Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Couldn't agree more with this assessment.
The one thing that scares me about Cox is the Mississippi State curse. Name a player from Mississipi State who is an NFL stud or has been over the past 20 years.... exactly. Heard about it on the radio this past week.

And we all know I believe in curses so I kind of don't want Cox now lol. It's a shame because I loved him. Gotta abide by the rules of the curses though. Can't pick him.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. If we got this done this off-season you guys would see me on the news for streaking:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...ract-extension

Get it done Jerry!!!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
The one thing that scares me about Cox is the Mississippi State curse. Name a player from Mississipi State who is an NFL stud or has been over the past 20 years.... exactly. Heard about it on the radio this past week.

And we all know I believe in curses so I kind of don't want Cox now lol. It's a shame because I loved him. Gotta abide by the rules of the curses though. Can't pick him.
So you are going to not only discount a player because of the program he is from but also take him off of your board all together rather than take a look at his tape and the combine numbers that back his tape? That is backwards logic. You don't take a player off of your board because they have never produced NFL talent at the school they attend.

Get out of here with this weak ****

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow. If we got this done this off-season you guys would see me on the news for streaking:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...ract-extension

Get it done Jerry!!!!!
No Thanks Mike Jenkins...show us you can stay healthy and play consistent and not have the mental lapses.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-27-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you read through the Garrett-speak he pretty much told Jenkins to earn a contract this year.

"We like him but we can't pay everyone... at least right now."

Jenkins accept that challenge and play like a #1/#2. Having two top corners would be a welcome change :D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Sounds like a writer talking to talk and lacking substance and knowledge of what he's writing about. Hate to say it, but I watched that SoCar game that he put on his site.

Seriously... I still don't see it with this guy. Which plays did he really stand out to you guys on, so much that you want to spend the 14th pick on him? I don't see an ELITE caliber JJ Watt type player. Do you? If so, where?

:08 - Lines up at DT, beats C and takes out his own teammate (DE) in pursuit of the QB. LOL
:20 - Lines up at DE, runs a stunt to the inside and gets neutralized by the RG and falls to his knee.
:35 - 97 is the guy that gets credited for the sack. Cox is there after the QB is on the ground.
:52 - RT leaves him unblocked, but RB picks him up effectively, and the ball is already out of the QBs hands.
:55 - pass to the flats away from him, but he jogs lightly to the play before it's even over. Not neccessarily bad since that's what teammates are for, but the writer talks highly about his motor. To me, that's playing to the whistle.
1:06 - At DT... gets blocked effectively at the POA and the RB runs for a nice 9yd gain to his right side.
1:12 - Takes on a DOUBLE TEAM for the first time in this clip, but doesn't split them. I thought that's what the article said he does with ease? Hmm... RB goes for a 1st down.
1:19 - Cox doesn't get pushed back and but the stop is a combination of swarming team defense.
1:30 - Gets a late double team, but gets neutralized and the pass is completed downfield.
1:40 - 3rd and 4, gets cleared out by the RG and the RB blows right past him for a near first down.
1:49 - 4th and inches now. Lines up in the middle of the DL, loses leverage and gets pushed back. 1st down SoCar.
1:58 - Lines up at DT. C pulls to the right, leaving him unblocked, but RT effectively pushes him to the left letting through the line and out of the play. Ends up having to make a 360 turn just to watch the action unfold.
2:06 - does nothing.
2:14 - SACK! ...But nobody even attempted to block him. Sigh. Marcus Spears could've made that sack.
2:35 - does nothing.
2:43 - Coverage sack. QB sees nowhere to throw the ball, tucks it and starts running before Cox makes the backfield tackle.
2:49 - QB draw, Cox gets caught in overpursuit, QB makes a huge gain.
3:00 - Stopped by the LT. Gives QB time to throw an incomplete bomb.
3:06 - MSU gang tackle.
3:12 - fake handoff, QB rolls to the right, sees nothing... runs out of time and Cox is there to make the stop. This is a nice play since Cox had to turn himself around and continue pursuit after being stopped at the LOS.
3:36 - QB looks to pass first, pocket collapses, but the RT blocks him out and the QB takes off up the middle for a huge gain.
3:43 - Nice tackle on the RB at the LOS.
3:49 - gets pushed away from the play.
3:52 - team tackle
3:59 - does nothing
4:05 - does nothing, RT buys enough time to protect QB to throw a pass.
4:09 - held up by LT, RB hits the hole for a short gain.
4:28 - knifes up the LOS to make a nice hit on the RB in the backfield.4:30 - does nothing
4:40 - does nothing
4:45 - held up at POA and RB goes for a first down and more.
4:52 - fights at the LOS but doesn't get a hand on the RB who goes for another 1st down.
5:00 - TE screen, Cox chases but does nothing.
5:08 - finds a way to grab the RBs legs at the LOS. Nice play.
5:23 - SoCar running out the clock. Predictable play. Cox is there, but SoCar really only cares about running out the clock.

Outside of the bolded plays, I was left VERY UNIMPRESSED overall.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
If you read through the Garrett-speak he pretty much told Jenkins to earn a contract this year.

"We like him but we can't pay everyone... at least right now."

Jenkins accept that challenge and play like a #1/#2. Having two top corners would be a welcome change :D
That's the perfect way to play it with Jenkins. He needs to EARN that extension and stay healty all year long with top notch play.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Either way, i'm glad Jenkins is already seeking an extension because there were rumors he didn't want to come back. Obviously we aren't signing him tomorrow that's pointless but it's good news no doubt so let's just let it play out.

By the way, we go to New York for the season opener. I can't freakin wait. Let's go baby!

To Thule, sorry bro I believe in curses.
Old 03-27-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

No one is saying Cox is Suh here. He isn't going to dominate every snap on tape. Find me a DL prospect that you can grade better doing the exact same thing you did above. Put that tape up against any other 5-tech we have a shot at and then you begin to understand why he makes sense at 14. He has above average measureables and tape where he flashes playmaking ability. What more can you ask for when grading a prospect who isn't a top 10 pick? You are measuring him up against a stick of an elite prospect.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 03-27-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
No one is saying Cox is Suh here. He isn't going to dominate every snap on tape. Find me a DL prospect that you can grade better doing the exact same thing you did above. Put that tape up against any other 5-tech we have a shot at and then you begin to understand why he makes sense at 14. He has above average measureables and tape where he flashes playmaking ability. What more can you ask for when grading a prospect who isn't a top 10 pick? You are measuring him up against a stick of an elite prospect.
Player A
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 295 | 32 Arms | 10 Hands | 33 Reps |
1.70 10 yd split | 33 Broad | 9-0 Vert
Totals 45 Games Played 162 Tackles 37.0 TFL 19.5 Sacks

Player B
Height: 6-4 | Weight: 298 | 34 Arms | 10⅜ Hands | 30 Reps |
1.63 10 yd split | 26 Broad | 8-7 Vert
Totals 35 Games Played 107 Tackles 22.5 TFL 7.5 Sacks

* Did not include 40 times because I don't think DTs need to be graded on long range linear speed.

What do you think the difference is in draft projection between these 2 players?
Old 03-27-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/77...en-2012-season

Bring it on biatches!!!! Season opener against the Giants on Thursday night!!!

Man this just got my adrenaline going!!!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Player A
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 295 | 32 Arms | 10 Hands | 33 Reps |
1.70 10 yd split | 33 Broad | 9-0 Vert
Totals 45 Games Played 162 Tackles 37.0 TFL 19.5 Sacks

Player B
Height: 6-4 | Weight: 298 | 34 Arms | 10⅜ Hands | 30 Reps |
1.63 10 yd split | 26 Broad | 8-7 Vert
Totals 35 Games Played 107 Tackles 22.5 TFL 7.5 Sacks

* Did not include 40 times because I don't think DTs need to be graded on long range linear speed.

What do you think the difference is in draft projection between these 2 players?
For more fun. Btw guessing you mixed up broad/vert :D Pretty sure some preschoolers have 26 inch broad jumps :D

Player C
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 322 | 35 Arms | 9 1/8 Hands | 21 reps | 1.77 10 yd split | 26.5 vert | 8-9 vert

Totals 26 Games Played 79 tackles 11 TFL 2.0 sacks

Any guesses on who Player C is?
Old 03-27-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
For more fun. Btw guessing you mixed up broad/vert :D Pretty sure some preschoolers have 26 inch broad jumps :D

Player C
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 322 | 35 Arms | 9 1/8 Hands | 21 reps | 1.77 10 yd split | 26.5 vert | 8-9 vert

It's Brockers.

Is anyone worried about Carr and Jenkins both playing the right side their whole careers?

Romeo Crennel talked about it today and said Carr should be able to switch after enough practice but that does have me a bit worried. I trust Henderson though.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

All tweets from Rob Phillips:

Quote:
robphillips3 Franchising Anthony Spencer doesn't preclude drafting a pass rusher high. Just keep in mind the team hasn't set their board yet. Very early.
17 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

robphillips3 ....says opening with the world champion Giants on Sept. 5 should be real motivation for the entire team the rest of the offseason.
20 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

robphillips3 Jones didn't comment on the upcoming arbitration over $10 million penalty. Optimistic it will be resolved by the opener. Speaking of...
21 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

robphillips3 He said signing Brandon Carr doesn't rule out a CB in the first round because it's a "premium position."
24 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

robphillips3 With two new veteran guards, didn't sound like they'd go that direction. Then again, Jones never fully plays his draft hand.
25 minutes ago reply retweet favorite

robphillips3 Finally caught up with Jerry Jones at owners meetings. Very pleased with FA, believes they can draft purely at 14 or move down for value.
26 minutes ago reply retweet favorite
Might be a video up later. Interesting statement about corner, but I hope they just re-sign Jenkins and take one in the 2nd or 3rd.

Oh, and forget DeCastro I guess.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
All tweets from Rob Phillips:

Might be a video up later. Interesting statement about corner, but I hope they just re-sign Jenkins and take one in the 2nd or 3rd.

Oh, and forget DeCastro I guess.
Immensely deep position. Jerry isn't going to say if he's looking at guards at 14 because it means "guard" (Decastro). Tipping your hand is a good way to get traded in front of.

Not worried either way guards run really deep and Callahan loves Zeitler from what I understand.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Player C

Well the 6-5, 322 gave it away. LOL.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Scandrick is a guy you play according to match ups. Not every WR is a big WR. He shouldn't be put on the big WRs... that should be Carr or Jenkins. But there's still plenty of opportunity to see the field against WRs who don't pose a huge size difference.

I cringe with Scandrick in the slot. I don't want to hear none of this, "He shutdown Wes Welker" crap. Sounds like the folks who used to say Bobby Carpenter is great after his performance against Seattle in the playoffs. One game don't make a player, and it was alarmingly clear that Brady's main targets were his TEs this year.
i disagree with you, the slot is the toughest position to play, you cringe at scandrick at the slot, well then who gonna put in that spot carr and jenkins are outside corners, its a tough position to play and to his credit nobody did a better job 1 on1 at covering wes welker this year, yeah he played like crap at the end of the season but he wasn't the the only one

the slot isn't a position where you can just stick a guy, look at philly rogers-cromartiesstruggled this year b/c he wasn't accustomed to playing, that position, scandrick is better at the slot b/c of his quickness you put him on the outside and he'll will get beat on downfield b/c he isnt very big and he doesnt play the ball in the air well. and you also forget he's is great blitzer from the slot too
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
i disagree with you, the slot is the toughest position to play, you cringe at scandrick at the slot, well then who gonna put in that spot carr and jenkins are outside corners, its a tough position to play and to his credit nobody did a better job 1 on1 at covering wes welker this year, yeah he played like crap at the end of the season but he wasn't the the only one

the slot isn't a position where you can just stick a guy, look at philly rogers-cromartiesstruggled this year b/c he wasn't accustomed to playing, that position, scandrick is better at the slot b/c of his quickness you put him on the outside and he'll will get beat on downfield b/c he isnt very big and he doesnt play the ball in the air well. and you also forget he's is great blitzer from the slot too
I don't disagree that it's a tough position to play. I disagree that he's good at it. I guess he's pretty good at rushing from the position. That's true. But the answer for who would play it is not Carr or Jenkins either. I would never suggest that. I'm saying it's a need in this draft. I like Janoris Jenkins in that role A LOT. I like Brandon Boykin, Jayron Hosley among others. But this whole idea that he's good because he had one good game reminds me too much of the 2008 Bobby Carpenter fannie boys. Typical support because he is a Cowboy sort of thing. If Scandrick was a NY Giants player, I have doubts that people would feel the same way about him. He did NOT live up to his paycheck last year and got burnt more than people remember, I guess.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:16 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't disagree that it's a tough position to play. I disagree that he's good at it. I guess he's pretty good at rushing from the position. That's true. But the answer for who would play it is not Carr or Jenkins either. I would never suggest that. I'm saying it's a need in this draft. I like Janoris Jenkins in that role A LOT. I like Brandon Boykin, Jayron Hosley among others. But this whole idea that he's good because he had one good game reminds me too much of the 2008 Bobby Carpenter fannie boys. Typical support because he is a Cowboy sort of thing. If Scandrick was a NY Giants player, I have doubts that people would feel the same way about him. He did NOT live up to his paycheck last year and got burnt more than people remember, I guess.
scandrick has been good overall in the slot since he was drafted, hell he was better than jenkins their rookie yr
Old 03-28-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
scandrick has been good overall in the slot since he was drafted, hell he was better than jenkins their rookie yr
And he has been a 1st Down machine for opposing teams once we moved him to the slot every year since.

I'm with D-Unit that I like him much better as an outside corner and think he could be a pretty good player there. Just because he's our 3rd best corner currently on the roster doesn't mean he has to be our slot starter, I think that's a common misconception among fans. There's nothing wrong with having another good outside corner, especially since Jenkins just had reconstructive shoulder surgery. If he has to miss time this year it's going to be nice to have someone like Scandrick who can step in and not leave much of a drop-off at the position.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No Thanks Mike Jenkins...show us you can stay healthy and play consistent and not have the mental lapses.
I want Jenkins to put in one more solid year healthy and then I'll pay him. This past year when healthy he was very solid and based on that play alone I'd extend him, but the health scares me.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
And he has been a 1st Down machine for opposing teams once we moved him to the slot every year since.

I'm with D-Unit that I like him much better as an outside corner and think he could be a pretty good player there. Just because he's our 3rd best corner currently on the roster doesn't mean he has to be our slot starter, I think that's a common misconception among fans. There's nothing wrong with having another good outside corner, especially since Jenkins just had reconstructive shoulder surgery. If he has to miss time this year it's going to be nice to have someone like Scandrick who can step in and not leave much of a drop-off at the position.
that was terence newman and mike jenkins, scandrick will get beat too, but not as much as either of those two guys, i don't disagree qith you that we need another corner, alan ball cannot be the fourth guy again and i have no problem with bringing in somebody to compete and push scandrick, competition amongst is always good, but scandrick wasn't as bad as you are making him out to be, he's not a superstar slot guy and they paid him like he was a superstar slot corner but that's on jerry jones, scandrick is a good player and looking at the depth at corner on this team its hard to find good corners let alone a great one
Old 03-28-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Honestly, this is all a mute point because the team likes Scandrick in the slot and he isn't going anywhere so get over it.

Next subject.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

So the Giants in the opener, I like it!!!!

Old 03-28-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that was terence newman and mike jenkins, scandrick will get beat too, but not as much as either of those two guys, i don't disagree qith you that we need another corner, alan ball cannot be the fourth guy again and i have no problem with bringing in somebody to compete and push scandrick, competition amongst is always good, but scandrick wasn't as bad as you are making him out to be, he's not a superstar slot guy and they paid him like he was a superstar slot corner but that's on jerry jones, scandrick is a good player and looking at the depth at corner on this team its hard to find good corners let alone a great one
Scandrick gets beat a lot in the slot dude. Since we're so far apart in what we're seeing I'll just post his numbers from the past 2 seasons, because I hate when debate is just based on he said she said.

2010:

On 401 coverage snaps Scandrick was targeted 77 times for a Targer/Snap percentage of 19.2%, which ranked 76 out of 83 Cornerbacks.

On 401 coverage snaps Scandrick gave up 53 receptions for a reception/snap percentage of 13.22%, which ranked 82 out of 83 Cornerbacks.

So in 2010 he was one of the most targeted CBs in the league based on snaps played and also gave up one of the highest completion %s in the league, not a good combination.

But maybe 2010 was just a down year and he rebounded in 2011, let's take a look.

2011:

Scandrick ranks among the bottom 10 again in completion % allowed. In 2011 he was targeted 62 times allowing 43 completions for a completion % of 69.4% ranking 62 out of 66 CBs listed.

Now there are going to be detractors of PFF, but things like targets and completions allowed are pretty cut and dry. Scandrick being a good slot corner is a myth that Cowboys fans have created, but thanks to sites that track CB stats like PFF we can now debunk that myth.

That being said, I didn't need PFF to tell me Scandrick has been a whipping boy these past few seasons. Always put more stock into what your eyes tell you and less of what word of mouth tells you.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote