Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-25-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when I got pissed we even cut Harris. Always was stupid. He's a draft pick so we liked him, he's a reliable punt returner with slight big play ability, and he can play WR. I've been rooting for him to be our future #3 WR even though I don't think he has as much big play ability as Holmes does. Harris is just a solid guy and with his skillset he's got some added value for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 TDs for Harris. Nice to see him getting some early looks while Dez and Austin are out.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see Phillips show up tonight.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwayne Wayne

Old 08-25-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Good to see Tanner back out on the field.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
2 TDs for Harris. Nice to see him getting some early looks while Dez and Austin are out.
I agree. Beasley has some pop to him in the slot also. We have some solid guys in Harris, Beasley, and Holmes all. I'm not sure I've seen 1 emerge to where I'd feel confident in that will be a future starter, but we have some guys who can play.

The inexperience is still a worry. You wonder if those guys are going to make the play in those big situations but I guess you'd never know until you get them out there.

Phillips looks nice also, we need to rest Witten as much as possible. Phillips will be good enough and we need Witten for the majority of the season.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Mo Claiborne coming up big in the red zone

Old 08-25-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I agree. Beasley has some pop to him in the slot also. We have some solid guys in Harris, Beasley, and Holmes all. I'm not sure I've seen 1 emerge to where I'd feel confident in that will be a future starter, but we have some guys who can play.

The inexperience is still a worry. You wonder if those guys are going to make the play in those big situations but I guess you'd never know until you get them out there.

Phillips looks nice also, we need to rest Witten as much as possible. Phillips will be good enough and we need Witten for the majority of the season.
There's still Danny Coale out there too who is supposed to be pretty good himself. I like Harris' balance and Beasley's quickness. Harris seems to find some good openings while Cole Beasley seems like a lightning quick guy that'll be hard to cut. Dare I say it, but Ogletree doesn't look too bad either. I see why they didn't bring in any vets. Danny Coale is playing tonight, so we'll see how he looks.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Oh yeah, Sean Lee is beasting. I think he'll make the Pro Bowl this year. I know it's the Rams in preseason, but considering how he looked last year it wouldn't be much of a stretch for him to have a great year.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Felix seems like he has his legs back tonight.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh first things first. That injury to McCray looks like a separated shoulder. If so that's a long recovery and probable IR for him. Add in he's one of our ST aces that hurts.

Beasley makes all the catches and I love his burst. If we cut him someone is going to pick him up immediately. I think he's made a firm case for the 'Boys keeping 6 receivers.

Offensive line has looked very good. Although the gap in pressure between the Rams and our week one opponent is rather large.

Sean Lee is going to be defensive MVP.

Claiborne is a hell of a player. Looking forward to having two capable corners manning the outside.

Romo is still absolutely untouchable in the pocket and his deep throws are a thing of beauty.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Coale is getting released. I don't know if Holmes will make it. Even though he seems to have a lot of upside. Ogs is just playing very hungry this preseason. Beasley and Harris both have made a strong case to make the squad.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Mccray has a neck strain

Old 08-25-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't see Harris' TDs but I love the sound of that! He's an exciting player, especially when he's on the run.

Saw that sick Beasley one handed catch though! #3 WR... between those 2 guys... no sweat.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

The defense has looked nice all preseason. If they keep it up in the regular season it could mean some big things. Ware hasn't even played yet!

Old 08-26-2012, 06:26 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked what I saw out of Mo. He was a little tentative against SD and even at the start of last night, but you could see him gaining a little confidence on that last drive and it led to tighter coverage and 2 pass break-ups in the endzone. His hips and closing speed are just ********... as long as he trusts in his ability this season he'll be fine.

The defense as a whole looks fantastic, and like E-Man said this is without Ware. Butler has had himself another great pre-season, it should not even be a question that he's a better pass rusher than Spencer right now... Rob needs to get him burn this year. I already touched on Clai, but our CBs are fantastic... 3rd and longs will no longer plague us, in fact, get ready for a plethora of sacks and turnovers on those money downs.

It's so nice to see the D flying around and being the aggressor.

EDIT: Also, just read that Ratliff suffered a high ankle sprain last night. I guess I should be a little upset, but TBH I don't think there's much separating him from Brent anymore. Time for Josh to step up.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 08-26-2012 at 06:32 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Lets give the offensive line some props also. They played the entire first half at least, and I was halfway expecting the Rams D-line to destroy us. We held our own though, minus the mishap where Orton got crushed. I absolutely love the pocket presence Romo has developed.

I think it was the first Harris TD where someone broke free and without turning his head he stepped up then spun back to get some opening. Anytime he makes that move the chances of a TD coming shortly after are very high, I wish I knew the percentages. I love that about his game.

It wasn't all pretty up front but the running lanes were there and Tony was clean for the most part. We've got to start putting a higher priority on protecting him at this stage of his career.

Impressed by the D also. Carr was worth every penny too, dude is rock solid out there, and anytime he gets his hands on a WR before 5 yards he's out of the play. Our top 2 corners are so much better then going into last year.

Quote:
Old 08-26-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

The offensive line has recovered from that horrible Raiders game. Last week they were good against San Diego, and yesterday they did well as LL said. Maybe it's the addition of Mack. Livings didn't look too bad either. Arkin also looks like he might have some potential considering he's never played center as people keep saying. Maybe not a long term answer, but as a back up center and guard.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt get to see the game last night, was building a MOSTER FFL team but I read this on ESPN so I thought our line must have sucked again....

I'm sorry, but the offensive line still looks awful to me, and I commend Romo and Murray for succeeding in spite of its performance. David Arkin can actually snap the ball to the quarterback now, but he still doesn't look strong enough to hold up at center. The guards looked like they were getting pushed back into the pocket all night. Doug Free is a mess, and even Tyron Smith got beaten on the outside by Robert Quinn on a play early in the game. If the best thing you can say about the offensive line is that it'll be better when Phil Costa gets healthy, you've got a problem. At offensive line, I believe the Cowboys have a significant problem.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

It's still our problem area, but hard to say the line was that bad when Romo had time to look deep so often, and Murray was getting about 5 per pop. Tyron didn't get beat by Quinn either, he came completely free, while Tyron and Tanner both doubled Brockers I believe. It was a mis communication but nobody got beat.

The Raider game showed how bad it could be, when we don't even have time to throw, this time we had lanes vs a very good defensive line.

Quote:
Old 08-26-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Lets give the offensive line some props also. They played the entire first half at least, and I was halfway expecting the Rams D-line to destroy us. We held our own though, minus the mishap where Orton got crushed. I absolutely love the pocket presence Romo has developed.

I think it was the first Harris TD where someone broke free and without turning his head he stepped up then spun back to get some opening. Anytime he makes that move the chances of a TD coming shortly after are very high, I wish I knew the percentages. I love that about his game.

It wasn't all pretty up front but the running lanes were there and Tony was clean for the most part. We've got to start putting a higher priority on protecting him at this stage of his career.

Impressed by the D also. Carr was worth every penny too, dude is rock solid out there, and anytime he gets his hands on a WR before 5 yards he's out of the play. Our top 2 corners are so much better then going into last year.
On that Orton sack I'm pretty sure the blame goes to Felix for not picking up Quinn. Tyron seemed to have assignment on someone else.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I thought it was Tanner in on that, but maybe it was Felix. But yea, Tyron didn't even look at the DE so you could tell he had a completely different assignment. But if that's the worse I'll line will play all year I'll take it.

Quote:
Old 08-26-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Thoughts on the game

- The O-line fared better then expected, most of the pressure came from blitz's up the middle of the line.This was definitely Doug Free's best game thus far going against one of the leagues best strong side DE's. Tyron was challenged by Quinn's speed rush but did a decent job of settling in as the game went along.

- The combination of Harris, Ogletree, and Beasley continues to pull away from the likes of Andre Holmes and Radway. Harris of course had the two big TD's one a mismatch against James Laurinatis and the second a nice post against a three deep zone. Some credit should go the the max protection given to Romo and the fact that Ogletree's go route drove Janoris Jenkins and Dahl to both chase him toward the goal line while Harris basically had a wide open catch underneath. Harris did a great job of splitting the tackles at the end of the catch to get in the endzone. Ogletree has continues to respond to the young guys pushing him from behind, did I nice job of getting off of the line and finding the ball. Beasley had a sweet one handed catch on a quick out and found some holes in the defense.

- My prediction is that Radway, Coale, and Holmes get axed at the final cuts. Radway is an easy cut in terms of the lack of production compared to the other reserves on the squad. Sad considering that he was close to making the 53 man roster last year before being injured. Coale hasn't been healthy enough to show what he can do but that can be a good thing if the team can sneak him through to the practice squad. Holmes is going to be the toughest pill to swallow for the team. Out of all the reserves on the team he has the best skill set to translate as a starter. He is just to inconsistent at this point and while I think the team will try to carry six WR's to give him an opportunity the numbers just won't justify keeping a developmental guy who doesn't provide special teams impact.

-Phillips and Hannah continue to impress at TE. JP had the nice one handed catch that was unjustly overturned and got behind the defense and caught a nice ball at the goal line that was reversed on the invisible offensive PI call. Hannah had a great block on the second Harris TD and has flashed the speed to beat LB's in coverage.

- Butler has really taken advantage of his time in the starting lineup. He has been the most consistent pass rusher thus far in the preseason. Spencer looked solid for someone coming off the shelve and Sean Lee continues to flash all over the field. I'm interested to see how Rob deploys Carter/Conner, when Conner is on the field look for teams to attempt to exploit him in coverage. He has already proved in the preseason the he has difficulty running down with athletic tight ends, while Carter still seems to hesitate a split second while he reads plays.

- It was good to see Hatcher and Ratliff active in their return to the starting lineups. Josh Brent is going to be an important cog this year, I have a feeling this will be the year Ratliff begins to wear down. He already does a good job of holding his ground but still has to improve creating a push in the pocket.

- The secondary had another solid game, Carr and Claiborne can become special if the pass rush is there. Mo is still hesitant to drive on the short slant and hooks. I'm not sure if that is by design or if he his personally guarding against big plays. Sensy and Church have been quietly had a nice preseason and had another solid game.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
On that Orton sack I'm pretty sure the blame goes to Felix for not picking up Quinn. Tyron seemed to have assignment on someone else.
Wasn't Felix but you are 100% right.

#34 (Tanner) was meant to chip the edge while Tyron doubled inside. The play IMMEDIATELY developed that way and Tanner immediatelyl turned as soon as he realized his blown block.

As far as our WR situation I am excited. I think Ogletree has done enough to make the team even though personally I'd roll the dice on our youngsters and save the roster spot.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

My bad on calling Felix out then. Tanner overall hasn't impressed me like last year's preseason.