Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-14-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I love this regime. I don't hate any of the signings or the monetary amounts. The deal had to be high thanks to the cap skyrocketing next year. I mean Wright signed for 7.5/yr that's funny money. I'll spend 2.5 more and actually get a quality CB. If you told me coming into FA that we could have Carr for the same price as Finnegan I wouldn't of hesitated in grabbing Carr.

Vicker's contract better be reasonable (i.e. less than Fiammetta's tender).
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Finally!!!!!!!!!

LOVE IT!!! The money is right on.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Wow. I love this regime. I don't hate any of the signings or the monetary amounts. The deal had to be high thanks to the cap skyrocketing next year. I mean Wright signed for 7.5/yr that's funny money. I'll spend 2.5 more and actually get a quality CB. If you told me coming into FA that we could have Carr for the same price as Finnegan I wouldn't of hesitated in grabbing Carr.

Vicker's contract better be reasonable (i.e. less than Fiammetta's tender).
I was fearing it would be closer to $11-12M per year.

Today is a great day.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I was fearing it would be closer to $11-12M per year.

Today is a great day.
Agreed. After seeing Finnegan's contract...

Great contract. Great offseason. Better than I could of imagined.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey D-Unit:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...ior-line-depth

Quote:
What the Bernadeau signing means is the Cowboys will most likely draft a guard or center in the first or second round. Jason Garrett likes to talk about creating competition and he's doing that today by adding Bernadeau, a younger but experienced interior lineman to a team that has a weakness in that area.
Never doubt me man. I'm always right!

Anyway, now with Carr signed, I think they team is probably done besides trying to get Robinson back. That would be the icing on the cake, but if we can't bring him back this was still a great free agency.

Eagles did nothing, Giants got Marty B, and the Redskins ridiculously overpaid for Pierre Garcon who in my eyes is a JAG who Peyton made look good before his injury. Nice story from a D3 school, but he doesn't scare me at all.

DeCastro in the 1st, best available front 7 player in the 2nd, best secondary player in the 3rd and this team is drastically improved.

Also, tweet from Jason Hatcher:

Quote:
just met @BCarr39.. Great guy.. Glad we got him..
LOVE IT!
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh happy day
Old 03-14-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woot woot!!!!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Hey D-Unit:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...ior-line-depth

Never doubt me man. I'm always right!

Anyway, now with Carr signed, I think they team is probably done besides trying to get Robinson back. That would be the icing on the cake, but if we can't bring him back this was still a great free agency.

Eagles did nothing, Giants got Marty B, and the Redskins ridiculously overpaid for Pierre Garcon who in my eyes is a JAG who Peyton made look good before his injury. Nice story from a D3 school, but he doesn't scare me at all.

DeCastro in the 1st, best available front 7 player in the 2nd, best secondary player in the 3rd and this team is drastically improved.

Also, tweet from Jason Hatcher:

LOVE IT!
I'm not doubting that the Cowboys would still go for DeCastro.... it would play right into Mock draft. But Mack is a RG. I said he could replace Kosier right now.

Now that we have Carr... CB isn't a 1st round need. The more I think about it, the best thing I think we should do is trade down in Round 1.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not doubting that the Cowboys would still go for DeCastro.... it would play right into Mock draft. But Mack is a RG. I said he could replace Kosier right now.

Now that we have Carr... CB isn't a 1st round need. The more I think about it, the best thing I think we should do is trade down in Round 1.
Agreed. I like DeCastro a lot but would much rather have an extra second. The talent in this draft is deeper than usual but the creme is much less talented in our needs IMHO.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ahhhh. Finisher you don't need to go into exile!
Never doubted it for a moment
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vickers is inked. wow
Old 03-14-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

Quote:
Cowboys signed FB Lawrence Vickers, formerly of the Texans.
This signing bodes poorly for restricted free agent Tony Fiammmetta's future in Dallas after the two sides were unable to reach agreement on a long-term deal early in the week. We believe the 29-year-old Vickers would be a slight downgrade on Fiammetta as a lead blocker if he does take over as the starter.
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football
Old 03-14-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was pretty much a dream free agency. I would've loved Carl Nicks, but hey this was good enough. It was a super big spending spree which usually ends up making people predict superbowl and the team always dissapoints either (like the eagles last year). It was perfect.

Carr might not be Revis, but he's a good player and it's a good signing. Bernedeau provides a young veteran on the interior OL who may develop into a starter and at worst is great depth. Vickers is a hell of a fullback, and Orton is probably the best back-up QB in the league.

I love it.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Dan Connor and Kellen Davis next?
Old 03-14-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That'd be my guess.

I love how we're targeting younger players, great moves so far.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I doubt we have enough money left for Connor. I really want to see our cap situation. I'm surprised we had enough money for these guys before the $10 million penalty, let alone now. Kellen Davis would be nice for less than 2 million a year.

The only down side of this Carr deal is that I find it really hard for us to keep Mike Jenkins now. The only way we do is if we sign him during training camp or mid-season, but if he's playing well I doubt he would accept the deal we are offering. This 51 million in Carr and 27 million in Scandrick, I don't see how we will be able to put another 40+ million into Jenkins all at the CB position.

I hope I am wrong.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

The Jags are offering around 6 Mil for Robinson, I don't think we'll see him back.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
That'd be my guess.

I love how we're targeting younger players, great moves so far.
Couldn't agree more. Something that has gone unnoticed. Signing guys who are already 29+ to big deals is what hurts franchises in the long run. Like the signings so far.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I doubt we have enough money left for Connor. I really want to see our cap situation. I'm surprised we had enough money for these guys before the $10 million penalty, let alone now. Kellen Davis would be nice for less than 2 million a year.

The only down side of this Carr deal is that I find it really hard for us to keep Mike Jenkins now. The only way we do is if we sign him during training camp or mid-season, but if he's playing well I doubt he would accept the deal we are offering. This 51 million in Carr and 27 million in Scandrick, I don't see how we will be able to put another 40+ million into Jenkins all at the CB position.

I hope I am wrong.
Early indications are that both Dallas and Washington are taking it to court. No sources on that just that both teams denied wrongdoing and Washington flat out said they are ignoring the penalty.

The penalty isn't 10 million this season. It's 5 this year and 5 next. The cap will SKYROCKET next year with the new TV deals (est +30 million) so the money will be there for Jenkins if he performs up to snuff.

Guarantee all these deals have low values for this season and scale into the mega cap numbers along with the new cap. SJ wouldn't have it any other way.

Connor shouldn't be expensive either. He's a backup MLB with minimal suitors.

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter

Filed to ESPN: Eagles gave DeSean Jackson a five-year, $51-million deal.
LMFAO. All the Eagle fans I know are thinking this:

I love it.

Last edited by Trogdor : 03-14-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The Jags are offering around 6 Mil for Robinson, I don't think we'll see him back.
Don't let the door kick him in the ass. You guys always loved him, but I always thought he took glory away from Dez.

I'm ready for the breakout season Dez has been waiting for.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I hope I am wrong.
Think about it that way....

Say hello to ....

Old 03-14-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Don't let the door kick him in the ass. You guys always loved him, but I always thought he took glory away from Dez.

Agreed on Dez. We still need to sign a reliable slot receiver unless Harris is ready. Radway showed well but he's an outside guy.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad to see Carr signed quickly. I liked him and Flowers, so it'll be nice to have Carr here. I like how they're addressing spots with young players like it's been mentioned here. So far so good.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:

lol I've never loved Robinson, I was always against bringing him back unless he gave us some ridiculous bargain.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
lol I've never loved Robinson, I was always against bringing him back unless he gave us some ridiculous bargain.
Yep. If he was asking for #2 money he was always going to walk. If he was willing to take a slot WR contract (a la Crayton's deal + inflation) he would come back. 6/yr is too rich for my blood. Especially since slot guys typically have the easiest release.