Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-14-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Already looking up the hot names on draft lists for OG in the 2014 NFL Draft.

You think we need 1 or 2?...... So terrible isn't it?
Lol yeah its terrible. Been that way for how long now? Im sure we'll go QB, WR, S, DE, LB, TE, and DT next year and another year of ignoring our biggest needS

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Lol yeah its terrible. Been that way for how long now? Im sure we'll go QB, WR, S, DE, LB, TE, and DT next year and another year of ignoring our biggest needS
Maybe we'll continue to shop in the cheap eats section of FA and find ourselves the next Mackenzy Bernadeau.. Nate Livings... or dip into the retirement pool!

If Arkin can't start, it's time for him to go. I'm sorry. Why the heck was he a 3rd round pick? I did 7 round forum drafts and nobody ever took him! If Leary can't stay healthy then he needs to go too. UDFA... what were we hoping for anyways... tsk tsk tsk.

Wonder if there will be any OL cut during the preseason that are worth a darn...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys' problems at the guard position have taken another hit.

Second-year pro Ron Leary is expected to undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right knee on Friday, a procedure that will put his chances of playing the Sept. 8 opener against the Giants at AT&T Stadium in jeopardy.
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...b-e35f91f838d5

Yep RBs, WRs, and TEs, thats what this team needed more of

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 08-15-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Whats up with Claiborne? Hes missed a lot of time for something that was supposed to be "minor" Hope hes not another guy that cant stay healthy.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

My point is they could have gotten one really good guard (Ben Grubbs) for the same price as two guards they hoped could be mediocre.by Tim MacMahon 12:54 PM

Makes to much sense Tim. We only want mediocre (at best) Guards on this team. No need to go after good ones in free agency, no need to draft any, no no no no no, lets roll with the sh*t that made us the worst rushing team in franchise history and hope for the best!

Old 08-15-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Officially getting trolled in our own team forum. Leary has a minor scope in his knee no biggie.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Officially getting trolled in our own team forum. Leary has a minor scope in his knee no biggie.
Call it what you will, just tired of our GM ruining this franchise. Tired of hoping for the best only to see another 8-8 season. Been a fan for almost 40 years, never been more frustrated. So by "no biggie" does that mean we can count on him to be in the lineup against the Giants? Guy wasn't drafted because of knee concerns and now he's missing valuable time. I guess that's no biggie, it'll be a biggie when Arkin is getting pushed into Romos lap. Another wasted pick

Old 08-15-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leary's knee scope has nothing to do with his knee condition that prevented him from being drafted. If you need to tell yourself that to keep the troll mojo going then by all means but don't do it under the guise of fact telling.

Keep trolling I'm more than happy to feed you if it helps in any way clarify the facts.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Leary's knee scope has nothing to do with his knee condition that prevented him from being drafted. If you need to tell yourself that to keep the troll mojo going then by all means but don't do it under the guise of fact telling.

Keep trolling I'm more than happy to feed you if it helps in any way clarify the facts.
LOL you keep telling yourself everything is fine and put your trust in JJ. 22-26 last 3 years and 1 playoff win since 1997. Hows that for FACTS?

Lets put our hopes in a FA guard (whos injured) and hope we get a guy to come in off the streets that hasnt played in over a year to be a starter. Sounds like winning strategy to me Sorry the TRUTH hurts you so much but you might as well get ready for another disappointing season and all because our "GM" ignores our biggest needs for backups.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Maybe we'll continue to shop in the cheap eats section of FA and find ourselves the next Mackenzy Bernadeau.. Nate Livings... or dip into the retirement pool!

If Arkin can't start, it's time for him to go. I'm sorry. Why the heck was he a 3rd round pick? I did 7 round forum drafts and nobody ever took him! If Leary can't stay healthy then he needs to go too. UDFA... what were we hoping for anyways... tsk tsk tsk.

Wonder if there will be any OL cut during the preseason that are worth a darn...
This is exactly correct. Be careful, if you hurt somebodys feelings for telling the truth, you'll be trolling...

Old 08-15-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This is exactly correct. Be careful, if you hurt somebodys feelings for telling the truth, you'll be trolling...
Go backwards in time. I have been advocating cutting Arkin for 2 seasons. Which after seeing him this season would have been a mistake. I'm sorry your reading comprehension is abysmal at best. Try harder and I'm sure it'll become better with time.

As far as the JJ defense... I've never defended JJ as a football GM he's terrible at it. JJ as a business owners is an immensely successful one.

I'll repeat the forum is a better place when discussion takes place rather than "LOL THIS TEAM SUCKS LOL JJ IS TERRIBAD HAHAHAA". May as well surf through the SBnation forums or ESPN messageboards.

Last edited by Trogdor : 08-15-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Call it what you will, just tired of our GM ruining this franchise. Tired of hoping for the best only to see another 8-8 season. Been a fan for almost 40 years, never been more frustrated. So by "no biggie" does that mean we can count on him to be in the lineup against the Giants? Guy wasn't drafted because of knee concerns and now he's missing valuable time. I guess that's no biggie, it'll be a biggie when Arkin is getting pushed into Romos lap. Another wasted pick
40 years? Wow, you're the man! It's actually refreshing to know I'm not talking with teenagers here. Ya never know! lol ....*not that I thought YOU were, just generally speaking*

Jerry tries hard. Can't fault him there. He makes mistakes... Comes with cheering for any team I suppose. I would fault him more if I really thought he was the one making player personnel decisions. But I really think it's becoming much less and less than it was in the past. I actually think Callahan played a role in bringing Livings and Berny here more than Jerry. Am I wrong?
Old 08-15-2013, 03:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Go backwards in time. I have been advocating cutting Arkin for 2 seasons. I'm sorry your reading comprehension is abysmal at best. Try harder and I'm sure it'll become better with time.

As far as the JJ defense... I've never defended JJ as a football GM he's terrible at it. JJ as a business owners is an immensely successful one.

I'll repeat the forum is a better place when discussion takes place rather than "LOL THIS TEAM SUCKS LOL JJ IS TERRIBAD HAHAHAA". May as well surf through the SBnation forums or ESPN messageboards.
Between the 3 of us, we are too funny!

I defend Jerry the GM and credit/blame the coaches/scouts for player additions. Don't like Romo. Blame him for our lack of more success.

You don't defend Jerry the GM. Defend Romo.

PA bashes Jerry. Loves Romo. Blames everything else around Romo.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Go backwards in time. I have been advocating cutting Arkin for 2 seasons. Which after seeing him this season would have been a mistake. I'm sorry your reading comprehension is abysmal at best. Try harder and I'm sure it'll become better with time.

Yeah, your way to smart. I dont recall EVER saying this team sucks, the line yes, the team, no. Never laughed about JJ being "Terribad" either but yeah I have no reading comprehension SMH!! If you dont like my posts and you cant tell the difference from a frustrated fan from a "troll" then put me on ignore like Ive suggested in the past. Surely your brillant mind can figure out how to do that, right?

Old 08-15-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
40 years? Wow, you're the man! It's actually refreshing to know I'm not talking with teenagers here. Ya never know! lol ....*not that I thought YOU were, just generally speaking*

Jerry tries hard. Can't fault him there. He makes mistakes... Comes with cheering for any team I suppose. I would fault him more if I really thought he was the one making player personnel decisions. But I really think it's becoming much less and less than it was in the past. I actually think Callahan played a role in bringing Livings and Berny here more than Jerry. Am I wrong?
Yeah I was a fan back in the Staubach/Dorsett days. I agree Jerry tries hard and he wants to win but he just doesnt know how to do it. IDK who brought the guys in but the GM has to take the blame, right? Thats what a real GM does...

Old 08-15-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Between the 3 of us, we are too funny!

I defend Jerry the GM and credit/blame the coaches/scouts for player additions. Don't like Romo. Blame him for our lack of more success.

You don't defend Jerry the GM. Defend Romo.

PA bashes Jerry. Loves Romo. Blames everything else around Romo.
It all comes down to all of us being frustrated. It really is sad

Old 08-16-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't understand all the negativity in this thread. We went into TC with a few questions. Almost all of them have been answered except who is the starting LG. The good news is both Livings and Leary played well when they were in there and should be on schedule to play week 1. TC has shown us that we have a lot stronger depth then in the past. Why is everyone so down on us...for the first time in a few years I feel like we've done nothing but make solid decisions this offseason and we're about to find out where we stand in just a few weeks. This is the time of the season where we are suppose to have big expectations.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I can't understand all the negativity in this thread. We went into TC with a few questions. Almost all of them have been answered except who is the starting LG. The good news is both Livings and Leary played well when they were in there and should be on schedule to play week 1. TC has shown us that we have a lot stronger depth then in the past. Why is everyone so down on us...for the first time in a few years I feel like we've done nothing but make solid decisions this offseason and we're about to find out where we stand in just a few weeks. This is the time of the season where we are suppose to have big expectations.
This. :D

On an aside I am FINALLY moving back state-side after 2 and a half years away so I will be offline for a day or two most likely until everything is up and running :)
Old 08-16-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Wow, you must be getting/hearing different info than me. Please link me up to where it says Livings is playing well? We are desperately trying to sign a guy off the streets to come in and be a day 1 starter and he hasnt played in a year and a half. Im down because looking at our team at the end of last year it was obvious we needed line help desperately and totally ignored it in Free agency. Then when the draft rolls around we reach for a Center and ignore other needs for skill position players. 31st in rushing and Romo gets sacked 36 times, plus no telling how many hurries and additional hits, and JJ gets us a backup TE that cant block, a backup RB, and a #3 WR. Add in the usual stupid mistakes of the Oakland game (holding in red zone, blocked FG, muffed punt, ect ect) and it feels like another 8-8 with 11-5 talent.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Brady's going to make Amendola a star. Remember him #HardKnocks

Old 08-17-2013, 06:08 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is too early to be scrapping amongst ourselves considering we haven't seen a full game from the ones yet. Lets wait until week three or four and let injuries and what not sort out before we start dissecting the weaknesses/ who is to blame. that being said....

Im with Pocketaces that the o-line is the core of the offense and since the departure of Flo, LD, and Gurode we have gone extremely cheap in making repairs. Absolutely cost cutting measures needed to be done but you certainly get what you pay for. When you skim the mid level FA you occasionally pull out a Kosier or Colombo but more times then not you end up with inconsistency. Fortunately for us I think that TF is going to be solid even as a rookie and Leary appears to have a future if he stays healthy. I have hope that those two plus Tyron may finally solify the left side of the line. On the flip side of the coin Bernie should be no more then a swing player on the inside with some potential to play center in the starting lineup. At RG he hasn't proved that he can compete with quick three techs on the inside and there was a disconnect between himself and Free last season leading to a ton of pressure on the right side. The problem is there is no one even talented enough to replace him and that is why we are hunting for Vet help at the position.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:02 AM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Another wasteful reach in the second round on a TE?

Man, that is like 3 in seven years?
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
It is too early to be scrapping amongst ourselves considering we haven't seen a full game from the ones yet. Lets wait until week three or four and let injuries and what not sort out before we start dissecting the weaknesses/ who is to blame. that being said....

Im with Pocketaces that the o-line is the core of the offense and since the departure of Flo, LD, and Gurode we have gone extremely cheap in making repairs. Absolutely cost cutting measures needed to be done but you certainly get what you pay for. When you skim the mid level FA you occasionally pull out a Kosier or Colombo but more times then not you end up with inconsistency. Fortunately for us I think that TF is going to be solid even as a rookie and Leary appears to have a future if he stays healthy. I have hope that those two plus Tyron may finally solify the left side of the line. On the flip side of the coin Bernie should be no more then a swing player on the inside with some potential to play center in the starting lineup. At RG he hasn't proved that he can compete with quick three techs on the inside and there was a disconnect between himself and Free last season leading to a ton of pressure on the right side. The problem is there is no one even talented enough to replace him and that is why we are hunting for Vet help at the position.
I agree. Our left side should be good if healthy. My problem is we had a bottom 5 OL last year and really didnt know what Leary would bring this year and still ignored upgrading. Our depth is non exsistant and we are hoping that Leary and his bad knee(s) can play all year. If anyone of the 5 get hurt we are screwed! Still not sold on Free yet either. Looks better than last year so far but thats not saying much.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post
Another wasteful reach in the second round on a TE?

Man, that is like 3 in seven years?
But he wasnt drafted to play right away. He was drafted to replace Witten 3-4 years down the road. Or so I am told

Old 08-17-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys realize it's only preseason right?

And the o-line has looked pretty decent so far this preseason right?

This team needed major turnover when they quit on Wade....the roster has been churned...it's not going to happen overnight, but the Cowboys arrow is pointing up. I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms?

Were y'all expecting a SB or bust season?

I'll be honest, I'm expecting a NFC Championship but that's not a hard lined expectation....The 2013 Dallas Cowboys will make the playoffs, and they will be a contender throughout the entire year. That's a huge leap than what it's been the last couple years.

I'm excited for the season...y'all can be negative nancy's all you want..but they were literally a missed FG(ravens), and a fingertip(Dez @ Giants) from the playoffs last year...and they've gotten deeper, healthier, and better.

In short...
GO COWBOYS!
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote