Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hah. That really WAS 5 min! He's the man. He's good at making adjustments and you guys will be better on defense next season. Cowboys made a mistake but we like to be hopeful around here. It's a sickness. We love to set ourselves up for failure. While the rest of the league is going away from the Tampa 2, we're charging right for it. It's laughable. Kiffin hasn't been relevant for a long time because the game has changed. But that's OK. He's got a good resume. 2002 isn't that far away right?
That team is going to be such a scum bag of a team. Fischer is a buddy ryan guy, and his teams are known to be fiesty or dirty. The nice term would be overly physical, and now you add Rob Ryan with that in your face mentality, and say what you think without using the brain-to-mouth filter, and that team will be interesting to watch.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
They have the personel for it Brockers and Langford would make good 5techs. I'm pretty sure Chris Long played 5-tech for Al Groh when he was at Virginia but may be able to stand up on the strong side. Robert Quinn can rush from a two point stance. Jenkins and Finnegan are his type of corners.

All they need is to add a NT in the draft and they would be fine.
I'm guessing that is Brockers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Rams just hired Rob Ryan. Good or bad? I'm sure you guys would know a lot more about him than I would.

I'd say weird, because I'm not where you guys are headed. I thought you guys had the idealistic 4-3 scheme with a picture perfect line. Quinn and Long could rival best DE combo in the league and Brockers was taken in the top 15 to be a DT in that scheme. I don't know about him as a NT in a 3-4, maybe he's an end.

What I do know is that Janoris should grow on his rookie season as he's a great fit with the aggressive man schemes he runs. He has a bunch of exotic looks, and personally I like his D. He's not going to transform a defense ie Wade Phillips in Houston but he'll make you be solid and get after the QB.

I'd listen out for a presser to hear how he wants to use your front 4 before being happy or mad. I thought you guys should have stuck with the 4-3 after so many high picks on the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:11 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I'm not trying to defend him (yuck), but the 2009 class would bring any team down to lowest DPR rate. 09 was all time bad.
Haha, the 2009 draft was awful and everyone knew it. I still remember the writers on DC.com defending it, calling our roster basically impenetrable other than Special Teams guys. Other than Butler and Phillips, what a waste.

On a side note, how good is the NFC West going to be down the road. Niners and Seahawks might be the 2 best teams in the NFC, and the Rams with all their draft picks could be scary down the road if they select well.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mort is reporting that Jerry is "trying to push out" John Garrett.

At this point he should just fire Jason, he's totally cut his legs out now.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Mort is reporting that Jerry is "trying to push out" John Garrett.

At this point he should just fire Jason, he's totally cut his legs out now.
It will be interesting to see if that really happens. I doubt it. I can see Jerry complaining about him but I don't see that move actually happening.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
@ToddHebert: @BryanBroaddus confused, u saying Jerry is bumping heads over John w/ Jason like Mort said or more bs? Mort is not wrong.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 09 class was pathetic and we all knew it afterwards. A class full of special teamers, haahhaaahahaaha. I think that was the Louis Delmas class. I just remember wanting to trade what we had left to get him and call it a draft. At least we would have had 1 starter *shrugs*

It's also funny to see Jerry in action. Why does he even hire a Head Coach? I think if it weren't for having to leave the sky box in his suit getting his glasses wiped off he would. I don't really care for JG but good Lord, can you at least let a HC pick his coordinators and ride with him? I hope Jerry doesn't make this ship go downhill like the last 10 years of the Raiders with Al Davis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is JG's last stand, Jerry is throwing his weight around and I wouldn't be surprised if we had a coaching change after this year. I think Jerry works in cycles and will go back to a veteran coach like Mike Holmgren if that is the case.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he sure is acting like Al Davis. LOL. We're done.

Who is your guys' second favorite team? hahaha
Old 01-12-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea WTF is going on.

WHAT IS JERRY DOING!?

Somebody assassinate Jerry Jones!.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiffin is a Garrett hire.

Garret's remarks:

Quote:
"I know Monte from spending time together with him with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and had a chance to see him coach up close on a day-to-day basis. His ability to teach everything - from the smallest fundamental details to the big picture of the overall defensive scheme - was always very impressive to me."
It certainly sounds like Garrett, in his typically understated-to-the-point-of-being-comatose way is claiming a little responsibility here. And Kiffin backed his play.

Quote:
"I came away from the interview process with Jason with a feeling that Dallas is the right place to be. He has this team headed in the right direction. They're close, and I am confident that there are quality pieces in place for us to be able to get the job done."
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well he sure is acting like Al Davis. LOL. We're done.

Who is your guys' second favorite team? hahaha
BRONCOS!! LOL

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Kiffin is a Garrett hire.

Garret's remarks:

It certainly sounds like Garrett, in his typically understated-to-the-point-of-being-comatose way is claiming a little responsibility here. And Kiffin backed his play.
Yeah I have a super long post I've been trying to put together that has that quote by jason and I realize it's been an offseason being controlled by him. That's why I don't see his brother going anywhere and if he does then Jerry is meddling too much in an Al Davis manner.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I have a super long post I've been trying to put together that has that quote by jason and I realize it's been an offseason being controlled by him. That's why I don't see his brother going anywhere and if he does then Jerry is meddling too much in an Al Davis manner.
Agreed his brother isn't leaving. Jerry likes to be the center of attention and JG is more than happy to let him. If you notice a lot of what JJ says sounds like it's being parroted out of context. As in JJ probably hears JG/Stephen/Rob in a meeting and hears something that sounds cool and uses it in his next conference. This type of this leads me to believe this is JG's team and he just allows the status quo in terms of letting Jerruh Jones hog the limelight.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody else hearing we're hiring Sparano?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 01-12-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Haven't heard anything with him.

On a side note watching the Broncos offensive line makes me jealous. Huge holes for the running game. Manning had enough time in the center of the pocket to go through all his progressions TWICE before having to move. The things we could do on offense with a good line...
Old 01-12-2013, 05:23 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Blogging The Boys ‏@BloggingTheBoys
Getting band back together RT @SullyBaldHead: Not sure of job title, but looks like Sparano could be joining Cowboys staff in next few days

Old 01-12-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Getting band back together RT @SullyBaldHead: Not sure of job title, but looks like Sparano could be joining Cowboys staff in next few days
I'm thinking he takes over for John Garrett if he is fired.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Garrett the TE's coach? If so again. Very little progression and a totally wasted pick on a quality TE that now plays for our rivals(Bennett). I don't necessarily think Jason is unwilling to give his brother the boot. Everyone assumes that is the case but at the end of the day it's a business and family relations count for very little.

Not saying it's a foregone conclusion that he's a goner or that it's a Jason Garrett decision. But I think you have to at least be open to the idea that it's a Cowboys management decision and Jason Garrett is apart of those decisions.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:04 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wonder what that means for Callahan. I figure Sparano would come back to be OC.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I wonder what that means for Callahan. I figure Sparano would come back to be OC.
Demotion to just being offensive line coach. That or he keeps the OL and OC and Sparano gets hired as an Assistant Head Coach / Offensive Playcaller
Old 01-12-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Raheem Moore looks like a Cowboy safety

Old 01-12-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Raheem Moore looks like a Cowboy safety
Yeah that was pathetic.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Bryan Broaddus ‏@BryanBroaddus
@zlindauer: @BryanBroaddus Who do you think our RT will be next year? Free, Parnell, Free Agent, or Draft Pick? Free.

Ugh....Hope hes wrong

Old 01-13-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Not sure he is coming here

Ex-Jets OC Tony Sparano will reportedly interview for the Chiefs offensive line coach position.
Before his four-year stint as Dolphins coach and failed one-year gig running the Jets offense, Sparano was a highly regarded offensive line coach with the Cowboys from 2003-2007. If he gets the Chiefs job, it will likely come with the assistant head coach title.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote