Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 06-03-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Ryan Broyles for Mike Jenkins?
Our WR up-and-comers looked great at OTAs I'll pass on that. Regardless of what Jenkins says he's going to be wearing a star this year. His agent already said he WILL BE ATTENDING everything mandatory.

Just a business move hoping to get Dallas to trade/extend him. He'll either earn a new contract with us or sign elsewhere and we'll net a compensation pick that will be just as a good as any of the rumored offers.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a perfect example of why I get really frustrated with the media and talk radio that surrounds the Cowboys. I heard Norm ranting about this last week.

If they try to develop young kids, they get slammed for not trying to bring in a veteran when they clearly have a hole at 3rd WR. If they bring in a P. Crayton, someone will complain that they have too many 'progress stoppers' and don't allow their kids to develop.

NE gets hailed all the time for developing kids and allowing them to play, yet the Cowboys aren't given the same credit. Norm wouldn't even acknowledge the possiblity that they have some young kids they like.

It's really frustrating.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:02 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
This is a perfect example of why I get really frustrated with the media and talk radio that surrounds the Cowboys. I heard Norm ranting about this last week.

If they try to develop young kids, they get slammed for not trying to bring in a veteran when they clearly have a hole at 3rd WR. If they bring in a P. Crayton, someone will complain that they have too many 'progress stoppers' and don't allow their kids to develop.

NE gets hailed all the time for developing kids and allowing them to play, yet the Cowboys aren't given the same credit. Norm wouldn't even acknowledge the possiblity that they have some young kids they like.

It's really frustrating.
real talk man, we need some our mid and late rounders to step up and take over some of the support roles
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see Jenkins getting traded for anything but an offensive lineman. I doubt it will happen though, because he is valuable, cheap and if he walks next year the comp pick will be similar to what we would get if we traded him. Not to mention the good depth he offers at that position. I would keep him. But an offensive lineman would make my ears perk.

As for the recent headlines about our offensive line injuries, it does make me wonder "what if we would have stayed in place and drafted Decosta."

Hope all you guys were right about the interior offensive line prior to the draft. As for me, I am nervous.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two guys that are making a lot of noise at OTA's:

Lissemore & Carter

Would be really nice to have a couple of young guys break out this year for the defense.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My old HS hired Jesse Holley as a guest speaker for this year's graduates. Apparently he did a pretty good job.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Two guys that are making a lot of noise at OTA's:

Lissemore & Carter

Would be really nice to have a couple of young guys break out this year for the defense.
Carter is the most intriguing player for me this off-season. I have no idea what to expect from him, but if he turns out to be the player we thought he was when we drafted him he'll be a huge addition to the D. I'm tempering expectations for now, but it would be awesome if he had a Sean Lee type of breakout year.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Carter is the most intriguing player for me this off-season. I have no idea what to expect from him, but if he turns out to be the player we thought he was when we drafted him he'll be a huge addition to the D. I'm tempering expectations for now, but it would be awesome if he had a Sean Lee type of breakout year.
i'd be happy if at the minimum he is a good nickel backer, but yeah if he does have a breakout year that would be great, that alot of speed and athleticism of lee and carter vs james and brooking
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No matter what we upgraded at ILB.

Connor is MUCH better than both Brooking and James and Carter has the range and ability to be the play coverage linebacker we've had in a LONG time. Even if Carter doesn't play up to his potential this year and merely plays packages and rotational 3rd ILB snaps we'll still have better footing than last year.

Our ILB play on passing downs was atrocious :(

Still going to keep championing the Lissemore train. He's going to have a big year. Biggest part of TC I'm going to be interested in will be the competition for the 3rd WR spot.

Cole Beasley has been a BEAST in the slot and has shown the ability to find a hole in the zone and sit in it. Loving the reports on him I'm very interested to see how he performs in pads and getting pressed.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked the good nickel lb'er that's good in coverage better when we had Burnett. We spent a high second rounder on a guy we had graded as a first, so if he's not breaking out this year, i expect it next year. We can't be wasting second round picks regularly on rotational guys (like we've made a habit of).
Old 06-18-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure how many Cowboys fans are also Longhorns fans, but an article I wrote about Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro is up on NEPatriotsDraft:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...hort-list.html

There's some Patriots-related stuff in there but also some scouting on Vaccaro.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Kenny Vaccaro is the ******* truth. Next in the line of great Longhorn DBs. Really looking forward to how he performs this season with that young, loaded Longhorn secondary.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Kenny Vaccaro is the ******* truth. Next in the line of great Longhorn DBs. Really looking forward to how he performs this season with that young, loaded Longhorn secondary.
His versatility is appealing. I'd like to see him make some more plays on the ball and show up more consistently in games, but he could certainly go on the second day (rounds two and three) with a strong season. He could interest teams as a free safety or as a strong safety. I actually like him more as a free safety.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broaddus gave a recap of OTAs and Minicamps earlier this week, including highlighting a couple players that he thought looked good. Notice what he says about Butler.

Quote:
I thought my teammates at DallasCowboys.com did a really nice job with their camp review piece, so I thought I would take their great idea and hand out some of my own thoughts.

Best Player(s): I am going to give you two players that really stood out to me each day and they both come from the defensive side of the ball. Jason Hatcher and Victor Butler did something that stood out in every practice I was able to see live, then later study. Hatcher was active against the run playing with his hands, shedding blocks and getting to the ball on the move. As a pass rusher it didn't matter where his point of entree was, he was disruptive. In stunts and twists, he was difficult to block. This was the Hatcher that I thought you were going to get in 2011 once he saw his buddy Stephen Bowen get paid but in my eyes, there were not near enough of the types of plays or technique that I just described. Needs to see if he can keep this up into training camp.

Victor Butler was outstanding in these camps in my eyes. When I watch him, I always see a productive player but I don't believe my vision is clouded of him. I have always seen a good football player. In these camps he had the opportunity to play both strong and weak linebacker because of time that Ware and Spencer both missed. Butler to be honest was unblockable at times for guys like Doug Free and Tyron Smith. Butler has a really nice feel for how to rush the passer by not giving much of a hitting surface. As mentioned before, paired with Jason Hatcher was able to put some serious pressure on these offensive linemen and quarterbacks. Maybe this is the season where Butler gets more of an opportunity opposite Ware on some early downs.
It's nice to have someone like Broaddus confirm what we all see and have been saying about Butler for years. I hope this is finally the year we get him some more burn, but it's probably unlikely. He'll probably leave in FA this off-season and become a star elsewhere lol. He's got natural pass rush/play-making skills in spades, he just needs a coaching staff to give him a chance. I just don't understand why he gets shafted here in favor of Spencer... one of life's great mysteries.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 06-20-2012 at 06:45 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha how awesome would Harvin for Jenkins be haha....in my dreams!

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was the first thing that came to my mind when I read about Harvin today.

His migranes are pretty scary though.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Id rather keep Jenkins. We have enough skill players IMO. Cant have to many DBs

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:46 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Id rather keep Jenkins. We have enough skill players IMO. Cant have to many DBs
The way this team currently stands, I agree with that. I can't lie though... I definitely gave it some thought. Seems like it's all false rumor anyways though.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Percy Harvin running slot routes would be disgusting. Too bad it'll never happen here, but we can keep day dreaming.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Less than a month until camp starts. I'm pretty stoked right now. This has been a fairly long off-season, but with the FA moves and our draft, it brings some realistic optimism to the season.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Less than a month until camp starts. I'm pretty stoked right now. This has been a fairly long off-season, but with the FA moves and our draft, it brings some realistic optimism to the season.
On the flip side, our schedule is BRUTAL

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 07-02-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
On the flip side, our schedule is BRUTAL
It is, but honestly that the's only way you learn how to win. Beating cupcakes does nothing for you.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
It is, but honestly that the's only way you learn how to win. Beating cupcakes does nothing for you.
We could be much better and still go 8-8.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Morris Claiborne! Yay!

Football season is taking too long.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
No matter what we upgraded at ILB.

Connor is MUCH better than both Brooking and James and Carter has the range and ability to be the play coverage linebacker we've had in a LONG time. Even if Carter doesn't play up to his potential this year and merely plays packages and rotational 3rd ILB snaps we'll still have better footing than last year.

Our ILB play on passing downs was atrocious :(

I agree 100% here. Our ILB was brutal all season, and combine that with Alan Ball in coverage and it makes you wonder how we got off the field on 3rd downs. Carter has me excited but if he's an athletic Nickle backer he'll be a huge plus for us.

Also anybody thinking we pull an early pick on Josh Gordan? I'm hoping nothing more then a 4th, when he should likely be gone. I am worried about our WR depth though, nobody is talking about it much but it's not like Miles or Dez are the most durable guys, so if 1 gets hurt the double teams come in full force, and we have who? How do we even run a 4 WR set if 1 of those guys gets hurt? I wanted Eddie Royal, not sure I trust so many unknowns at a position that can be so important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote