Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-16-2006, 07:01 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman
Montavious Stanley is back on the roster, claimed off waivers.
Somebody already said that. Anyway, I don't expect anythi ng from him, we still need a NT. Bad. Looking at the Depth Chart, JayRatliff is listid as #2 at NT. Do you guys think he has what it takes to not only play NT, but be a good player there if Fergeson goes down?
My bad didn't see that. I don't really expect much now, but I hope he is able to work his way into the gameday roster later.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss
What do you guys think of Mason Crosby in the 3rd or 4th round? Vanderjact has been kicking decent recently, but not sure if Parcells and the players are to fond of him.
I like him a lot, just not there. I bet that's what it would take to get him though. I don't think we would draft a kicker.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:49 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss
What do you guys think of Mason Crosby in the 3rd or 4th round? Vanderjact has been kicking decent recently, but not sure if Parcells and the players are to fond of him.
Actually in one of parcells press conferences this week he said he trusted Vandy and he has been kicking better in practice....so I would say that is a good sign on vandy.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:07 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_4667330

Anyone think there is any validity to this?
Yes there is truth to it. Numerous sites have reported it and two weeks ago on NFL Countdown Mort said that Butch Davis wanted the Cowboys job but was told Jeff Fischer was the top guy for the job......Mort said it was lock that Fischer is our next head coach. If BP is not back say hello to a familar face, the 4-3 defense.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

all of the rumors of fisher may HAVE been true when bledsoe was qb and parcells was having his heart broken every weekend, but now there are numerous sources that claim Romo has not only brought new life to the team but to Parcells as well. Im not so sure he would be ready to walk away this year when he knows what this team could be after spending some time together. We just recently started to gel, up until the past couple weeks this team was a monster headache, now they give us and bp somthing to look forward to.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:58 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
all of the rumors of fisher may HAVE been true when bledsoe was qb and parcells was having his heart broken every weekend, but now there are numerous sources that claim Romo has not only brought new life to the team but to Parcells as well. Im not so sure he would be ready to walk away this year when he knows what this team could be after spending some time together. We just recently started to gel, up until the past couple weeks this team was a monster headache, now they give us and bp somthing to look forward to.
I wouldn't doubt that Romo has brought new energy into Bill Parcells and I think there is a possibility he returns but all of the Fischer reports have come out after Bledsoe was benched so it really has nothing to do with what you said.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you guys hear the latest rumors that Tom Brady wants to be the QB of the Dallas Cowboys when his contract expires????!!! Supposedly, Jessica Simpson told her agent this after her date with Tony Romo and her agent leaked the info. Romo was expressing how he was afraid of losing his job to her. :shock:

...that's how you guys sound like talking about Jeff Fischer as the next coach.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:38 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Mort knows his stuff D-Unit. If Parcells is gone, Fischer will be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys mark my words. Now if Parcells does return then nothing else matters.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:49 PM    (permalink
TheBoss
Rookie

TheBoss hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

God I hope Parcells comes back. Fisher has the worst mustache this side of Lionel Richie. I don't want to see that on the sidelines.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Mort knows his stuff D-Unit. If Parcells is gone, Fischer will be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys mark my words. Now if Parcells does return then nothing else matters.
Excuse me, but Mort is the one who came out last offseason and proclaimed to the world that Parcells was going to call it quits and retire.

Instead, Parcells signed an extention.

I don't believe a thing Mort says... but you go ahead and do that. I'll believe it when I see it. I think Mort is nothing but a puppet. He obviously thinks that he has inside sources, but I think those sources are being controlled to leak exactly what Parcells wants leaked.... big fat lies.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Jeff Fisher isnt cowboy material... I dont see how we could get a coach like that. Dick Lebeau would be a nice addition in terms with what he could do with the defense, but who knows if he could be a HC...

In a perfect world, we could have parcells as HC and lebeau as DC
Old 11-17-2006, 02:26 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
Jeff Fisher isnt cowboy material... I dont see how we could get a coach like that. Dick Lebeau would be a nice addition in terms with what he could do with the defense, but who knows if he could be a HC...

In a perfect world, we could have parcells as HC and lebeau as DC
Well we do know that he couldn't do it in Cinny....IDK if I really would expect great things out of him. Personally I love D's idea of singletary...but I have a feeling its not gonna happen.

If we went offensive HC my guy would probabally be solari. :|

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:50 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Just like Mort was right last year when he said BP was going to quit after the '05 season!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mort was also one of the geniuses at ESPN promoting the TO suicide story as if it were fact.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:28 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Mort was also one of the geniuses at ESPN promoting the TO suicide story as if it were fact.

Good one.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question. I noticed during the Cardinals game that the Cowboys came out in their nickel package alot more often than in weeks past, mainly because the Cards use a 3 WR set. It was used almost as much as their 3-4 base.

Do you think they'll use the nickel package as their base against the Colts since Indy is almost exclusively a 3 WR base? I think that would be dumb, you want to confuse the protection with the 3-4 mask, using that basic nickel against Indy is suicide. Any thoughts?
Old 11-17-2006, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Question. I noticed during the Cardinals game that the Cowboys came out in their nickel package alot more often than in weeks past, mainly because the Cards use a 3 WR set. It was used almost as much as their 3-4 base.

Do you think they'll use the nickel package as their base against the Colts since Indy is almost exclusively a 3 WR base? I think that would be dumb, you want to confuse the protection with the 3-4 mask, using that basic nickel against Indy is suicide. Any thoughts?
I didn't see the game, but the Cowboys used 2 different nickel looks against the Cardinals. One was more for the run and one was more for the pass.

I'm sure the Cowboys will use the 3-4 quite a bit, but it's hard not to play a lot of nickel because of having either a LB or safety covering the 3rd WR.

I would say that we'll probably use the 3-4 more in this game than against the Cardinals because Ellis is gone and whoever replaces him should be better in coverage. Another reason would be to keep Newman on the outside against Harrison instead of moving him onto Stokely or Clark in the slot in our nickel package.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:55 PM    (permalink
youngbuck

Quote:

The cowboys are looking to use their penny defense where they stay in the base 3-4 but play only one saftey (Roy Williams) and bring in the nickel corner (Aaron Glenn).
Old 11-17-2006, 05:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck
Quote:

The cowboys are looking to use their penny defense where they stay in the base 3-4 but play only one saftey (Roy Williams) and bring in the nickel corner (Aaron Glenn).
I guess that means Roy will be used as a FS in this game? Thats risky. They have the CBs to do it, but I don't know if you wanna run 1 S against Peyton. I like the nickel 335 package, but I never seen Dallas run it yet. The penny is a hit or miss philosophy, it will be interesting to see if it works.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck
Quote:

I guess that means Roy will be used as a FS in this game? Thats risky. They have the CBs to do it, but I don't know if you wanna run 1 S against Peyton. I like the nickel 335 package, but I never seen Dallas run it yet. The penny is a hit or miss philosophy, it will be interesting to see if it works.
They've used this earlier in the season, I think it was against the Jaguars. It's not like they'll be using it the whole game either. Having 3 different nickel style defenses to throw at a team keeps you pretty flexible in what you can do.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

I disagree with the statement that a basic nickle package against the colts would be suicide. They play in a basic offense and the bills used a basic nickle package through most of the game if i remember correctly and that worked wonders. People should take into consideration that the bills start 2 rookie safeties as well. The only problem wiwth the bills was that they didnt have an offense. If we could mirror their defense and keep our offense rolling like it has, we should have a good shot.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:28 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Jones remarked on the radio this week that the defense we showed against Arizona was about as plain Jane as you are going to see. We mainly played coverage because we knew there was no way we were going to get beat except for by giving up multiple big plays. Therefore, if you are going to do that, you just matchup as best you can and let your far superior talent take it's toll. That's basically what we did. I expect us to play much less nickel this week.

Also, Stokely has been out, and if he doesn't play then the Colts won't play hardly any 3 WR. They have been flexing Clark out into the slot a bit, but that isn't nearly as big as mismatch against our 3-4 as having Stokely in that spot would be. I dont' expect us to use much of the penny alignment this week. If we do, we're crazy. Peyton will eat that for lunch.

Also, Thule, the game you are thinking about was the first Washington game. DeMarcus followed Cooley across the field to simulate man coverage, and then swooped in right at the snap. Unfortunately, it was not a sack, although it was very close. Brunell dumped it off for an incomplete pass. Iirc, I thought at the time that it should have been intentional grounding, but I will have to go back and look again.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Just found out that the game is on cable TV here!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2006, 09:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Just found out that the game is on cable TV here!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah it's on cbs at 4:05 here I believe. I havent missed a cowboys game all year, last season I missed I believe two because, I live in jersey.

We play the lions on my B-day and I bet that will be the only game not televised.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got Sunday Ticket. 8)

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote