Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 12-17-2006, 03:44 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

w00t w00t, like the win because we have the worst drafts ever and i dont really care who we pick!

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:57 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon
Yay go Skins!!!
Enjoy it while it lasts gs.
I will, . We're gonna party like it's 2999.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:43 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's my dream offseason:
-Move Adam Archuleta to backup OLB he sucks anyways.
-Trade down to around 25-30 and pick up a 2nd rounder and 4th.(Assuming we have a top 5 pick)
-Draft Michael Griffin
-Sign Asante Samuel
-Draft David Harris round 2
-Draft Tim Crowder round 3.
-Trade Ladell Betts for a 7th rounder and a bag of cookies.
-Fire Al Saunders
Worst offseason ever...

Firing Saunders after 1 season is so stupid for so many different reasons... so i'll just pick on one. JC doesn't need to learn yet another offensive system.

Ladell Betts has been money... 4 games over the century mark and closing in on 1000 yards and you want to trade him? I'm glad we locked him up we now a one of the better Rb tandems.

We aren't going to have a top 5 pick because this team is better than that and is finally starting to figure it out.

If we get a db in FA, it's going to be clements due to the GW connection. I dont mind samuels... and honestly would prefer him since he'd probably be cheaper.

Most of the other stuff is based on trading down which i doubt we do... since that's not how this organization rolls.

I'd like to see us take Alan Branch but i don't know if he'll fall to us.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:50 AM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh moving Arch isn't going to solve much. He's not as bad as everyone is making him out to be, he's just a scapegoat due to his large salary. Really though, it's not completely arch's fault, id say it's more a failure of coaching. To paraphrase denny green, we knew who he was when we brought him in here. Seriously, who didn't know arch was bad in coverage... he was brought to blitz, and we barely blitzed him at all. Arch should have gone to the bears where he would have been used properly, but who can resist that much cash? It's definetly the more the redskins bad there than his.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay Chris Samuels is our only pro bowler!!!! Dockery deserved to go and Sean Taylor should be the #1 alternate.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:41 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

If the Redskins were to trade Portis, what kind of draft pick would we be looking at?
Old 12-19-2006, 11:51 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 1st's...minimum. Atleast.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:07 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown
If the Redskins were to trade Portis, what kind of draft pick would we be looking at?
probly a 2nd and we couldnt even trade him right now because he wouldnt be able to pass a physical
21ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:07 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST
Quote:
probly a 2nd and we couldnt even trade him right now because he wouldnt be able to pass a physical
I was going to say a second also. What are the chances he will be traded in the offseason? Is that likely because I have just been hearing random talks, nothing serious about it.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was going to say a second also. What are the chances he will be traded in the offseason? Is that likely because I have just been hearing random talks, nothing serious about it.
No way in the world. Maybe we could trade Ladell for a pile of Spit. I will only trade Clinton Portis for Chris McCalister and Adalius Thomas.

Old 12-22-2006, 04:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I wanna draft PWillie.

Old 12-23-2006, 12:50 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

Quote:
I wanna draft PWillie.
he is pretty lovely :)

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 12-23-2006, 01:03 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My scoop on the skins.

- Stop this trading Portis bull crap. Remember when Portis was healthy, and Betts would come in for a play and look like crap? Well now Betts looks good, why you ask? Watch for ONE second our offensive lines play. You can drive a truck through these holes Samuels and Dockery are opening on the left side. Imagine if we get into this rythm at the start of 2007 and have Portis instead of Betts running it, scary thought. If I were to consider trading a running back it would be Ladell for a low 2nd round pick if I got lucky.

- Jason Campbell is playing great, will continue to learn Al's offense and will build better timing with the recievers and grasp a better mental aspect of the offense this offseason.

- The D-R-A-F-T. Many Redskin front office scouts will ask "Whats a draft?" well its a procedure in which we add young depth and help to our team through choosing players on the collegite level to enter the National Football League. I have a couple ideas of where we will draft, but this is very premature considering I will have to wait and see what we do as far as free agency goes and aquiring needs. As of now,

*Defensive End - Phillip Daniels and Renaldo Whynn are both over 30 and we lack a true pass rusher. Although, Andre Carter has been improving a lot in the past couple of weeks.

*Cornerback - Shawn Springs will most likely not be here in D.C another year if we can't restructure his contract. It is reported that he has already told a couple teammates goodbye because he probable won't be here next year. *cough* draft Leon Hall *cough*

*Middle linebacker - This is a need that isn't that big of a deal. Lemar Marshall just turned 30 but is still playing well and knows the defense well and audiables it for us like the QB of the defense. Although, in the later rounds we might pick a MLB.

You ask, why not a defensive tackle?! I say, Kedric Golston was a steal in the 2006 draft. The kid is playing excellect, plenty of pass deflections, he pressure the QB and stuffs the run.

Play the Rams this sunday, I think we got a good shot at this one, c'mon Gibbs give them hell.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:01 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFootball
My scoop on the skins.

- Stop this trading Portis bull crap. Remember when Portis was healthy, and Betts would come in for a play and look like crap? Well now Betts looks good, why you ask? Watch for ONE second our offensive lines play. You can drive a truck through these holes Samuels and Dockery are opening on the left side. Imagine if we get into this rythm at the start of 2007 and have Portis instead of Betts running it, scary thought. If I were to consider trading a running back it would be Ladell for a low 2nd round pick if I got lucky.

- Jason Campbell is playing great, will continue to learn Al's offense and will build better timing with the recievers and grasp a better mental aspect of the offense this offseason.

- The D-R-A-F-T. Many Redskin front office scouts will ask "Whats a draft?" well its a procedure in which we add young depth and help to our team through choosing players on the collegite level to enter the National Football League. I have a couple ideas of where we will draft, but this is very premature considering I will have to wait and see what we do as far as free agency goes and aquiring needs. As of now,

*Defensive End - Phillip Daniels and Renaldo Whynn are both over 30 and we lack a true pass rusher. Although, Andre Carter has been improving a lot in the past couple of weeks.

*Cornerback - Shawn Springs will most likely not be here in D.C another year if we can't restructure his contract. It is reported that he has already told a couple teammates goodbye because he probable won't be here next year. *cough* draft Leon Hall *cough*

*Middle linebacker - This is a need that isn't that big of a deal. Lemar Marshall just turned 30 but is still playing well and knows the defense well and audiables it for us like the QB of the defense. Although, in the later rounds we might pick a MLB.

You ask, why not a defensive tackle?! I say, Kedric Golston was a steal in the 2006 draft. The kid is playing excellect, plenty of pass deflections, he pressure the QB and stuffs the run.

Play the Rams this sunday, I think we got a good shot at this one, c'mon Gibbs give them hell.
Thank you finally someone who agrees that Betts isn't worth anymore than a 7th rounder and a bag of chips. I mean the line has been so great as of late that Betts is going atleast 5 yards everyplay without being touched. With Portis's speed it would be 10 yards before he would get touched. Also we need to trade down to around #15-20 where we can get a shot of PWillie, Revis, Moses, or Griffin while picking up an extra draft pick, but knowing us we won't do that and might reach on some guy who I don't like that much like Moses if Leon and Gaines are gone.

Old 12-23-2006, 09:29 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say we trade down in the draft pick up a 2nd and draft Moses and Buster Davis
Old 12-23-2006, 02:18 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
I say we trade down in the draft pick up a 2nd and draft Moses and Buster Davis
We don't draft DE's 1st round!!! :D

Old 12-24-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Oh well. :?

But if we beat the Giants next week and eliminate them from the playoffs this year will feel great.

Old 12-24-2006, 05:54 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:

But if we beat the Giants next week and eliminate them from the playoffs this year will feel great.
You guys NEED to beat the Giants next week. Every Pack fan on the planet will be rooting for you.

You think you can win?
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Quote:

You guys NEED to beat the Giants next week. Every Pack fan on the planet will be rooting for you.

You think you can win?
Helping the Pack doesn't motivate me much :D , but eliminating the Giants would be a dream come true. But yeah I think we can beat them we have a lot of guys playing to stay here next year so we will be ready, plus last game Brandon Jacobs talked crap about Gibbs saying he's a dirty coach so we will knock him out.

Old 12-25-2006, 02:18 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

How would you guys like this offseason plan

1st and foremost make ladell betts offical water boy now the the other stuff

CUTS

Warrick Holdman

Shawn Springs

Todd Collins

David Patten

RESIGN

Derrick Dockery

REDO CONTRACT

Clinton Portis

FREE AGENCY

Asante Samule CB

Dris Dielman OG

London Fletcher MLB

DRAFT

Trade down with the with the new york jets and get their 24th overall pick and their 48th overall pick for our 6th overall pick. Then we switch picks with the broncos and get there 25th overall because of the Duckett trade and that means we get to keep our 3rd round pick :D

1st round 25th pick- Victor Abimiri DE Notre Dame

We have all been wating for this and it finally comes, we get our pass rushing DE and he can also play the run. He is a great pass rusher with a ton of experience and knows how to make big plays.

2nd round 48th pick- Buster Davis MLB FSU

Would be our future at MLB, he would learn under Fletcher for a year and be ready. An absolute monster, yeah he is a reliable tackler and is good at blitzing and good in coverage but best of all he is very very football smart and is an excellent leader and playmaker. He is a best on special teams which is where he will spend his first year.

3rd round 70th pick- Kareem Brown DT Miami

We fill our hurricane quota... but really he is a monster and a huge plug in the inside at 6'5 315 he has real special potential and will do well in the begining with our DT rotation and should be a force along with Golston for many years to come.

4th round 102 pick- Tony Ugoh OT Arkansas

We not only need alittle depth along the O-line, but we gotta start lookin at the future, Samules has that chronic knee problem and Jansen is becoming very injury prone so this is a great pick and great value. Ugoh is a very underrated prospect and fits the mold of our team very well. Could also be moved inside if needed

5th round 134th pick- Willis Barringer S Michigain

A guy that could come in and be ryan clark like. Besides sean taylor we dont have another starter at saftey and he has alot of potential and in a year or 2 could taker over and start at SS.

6th round 166th pick- Justin Rascati QB James Madison

The future back up for Jason Campbell and should be pretty good at it. Good size and he also is pretty quick and light on his feet.

7th round pick- Darnell Jenkins WR Miami

why not
Old 12-25-2006, 03:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Love it although not sure if we have a 4th or even 5th rounder.

Old 12-25-2006, 09:36 PM    (permalink
King Rhabuf
Rookie

King Rhabuf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think Buster will be available that late.

Same with Kareem Brown
Old 12-25-2006, 10:49 PM    (permalink
King Rhabuf
Rookie

King Rhabuf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Also, did you guys see how pooly Sean Taylor played yesterday? Wow

Two missed coverages that led to tds (bruce and byrd)

Multiple missed tackles, especially two on steven jackson that led to tds, one being the game winner

im a big fan of his but he really hasnt played well in some games
Old 12-26-2006, 08:53 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rhabuf
Also, did you guys see how pooly Sean Taylor played yesterday? Wow

Two missed coverages that led to tds (bruce and byrd)

Multiple missed tackles, especially two on steven jackson that led to tds, one being the game winner

im a big fan of his but he really hasnt played well in some games
It's only cause the dumb media is so against him and point out every single thing he does wrong every single play. While Roy Williams gets burned for a TD yesterday and Troy P got burned on a 50 yard TD by Mark Clayton, and then again on a 33 yard TD to Demetrius Williams both in 1 on 1 coverage and no one says anything about him especially being a non deserving pro bowler.

Old 12-26-2006, 09:29 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Love it although not sure if we have a 4th or even 5th rounder.
The only thing i know for sure is we have a 4th