Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-25-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Dez didnt have all of the issues, no way would we have been able to draft him where we did... Jerry and company knew what they were getting into. It still was a great value pick, even if there are a few headaches.

The question I have is what about TE and what about slot WR????

I like Phillips and I think he can help us oppo Witten.

What are we going to do at slot? Give Harris more time? Use Radway or Holmes on the outside and let Austin be the slot???

Thoughts???
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey I love Dez, I love Dez's enthusiasm and his potential. I just don't see him as being one of our top leaders THIS YEAR. True leaders first lead by their play on the field. Let's see how he does it with his play on the field this year. While he's shown flashes of greatness, he hasn't stringed it together consistently yet.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Thought I'd throw this out there.... but...

I think Jason Garrett has a tremendous 2nd year as HC next season. Really love what he keeps doing with this team. My only real complaint in the past was his playcalling, but I think not only will he learn from past mistakes, but I think the addition of Callahan as a voice will help tons. I really expect Garrett to make a lot of new fans next season.

Agree or disagree?
Quote:
I agree. It's a shame that the media thinks Garrett is Jerry's puppet so that is what the people thing. Garrett is in control here and he is a genius. I think he is going to make us a contender for a long time.
I agree. He knows he has lot to answer for, specifically the opener loss at Washington 2 yrs. ago, then his personal HC loss at Zona last yr. when he iced his own kicker.

Sometimes max embarrassments like those are what it takes to spark improvement in game mgmt. & playcalling (that he no longer generates, but maybe approves via headset). Genius? Jury is still out on that, for me anyway. But he & long has been an appendage of this team -- He's 2nd generation Cowboys mgmt.

To whom much power has been given much responsibility, leadership, & some more Ws in the Win column are expected.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
then his personal HC loss at Zona last yr. when he iced his own kicker.
OK, I HAVE to say my peace about this...

Did anyone watch the Baltimore / New England game in the playoffs??

Cundiff was rushed in and the snap happened with seconds to go. Baltimore had a time out and should have used it to set this thing up and do it right.

Jason Garrett had the same decision to make, and he chose to call a time out. It is still his own kickers fault for missing the field goal.

The clock management before the team was even in a place for the kick was horrid. Should have never came down to this. But, I have no problem with him calling a timeout instead of rushing the kick like Cundiff did!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
OK, I HAVE to say my peace about this...

Did anyone watch the Baltimore / New England game in the playoffs??

Cundiff was rushed in and the snap happened with seconds to go. Baltimore had a time out and should have used it to set this thing up and do it right.

Jason Garrett had the same decision to make, and he chose to call a time out. It is still his own kickers fault for missing the field goal.

The clock management before the team was even in a place for the kick was horrid. Should have never came down to this. But, I have no problem with him calling a timeout instead of rushing the kick like Cundiff did!
I'm over it all, but I agree entirely.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Dez is very clutch. He won two games for us this year (both redskins). He goes over the middle all the time, and I have seen him block plenty of times. His route running is a work in progress, but he did miss his last year of college, got hurt in TC as a rookie, and broke his ankle in week 12 of his rookie year. He'll get there.

You are a joke. You are probably just some redneck who doesn't like Dez because of obvious reasons. Go drink a pabst blue ribbon.
Ooooooohhhhhhhh, the race card being played by someone who wrote he does not want white defensive backs (that was you dufus) or smears southern whites with a nasty generalization (above).

I love when a racist calls out others for being racist!!

You almost be-clown yourself on every post. Special talent. You should join the circus. Or get a reality TV show.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Hey I love Dez, I love Dez's enthusiasm and his potential. I just don't see him as being one of our top leaders THIS YEAR. True leaders first lead by their play on the field. Let's see how he does it with his play on the field this year. While he's shown flashes of greatness, he hasn't stringed it together consistently yet.
Sure, and I'm not looking for Dez to be a leader in the Michael Irvin mode.

My post was just to address what I think has been an unfair treatment of Dez. Sure the guy has had some knucklehead moments, but it's not like he's a thug. He's just an immature kid.

As far as production, if you go back and look at his 2nd year numbers versus TOs 2nd year numbers, they are very similar. In fact, Dez had more TDs. I think considering that he basically had no year in 09 in college and he was injured and missed all of training camp and then hurt during his rookie campaign, one might argue that he's actually AHEAD of schedule in his development. This is a kid that just hasn't played a ton of football in the last 3 years. He's got a great coach in Robinson and a solid healthy year in the S&C program (full off season w/ Romo) and I think we could be in store for a breakout year for Dez.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I disagree that Dez is a prima donna.

He may be in the sense that almost all WRs are flamboyant and like to take trash. But I agree with CDC, Dez is a good kid that has some maturity issues. I think he's shown signs of growing up and will be a very good player for us for a long time.
Not so sure he really is.

I think he has tons of hostility and anger in him and he directs it in very bad ways.

Say what folks will about Ireland asking him those inappropriate questions at draft time but sadly, who knows what Dez's sad family situation has created in his tiny little brain.

But that whole "f-u" attitude he has combined with his altercations and money show boating is a bad sign of things to come.

But yeah, the dude is a talent.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post

I think he has tons of hostility and anger in him and he directs it in very bad ways.

Say what folks will about Ireland asking him those inappropriate questions at draft time but sadly, who knows what Dez's sad family situation has created in his tiny little brain.

But that whole "f-u" attitude he has combined with his altercations and money show boating is a bad sign of things to come.

I'm not arguing that the guy is a saint, but I actually think his story is pretty admirable. Considering where he came from, the fact that he is where he is is pretty amazing. Again, I think more than anything, there's maturity issues and not badness.

I think the comment about an 'f-u' attitude is a bit harsh.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My post was just to address what I think has been an unfair treatment of Dez. Sure the guy has had some knucklehead moments, but it's not like he's a thug. He's just an immature kid.

As far as production, if you go back and look at his 2nd year numbers versus TOs 2nd year numbers, they are very similar. In fact, Dez had more TDs. I think considering that he basically had no year in 09 in college and he was injured and missed all of training camp and then hurt during his rookie campaign, one might argue that he's actually AHEAD of schedule in his development. This is a kid that just hasn't played a ton of football in the last 3 years. He's got a great coach in Robinson and a solid healthy year in the S&C program (full off season w/ Romo) and I think we could be in store for a breakout year for Dez.
On top of that, the 3rd season for a receiver is normally the break out year. I'm expecting big things for Dez this year.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I'm not questioning any off the field issues with Dez. I think he's made some mistakes and hopefully those are over. I'm looking forward to a monster year from him. I hope he and Tony have had some good workouts together int he off-season and start to develop some good chemistry together.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post

That's the dumbest statement I have ever heard. You see the guy play football for 3 hours on a sunday... and then some interview throughout the week. How the **** do you know he has tons of hostility and anger?

Also, Dez doesn't have an "f-u" attitude at all. He's a cool guy who didn't have the best upbringing and hung out with the wrong crowd for a while. That's it. He's not T.O. I really don't know if I should take you seriously or not with your assumptions being so wrong.

Wow, smh. I think we have found the most ******** post of the year guys.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Did I miss the TRADE FOR OSI debate we had on this forum???
Old 04-25-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dez worship/hate is hilarious. He is what he is, a good player with the potential to be great.

He doesn't dominate yet and Miles is too inconsistant with injuries and drops. I still think we'd be smart to take a 3rd WR, to help avoid Ogletree seeing the field.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry's pre-draft press conference is going on right now but i'm in class. Can't way to listen later.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's be clear here... the discussion is not whether Dez is good or not. It's about his leadership ability. Right now, he's in no place to command the attention of the lockerroom.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty neat...

Alabama head football coach Nick Saban recently joined Galloway & Co. on KESN-FM to talk about his players that could be Cowboy targets in the NFL draft. Here are some highlights:

On how he hired Jason Garrett as his quarterbacks coach with the Miami Dolphins:

Well, I had interviewed about 10 quarterback coaches. Scott Linehan was our offensive coordinator and Hudson Houck was our offensive line coach. A lot of people that had association with Jason as a player. And all of a sudden, [Garrett] wants to start a coaching career when he’s finished playing, and people just kept saying, “You should interview Jason Garrett.” And I said, “Well, the guy’s never coached.” And I interviewed 10 guys, and all 10 of these guys are NFL guys, they all coach in the NFL, they all had significant experience coaching quarterbacks in the NFL. So finally, at the Senior Bowl, I said, “Hey, we’re here, I’ll talked to Jason.” So I talked to him and he was about 10 times better than all of the rest of them put together. So he ended up getting hired and doing a fabulous job for us and no surprise to me that he’s moved up in the organization and become a head coach.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...d-in-miami.ece
Old 04-25-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Got to be Sean Lee.
I'm hoping it is him. Now that Bradie is gone he shouldn't have to worry about stepping on any toes in the locker room. I want to see him start telling guys to get on his level and find the ball.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I'm hoping it is him. Now that Bradie is gone he shouldn't have to worry about stepping on any toes in the locker room. I want to see him start telling guys to get on his level and find the ball.
If this was college, this upcoming season would be his Junior year, with the Seniors all gone. I think it was on the minds of the coaches to plan it this way, and purposely not bring back James/Brooking.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Parnell just got a 3yr extension worth $4mi total and $1mi signing bonus

Last edited by leroyisgod : 04-26-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Parnell just got a 3yr extension
around $4million spread over 3 years with a $1 mil signing bonus.

Not a huge investment but it would appear we expect him to make the squad next year again.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
around $4million spread over 3 years with a $1 mil signing bonus.

Not a huge investment but it would appear we expect him to make the squad next year again.
Money well spent for our back-up swing tackle

Old 04-26-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Nice contract for Parnell. He has all the skills to be a great back-up and who knows if he could be more, and I trust Bill Callahan. This also must mean he is getting better and responding to coaching. I like the move.

One thing to remember though... all 3 of our tackles now have 3 years left on their deals. Come 2015 that could suck. We probably won't want Doug Free after his current deal, but I hope we can keep both Tyron and Parnell for the long term future even past the next 3 years.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

EDIT: Never mind.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 04-26-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Claiborne!!! Love It!!!
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote