Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-30-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Rev Bolyard
Rookie

Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.Rev Bolyard could make a wolverine purr.

It's a little disappointing that Gibbs doesn't put more emphasis on beard.

There's something to be said for a quick set, or arm length, or punch....

but beard can NEVER be understated.

Fear the beard.
Rev Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Bolyard View Post
It's a little disappointing that Gibbs doesn't put more emphasis on beard.

There's something to be said for a quick set, or arm length, or punch....

but beard can NEVER be understated.

Fear the beard.
Hahahaha. OL can never have enough beard.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Wouldn't we have announced it by now that we are running it? Why would it still be a big secret? Other then it making a ton of sense at one point, I don't know why it's still out there as something we may switch to when I haven't heard anyone say we are.
Aside from us hardcore fans who cares about that sort of announcement? Plus add in that Garrett loves not giving the media ANY meaningful bit of information and it would actually make a ton of sense with all the information.

I also wouldn't bank on it being a PURE scheme regardless of signing. This culture change will be gradual given the lack of athleticism at the guard position at this stage.

As D said though Frederick fits fine as a ZBS center. If the plan is to play him as a mauling guard though we'll be running a man-scheme.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:42 AM    (permalink
bluebonnet78
Rookie

bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.

Any thoughts on the UDFA Brandon Magee out of Arizona State? The Cowboys seemed to be pretty high on getting him after the draft. Other teams stayed away though partly from his baseball aspirations and an elbow injury.
bluebonnet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Aside from us hardcore fans who cares about that sort of announcement? Plus add in that Garrett loves not giving the media ANY meaningful bit of information and it would actually make a ton of sense with all the information.

I also wouldn't bank on it being a PURE scheme regardless of signing. This culture change will be gradual given the lack of athleticism at the guard position at this stage.

As D said though Frederick fits fine as a ZBS center. If the plan is to play him as a mauling guard though we'll be running a man-scheme.
Ha. You know Jerry Jones man, it doesn't care what Garrett thinks Jerry talks about and tells everything going on with our team. He doesn't keep anything a secret, he gives late round rookies their spot on the team before earning it, he pumps up high draft picks and talks about his plans for them, I can literally think of a ton of examples where Jerry came out and gave away meaningful information about our team that he didn't need to or have to.

But outside of us hardcore fans, the media would want to know stuff like that as it's their job to ask and report it. Look at the Jags, they are moving to a zone blocking scheme and it's not a secret what so ever, it was announced back in January. Same with Raiders, going back to a power man scheme, announced awhile back.

From what I can remember most teams do mention it at some point but I could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did I miss something or didn't it say no OC over 6'3". I don't see any chance that Fredrick can play OC in a ZBS unless you want to take all the things he does well away from him. Your OG's just aren't ZBS Olmen either, that isn't their strength. If you were going to a ZBS, I'd think Free would be perfect in that system yet, you all seem to want to cut him.

The scouting report I read on Fredrick said he has a high football IQ, and can make all the calls from the line of scrimmage. He is a power dominating blocker but is limited athletically and doesn't operate consistently when he is on the move which is almost a necessity in a ZBS OC.

I really question Dallas moving to a ZBS, I just don't see it.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Did I miss something or didn't it say no OC over 6'3". I don't see any chance that Fredrick can play OC in a ZBS unless you want to take all the things he does well away from him. Your OG's just aren't ZBS Olmen either, that isn't their strength. If you were going to a ZBS, I'd think Free would be perfect in that system yet, you all seem to want to cut him.

The scouting report I read on Fredrick said he has a high football IQ, and can make all the calls from the line of scrimmage. He is a power dominating blocker but is limited athletically and doesn't operate consistently when he is on the move which is almost a necessity in a ZBS OC.

I really question Dallas moving to a ZBS, I just don't see it.
As I said previously a switch to ZBS wouldn't be a pure switch. Passing plays expect a ton of zone while on the running game a mix of the two schemes.

The fact you said Free is "perfect" within a system makes me face-palm. He was torn apart by speed rushers and was even worse when a defender got inside of his lethargic hands.

I mean ... cmon man.

^ Just lulz.

Quote:
The scouting report I read...
Stop right there. Watch game-tape and you will get a MUCH better understanding of a prospect. Travis Frederick certainly has the power and nastiness to maul people but that doesn't preclude him from having the mobility to get to the second level and mirror defenders in a phone booth. Watch whichever game you want. Pick from his battles with Hankins at OSU, or speed guys like Short from Purdue. He doesn't get pushed backwards. Ever.

This won't happen to Frederick.

Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
As I said previously a switch to ZBS wouldn't be a pure switch. Passing plays expect a ton of zone while on the running game a mix of the two schemes.

The fact you said Free is "perfect" within a system makes me face-palm. He was torn apart by speed rushers and was even worse when a defender got inside of his lethargic hands.

I mean ... cmon man.

^ Just lulz.

Stop right there. Watch game-tape and you will get a MUCH better understanding of a prospect. Travis Frederick certainly has the power and nastiness to maul people but that doesn't preclude him from having the mobility to get to the second level and mirror defenders in a phone booth. Watch whichever game you want. Pick from his battles with Hankins at OSU, or speed guys like Short from Purdue. He doesn't get pushed backwards. Ever.

This won't happen to Frederick.

Hahahahahahahahaha. What a trash player this is why I don't want him as a swing, Guard, anything. Chicago will soon realize the same thing, which is Carimi sucks as a Guard just like he did at Tackle. Teams do those moves to save face and it's hilarious to me. I still have the play recorded where Aldon Smith bull rushed Carimi 15 yards back on monday night football and threw him out of the picture pane. Not a speed rush, or anything cute, just drive right into his chest when the whistle blew and it was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life.

That play where Doug Free was at RT in the Cleveland game was pathetic. Seriously. If more people saw outside of fans saw that, and realized how much it actually happened and how often Romo had to evade that defender in less then 2 seconds, they would appreciate Romo a lot more.

Another thing to point out about that play, is look how well everyone else blocked and we can see why so many of our plays ended in failure. I'm not even sure who that is(Jabal Sheard?) but he certainly isn't a pro bowler. I can't watch another season of that.

On the play where he was at LT, look at the score, and the point of the game we were at. But that's the kind of pocket and blocking we have always given Romo. If he blows it in that situation it's all anyone remembers. Re run the Vikings playoff game and it was the same thing, I know Romo drops the ball a lot but for how talented he is there is no excuse that we have put him behind that line and let him take every single bit of the blame.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 05-01-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta say, as much help as we needed on the interior OL, I think Free is such a lost cause that the addition of Frederick makes RT the most important item going forward with this team.

I think an interior of LIvings, Fred & Bernadeau will be fine. RT is a whole other question.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahaha! damn that guy had a brutal year! lol. The top video the guy got owned but its stupid from the standpoint you had two players in the backfield, RB and Witten . RB releases and Witten chips and releases.

So if you know the RT is bad then help him out! why would you release both guys without any help to that side? The player is bad enough but releasing two guys is stupid in itself.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In all the talk about adding someone at RT, do we think Parnell is ready to take over the position?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
hahaha! damn that guy had a brutal year! lol. The top video the guy got owned but its stupid from the standpoint you had two players in the backfield, RB and Witten . RB releases and Witten chips and releases.

So if you know the RT is bad then help him out! why would you release both guys without any help to that side? The player is bad enough but releasing two guys is stupid in itself.
*shrugs*

You could also ask why we repeatedly would do 5 and 7 step drops after it was painfully obvious that in the cleveland video that's literally all the time Romo EVER had. I can't wait until I get home, I have a few videos where Free gets beat literally the same way, same amount of time, but it ends up a TD to Dez in the Eagles game where he weaved between 5-6 people. It isn't just on sacks where it looks that bad, it was also on TD's where Romo moved up because Free gets beat so fast to the outside you just have to move up and back outside slightly to have a lane to throw.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
In all the talk about adding someone at RT, do we think Parnell is ready to take over the position?
I don't think Jerry does, but I do. He proved he's earned enough to be a stop gap RT but that was before Winston and Clabo were cut. Parnell isn't a quality guy, but he doesn't let people run right by him. If he locks on he usually does a good job, I saw him whiff and miss bad a few times on speed rushers stunting on him but he isn't a turnstile and won't be tossed around, he's an anchor and fits the power man scheme.

Then again, if we are just comparing anyone would look like an upgrade out there.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
*shrugs*

You could also ask why we repeatedly would do 5 and 7 step drops after it was painfully obvious that in the cleveland video that's literally all the time Romo EVER had. I can't wait until I get home, I have a few videos where Free gets beat literally the same way, same amount of time, but it ends up a TD to Dez in the Eagles game where he weaved between 5-6 people. It isn't just on sacks where it looks that bad, it was also on TD's where Romo moved up because Free gets beat so fast to the outside you just have to move up and back outside slightly to have a lane to throw.

See with my background that's the stuff is focus on. Why risk 5 and 7 step drops if yourbRT stinks?

But first thing I notice is both backfield guys release. Well, why?;your RT stinks and you guys are releasing both backfield guys. That's like when OSI had the 6 sack game and fat Andy Reid still out no help to Justices side. Sure that tackle was bad but they didn't help as the game went on.

help your RT or call plays where he can get some confidence or at the least not out your tram in a spot where the play gets shot down because of him.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Some of it is personnel, but a lot of it falls on game planning. We have been screaming for months now to have some quick developing routes or hitches in our offense to neatrulize that but that's like preaching to the choir here. You could put Romo in shotgun, and give him 2 quick reads on Dez & Witten, an option by Witten and a slant by Dez.

It doesn't have to be everytime, but it'll at least keep the DE honest but we never did. Then if you have a guy running way up field like that to beat him mix in a draw and it's an easy 10 yards. If we don't improve gameplanning, adjustments, and starting out faster in games, getting a RT is just going to fix half the problem.

I blame Garrett for all of that, so we'll see if Callahan picks up in those areas or if it's more of the same.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I do have to admit your draw plan is great from the QB faking pass or standing up like he is going to pass and quickly handing it off. I wish we would run that action by the QB. Its a great concept I like watching you guys run .
Old 05-01-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebonnet78 View Post
Any thoughts on the UDFA Brandon Magee out of Arizona State? The Cowboys seemed to be pretty high on getting him after the draft. Other teams stayed away though partly from his baseball aspirations and an elbow injury.
I think he sticks like Ron Leary did last year. Our LB depth is shallow and we need bodies.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone else hear Rich Gannon laying into Tony Romo on NFL Network on SiriusXM today around 1pm? I think he totally took out of context what JJ said earlier this week. He made it seem like JJ said Tony wasn't working hard at all. From what I read, I felt JJ was saying he wanted Tony more involved in game planning and such. Am I missing something in what he said?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Did anyone else hear Rich Gannon laying into Tony Romo on NFL Network on SiriusXM today around 1pm? I think he totally took out of context what JJ said earlier this week. He made it seem like JJ said Tony wasn't working hard at all. From what I read, I felt JJ was saying he wanted Tony more involved in game planning and such. Am I missing something in what he said?
** I wonder if Jerry Jones understands how even in points of praise he can also hurt. Take Tony Romo as an example. On Friday, Jones said Romo played a part in the selections of Gavin Escobar and Terrance Williams in the second and third rounds. Jones was attempting to show Romo was all-in. Well, what about the current players on the roster at those positions. Should they now think Romo didn’t like them as much? And then Jones said part of the quarterback’s new megadeal meant he had to spend “Peyton Manning time” at the facility. For those who questioned Romo’s commitment, that was all they needed to further their belief that Romo was not fully vested when Romo has always been a “football junkie.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
** I wonder if Jerry Jones understands how even in points of praise he can also hurt. Take Tony Romo as an example. On Friday, Jones said Romo played a part in the selections of Gavin Escobar and Terrance Williams in the second and third rounds. Jones was attempting to show Romo was all-in. Well, what about the current players on the roster at those positions. Should they now think Romo didn’t like them as much? And then Jones said part of the quarterback’s new megadeal meant he had to spend “Peyton Manning time” at the facility. For those who questioned Romo’s commitment, that was all they needed to further their belief that Romo was not fully vested when Romo has always been a “football junkie.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/
He probably doesn't care. People make money analyzing anything Jerry says. It's become a profession.

He could say the sky is blue. People would be wondering does that mean he thinks God loves the Cowboys?

Jerry and Tony don't have to walk on eggshells.

Jerry is right. Tony needs to be more involved.

Tony doesn't have to be careful. Guys on the team need to watch their backs aboutt their jobs. Maybe they won't drop as many passes next time.

Tony said thank you for that extra half a second. Damn straight Costa should have taken that as a well deserved jab.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I just wish Jerry would shut up sometimes. Seriously. He knows exactly what he is doing and always wanting to be in the spotlight like this and I get what he was 'trying' to say but he butchered it and then went too far. Saying Romo needs to be around more implies he wasn't around enough, whether or not that was the case how stupid is it for the owner/GM to imply that on a public stage right after giving him a huge contract?

There is so much fail in there it's ridiculous. It's amazing that Jason Garrett is even our Head Coach because I know he hates that crap but has to live with it. I'm just tired of listening to him talk in general. I mean, he listed a day and time schedule Romo has to be here ahhahahahahahaha who does that? Smh...What can I do, I have to deal with this type of **** for a long time until he's gone.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I just wish Jerry would shut up sometimes. Seriously. He knows exactly what he is doing and always wanting to be in the spotlight like this and I get what he was 'trying' to say but he butchered it and then went too far. Saying Romo needs to be around more implies he wasn't around enough, whether or not that was the case how stupid is it for the owner/GM to imply that on a public stage right after giving him a huge contract?

There is so much fail in there it's ridiculous. It's amazing that Jason Garrett is even our Head Coach because I know he hates that crap but has to live with it. I'm just tired of listening to him talk in general. I mean, he listed a day and time schedule Romo has to be here ahhahahahahahaha who does that? Smh...What can I do, I have to deal with this type of **** for a long time until he's gone.
If he really did list a day and time schedule for Romo, I actually think that is a great thing. I don't trust Romo on his own. He'd probably be off golfing if it were up to him. I would think that a boss that pays him $100M dollars would have that right. Most people with normal jobs have a schedule they have to follow for work.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

He absolutely has that right, hell he should be all over him. But why does everything has to be a dog and pony show through the media? Have that talk in private that he expects him to step up more, do more, be around more. But doing it in front of a microphone and implying something else just bothers me and I've always wanted the teams who were quiet but I realize that's not Jerry.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If he really did list a day and time schedule for Romo, I actually think that is a great thing. I don't trust Romo on his own. He'd probably be off golfing if it were up to him. I would think that a boss that pays him $100M dollars would have that right. Most people with normal jobs have a schedule they have to follow for work.
Right. But you dont talk about it to the media. Its just STUPID. Tell your guy what you expect and leave it at that. Nobody else needs to know

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Meh. I like the human element in him. Sure, it leaves him vulnnerable, but it doesn't bother me. I don't know why it doesn't. Some Owners/GMs are so invisible that it must be frustrating to wonder what's going on. In a way, I'm glad Jerry is so open.