Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:04 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Toonster picked us to win the division, we are winning the division period. And we are gonna beat the Buffalo Bills 30-28 on a last second field goal by Jeff Wilkins in Miami to win super bowl 42.

I'd probably die from laughter if Josh Brown was traded to the BIlls and he kicked the game winner to beat your team.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Seahawks: 12-4
Rams: 8-8
49ers: 6-10
Cards: 5-11

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every year there's a new team in the NFC West that's picked to win for some reason.

I don't buy it, I'm going with Seattle again because its still the most talented, most well coached team in the divison.

Old 06-11-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
Seahawks: 12-4
Rams: 8-8
49ers: 6-10
Cards: 5-11
that's pretty homeristic
Old 06-11-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I'd probably die from laughter if Josh Brown was traded to the BIlls and he kicked the game winner to beat your team.
I would jump off a bridge if that happened

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
that's pretty homeristic
This entire thread is pure homer, I just thought I'd pitch in.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rainbeaukid2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
This entire thread is pure homer, I just thought I'd pitch in.
ok then, in that case.

niners 13-3
seahawks 4-12
rams 2-12
cards 1-15
Old 06-11-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ok then, in that case.

niners 13-3
seahawks 4-12
rams 2-12
cards 1-15
Come on man! How are we going to lose 3 games?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
baltimore, new orleans, and cinci are iffy, so that record is worst case scenario
Old 06-11-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Alright, well I guess I'm done trying to save Niners and Cardinals fans some embarassment and disappointment. Sure they appear to be headed in the right direction, but come on people. Alex Smith had an insane improvement last year, and you know where that insane improvement catapulted him to, 22nd in QB rating. People need to slow their roll before talking like he is gonna be Carson Palmer or Peyton. As for the Cardinals, I said last year that simply being the Cardinals is a good enough reason to say they will suck. People said I was ridiculous last year, and look what happened, the Cardinals sucked. If you want a reason though, the main one is the O-line, or lack thereof.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fine then.....

Rams 6-10 :)
Cardinals 3-12-1*
49ers 2-13-1**
Seahawks 0-16

*-2 wins against the Seahawks and 1 against the Niners and a tie against the Niners.

**-2 wins against the Seahawks and a tie against the Cardinals.

:)-6 wins against the division.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
baltimore, new orleans, and cinci are iffy, so that record is worst case scenario
No offense but you guys don't stand a chance against Carolina or Atlanta if they've got Vick either.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No offense but you guys don't stand a chance against Carolina or Atlanta if they've got Vick either.
No offense taken since the joke apparently is on you. We just screw around with sarcasm in the NFC West thread. Now go take your serious takes back to the NFC South thread and tell everyone how we all agreed that Carolina would go 0-16 this year.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:14 AM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
Alright, well I guess I'm done trying to save Niners and Cardinals fans some embarassment and disappointment. Sure they appear to be headed in the right direction, but come on people. Alex Smith had an insane improvement last year, and you know where that insane improvement catapulted him to, 22nd in QB rating. People need to slow their roll before talking like he is gonna be Carson Palmer or Peyton.
No one's saying he's going to be Carson or Peyton in 07. But you make a good point, he really developed a lot in 06. Moreover, he kept getting better as the year went on with some really good play down the stretch (against Denver and Seattle most notably). So why, exactly, is his "insane" development going to necessarily stop? True, Norv is now with the Chargers, but I don't think Alex's development in his second year was entirely based on Norv's presence. Sure, it helped, but a lot of it was due to his second year taking snaps under center and familiarity with the speed of the game/the pro style of offense.

We're not saying he's going to be great-- we're saying we expect him to improve, again, along with a lot of the other young players (Vernon Davis, Manny Lawson, young OL Snyder and Baas, etc.) and that this, coupled with free agent additions, is going to be enough to get the Niners 2-3 more wins this year, putting them in the 9-7 or 10-6 range.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Niners 10-6 - Good coaching combined with improved personnel, we're done rebuilding. There ready to take the next step.

Seahawks 9-7- Will be in a pretty close race with the Niners also season, I think the fall just short and get a wildcard spot.

Rams 7-9- Who can't run on there defense? - Overrated

Cards 5-11- Same old Cardinals until proven other wise.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

Seahawks 3-13
Old 06-12-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
No offense taken since the joke apparently is on you. We just screw around with sarcasm in the NFC West thread. Now go take your serious takes back to the NFC South thread and tell everyone how we all agreed that Carolina would go 0-16 this year.
I apologize for not reading the rest of the thread, but next time, try not to act like an asshole.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I apologize for not reading the rest of the thread, but next time, try not to act like an asshole.
Ahaha. No problem. I think you're still not getting it.

Old 06-15-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Ahaha. No problem. I think you're still not getting it.
Yeah, you're just not getting it you silly NFC South fan. Anyone who knows anything about anything knows that that NFC West is going to prove to be the greatest division in NFL history, somehow getting 4 playoff teams. That's right, FOUR!!!

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
rainbeaukid2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
Yeah, you're just not getting it you silly NFC South fan. Anyone who knows anything about anything knows that that NFC West is going to prove to be the greatest division in NFL history, somehow getting 4 playoff teams. That's right, FOUR!!!
ya, 4 teams! ok, maybe only 3 cuz the cardinals still suck
Old 06-15-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
23trufant
Rookie

23trufant hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why all the hate for the Seahawks?

thanks Bengals1690
23trufant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
23trufant
Rookie

23trufant hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief49er View Post
Sorry but the Seahawks are on their way down. This is wrong... I wouldnt be surprised if they are last in the division.

The Seahawks won the division last year with Matt Hasselback and Shaun Alexander missing alot of time, and playing with injuries alot. Hasselbeck missed 4 games and was playing through the injury in probably 4 other games. Shaun Alexander missed like 8 games and tbe crack in his foot was there from like week 6 to the end of the season. Deion Branch never got on the same page with Hasselbeck because he did not get to the team til week 3 then Hasselbeck got the injuries. I exect the line also to play far better than last year. I think the entire O will play better. The D should be better next season as well. The addition of Kerney should help the Dline and Tapp should be better in his 2nd season. If Tubbs can stay healthy that would be a huge help, but thats unlikely. The LBs have got to be a top 5 group in the NFL, Peterson, Tatupu, Hill. The secondary has been cause for concern but with some nice additions in the offseason, I think Seattle should be fine. Trufant will hopefully live up to his potential, Kelly Jennings should improve in his second year, Josh Wilson should provide some depth. Jordan Babineaux is reallyt underrated and plays all around the secondary with some new Safties signed he will probably help the CBs out. Deon Grant and Brian Russell are slated to start and they should be an upgrade, atleast in coverage. Seahawks have great Saftey depth with Michael Boulware, Mike Green, and possibly Babineaux.

thanks Bengals1690
23trufant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23trufant View Post
Why all the hate for the Seahawks?
They are the champs and we are not, so we are in a way, jealous little bastards.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
RedAttack
Rookie

RedAttack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
ya, 4 teams! ok, maybe only 3 cuz the cardinals still suck
Least we forget?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...50264238875744

Still good enough to own your team 4 times in a row. Talk is cheap, you haven't proven anything yet.

Last edited by RedAttack : 06-16-2007 at 06:20 PM.
RedAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAttack View Post
Least we forget?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...50264238875744

Still good enough to own your team 4 times in a row. Talk is cheap, you haven't proven anything yet.
lol, the video's epic music to underscore Arizona beating an eventual 7-9 team is pretty ridiculous. You'd think they were crushing the playoff hopes of the Patriots or Colts or something.

The fact that the Cardinals have won the last four doesn't concern me that much. The defense should be better able to match up with the big receivers now with an improved secondary and pass rush, and if the offense continues to improve, SF should at least be able to get a season split.