Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
The Rams must suck pretty bad then, since Josh Brown beat them twice last year.
We have the 32nd best defense in the league. Hell, I think the Frankfurt Galaxy of NFL Euorpa have a better defense than us.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My picks as of now -

1. St. Louis Rams

Is this a great team? No. But this could be a good team. The offense should be one of the best, particularly if the OL improves. There's a lot of pieces for Olson (and Linehan), and Bulger's steadiness should maximize it. Defensively, I see a lot to like. Carriker's discipline should help inside, so if they could get Wroten going, there should be options. Hall should help off the edges. The secondary should be improved a bit. Improved DT play will help a lot on that D, and I like this squad.

2. Seattle Seahawks

Nothing really against the Seahawks, I just like the Rams a bit better. Can they get strong intermediate play from their TE's to match up with their guys outside? Will Shaun stay healthy for the whole year? The secondary depth is better, but the corner options go into the year with a question mark. But the key is arguably the play up front. Will Kerney stay healthy, and will Tubbs be there? IMO, Tubbs is the key to that defense, even if he is in a rotation. The reports of him being in shape have to be a positive sign, though.

3. San Francisco 49ers

I like the Niners. A lot. A lot of good young talent. It's a division that has gotten better, though. Losing Norv Turner was a big blow. Will the offense continue to click? That's a lot of savvy and experience that's lost. Will a lead receiver step up and/or Vernon Davis improve? What's the makeup of the OL? Can they increase the defensive pressure to protect against a vertical attack, as I still wonder about the safety play for this upcoming season?

4. Arizona Cardinals

Like SF, I like this team, it's just, I'm not sure if they are there yet. I love Russ Grimm, so I have blind faith that the OL should be fine ... but ... it's not as if the talent on the OL jumps outs at you. Can the run game get better? Edge isn't getting any younger. How will Leinart do with a new system? Can they get consistent production out of Johnson again and/or improved production from the TE? The bigger questions, though, are on defense, due to all the talk about a hybrid scheme. I just wonder if they have the personnel to jump around. They need consistent anchoring inside, even in the 4-3. Will another LB step up? Hood/Holt are nice and gave them draft flexibility, but they aren't great, and overall CB improvement is needed.

I could, in all honesty, see any of these 4 teams win the division.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Toonster picked us to win the division, we are winning the division period. And we are gonna beat the Buffalo Bills 30-28 on a last second field goal by Jeff Wilkins in Miami to win super bowl 42.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Toonster picked us to win the division, we are winning the division period. And we are gonna beat the Buffalo Bills 30-28 on a last second field goal by Jeff Wilkins in Miami to win super bowl 42.
MONEY!! $$$$
Old 06-05-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
We must get you some help Son

Last edited by Shiver : 06-08-2007 at 12:55 AM.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post

We must get you some help Son
I've been to some, they are helping.

Last edited by Shiver : 06-08-2007 at 12:55 AM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

1. 49ers
2. Rams
3. Cards
4. Seahawks

yup... thats what I'm calling.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief49er View Post
1. 49ers
2. Rams
3. Cards
4. Seahawks

yup... thats what I'm calling.
I can handle that.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
23trufant
Rookie

23trufant hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Seahawks - 11-5 (NFC/Superbowl Champs)
Rams - 9-7
49ers - 8-8
Cardinals - 7-9

thanks Bengals1690
23trufant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23trufant View Post
Rams - 9-7
49ers - 8-8
Cardinals - 7-9
AHAHAHA. My thoughts on that list mirror my thoughts on Yodachu's predictions, but I can't post the same response because apparently that promotes illegal activity! This is going to be one hell of a division battle this year.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Phrost

49ers = OVerrated.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
49ers = OVerrated.
49ers-- 7-9 in 2006. At least 7 new starters added (5 D, 2 O) adding up to maybe 3 more wins, for a 10-6 record (which is about as high as you'll see anyone pick them). So, overrated how, exactly?

And they weren't that far from a better record in 06, either. They fell literally one inch short of 8-8 in St. Louis, and might have been 9-7 if Gore hadn't fumbled in the red zone against the Eagles, which was returned by Philly for a touchdown resulting in a 14 point swing. Philadelphia won the game by 14 points exactly, I think.

Time will tell, bro, but I think you're going to be in for a surprise.

Last edited by stl9erfan : 06-08-2007 at 06:22 PM.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl9erfan View Post
49ers-- 7-9 in 2006. At least 7 new starters added (5 D, 2 O) adding up to maybe 3 more wins, for a 10-6 record (which is about as high as you'll see anyone pick them). So, overrated how, exactly?

And they weren't that far from a better record in 06, either. They fell literally one inch short of 8-8 in St. Louis, and might have been 9-7 if Gore hadn't fumbled in the red zone against the Eagles, which was returned by Philly for a touchdown resulting in a 14 point swing. Philadelphia won the game by 14 points exactly, I think.

I was kiddin, just seein what peeps would say. Anyways if Smith can step up another level again...look out.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

The Niners also didn't have any big time injuries last year which is unusal, they won't get that lucky again. Another reason they are overrated is that their record does not indicate there level of play. They were 24th in points scored and dead last in points against. Simply put, that would not normally indicate a 7-9 record, or in other words they were lucky to finish 7-9. Their points differential was worse than the Cards, Redskins, Vikings, Lions, Dolphins, and Texans.............. or worse than every team but the Bucs, Raiders, and Browns. All those things make it very evident that the Niners played far beyond their means last year, meaning they lucked out to go 7-9.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23trufant View Post
Rams - 9-7
49ers - 8-8
Cardinals - 7-9
Sorry but the Seahawks are on their way down. This is wrong... I wouldnt be surprised if they are last in the division.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
The Niners also didn't have any big time injuries last year which is unusal, they won't get that lucky again. Another reason they are overrated is that their record does not indicate there level of play. They were 24th in points scored and dead last in points against. Simply put, that would not normally indicate a 7-9 record, or in other words they were lucky to finish 7-9. Their points differential was worse than the Cards, Redskins, Vikings, Lions, Dolphins, and Texans.............. or worse than every team but the Bucs, Raiders, and Browns. All those things make it very evident that the Niners played far beyond their means last year, meaning they lucked out to go 7-9.
On the points scored/points against: Yes, but take a closer look at the games. A lot of those stats are so out of whack because the Niners were a young team, and when they got down against good teams, things snowballed. Take out absolute blowouts against the Bears, Chargers, and Chiefs at Arrowhead and the Niners' numbers would be a lot more respectable.

Also, all those particular losses occurred before a major midseason shakeup that saw SF's defense really improve when Brandon Moore and Keith Lewis were inserted into the starting lineup. So all things considered, those numbers don't really tell the whole story.

And other than those numbers your big argument is that guys are going to get hurt? Who exactly? The Niners had their fair share of injuries last year-- mostly along the offensive line and at TE, where depth was just really good. So that's really what I think you were seeing. Not so much that nobody on the team got hurt, just that their replacements did their jobs and did them well.

Last edited by stl9erfan : 06-09-2007 at 12:58 AM.
stl9erfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Rams 10-6
49ers 9-7
Seahawks 7-9
Cardinals 6-10
Old 06-09-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
On the points scored/points against: Yes, but take a closer look at the games. A lot of those stats are so out of whack because the Niners were a young team, and when they got down against good teams, things snowballed. Take out absolute blowouts against the Bears, Chargers, and Chiefs at Arrowhead and the Niners' numbers would be a lot more respectable.

Also, all those particular losses occurred before a major midseason shakeup that saw SF's defense really improve when Brandon Moore and Keith Lewis were inserted into the starting lineup. So all things considered, those numbers don't really tell the whole story.

And other than those numbers your big argument is that guys are going to get hurt? Who exactly? The Niners had their fair share of injuries last year-- mostly along the offensive line and at TE, where depth was just really good. So that's really what I think you were seeing. Not so much that nobody on the team got hurt, just that their replacements did their jobs and did them well.
I'm sorry, but I don't like going with that kind of logic. Any team can say, "Hey, if you take out these games here and here, and maybe a few more plays in these few games we'd be looking at the playoffs." Even when you take out those three games the Niners still gave up more points than they scored.

Now lets use the same logic with the Rams. First off, the two games against Seattle, losing on last second 50+ yard FG's. Well lets just say Brown misses those, then BAM the Rams are 10-6, but wait there's more. Now lets take out the Chargers, Chiefs, Panthers, Cardinals, and Bears losses which were each 14 or 15 point losses. Well after that the Rams all the sudden have a points differential of 279 scored to 221 against. But lets just take out three games like you did, which will all be in far closer games with 15 point losses to the Bears and Panthers, then one of the 14 point losses and the Rams are plus 30 points differential.

I can understand that Niners fans are excited because they are certainly headed in the right direction. But lets not get ahead of ourselves here. The defense was god awful last year. Alex Smith made great strides last year compared to his rookie year, but that is mostly because he was so incredibly terrible his rookie year that anything besides that would look amazing. I will give him credit for not being horrendous last year, but his QB rating was still only good for 22nd. He is going to have to be one of the top 10 QB's in the league for the Niners to have any kind of shot, because I'm sorry, but the additions of Clements, Banta-Cain, Willis, and Michael Lewis aren't going to be enough to make that defense good. I predict that their defense will still be one of the worst in the league, the lower third of the league I'll say.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but I'm just warning Niners fans, and Cardinals fans while I'm at it, that the higher the expectations you have the bigger the disappoinment will be.

Rams- 10-6 to 11-5
Seattle- 8-8 to 10-6
Arizona and San Fran 5-11 to 7-9

Old 06-09-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

Dude, you're not really listening. That D that earned the horrible point differential, etc. shares almost nothing in common with the D that will be taking the field this year.

1) Of the LBs who began the year in 06 as starters, only Lawson returns, and Manny made big strides down the stretch and will be given more opportunities to rush the passer this year.

2) Of the DBs that started the year last year, only 2 will be returning (Roman and Harris-- Roman was decent, Harris was a pro bowler).

3) Along the DL, there will most likely be only one returning starter-- Bryant Young.

So yeah, what I'm saying is your stats would have more bearing on this year if they were actually relevant to this years players-- to make things easier on you, we're talking about a revamping similar to what happened with the Rams between the 2000 and 2001 seasons. There could very well be 7 new starters on that side of the ball. And there will be two new starters at the team's worst offensive position in 2006, WR.

7-9 was our record in 2006, and based on the team's overall level of play, I'd say that was about as well as they played. They lost a few ugly games against good teams, and they won a few games they probably shouldn't have (Seattle once, and Denver). But they also lost a few games they should have probably won-- that's the kind of thing that happens with young teams. Overall, though, to say that the Niners haven't improved to the point where an extra win or two is just ridiculous.

Oh, and I expect Alex Smith to continue improving as well. That's just the kind of workaholic QB he is-- every offseason he has and every game he plays he's going to get better and better because of his maniacal work habits. And for the first time in his playing career, he gets to play in the same offense for two years in a row. And he finally has some decent targets to throw to.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

All this mumbo jumbo is crap, time will tell.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going with reverse logic. Cardinals go 1-15, now we're gonna make the playoffs.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
GSOT
Rookie

GSOT hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Will the offense measure up to the 'Greatest Show On Turf?'

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...F?OpenDocument

Barring unexpected developments, Rams quarterback Marc Bulger will line up under center Sept. 10 for the first snap of the regular season surrounded by teammates who have produced 35,742 yards and 217 touchdowns in the National Football League.

Those are eye-popping numbers, perhaps unsurpassed throughout the 32-team league. It breaks down like this:

Wide receiver Isaac Bruce: 887 receptions, 13,376 yards and 80 touchdowns in 13 seasons.

Wide receiver Torry Holt: 712 receptions, 10,675 yards and 64 touchdowns in eight seasons.

Wide receiver Drew Bennett: 273 receptions, 4,033 yards and 25 touchdowns in six seasons.

Tight end Randy McMichael: 283 receptions, 3,096 yards and 18 touchdowns in five seasons.

Running back Steven Jackson: 4,562 total yards and 30 touchdowns in three seasons.

Bulger is no slouch himself, with 16,233 passing yards and 95 touchdown passes in six seasons.

It adds up to this: The Rams could be headed for their most explosive season offensively since the "Greatest Show on Turf" tore up the league.

"I'm real excited about the things we're going to be able to hopefully do," coach Scott Linehan said during preparations for this week's full-squad minicamp. "But the bottom line is, we've got to go out and do it."

The Rams led the NFL in total offense and scoring in 1999, 2000 and 2001. With "mad scientist" Mike Martz whipping up an innovative recipe, Kurt Warner at the controls, supplemented by wideouts Bruce, Holt and Az-Zahir Hakim, plus Marshall Faulk at running back, the Rams became the first team in league history to roll up at least 500 points in three consecutive seasons.

Two Super Bowl trips, and one league championship were the results.

The luster began to fade in 2002, when the first in a succession of injuries began to diminish Warner's effectiveness. Bulger started the last seven games that season, and became the full-time starter in '03. Warner was released in June 2004.

Still, the Rams never dipped lower than ninth in the league in total offense in the five seasons (2002-06) that followed their Super Bowl loss to New England. They wound up sixth last year, Linehan's first season after succeeding Martz as head coach.

But over those five years, the team posted just one winning record. It was plagued by feeble special-teams play and a defense that, after ranking third (1999) and seventh (2001) in the Super Bowl seasons, dipped dramatically.

The Rams tumbled to 13th in total defense in 2002, 17th in '03, 19th in '04 and 30th in '05. Under new coordinator Jim Haslett, they moved up to 23rd last year.

Despite that improvement, the rebuilding of the defense is in its infancy. So the team set out in the offseason to beef up the offense even further.

"I don't think we were too shabby a year ago," said Linehan, a former quarterback and offensive coordinator. "But I think we've made a lot of strides."

During free agency, the Rams signed Bennett and McMichael. Wide receiver/returner Dante Hall was obtained from Kansas City for a fifth-round draft pick. In the draft, they selected Rutgers running back Brian Leonard in the second round.

Lost from the unit were free-agent wideouts Kevin Curtis and Shaun McDonald, who combined for 242 catches, 2,929 yards and 18 touchdowns over four seasons with the Rams. But Linehan wanted taller targets, especially for red-zone situations. The 6-5 Bennett and the 6-3 McMichael fill that bill.

McMichael not only averaged nearly 60 catches at Miami, he plugs another hole: a veteran tight end who can block effectively on passing and running plays.

"We've added good production in Drew and Randy, guys that have experience in the league and also success with the teams they were with before," offensive coordinator Greg Olson said. "We've got a lot of guys that are going to want the ball. And that's a good problem to have."

All the parts

The new faces aren't the only reason for optimism. These carry-over components also are key:

Linehan no longer being a rookie head coach.

"Guys are going to be that much more comfortable with the offense and with the coaching staff," tackle Orlando Pace said. "That's going to make everybody's job a lot easier."

Olson calling the plays for the second season (he took over for Linehan for the final six games last year).

"I've got a good feel now for what Scott wants to see and wants from me," Olson said. "There's just an overall comfort feeling."

Bulger's steady improvement. He posted career bests last year in completions (370), passing yards (4,301), touchdown passes (24) and interceptions (eight).

"Obviously, he's a huge part of it," Olson said. "If he could match those numbers, or even have bigger numbers, that would be a plus."

Jackson's ascension into the upper echelon of running backs after piling up a league-leading 2,334 yards from scrimmage last season, the fifth-highest total in NFL history.

"Steven can pretty much do all the roles," Linehan said. "He's our feature back, but he became a very effective short-yardage player."

A young offensive line that showed strong signs of promise late last season and will be bolstered by the return from injury of veterans Pace and Andy McCollum.

"I think this is the best offensive line we've had since I've been here," Jackson said. "They definitely came on, and they're hungry. You can see that."

So, the parts appear to be in place. Still, before talk of a "Greatest Show on Turf II" gets too heated, Bulger provided some perspective.

"You hate to put the expectations too high or just assume things," he said. "That group before was pretty good."

Then, with a smile spreading, he added: "But the potential's there."
GSOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

zzzZZZzzz... wonder if anyone read all that crap?

Fossils?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:51 AM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief49er View Post
zzzZZZzzz... wonder if anyone read all that crap?

Fossils?
Yeahhh, fossils.

Bulger- 30
Jackson- 23
Bennett- 28
Bruce- 34
Holt- 31
McMichael- 27

Some may say that is fossil age, but other people would prefer to those ages as primes. The only player in that group that isn't in the prime of their careers (not as good now as they once were) is Bruce, and he'd still be by far the best WR on the Niners. While 34 is not young, it is definitely not old, seeing as great WR's can play into their late 30's. Harrison is also 34 and you don't hear people grumbling about his age. Just because being a Niners fan you keep hearing these same names year in and year out doesn't mean they're old, it just means they've been on the same team for a while and you assume they must be old.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:49 AM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

A 34 year old Bruce over D-Jack? Sorry, I don't think many non-Ram fans would be cool with that.

I'll admit the Niner WR corps is largely unproven. But there are some solid vets there and some young guys with potential. It's a position that could be improving a lot this year.

Plus, there's Vernon and Delanie Walker (remember that name other NFC West fans, he's SF's secret weapon) at TE, and Frank Gore at RB to take some of the pressure off the WRs to make plays. And with a very good, very deep OL and Smith's mobility, there should be plenty of time to find the open receiver.