Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not DC related but WOW

- Tim Tebow has been traded to the Jets for a 4th round pick...Saints head coach Sean Payton has been suspended for the entire 2012 season, GM Mickey Loomis has been suspended for 8 games...

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Not DC related but WOW

- Tim Tebow has been traded to the Jets for a 4th round pick...Saints head coach Sean Payton has been suspended for the entire 2012 season, GM Mickey Loomis has been suspended for 8 games...
wow... Peyton being suspended for the whole season is CRAZY!.... any new on Greg Williams? I would assume his punishment would have to be harsher then Peyton's. Vilma is going to take a pretty heavy hit as well.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams is suspended indefinitely... That's not good for the Rams.. Is it possible the nfl bans him perminately?
Old 03-21-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They lost 2 2nd rounders too. I think they got off easy.

They should've taken all of this year's picks away.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess it sucks to be a Saints fan right now. Wowsers!!!!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Also another good conversation topic.

If you are on the draft DeCastro bandwagon. What are your next 2 picks. It's easy to say we should pick DeCastro because the pick has value and he's a top tier talent. But does that cost us by not drafting with the flow of the draft. We essentially take out the position where we can find an upgrade later in the draft. Something that smart teams would shy away from. We aren't in a position where we NEED anything so I don't think that argument really holds weight this year.
Personally I haven't thought too deep about it. Sure there are some guys I would like, but normally I don't go too deep into the draft. I find myself getting disappointed that way because it is so easy to fall in love with where you think a guy will go when the reality gets much different the lower you go.

I'm on the Decastro bandwagon because there is a need, and I've just bought into the hype for whatever reason. I've seen him play sparingly enough, but not so much that I can really want him the way I did Amukamara last year. If they don't get him it's fine, but since he's being talked up as a smart guy I really want them to get him and build a dominant line. With the next two picks I want a corner and safety, so probably Boykins or Gilmore in the mix with Barron who I think is going to slide into the second.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Personally I haven't thought too deep about it. Sure there are some guys I would like, but normally I don't go too deep into the draft. I find myself getting disappointed that way because it is so easy to fall in love with where you think a guy will go when the reality gets much different the lower you go.

I'm on the Decastro bandwagon because there is a need, and I've just bought into the hype for whatever reason. I've seen him play sparingly enough, but not so much that I can really want him the way I did Amukamara last year. If they don't get him it's fine, but since he's being talked up as a smart guy I really want them to get him and build a dominant line. With the next two picks I want a corner and safety, so probably Boykins or Gilmore in the mix with Barron who I think is going to slide into the second.
I've been a huge supporter of us grabbing DeCastro since the off-season started. Even with our moves in FA to address the IL, I'd love to take him.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
They lost 2 2nd rounders too. I think they got off easy.

They should've taken all of this year's picks away.
roger goodell all but got on his knees and serviced belicheck, for flat out cheating but payton gets suspended for an entire season, plus docking draft picks, i don't think its fair punishment
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Anyone think Gilmore can be transitioned into a FS ? He has adequate size for the position and doesn't mind coming down to support the run. One of his strengths is reading the ball in the air and reacting, which he would do a lot in zone coverage. His weakness has anyways been his overreacting on double moves and pump fakes leaving him out of position. Gilmore would have an edge athletically against most tight ends and RB giving him more leeway to recover in man coverage.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Anyone think Gilmore can be transitioned into a FS ? He has adequate size for the position and doesn't mind coming down to support the run. One of his strengths is reading the ball in the air and reacting, which he would do a lot in zone coverage. His weakness has anyways been his overreacting on double moves and pump fakes leaving him out of position. Gilmore would have an edge athletically against most tight ends and RB giving him more leeway to recover in man coverage.
Problem is he's a top 20 pick. He's been really honing in on that 2nd/3rd spot and Mayock pushed him to the 2nd best corner. Going to have an extremely hard time selling a CB to FS project at 14.

He's also very good at being a press corner and would completely take away one of his strengths by moving him to FS. You want him on the line being physical because he can stay stride for stride with his man and make a play on the ball.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Did anyone hear how Kendall Wright did today at the Baylor pro day?

Old 03-21-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Did anyone hear how Kendall Wright did today at the Baylor pro day?
Scott tweeted he ran in the 4.4's so did Sanu
Old 03-21-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
nah, this is a really weak safety class, the cowboys might have to take a chance on janzen jackson with their compensatory pick or 5th rounder, but i don't see garrett signing off on that i think its very possible they don't nab a safety in this draft
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Problem is he's a top 20 pick. He's been really honing in on that 2nd/3rd spot and Mayock pushed him to the 2nd best corner. Going to have an extremely hard time selling a CB to FS project at 14.

He's also very good at being a press corner and would completely take away one of his strengths by moving him to FS. You want him on the line being physical because he can stay stride for stride with his man and make a play on the ball.
Gilmore is being projected highly due to his size/speed ratio... While I think he is good in press man coverage he struggles in off man. His inconsistency puts him behind Claiborne and Jenkins in terms of coverage IMO. I'll say his skills are comparable to Kirkpatrick who has been evaluated at a FS prospect by several teams. People who think either is going to be a lock down #1 are mistaken.. Quick and savy WR will be able to break down Gilmore/Kirkpatrick with double moves and create big play opportunities.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Scott tweeted he ran in the 4.4's so did Sanu
I think that may have put Wright back up to the 2nd WR taken in the draft. Sanu possibly could've squeezed himself into the 1st round.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I trust Sturm a lot even if he does write columns to generate clicks. I love that he went back and watched film on Livings and found some interesting things.

Snippit from the article:
Quote:
A few days ago, I offered reviews of both players and was certainly pessimistic about Livings in particular being able to handle this. In the interest of fairness, I watched more of his action since then, in particular his game from Christmas Eve against the Arizona Cardinals, and feel a bit better about his performance. He blocked Calais Campbell all day without a whole lot of trouble and certainly was a film the Cowboys studied before they made their purchase.
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/03...18&feedID=9348
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I trust Sturm a lot even if he does write columns to generate clicks. I love that he went back and watched film on Livings and found some interesting things.

Snippit from the article:

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/03...18&feedID=9348
We gotta take any ounce of good news out of this signing that we can. I think Cowboys supporters are gonna force themselves to see the good out of him when they look back though. Either way, way cool share man! Thanks.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marion Barber announced his retirement today at the age of 28. Felt bad for how his career ended but the Barbarian was hands down one of my favorite players to watch. Wasn't the biggest, wasn't the fastest... but he fought for every damn yard he got.

Thanks for the memories MB3.

TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Marion Barber announced his retirement today at the age of 28. Felt bad for how his career ended but the Barbarian was hands down one of my favorite players to watch. Wasn't the biggest, wasn't the fastest... but he fought for every damn yard he got.

MB3 will be missed. In my top 5 favorite Cowboy RB's of all time.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:18 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
MB3 will be missed. In my top 5 favorite Cowboy RB's of all time.
Hmmm... Probably my favorite of all time, actually. I never liked a RB more. Favorite doesn't mean most accomplished by any means.... just a personal favorite. His running style was unique and simply indescribably awesome.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:11 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was hella fun, while he lasted. I was shocked when I saw the news today. But everyone knew he had taken a beating over the years...he just wasnt the same back. Good for him, though. Better to get out now, instead of being one of those former bruiser RBs that cant walk up stairs at the age of 35.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great article from BTB on our offense and a breakdown of what we ask of our outside receivers.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/...tter#storyjump

Basically talks about the perception that Dez is underachieving in our offense, but when you take a look at what Garrett envisions then you'll see that he doesn't want his outside WRs to be the main targets in the passing game. They're used more as decoys over the top while Witten is able to exploit matchup advantages against LBs.

I'm mixed on our philosophy in the passing game. On one hand I want to ball to be put in the hands of our best playmakers more than 25% of the time, but on the other hand you can't really argue with the success we've had most of the time moving the football.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Great article from BTB on our offense and a breakdown of what we ask of our outside receivers.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/...tter#storyjump

Basically talks about the perception that Dez is underachieving in our offense, but when you take a look at what Garrett envisions then you'll see that he doesn't want his outside WRs to be the main targets in the passing game. They're used more as decoys over the top while Witten is able to exploit matchup advantages against LBs.

I'm mixed on our philosophy in the passing game. On one hand I want to ball to be put in the hands of our best playmakers more than 25% of the time, but on the other hand you can't really argue with the success we've had most of the time moving the football.
Which in turn would increase the value of a tightend. I dont know why everyone had an issue when I suggested Fleener. Before the addition of Fiammetta last year the team used some rediculous number 55%-65% of twin tight packages as a base. By no means am I talking about using #14, I was suggesting in a trade down where the team would by supplemented with additional picks. If the team dropped to the 26-32 range I would have ZERO issue pulling the trigger. Plenty of Value at position of needs in the second and third rounds to bolster our depth.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heres a really cool video on Ingram. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRfmc...ature=youtu.be

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's crazy to think about how young he is. It really explains his decline. He was such a bruiser, and it caught up to him. At least he was great to watch while he lasted.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote