waddell haven't done anything this season and Woolfolk has also been trash.

6th Round Pick: Thomas Brown RB GeorgiaCB is gone we need a speedster IMO, he will be a good exchange from two powerbacks like Lendale White and Henry.

7th Round Pick: Jeremy Clark DT BamaIf he here in the 7th round he would be a good pick here, Fat Albert i'm hooing he will be a titan next year, but Randy Starks could be gone, same with Smith and Long is coming back from injury.

Old 11-27-2006, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I hope we don't draft Meriweather. We already have one headcase in the secondary, no need to add fuel to the fire.

I wouldn't mind any one of Jarrett-Ginn-Landry-Adams in the first. Adams preferably if he's there, but he likely won't be unless we lose all remaining games, lol.

I think I'd almost rather have Ben Grubbs than Beekman, I like both, but I'm more into the more mobile Olineman.

Also, the pick we got from the Ravens for #9 is a straight up 4th rounder. Turns out it wasn't conditional, at least that's what I've heard.

I also think that if we take a RB, we need to get a scatback like Lorenzo Booker or Garrett Wolfe.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:32 PM    (permalink
MikeD

asonte samual wold do big thangs for you guys
Old 11-27-2006, 10:10 PM    (permalink
B FOR BULLUCK

Hm, I just started a Franchise in Madden. Oddly enough we were doing awful until we played the Giants then just ripped off 5 wins in a row (simmed the season) and a dismantling of the Colts at home. VY just dominated starting with the Giants. I love this game.

Anyhow here's what I ended up with and I think it looks pretty good. Maybe not all that realistic but...

Leon Hall (Gaines Adams was gone, he is my realistic player of choice), LaMarr Woodley, Dwayne Bowe, Garrett Wolfe, Ben Grubbs, Kyle Young, Ryan McBean, Justin Warren.

Doesn't seem all that unrealistic and fills some good holes. Woodley isnt exactly our defensive style but I like him.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bud just needs to give Fish an extension and get it over with. I've said all along that I thought this years performance would be what I base me opinion on. Early on in the season, it seemed like he had lost the players, just like it seemed at the end of last year, but even since Vince has taken over the reins and we have some stability, the team has been playing hard and I like the direction we're headed in. We have stability at the most important position, now I think we need stability for Vince on the coaching staff.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:36 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

If Young would have been the starter, would we won the Jets game and the Dolphins game?? We could have been 6-5 just though those games, should have beaten the ravens and colts......
8-3........... :( other three loses were blow out though........ :(

Old 11-28-2006, 12:18 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im sorry but I still view Ginn as a better gamebreaker then Jarett. All this WR talk gets voided though if Adams is there, because he would be the best pick we would get, if he fell. However, I have read somewhere that Dwight Freeney reached incentives in his contract which allow him to test the market. If we could get him :D :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:03 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tbh i really want us to get leon hall, if we can bring in a big name FS then we will have no problem with deep threats, as pacman will have secured on side very nicely. but asante is unlikely to leave NE becaue of how bad their secondary is.leon hall would probably progress faster than pac, as he is not as raw. hes a top tier player and with all our needs i think we just take the best player going, which will likely be hall. if we do end up picking around 4 - 7 we should aim for branch, or adams

i just feel that if we brought in hall, him and pac could make a great connection, they will both be young theyll get on really well and unlike rey, hall is good

love the kid
Old 11-28-2006, 09:32 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO, the Titans need to address WR, OG, DE, DT, CB, and FS this offseason. I think the Titans will draft somewhere between #6 and #10 (which would mean that WR Johnson is long gone as is probably DE Adams).

Here's how I'd rank the remaining players:
1. WR Ted Ginn
2. DT Alan Branch
3. CB Leon Hall
4. DE Quintin Moses

Given the Titans' history, I don't see them taking an OG in the 1st round, and there's not a FS good enough to take this early. While DE is a need, I expect them to make a heavy push for either Freeney or Grant in FA. Hall would be a good pick in the 1st; however, my hope is that the Titans pursue a veteran CB this offseason to start along with Pac (and let Finnegan be the nickleback and Reynaldo the dimeback).

On my list, that leaves Branch and Ginn. DT is certainly a concern, given that Haynesworth has had well-publicized problems (and hasn't played up to his potential anyway). Starks hasn't done anything, Robaire has been banged-up, and Long will be coming back from a season-long injury.

However, my pick would be Ginn. I don't see Bennett coming back next season. And with the Titans' poor record in the past in signing veteran FA WRs (see Carl Pickens, Yancey Thigpen, David Givens, etc.), I don't see them signing a vet WR. David Givens has been an utter bust (even when he hasn't been on the injury list...which, granted, he's on almost all the time). Brandon Jones has shown flashes of potential and could be a good #2 WR. But the Titans are without a play-making, legit #1 calibur WR. As Young continues to progress, it will be very important that the Titans give him some weapons to work with at WR. That's why Ginn (who reminds me a little of Steve Smith) makes the most sense to me.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I probably like Ginn has a prospect more than most people on this board do. Honestly, I'd rather have him than Leon Hall because I think he's going to be a star. He'd be a nice guy to use on drags, slants, and screens, plus he has the speed to stretch the defense deep, something we currently do not have at all. I'd venture to say that Courtney Roby is our fastest WR, and it seems like he hasn't seen the field in forever.

Bennett and Wade are both FA's. I might just let Bennett walk, draft Ted Ginn, and resign Wade. Then start Brandon Jones and Ginn until Givens is ready to come back 100% (he may be ready by training camp, idk). Though, losing Bennett completely takes away our height in the WR corps. Jonathan Orr would be our tallest I think. I guess we don't throw many jump balls anyway.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:40 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny isn't it - we may have a choice of Jarrett and Ginn Jr, and they couldn't possibly be more opposite in play style and strengths. Jarrett would keep the height and hopefully introduce some solid hands, while Ginn Jr would introduce a real speed element.

I'm torn between the two really.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:17 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan
It's funny isn't it - we may have a choice of Jarrett and Ginn Jr, and they couldn't possibly be more opposite in play style and strengths. Jarrett would keep the height and hopefully introduce some solid hands, while Ginn Jr would introduce a real speed element.

Yes, Jarrett has the height for sure (and I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if we drated him). HOWEVER, the Titans don't really throw jump-balls very often. And they'd still have the TEs (who are all big targets) running routes over the middle and in the redzone.

To me, the deep-threat that Ginn would supply is something that the Titans have been missing...well...forever (given the fact that our last intended deep-threat--Calico--was an utter bust). I think Ginn would really stretch the field and make the underneath routes easier for Jones/Givens (and the TEs) and open up running lanes for Henry/White.

Just my opinion...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:47 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan

Yes, Jarrett has the height for sure (and I certainly wouldn't be disappointed if we drated him). HOWEVER, the Titans don't really throw jump-balls very often. And they'd still have the TEs (who are all big targets) running routes over the middle and in the redzone.

To me, the deep-threat that Ginn would supply is something that the Titans have been missing...well...forever (given the fact that our last intended deep-threat--Calico--was an utter bust). I think Ginn would really stretch the field and make the underneath routes easier for Jones/Givens (and the TEs) and open up running lanes for Henry/White.

Just my opinion...
i do like ted ginn, but my fave player who wil be left when we pick most likely is hall but WR is our biggest need, but i love hall, and ginn is awesome i just dont know
Old 11-29-2006, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I'm suspicious of WRs that don't show good hands, and Ginn hasn't had to run precise routes. I think Jarrett is the more complete WR right now. He lacks Ginns gamebreaking speed; I'll admit that. But the guy gets open, and he runs great routes and can make fantastic catches. After what we got with Calico, I'll take a precise, pass catching WR over raw talent right now. I want Young to have a conistent target.
Bobertchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Bobertchin wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Also, I don't think WR is our biggest need. I'd prefer a second rounder, like maybe Sweed of Meachem (they might be there). I'd say we need a DE FIRST. It's easily our biggest need, IMO. We don't get enough pass rush, and it hurts our secondary. A top safety would be nice in that first round too. But value is the key, and if WR is better value, I'm all for it.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobertchin
Also, I don't think WR is our biggest need. I'd prefer a second rounder, like maybe Sweed of Meachem (they might be there). I'd say we need a DE FIRST. It's easily our biggest need, IMO. We don't get enough pass rush, and it hurts our secondary. A top safety would be nice in that first round too. But value is the key, and if WR is better value, I'm all for it.
Been awhile since you've been around this neck of the woods 8)

And I agree that DE is the biggest need, the problem, in my opinion, is the gap between Gaines Adams and Quentin Moses is quite big, and that is right in the area that we sit. If Gaines somehow fell to us, I'd be ecstatic, but I'm not a fan of taking Moses or Woodley in the top 15 at all. That seems to be the problem we're running in to at a couple of positions that we need.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Bobertchin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobertchin
Been awhile since you've been around this neck of the woods 8)

And I agree that DE is the biggest need, the problem, in my opinion, is the gap between Gaines Adams and Quentin Moses is quite big, and that is right in the area that we sit. If Gaines somehow fell to us, I'd be ecstatic, but I'm not a fan of taking Moses or Woodley in the top 15 at all. That seems to be the problem we're running in to at a couple of positions that we need.
I've been busy ;). But I agree with you. The thing about Woodley is that he seems to be getting better all the time. He's got upside, IMO. He's incredibly strong, too. but if we are picking in the top 15, then I'd like to trade down before taking either of those DEs after Adams. I'm with you on that. Or...how's this...take the best player on the board at WR or S, and then trade our 2nd, 4th and 5th to get back up into the end of round one and grab one of those DEs.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Titansfan777

MY OFF-SEASON IDEAS

First, We Resign:
*Resign Peter Sirmon
*Resign Drew Bennett
*Ahmard Halll
*Resign Robaire Smith
In Free Agency
*Sign Asante Samuel

*Sign Charles Grant

In the draft we take:

1. Dwayne Jarrett- A gamebreaking WR who is the 2nd best in the country after CJ. He has great speed with a nice set of moves to go with great hands and a huge frame at 6' 5". He is a great receiver who is can change a game. He is a great possesion receiver who can make the tough catch and be a big time playmaker. He and Vince would be exiting to watch for years to come.

2. Brandon Merriweather- A great safety who is the 3rd best in the country, but will fall due to character issues. He has great speed and intangibles to go with a skillset like Lamont Thompson. He sort of reminds me of a poor mans Ed Reed with the same attitude and knack for the big play. He could start right away and make a great impact in our young secondary.

3. Joe Staley- He is a tweener Guard/Tackle who can play at both places very effectively. He has good speed and is great in the run game with his nice size, yet is still great in the passing game with his ability to hold his own against a stronger defender. He could be our replacement for Benji Olsen at guard or untill then, a great backup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FINAL STARTING ROSTER FOR THE 2006-2007 NFL SEASON

QB-Vince Young
RB-Travis Henry
FB-Ahmard Hall
WR1-Drew Bennett
WR2-David Givens
WR3-Dwayne Jarrett
TE1-Ben Troupe
TE2-Erron Kinney
TE3-Bo Scaife
LT-Micheal Roos
LG-Benji Olsen/Joe Staley