Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-13-2013, 07:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
Bucs signed Goldson to pair with Barron. I've seen it said by multiple people today that they now believe the Bucs are neck and neck with Seattle for best safety tandem in the league.

I really like what Tampa is doing on both sides of the ball. It pretty much all hinges on Freeman at this point. They've put together a really nice squad with a good mix of youth & vets.

If they trade for Revis that secondary is going to be ridiculous. Lavonte David was already a stud last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Lavonte too. I knew we wouldn't draft him, but I loved him. So instinctual.

Small LBs who project strictly as 4-3 WILLs have been bargain players in recent years. One of the most overrated qualities in LBs is the ability to shed blocks. It's not about shedding blocks. It's about slipping blocks.

Even Patrick Willis is done for if he has to go toe to toe with a OLmen head on. Shedding blocks is not important. How you slip them with speed, instincts and angles is important.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I definitely had him as a late first round guy before the senior bowl and combine after Josh Norris brought him to my attention.

Standing out at the senior bowl, looking great at the combine, and running a 4.5 40 was really just frosting on the cake for me.

I know both Norris and Matt Miller have Cyprien and Vacarro going in the 1st right now.

Take a good, hard look at him and you'll see what the hype is about. Thick, powerful build with great functional speed and range. Big hitter. Ball skills.

The guy is the total package and would be a no brainier if not for playing at FIU.

As I've said before, the one thing that Vacarro & Elam have over him is versatility because they have so much experience in the slot. However, I doubt the Cowboys will be asking the safeties to drop down into slot in Kiffin's scheme.

That's not to say Cyprien can't be just as effective in coverage either. He doesn't have the experience in man coverage but his range is outstanding, especially when you consider his size.

Plus, the whole idea is that Carter & Lee are athletic enough to play the TE with safety help over the top. This scheme isn't typically going to be set up for the safeties to match up 1 on 1 with TE's.

This is probably true, but it scares me to draft Safeties scheme dependent on a 70 year old DC. Reminds me of the Cover 2 type of Safeties who can only be good in that scheme. Not to say Cyprien falls into that category, but I think it's a special trait for a Safety to kick down into the slot. Just having those type of hips and cover ability make safeties cover much better in space and have more range. Plus I don't know what scheme we'll run if Kiffin is fired, it could be an aggressive 4-3 scheme and involve a bunch of man and blitzing where you need a Safety with that ability.

Quote:
Old 03-13-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yall remember this guy?

Patriots gave former Rams WR Danny Amendola's a five-year, $31 million deal that includes $10 million guaranteed.

Who woulda thought

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Yall remember this guy?

Patriots gave former Rams WR Danny Amendola's a five-year, $31 million deal that includes $10 million guaranteed.

Who woulda thought
A truly great story. Very happy for him.

But honestly, I don't think he would've become that player here in Dallas. Cole Beasley is our version... but I'm really wondering about Danny Coale. I think it's gonna be tough competition between Beasley, Coale and Harris for that #3 spot.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I definitely had him as a late first round guy before the senior bowl and combine after Josh Norris brought him to my attention.

Standing out at the senior bowl, looking great at the combine, and running a 4.5 40 was really just frosting on the cake for me.

I know both Norris and Matt Miller have Cyprien and Vacarro going in the 1st right now.

Take a good, hard look at him and you'll see what the hype is about. Thick, powerful build with great functional speed and range. Big hitter. Ball skills.

The guy is the total package and would be a no brainier if not for playing at FIU.

As I've said before, the one thing that Vacarro & Elam have over him is versatility because they have so much experience in the slot. However, I doubt the Cowboys will be asking the safeties to drop down into slot in Kiffin's scheme.

That's not to say Cyprien can't be just as effective in coverage either. He doesn't have the experience in man coverage but his range is outstanding, especially when you consider his size.

Plus, the whole idea is that Carter & Lee are athletic enough to play the TE with safety help over the top. This scheme isn't typically going to be set up for the safeties to match up 1 on 1 with TE's.
You gotta pronounce stuff like this before it happens not afterwards if you want real acknowledgement. Everyone and their dog hyped him up during Senior Bowl week. I definitely jumped on board his bandwagon then as well. But it really would've been something if you came here before SB week to talk about him.

I just think the safety class is way too deep to take one in Round 1, especially when the talent isn't exponentially different. There might be 4th/5th round Safeties that make it better than 2nd round ones this year. I really believe that.

Just not happening with OL. Especially OG. The class is deep, but the drop off is significant. It's Cooper/Warmack and everyone else.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
A truly great story. Very happy for him.

But honestly, I don't think he would've become that player here in Dallas. Cole Beasley is our version... but I'm really wondering about Danny Coale. I think it's gonna be tough competition between Beasley, Coale and Harris for that #3 spot.
Would be nice if Harris stepped up to our #2 and Coale or Beasley emerged as our slot and Miles and his salary go bye bye.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
This is probably true, but it scares me to draft Safeties scheme dependent on a 70 year old DC. Reminds me of the Cover 2 type of Safeties who can only be good in that scheme. Not to say Cyprien falls into that category, but I think it's a special trait for a Safety to kick down into the slot. Just having those type of hips and cover ability make safeties cover much better in space and have more range. Plus I don't know what scheme we'll run if Kiffin is fired, it could be an aggressive 4-3 scheme and involve a bunch of man and blitzing where you need a Safety with that ability.
I agree. Versatility is becoming more and more important. I'd say Cyprien has the athleticism to be one of those guys but since he wasnt asked to in college, I'm just speculating.

Either way, I'm a fan of his. Would welcome him at 18 and wouldn't question it being a reach.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You gotta pronounce stuff like this before it happens not afterwards if you want real acknowledgement. Everyone and their dog hyped him up during Senior Bowl week. I definitely jumped on board his bandwagon then as well. But it really would've been something if you came here before SB week to talk about him.

I just think the safety class is way too deep to take one in Round 1, especially when the talent isn't exponentially different. There might be 4th/5th round Safeties that make it better than 2nd round ones this year. I really believe that.

Just not happening with OL. Especially OG. The class is deep, but the drop off is significant. It's Cooper/Warmack and everyone else.
Pronounce? You mean announce? Or state?

Go look at my twitter history if you want to play score keeper.

I could really care less about board recognition. Go back to the few months I spent here last year talking about how great Barron was.

I remember after drafting Claiborne, you specifically said "The Barron talk was a smoke screen and the Bucs are fools who got tricked into over drafting a guy"

Well, film Guru Greg Cosell came out today and said Barron & Goldson are the best tandem in the league and has previously said Barron is one of the premier safeties in the class.

So it's a bit ironic for you to be telling me what to look for in a safety when my track record is there.

We could even go back to when I was higher than anyone on Major Wright who graded out as a top 5 safety last year if my earlier accounts hadn't been deleted by oversensitive mods.

****, we could go back to when I was saying Clay Mathews would be the best LB out of USC when many were considering him a 3rd round situational player -- meanwhile, you were pounding the table for a 1 dimensional Maualuga.

So yeah, we can keep score, but you won't like the tally.

Am I perfect? No, not by any stretch. But am I better at evaluating talent than you? You bet.

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 03-13-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Yall remember this guy?

Who woulda thought
Funny, we had him and could have had Andrew Hawkins but chose Jesse Holly instead. Oh Jerry.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Yall remember this guy?

Who woulda thought
Funny, we had him and could have had Andrew Hawkins but chose Jesse Holly instead. Oh Jerry.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Pronounce? You mean announce? Or state?

Go look at my twitter history if you want to play score keeper.

I could really care less about board recognition. Go back to the few months I spent here last year talking about how great Barron was.

I remember after drafting Claiborne, you specifically said "The Barron talk was a smoke screen and the Bucs are fools who got tricked into over drafting a guy"

Well, film Guru Greg Cosell came out today and said Barron & Goldson is the best tandem in the league and has previously said Barron is one of the premier safeties in the class.

So it's a bit ironic for you to be telling me what to look for in a safety when my track record is there.

We could even go back to when I was higher than anyone on Major Wright who graded out as a top 5 safety last year if my earlier accounts hadn't been deleted by oversensitive mods.

****, we could go back to when I was saying Clay Mathews would be the best LB out of USC when many were considering him a 3rd round situational player -- meanwhile, you were pounding the table for a 1 dimensional Maualuga.

So yeah, we can keep score, but you won't like the tally.
Oh gosh. Way to go overboard. I was just saying it would've been cool for you to have been here to get proper credit instead of looking like you're just riding the bandwagon.

As for score keeping, I don't pay attention to that. I get that people love to do it, but I know a lot of people don't too. I know that if I tallied up what I've said in the past, that I'd come away looking like a fool on a lot of things. I'm not here to play score keeper. I may have said it wrong, but I didn't mean to irk you. Just meant to say it would've been cool for one of our posters (you in this case) to bring him up before the hype began. That would've been something neat! I have a certain pride in the Cowboys posters that we have here. So when someone says stuff that deserves mention/credit/kudos, that always makes me think "Right on!"

For myself, I say a lot of donkey stuff... and that's either my attempt to get a rise out of folks... or I also like to say stuff off my chest (in full undisclosed bias) and that will lead me off a cliff sometimes too... and sometimes I like to be a "solution" thinker and come up with things that are sometimes out of the box... and sometimes I just say things as I see it. etc etc etc. Whatever the final scorecard is, I'm sure it ain't pretty, but I've had a damn fun time talking about it. ..and that's all I'm really here for. :)
Old 03-13-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Oh gosh. Way to go overboard. I was just saying it would've been cool for you to have been here to get proper credit instead of looking like you're just riding the bandwagon.

As for score keeping, I don't pay attention to that. I get that people love to do it, but I know a lot of people don't too. I know that if I tallied up what I've said in the past, that I'd come away looking like a fool on a lot of things. I'm not here to play score keeper. I may have said it wrong, but I didn't mean to irk you. Just meant to say it would've been cool for one of our posters (you in this case) to bring him up before the hype began. That would've been something neat! I have a certain pride in the Cowboys posters that we have here. So when someone says stuff that deserves mention/credit/kudos, that always makes me think "Right on!"

For myself, I say a lot of donkey stuff... and that's either my attempt to get a rise out of folks... or I also like to say stuff off my chest (in full undisclosed bias) and that will lead me off a cliff sometimes too... and sometimes I like to be a "solution" thinker and come up with things that are sometimes out of the box... and sometimes I just say things as I see it. etc etc etc. Whatever the final scorecard is, I'm sure it ain't pretty, but I've had a damn fun time talking about it. ..and that's all I'm really here for. :)
I'll say this, you are the eternal optimist.

Every year, no matter what moves are made and no matter what failures the team has gone through, you manage to stay positive. You stand by the moves. You look on the bright side. You like to keep hope alive with the troops and I get that.

I'm the opposite.

And believe me -- if we go back, we'll also find posts of me talking about how Matt Ryan is going to be a bust and can't be a leader of men. So no one is perfect.

But anyway, my bad. I thought you were trying to call me out as if I'm just making stuff up for board credit when the fact is I've put a lot of time into this this year.

In the past it's just been a hobby but I got an opportunity this year that I've decided to run with.

I have just been hired part-time to start writing for a big website as one of their 4 NFL writers with an opportunity to go full time depending on how my feedback is.

I figure these boards, specifically the team boards, give you a real good idea on the pulse of the fan base. There are more educated fans here and typically you have to be a "super fan" to join a message board.

Often times you see people write about a team and they don't have a great feel for what the real fans think.

For example, maybe there is some backup or part time player the fans feel like deserves more time. If he's on the Jaguars or something, chances are I am not going to be fully aware of him. This is going to be a great resource for me in that regard.

Anyway, I haven't started yet because they're waiting for FA to cool off before showing me how to post on the website and everything but ill keep you guys in the loop when I get started.

I'd also like some harsh and truthful criticism of my work once I start. No one ever got better by getting ass slaps and high fives. So come at me hard. Let me know what sucks and what I can change.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:30 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAHA Drewy going at Nick Eatman on Twitter. This is pretty awesome(sarcasm) Twitter battle!!!

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman
For my job, there weren't many players better than @mspears96 ... Stand up guy, class act and had a great outlook on things! He'll be missed

D. Vuitton ‏@DrewyVuitton
@nickeatman maybe by you but not by the team. Just more poor analysis and puff from Eatman, what else is new.

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman
@DrewyVuitton analysis?It's called respect for a great dude! I feel sorry for you Bc you have no depth.all ball! Unfollow me &my puff tweets

@DrewyVuitton ain't **** huh ... Keep plugging away frosty tips .. 200 is right around the corner !!!

@nickeatman all natural but thanks for showing your insecurities.

@nickeatman proven fact at went people attack looks it because they're envious. Sorry man, some people are just ugly. It's life.

@nickeatman but keep writing puff pieces and maybe one day Jerry will throw you a bone and let you wash his car. Lol. ****** loser.

@nickeatman the dude that looks like last night's pizza after I **** it out takin shots at this golden mane is classic.

@nickeatman think we're just gonna call you pepperoni boy from now on. Pepperoni boy's puff pieces -- new name for your articles. No charge.

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman
@DrewyVuitton get it started ! You've got tons of people to back you on this .. Seems like you waste a lot of time tweeting to the masses

@nickeatman quality over quantity. I got babygirls and real fans. You have ppl that think Marcus spears is Reggie white

@nickeatman you do realize people care about the cowboys and not you, right? Like, they give less than 2 shits about you personally

@nickeatman so keep piggy backing on the star thinking you're a someone. Pepperoni boy.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
HAHA Drewy going at Nick Eatman on Twitter. This is pretty awesome(sarcasm) Twitter battle!!!

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman
For my job, there weren't many players better than @mspears96 ... Stand up guy, class act and had a great outlook on things! He'll be missed

@nickeatman maybe by you but not by the team. Just more poor analysis and puff from Eatman, what else is new.

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman
@DrewyVuitton analysis?It's called respect for a great dude! I feel sorry for you Bc you have no depth.all ball! Unfollow me &my puff tweets

@DrewyVuitton ain't **** huh ... Keep plugging away frosty tips .. 200 is right around the corner !!!

@nickeatman all natural but thanks for showing your insecurities.

@nickeatman proven fact at went people attack looks it because they're envious. Sorry man, some people are just ugly. It's life.

@nickeatman but keep writing puff pieces and maybe one day Jerry will throw you a bone and let you wash his car. Lol. ****** loser.

@nickeatman the dude that looks like last night's pizza after I **** it out takin shots at this golden mane is classic.

@nickeatman think we're just gonna call you pepperoni boy from now on. Pepperoni boy's puff pieces -- new name for your articles. No charge.

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman
@DrewyVuitton get it started ! You've got tons of people to back you on this .. Seems like you waste a lot of time tweeting to the masses

@nickeatman quality over quantity. I got babygirls and real fans. You have ppl that think Marcus spears is Reggie white

@nickeatman you do realize people care about the cowboys and not you, right? Like, they give less than 2 shits about you personally

@nickeatman so keep piggy backing on the star thinking you're a someone. Pepperoni boy.
They are leading each other off the cliff.

If you are good, people will recognize it without you having to bring someone else down in order to puff up yourself. Eatman is not a big deal, but yeah Cowboys fans know him. Burns is clearly trying to gain attention to himself by knocking Eatman down here, and Eatman is laughably falling into the trap. I think Burns is going about it totally the wrong way. But that's his style...and ya gotta stay true to yourself, eh? lol

Go Burns, go! Twitter warz ftw!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'll say this, you are the eternal optimist.

Every year, no matter what moves are made and no matter what failures the team has gone through, you manage to stay positive. You stand by the moves. You look on the bright side. You like to keep hope alive with the troops and I get that.

I'm the opposite.

And believe me -- if we go back, we'll also find posts of me talking about how Matt Ryan is going to be a bust and can't be a leader of men. So no one is perfect.

But anyway, my bad. I thought you were trying to call me out as if I'm just making stuff up for board credit when the fact is I've put a lot of time into this this year.

In the past it's just been a hobby but I got an opportunity this year that I've decided to run with.

I have just been hired part-time to start writing for a big website as one of their 4 NFL writers with an opportunity to go full time depending on how my feedback is.

I figure these boards, specifically the team boards, give you a real good idea on the pulse of the fan base. There are more educated fans here and typically you have to be a "super fan" to join a message board.

Often times you see people write about a team and they don't have a great feel for what the real fans think.

For example, maybe there is some backup or part time player the fans feel like deserves more time. If he's on the Jaguars or something, chances are I am not going to be fully aware of him. This is going to be a great resource for me in that regard.

Anyway, I haven't started yet because they're waiting for FA to cool off before showing me how to post on the website and everything but ill keep you guys in the loop when I get started.

I'd also like some harsh and truthful criticism of my work once I start. No one ever got better by getting ass slaps and high fives. So come at me hard. Let me know what sucks and what I can change.
That's REAAAAALLLY COOL man. Chase it! Wish you luck. If you feel like you need some honest feedback before releasing your stuff, you can ping us little guys here.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
They are leading each other off the cliff.

If you are good, people will recognize it without you having to bring someone else down in order to puff up yourself. Eatman is not a big deal, but yeah Cowboys fans know him. Burns is clearly trying to gain attention to himself by knocking Eatman down here, and Eatman is laughably falling into the trap. I think Burns is going about it totally the wrong way. But that's his style...and ya gotta stay true to yourself, eh? lol

Go Burns, go! Twitter warz ftw!
I hate Eatman. No objectivity. Thinks the Cowboys are a well run organization and can do no wrong. Takes shots at my dog. Always trying to claim I "frost my tips" -- can't handle my golden locks.

Then he tells me I have no depth and only care about football -- um, ya bro. No ****. I don't care what the guy had for breakfast, if he's nice, and if he made you feel warm inside during an interview. This isn't a TV show or a movie or a novel. I write strictly about performance.

Personality should have no barring on how a player is analyzed. If he sucks, he sucks. If he's good, he's good. Case & point being OJ Simpson. Great football player. Marcus Spears, avg in his BEST years. Near bust. Deserves no credit.

Eatman says he added to the culture. What culture? Underachieving? That you'll be resigned even though you have no impact. That culture? Pathetic.

Anyway, I do just do that to get a rise out of him but that twitter account won't be the one I use once I start writing. I say way too much **** on there to be taken seriously.

I honestly wasnt even trying to gain notoriety out of it but I can't keep my mouth closed when a Dallas Cowboys writer tries to sensationalize Marcus Spears. He was nearly a complete bust. Wasnt worth a damn to this team ever.

Fans came at me defending Eatman and telling me "Marcus Spears is one of the best players I've ever seen take a football field"

It's actually crazy how stupid some people are.

But im going to keep that one to talk to my friends and babygirls and then have a separate one for work just to post links, analysis, whatever.

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 03-14-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:57 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
That's REAAAAALLLY COOL man. Chase it! Wish you luck. If you feel like you need some honest feedback before releasing your stuff, you can ping us little guys here.
Difficult part will be juggling a part time position along with a real life job so we'll see. It may be short lived but I'm going to try my best to follow my passion.

And no one is a little guy. Really could have happened to anyone. They just liked my tweets and reached out to me. I'm as little as anyone else.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I hate Eatman. No objectivity. Thinks the Cowboys are a well run organization and can do no wrong. Takes shots at my dog. Always trying to claim I "frost my tips" -- can't handle my golden locks.

Then he tells me I have no depth and only care about football -- um, ya bro. No ****. I don't care what the guy had for breakfast, if he's nice, and if he made you feel warm inside during an interview. This isn't a TV show or a movie or a novel. I write strictly about performance.

Personality should have no barring on how a player is analyzed. If he sucks, he sucks. If he's good, he's good. Case & point being OJ Simpson. Great football player. Marcus Spears, avg in his BEST years. Near bust. Deserves no credit.

Eatman says he added to the culture. What culture? Underachieving? That you'll be resigned even though you have no impact. That culture? Pathetic.

Anyway, I do just do that to get a rise out of him but that twitter account won't be the one I use once I start writing. I say way too much **** on there to be taken seriously.

I honestly wasnt even trying to gain notoriety out of it but I can't keep my mouth closed when a Dallas Cowboys writer tries to sensationalize Marcus Spears. He was nearly a complete bust. Wasnt worth a damn to this team ever.

Fans came at me defending Eatman and telling me "Marcus Spears is one of the best players I've ever seen take a football field"

It's actually crazy how stupid some people are.

But im going to keep that one to talk to my friends and babygirls and then have a separate one for work just to post links, analysis, whatever.
Yeah, I agree. Taking it to a personal level is inappropriate. He was wrong, and honestly, he never gave me a damn to ever listen to him either.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. Taking it to a personal level is inappropriate. He was wrong, and honestly, he never gave me a damn to ever listen to him either.
The bald writer, not Broaddus, but the other guy and Rob Phillips both work for the website but remain objective and voice their opinions.

They both said they believe letting Rob Ryan go was a bad move and will knock the team if they don't agree.

They'll also respond to fans without being snide or snarky. Eatman and Broaddus always act like they know more than everyone and are always disrespectful. They're pricks. And Eatman specifically, is a huge hater. He wishes he could live my life -- dude is a loser.

I'm not going to act like Im holier than thou though. I definitely say inappropriate and immature stuff on twitter, but at the same time, I'm not a paid professional representing my company, which depends on my public ally accessible opinion.

I would never interact with people they way they do at work. Never.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Heh. All this time, it never even dawned on me that we had Amendola that year lol. Now we are trying to give every guy that resembles him a million chances to find the next one lol. Amendola would be lovely here in the slot, and really always would have been. But, I wouldn't have wanted to be the team to pay him that. He's gotten much more explosive over the years but isn't durable enough to last.

On that same note, Victor Butler is getting a ton of attention out there and should be signing with Pittsburgh or follow Ryan to NO. I always liked Butler, and yes it will piss me off if he goes to Pittsburgh and balls, we never really unleashed him here because he was a back-up. I know people knocked him for his help in the run support, but I don't think we had a big enough sample size to gauge that yet. I do know that he was always an explosive pass rusher and knows how to get after the QB.

Quote:
Old 03-14-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The bald writer, not Broaddus, but the other guy and Rob Phillips both work for the website but remain objective and voice their opinions.

They both said they believe letting Rob Ryan go was a bad move and will knock the team if they don't agree.

They'll also respond to fans without being snide or snarky. Eatman and Broaddus always act like they know more than everyone and are always disrespectful. They're pricks. And Eatman specifically, is a huge hater. He wishes he could live my life -- dude is a loser.

I'm not going to act like Im holier than thou though. I definitely say inappropriate and immature stuff on twitter, but at the same time, I'm not a paid professional representing my company, which depends on my public ally accessible opinion.

I would never interact with people they way they do at work. Never.
I also vehemently disagreed with the firing of Rob Ryan. I even laughed at the signing of Kiffin.

But the good group of Cowboys fans we have here made me come away from the ledge a bit. I have my doubts, but I'm willing to ride this out. I mean I REALLY REAAAALLLLY have major doubts about this. But I'm just gonna sit quiet a bit and have a little faith.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Sullivan ‏@SullyBaldHead
It's pretty obvious that the Cowboys are going to allow Tony Romo to play out his contract in 2013. Don't expect an extension.

Hmmmmm. Not sure what to think about this...

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 03-14-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Jeff Sullivan ‏@SullyBaldHead
It's pretty obvious that the Cowboys are going to allow Tony Romo to play out his contract in 2013. Don't expect an extension.

Hmmmmm. Not sure what to think about this...
I know exactly what it means....

Old 03-14-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I know exactly what it means....

Lol, I'd hate to see how he would act with a pocket full of money.