Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-31-2013, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Do you guys think Larry Allen will get in on his first ballot?
Best OG of all time IMO, could have been a perennial Prowbowl player at OT and has a Super Bowl ring. I think it should be a slam dunk.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Do you guys think Larry Allen will get in on his first ballot?
Without a doubt. He defined an era with the Cowboys and is a member of two different all-decade teams. 11-time pro-bowler and 7-time all-pro. Ogden and Allen should both by first ballot.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Without a doubt. He defined an era with the Cowboys and is a member of two different all-decade teams. 11-time pro-bowler and 7-time all-pro. Ogden and Allen should both by first ballot.
and he probably won't b/c he's a cowboy
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Allen is my idol. I'm hoping like hell he gets in the Hall. He was the best lineman when he played. People look at OT more, but he dominated there too. That guy was insanely good in every way. He was the perfect player. Had heart, strong as ****, pretty damn fast for his size, great feet, and played multiple spots and was the best at it. He should be a slam dunk, but his position might hurt him. Like CBM said too, being a Cowboy might hurt him.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm trying not to be a homer Cowboys fan, but he should hands down get in 1st ballot. He was the most dominant OL during his time and possibly one of the most of all time.

I also think Warren Sapp should be in on the 1st ballot too. He changed the way DT's played football in the league. Esp from a pass rushing standpoint.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yep. I read it the same way and chuckled but that's how it's going to work. :) Disregard horrendous blocking, Felix Jones as a primary RB, and Kevin Ogletree as a #2 WR but use excuses for Rob due to liking him.

The move away from Rob was due to the changing of schemes to fit under the cap. We didn't have the pieces to continue trotting out the 3-4 and both JG and JJ had been interested in playing the 4-3 on defense. It was a money move.

Rob was a distinctly average to good DC not to be idolized nor to be hated.
Exactly. Bad players, bad play calling, Injuries, ect ect..Romo should have to overcome all of those things but Ryan and only Ryan can use those excuses

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yep. I read it the same way and chuckled but that's how it's going to work. :) Disregard horrendous blocking, Felix Jones as a primary RB, and Kevin Ogletree as a #2 WR but use excuses for Rob due to liking him.

The move away from Rob was due to the changing of schemes to fit under the cap. We didn't have the pieces to continue trotting out the 3-4 and both JG and JJ had been interested in playing the 4-3 on defense. It was a money move.

Rob was a distinctly average to good DC not to be idolized nor to be hated.
I never disregarded horrendous blocking or any other team weaknesses that Romo had to endure. I think you chose the wrong word. Cause the opposite is true. That's why I say Romo needs a better supporting cast.

It's kind of a weird twist that pocketaces made, cause both Rob and Romo could've done better with better players supporting them. I don't disagree with that at all.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Exactly. Bad players, bad play calling, Injuries, ect ect..Romo should have to overcome all of those things but Ryan and only Ryan can use those excuses
Romo is getting those excuses isn't he? I never said he didn't have a reason to be bad. I keep saying we need to make the team around him better in order for him to win. That's the opposite of what you are trying to say about the way I judge him. IMO, this team needs to become a way more balanced and be able to run the ball off Murray being a true star of this team... ala Ray Rice and Joe Flacco. Rice and the OL is the reason that offense works and Flacco can be effective. THAT is what we need to be like on offense. We can't be heaving the ball as if every down is a panic need to pass situation.

If you guys don't think Ryan had any excuses, let's just respectfully agree to disagree.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Romo is getting those excuses isn't he? I never said he didn't have a reason to be bad. I keep saying we need to make the team around him better in order for him to win. That's the opposite of what you are trying to say about the way I judge him. IMO, this team needs to become a way more balanced and be able to run the ball off Murray being a true star of this team... ala Ray Rice and Joe Flacco. Rice and the OL is the reason that offense works and Flacco can be effective. THAT is what we need to be like on offense. We can't be heaving the ball as if every down is a panic need to pass situation.

If you guys don't think Ryan had any excuses, let's just respectfully agree to disagree.
And your saying the same for Ryan, right?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 01-31-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never disregarded horrendous blocking or any other team weaknesses that Romo had to endure. I think you chose the wrong word. Cause the opposite is true. That's why I say Romo needs a better supporting cast.

It's kind of a weird twist that pocketaces made, cause both Rob and Romo could've done better with better players supporting them. I don't disagree with that at all.
I was just referring to the rhetoric about Tony will never win us a Super Bowl win and when we offered up the offensive line, poor running game, and lack of talent at WR you stated that we were asking for a perfect team around Tony to win.

We could easily start a Felix Jones and have Kevin Ogletree as a primary contributor BUT only if we had an elite offensive line like say San Francisco. I mean no one is going to confuse old Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, and Jenkins as an elite WR core but they can easily get it done thanks to one of the better offensive lines in the league. Of course Frank Gore also balances out the offense as you stated with the Ravens.

Tony will not lead this team on a deep playoff run unless our offensive line can win 5 vs 4 battles consistently. If you force teams to blitz to get pressure you will have favorable matchups down the field. This is football 101 though which is sad to see us continually fail at such a fundamental level. If defenses can win 4v5's at a reasonable clip the success rate of the defense skyrockets. Hell the Giants are a great example of 4 man pressure fronts. You can even start Corey Webster and get away with it if you are winning the battle up front.

As far as Rob he certainly doesn't deserve to be ridiculed nor championed. He did a reasonable job and brought a passion to the sidelines that hadn't been seen in quite a while. The team wanted to change schemes for both financial and tactical standpoints and Rob was the odd man out.

The situation in St. Louis Rob actually turned the Rams down and not the other way around. He was being asked to run a 4-3 system and was NOT granted the ability to pick his assistants. Hardly fault him for passing on the gig.

Last edited by Trogdor : 01-31-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
And your saying the same for Ryan, right?
Yeah. I definitely think he could've been more aggressive had we had our deep coverage issues resolved.

Same with Romo. We have to give him better protection and a better defense. He can't be relied upon to carry the load like he has been. The protection and running game have to pick up the slack.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I was just referring to the rhetoric about Tony will never win us a Super Bowl win and when we offered up the offensive line, poor running game, and lack of talent at WR you stated that we were asking for a perfect team around Tony to win.

We could easily start a Felix Jones and have Kevin Ogletree as a primary contributor BUT only if we had an elite offensive line like say San Francisco. I mean no one is going to confuse old Moss, Crabtree, Manningham, and Jenkins as an elite WR core but they can easily get it done thanks to one of the better offensive lines in the league. Of course Frank Gore also balances out the offense as you stated with the Ravens.

Tony will not lead this team on a deep playoff run unless our offensive line can win 5 vs 4 battles consistently. If you force teams to blitz to get pressure you will have favorable matchups down the field. This is football 101 though which is sad to see us continually fail at such a fundamental level. If defenses can win 4v5's at a reasonable clip the success rate of the defense skyrockets. Hell the Giants are a great example of 4 man pressure fronts. You can even start Corey Webster and get away with it if you are winning the battle up front.

As far as Rob he certainly doesn't deserve to be ridiculed nor championed. He did a reasonable job and brought a passion to the sidelines that hadn't been seen in quite a while. The team wanted to change schemes for both financial and tactical standpoints and Rob was the odd man out.

The situation in St. Louis Rob actually turned the Rams down and not the other way around. He was being asked to run a 4-3 system and was NOT granted the ability to pick his assistants. Hardly fault him for passing on the gig.
Tony does need that help though. What you're pointing out as the reasons for his failures are the same as reasons for my thinking he needs them. Without it, you know he can't win (proof of our season). Without it, I know he can't win (proof of our season). I guess the difference is how we view it? Mine as a critic... you as a defender... but ultimately, we're believing the same thing needs to happen in order for this team to go forward.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Larry Allen. That is all

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...dium=twi tter

Old 02-02-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations Larry Allen!!!!

Old 02-02-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES! LA is in on the first chance. It's nice to see Cris Carter finally make it too.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Larry said Jerry Jones will induct him.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as a like ESPN, they are so bias. I've had it on all day and they keep showing BP and Chris Carter like they are the only two players being elected to the HOF. Yes, we know they belong and yes we know they work for espn. Give credit to the rest of the guys.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
As much as a like ESPN, they are so bias. I've had it on all day and they keep showing BP and Chris Carter like they are the only two players being elected to the HOF. Yes, we know they belong and yes we know they work for espn. Give credit to the rest of the guys.
well they do work for espn so i would imagine they would be all on them.

hey what was dilfer's fatal flaw in flacco that he was promoting on friday on mike and mike i missed all the pregame espn stuff
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
well they do work for espn so i would imagine they would be all on them.

hey what was dilfer's fatal flaw in flacco that he was promoting on friday on mike and mike i missed all the pregame espn stuff
That he makes 49%of his throws of 20+ yards or more to the right compared to a pedestrian 29% from the left hash. Basically said if teams bottle up the deep ball to the right he struggles.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Time for LA to get in the Ring of Honor too.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Can you imagine how awesome Dallas would be if we could consistently get calls like the Ravens?
Old 02-03-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Can you imagine how awesome Dallas would be if we could consistently get calls like the Ravens?
Another team we should have beat and knocked out of the playoffs to go on and win the SB..... Sigh

Old 02-03-2013, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Another team we should have beat and knocked out of the playoffs to go on and win the SB..... Sigh
If I recall they had zero penalties for zero yards going into the fourth quarter on us too.

Team of NFL destiny perhaps?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:27 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Quote:
Time for LA to get in the Ring of Honor too.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/ring-of...rry-Allen.html

He is already there brother.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say I LOVED when they introduced Larry Allen at the super bowl as a new member of the HOF and he had a big dip of snuff in! I had to pause it and show my wife. She thought it was disgusting, but I told her "Big Bad Larry Allen does whatever the phuck he wants to do!"

I am very happy he made it in. And his dip, too!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote