Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-24-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ke-the-giants/

Ware talks about being more like the Giants. That's a good thing, imo.

Dallas linebacker DeMarcus Ware says the difference between the Cowboys and the Super Bowl champion Giants is less about talent than it is about togetherness.

Asked on NBC Sports Talk to name what the Cowboys need to do to take the next step toward the Super Bowl, Ware brought up the Giants and said he noticed that the Cowboys NFC East rivals came together as a team when they needed to last season. Ware thinks the Cowboys could learn something from that.

I really dont like to talk about the Giants, but their team camaraderie, where they had the adversity right at the beginning, and then all of a sudden, it really kicked in, Ware said. The last maybe eight games, the blood sweat and tears really kicked in, the guys started feeling it and they had that swagger about themselves.

Ware said that for the Cowboys to emulate the Giants, its going to need to come from the players, not the coaching staff.

Its not on the coaches at all, its all about the players, Ware said. Its just being there for the man beside you.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we resigned Geathers. I really hope he can develop into a stud! His size/athleticism is incredible.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard to disagree with Ware on the Giants thing. The 'Boys have plenty of talent, but never the right mentality to capitalize on it. Sure they're not perfect, as every team has their holes. The biggest issue for years has been the players caving in when it counts, especially the defense last year. I've never been more scared of 3rd and 14 in my life. Bradie is gone, so it's time for whoever is going to be the new D leader to pull guys together to get momentum shifting stops when they count.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
It's hard to disagree with Ware on the Giants thing. The 'Boys have plenty of talent, but never the right mentality to capitalize on it. Sure they're not perfect, as every team has their holes. The biggest issue for years has been the players caving in when it counts, especially the defense last year. I've never been more scared of 3rd and 14 in my life. Bradie is gone, so it's time for whoever is going to be the new D leader to pull guys together to get momentum shifting stops when they count.
Got to be Sean Lee.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Thought I'd throw this out there.... but...

I think Jason Garrett has a tremendous 2nd year as HC next season. Really love what he keeps doing with this team. My only real complaint in the past was his playcalling, but I think not only will he learn from past mistakes, but I think the addition of Callahan as a voice will help tons. I really expect Garrett to make a lot of new fans next season.

Agree or disagree?
Old 04-24-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tend to agree that he has a better year. I just hope his clock management gets better. That was worse than his play calling...
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Thought I'd throw this out there.... but...

I think Jason Garrett has a tremendous 2nd year as HC next season. Really love what he keeps doing with this team. My only real complaint in the past was his playcalling, but I think not only will he learn from past mistakes, but I think the addition of Callahan as a voice will help tons. I really expect Garrett to make a lot of new fans next season.

Agree or disagree?
I agree. It's a shame that the media thinks Garrett is Jerry's puppet so that is what the people thing. Garrett is in control here and he is a genius. I think he is going to make us a contender for a long time.

As for the leaders thing.. I think a sleeper for that roll could be Dez Bryant. His emotion on the sidelines is something this team could use more of.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I agree. It's a shame that the media thinks Garrett is Jerry's puppet so that is what the people thing. Garrett is in control here and he is a genius. I think he is going to make us a contender for a long time.

As for the leaders thing.. I think a sleeper for that roll could be Dez Bryant. His emotion on the sidelines is something this team could use more of.
Dez's emotion is great, but I don't see him as being a leader.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Dez's emotion is great, but I don't see him as being a leader.
Yeah, the way he's carried out his business so far... it's not very respectable.

It's gotta be Romo, Witten, Austin on offense. ...and Ware, Ratliff, Lee and Carr on defense.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again... these guys are grown men. They don't care if Dez isn't the best citizen off the field. He loves football and is passionate.... combine that with being a great player and people will follow.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Lee's leadership potential, I can't wait till he gets a few more years under his belt and can be THE leader on this team. He's the type of guy who can be a HC in this league after he's done playing. Extremely well spoken, film junkie, and tremendous character.

Jason Garrett has occasional RKG wet dreams about Sean Lee. Haha
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Again... these guys are grown men. They don't care if Dez isn't the best citizen off the field. He loves football and is passionate.... combine that with being a great player and people will follow.
Grown men or not, we all tend to admire and look up to those who carry themselves with great integrity. NFL players are no different. I like Dez and think he's a good kid with phenomenal talent, but his leadership qualities leave a lot to be desired.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 04-24-2012 at 09:24 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
TO wasn't a leader... he yelled on the sidelines to pump up his teammates, he loved football and was a great player. Heck he did a lot of things like help the young WRs, he took one on the chin in sticking up for Romo, he did charity/community work...blah blah blah

But he wasn't a leader because nobody followed him.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

I don't need my WR to lead. I need to them to run routes, catch the ball and block.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
I don't need my WR to lead. I need to them to run routes, catch the ball and block.
This is true.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Michael Irvin was the leader of the teams of the 90's. Dez is a good kid overall who made a few dumb choices because, well, he isn't that smart. Comparing him to T.O. isn't fair at all.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Michael Irvin was the leader of the teams of the 90's. Dez is a good kid overall who made a few dumb choices because, well, he isn't that smart. Comparing him to T.O. isn't fair at all.
Hope you weren't comparing him to Irvin either...
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
When Dez gets his act together, then his words will have more weight. Right now he's nothing but a prima donna.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
When Dez gets his act together, then his words will have more weight. Right now he's nothing but a prima donna.
Dez isn't a prima donna at all... that is why I am arguing with you guys. He isn't Deion Sanders by any stretch.

Smh. The media these days brainwashing people.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof View Post
the same can be said for every position on the field. that's a ridiculous statement
I need my QB to be a leader.

I need my Center to be a leader.

I need my Center field safety to be a leader.

I need my ILB to be a leader.

So your statement is lacking in perspective or understanding of the game.

Leaders are needed in the Center of the field, not on the wings.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Michael Irvin ran routes. Michael Irvin wanted the ball in crunch time. Michael Irvin made tough catches in the middle of the field. Michael Irvin blocked.

When Dez does this game in, game out talk to me about his greatness.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Dez isn't a prima donna at all... that is why I am arguing with you guys. He isn't Deion Sanders by any stretch.

Smh. The media these days brainwashing people.
Dez is 100% prima donna.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Dez is 100% prima donna.
This is so stupid. What has Dez ever done to make him a prima donna? All he ever does is praise his teammates, work hard at practice... and he has a policy to himself to never talk to the media about opposing players in a negative light, ever.

This is a joke. You are wrong. A prima donna is T.O., Ochocinco, Deion, DeSean Jackson, etc. Dez isn't even close to that. Getting caught for sagging your pants at the mall as a 21 year old kid is not being a prima donna.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Michael Irvin ran routes. Michael Irvin wanted the ball in crunch time. Michael Irvin made tough catches in the middle of the field. Michael Irvin blocked.

When Dez does this game in, game out talk to me about his greatness.
Dez is very clutch. He won two games for us this year (both redskins). He goes over the middle all the time, and I have seen him block plenty of times. His route running is a work in progress, but he did miss his last year of college, got hurt in TC as a rookie, and broke his ankle in week 12 of his rookie year. He'll get there.

You are a joke. You are probably just some redneck who doesn't like Dez because of obvious reasons. Go drink a pabst blue ribbon.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree that Dez is a prima donna.

He may be in the sense that almost all WRs are flamboyant and like to take trash. But I agree with CDC, Dez is a good kid that has some maturity issues. I think he's shown signs of growing up and will be a very good player for us for a long time.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote