Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 12-10-2006, 11:03 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ghettosermon what is your problem with Ladell Betts, you act like he is a scrub and look at what hes done in his last 3 starts. Hes gone over 100 yards and 150 in the last 2. In my opinion I've always thought he was a better fit for our run scheme and these past 3 games have proved it. Dont get me wrong Portis is a better rb overall but I think if portis was a fa this year that we would be just as good going into next year with Betts rather than Portis. The counter trey needs a rb thats waits for his block and once he sees the whole hits it. Betts has great hole reading and although he doesnt have the home run threat that portis does he seems to get to the hole a lot faster. I know this wont happen but I think it would be good to try and put Portis out in the trading block and see if a team desperate for a rb like oakland or cleveland might be willing to take him in return for some d-line or a couple proven corners. I really think we would be just as good with Betts.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:16 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Not to completely discount a 5-year, 11-mil extension, 5.5 of which is guaranteed, but I'm puzzled as to why Betts didn't test the FA market at all.

It's not like Washington would have signed anyone else in the meantime, as no one else has the first-hand experience and value with the team that Betts has. Heck, Gibbs went public with his desire to re-sign Betts not too long ago.

Especially when the cap is going to rise by a healthy amount this off-season, which is beneficial to all his suitors - Washington included.

Maybe he was worried about suffering an injury with 4 games left, especially as he's carrying the ball on a Gibbs-type load, or maybe the guy just doesn't want to be a starter, I don't know.
Betts is smart to do it, he knows no one would show interest and the skins would see that and sign him for less. I hate Ladell Betts!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: My problem with this contract is not the money because it's not that much rather the length. As long as Betts is in DC the coaching staff will favor him even over a healthy Portis.
I actually wasn't to happy about the Betts signing at first but he's flat out dominated in his starts. It's about time we kept our in house talent in place and not let them go a la pierce, smoot, clark
Old 12-11-2006, 01:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202
Ghettosermon what is your problem with Ladell Betts, you act like he is a scrub and look at what hes done in his last 3 starts. Hes gone over 100 yards and 150 in the last 2. In my opinion I've always thought he was a better fit for our run scheme and these past 3 games have proved it. Dont get me wrong Portis is a better rb overall but I think if portis was a fa this year that we would be just as good going into next year with Betts rather than Portis. The counter trey needs a rb thats waits for his block and once he sees the whole hits it. Betts has great hole reading and although he doesnt have the home run threat that portis does he seems to get to the hole a lot faster. I know this wont happen but I think it would be good to try and put Portis out in the trading block and see if a team desperate for a rb like oakland or cleveland might be willing to take him in return for some d-line or a couple proven corners. I really think we would be just as good with Betts.
Betts impressed me but it was just depressing watching our oline yesterday and wondering why they haven't done it all year. They made holes big enough for Joe Gibbs to run through. Ladell was going 8 yards untouched every play, I give him some credit for finding the holes but they really were the size of jupiter.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:34 PM    (permalink

Quote:
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

No if we sign Ladell I will be a cowboys fan from then on.
Might as well order the T.O. jersey
Old 12-12-2006, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, tell me what you think of my 3 round mock for you guys.

1. Laron Landry S
2. Buster Davis ILB
3. Victor Abriamiri DE

What do you think? I think Landry would compliment Taylor nicely, giving you guys stability in the secondary, I think Davis has the instincts and intangibles of a DeMeco Ryans and is good at blitzing which is always a plus for you guys, that will allow Marshall to back up McIntosh in the WILL, he also brings leadership that your defense is missing outside of Washington. I think Abriamiri can man the LE position and bring stability to the strongside run defense, and allow Carter to play more speed rush responsibilities on the weakside.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense

1. Laron Landry S
2. Buster Davis ILB
3. Victor Abriamiri DE

What do you think? I think Landry would compliment Taylor nicely, giving you guys stability in the secondary, I think Davis has the instincts and intangibles of a DeMeco Ryans and is good at blitzing which is always a plus for you guys, that will allow Marshall to back up McIntosh in the WILL, he also brings leadership that your defense is missing outside of Washington. I think Abriamiri can man the LE position and bring stability to the strongside run defense, and allow Carter to play more speed rush responsibilities on the weakside.
Hah what a dream love it, only problem is we have no 2nd or 3rd rounder, not even a 4th for that matter. But I do like the idea of Landry because it's obvious now that Archuleta is no longer the starter after Vernon Fox has started over him the past few weeks. My guess is Arch will make to move to OLB.

Old 12-12-2006, 04:43 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dolphins picked up Robery McCune off of your guys practice squad. I know he isn't a great player, but is f'in swole.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Yeah he's one of my favorite skins although most of that is because he's a freak, but yeah he can be a nice special teams players a little old though for a 2nd year player only.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah he's one of my favorite skins although most of that is because he's a freak, but yeah he can be a nice special teams players a little old though for a 2nd year player only.
Yea all I want is some nice special teams hits from him. He is so huge.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Do any of you guys know the contract situation of Ladell Betts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Last week signed a 5 year extension worth 11 million.

Old 12-14-2006, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Wonderful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:19 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Wonderful.
Yeah, it's great.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's to a good game this Sunday, guys. No injuries... but more importantly a Saints' win! :)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Yeah good luck, I like all the Saints except Reggie Bush, I hope we end his career for the sake of the league.

Old 12-15-2006, 06:39 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Yeah good luck, I like all the Saints except Reggie Bush, I hope we end his career for the sake of the league.
Please do
Old 12-15-2006, 07:15 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

Quote:
Why?
Old 12-17-2006, 07:48 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. Laron Landry S
2. Buster Davis ILB
3. Victor Abriamiri DE

We dont need a saftey we need a corner, plus we dont have a 2nd or 3rd round pick and im not even sure if we have a 4th.
21ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 07:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST
Quote:

1. Laron Landry S
2. Buster Davis ILB
3. Victor Abriamiri DE

We dont need a saftey we need a corner, plus we dont have a 2nd or 3rd round pick and im not even sure if we have a 4th.
From what Ive read, you guys run alot of Cover 2 nowadays. I think a safety would do you more good if thats the case no? And anyway, corners are overrated and I have a hunch youre gonna get either Samuels or Clements in FA. Im honestly not too big on taking corners in the 1st, its just a personal preference of mine.

Damn, it must stink being a draft junky and a Redskins fan. You almost have nothing to look forward to on draft day.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:49 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Laron Landry S
2. Buster Davis ILB
3. Victor Abriamiri DE

From what Ive read, you guys run alot of Cover 2 nowadays. I think a safety would do you more good if thats the case no? And anyway, corners are overrated and I have a hunch youre gonna get either Samuels or Clements in FA. Im honestly not too big on taking corners in the 1st, its just a personal preference of mine.

Damn, it must stink being a draft junky and a Redskins fan. You almost have nothing to look forward to on draft day.
Well the only reason we run cover 2 is because we cant get a pass rush so the logical thing would be drafting a DE but since we dont do logical we are probly gonna draft secondary. I would be happy if we got samuels or clements and if we did sign a corner i would want us to trade down get a 2nd rounder and then draft Victor Abiamiri in the 1st and buster davis or blades in the 2nd
21ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

1. Laron Landry S
2. Buster Davis ILB
3. Victor Abriamiri DE

Well the only reason we run cover 2 is because we cant get a pass rush so the logical thing would be drafting a DE but since we dont do logical we are probly gonna draft secondary. I would be happy if we got samuels or clements and if we did sign a corner i would want us to trade down get a 2nd rounder and then draft Victor Abiamiri in the 1st and buster davis or blades in the 2nd
Sounds like a good idea. I think Woodley might be available in the 2nd, Im not sure who Id rather want, Abriamiri or Woodley. I think you need a safety to compliment Taylor though.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:28 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Here's my dream offseason:
-Move Adam Archuleta to backup OLB he sucks anyways.
-Trade down to around 25-30 and pick up a 2nd rounder and 4th.(Assuming we have a top 5 pick)
-Draft Michael Griffin
-Sign Asante Samuel
-Draft David Harris round 2
-Draft Tim Crowder round 3.
-Trade Ladell Betts for a 7th rounder and a bag of cookies.
-Fire Al Saunders

Old 12-17-2006, 10:34 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Here's my dream offseason:
-Move Adam Archuleta to backup OLB he sucks anyways.
-Trade down to around 25-30 and pick up a 2nd rounder and 4th.(Assuming we have a top 5 pick)
-Draft Michael Griffin
-Sign Asante Samuel
-Draft David Harris round 2
-Draft Tim Crowder round 3.
-Trade Ladell Betts for a 7th rounder and a bag of cookies.
-Fire Al Saunders
That offseason will hurt the redskins.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Yay go Skins!!!

Old 12-17-2006, 12:46 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yay go Skins!!!
Enjoy it while it lasts gs.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote