Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-30-2013, 01:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Our pass rush is going to be heavily reliant on JPP this year, unless somehow Tuck is miraculously healthy (doubt it) or Moore can give us something. Moore was actually killing it until he got hurt. Now who knows.

I think we're stout at DT as far as run stuffers go, but we lack pass rushers on the inside as well.

Still like our DL overall though. I think it'll work out. Linebackers is an entirely different story.
Always seems like it doesn't matter who you guys have hurt or how many weaknesses you guys have at different positions. When we play you it's a tough ass job to beat you. Somehow your QB seems to make up for your deficiencies and you guys are coached smart.

On paper, I do think the Cowboys look poised to be the best team in the division, but we have a history of playing mistake happy football. Giants play smart, Philly is a wildcard with Chip Kelly and the Redskins are surging. I think this division is a tricky one to figure out.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Always seems like it doesn't matter who you guys have hurt or how many weaknesses you guys have at different positions. When we play you it's a tough ass job to beat you. Somehow your QB seems to make up for your deficiencies and you guys are coached smart.

On paper, I do think the Cowboys look poised to be the best team in the division, but we have a history of playing mistake happy football. Giants play smart, Philly is a wildcard with Chip Kelly and the Redskins are surging. I think this division is a tricky one to figure out.
It's cliche to say, but our game will come down to turnovers. I expect both teams to put up points, and turn the ball over as well. The team that turns it over less is going to win. Both teams are going to move the ball up and down the field. Just have to limit the turnovers.

I have little faith in our defense, but I'm hoping we can have a great offense this year. Depends on consistency though, our offense is prone to turnovers bc of the system.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our pre-draft favorite Jonathan Cooper is done for the year with a broken leg. Headed to IR.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Have you looked around the division?

Giants: Their D-line is worse then ours. They have JPP returning from injury and who else? Tuck hasn't been the same for years and is a shell of his former self, Austin hasn't developed, Osi is gone, Kiwi is solid at best but he's certainly not better then Spencer. Who is their key depth there that makes that unit deep?

Then that's not even getting into their LBers and how we have 4 better then any of them. Having play-makers at the position makes up for some deficiencies on the line that the Giants don't have the advantage of. Who are their CB's? What pro bowl Safeties do they have? Let's also not forget they are in the middle of re-tooling their offensive line too and we don't know how that is going to go yet, their not far away from us in that aspect too.

Redskins: Who is going to be their Safety or CB? I don't know 1 guy I can hang my hat on in that entire group even though I love their front 7 and think they are the front runners for the division because of RGIII. Still, they can be beat through the air pretty easily.

Eagles: They have holes all over the place. Their defense is garbage and their secondary will get shredded.

The point? We all have warts. Every single one of us. I wasn't saying that to say we can't point out which ones we have, but just so that you will see it's not just Jerry Jones that didn't fill every single hole and weakness on his team all at once. I would take our defense, top to bottom, over every single defense in the division. There is a glaring weak spot on all teams at this point, even the "good drafting" teams.
Clearly I cant respond without sounding negative which I said I would Reel in, so I'll let ESPN and former All Pro Safety Darren Woodson answer for me if you care to read his thoughts on the 2013 Dallas Cowboys.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/nf...73&feedID=4680

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It's cliche to say, but our game will come down to turnovers. I expect both teams to put up points, and turn the ball over as well. The team that turns it over less is going to win. Both teams are going to move the ball up and down the field. Just have to limit the turnovers.

I have little faith in our defense, but I'm hoping we can have a great offense this year. Depends on consistency though, our offense is prone to turnovers bc of the system.
I think our offenses are evenly matched (your QB makes up for a lot of weakness; while our QB will rely on others more), but our defense will make some stops that it has to while yours won't as much. Expecting a big game from Demarco Murray.

Cowboys 27, Giants 17
Old 08-30-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think our offenses are evenly matched (your QB makes up for a lot of weakness; while our QB will rely on others more), but our defense will make some stops that it has to while yours won't as much. Expecting a big game from Demarco Murray.

Cowboys 27, Giants 17
I fear Dez Bryant. We literally have no answer for him. None. Unless JPP can sack or rush Romo on every drop back.

I wanted him in fantasy sooooo bad. I took Megatron over him but I have a feeling Dez is going to have a better fantasy year. Call me crazy but I just think Dez is going to go ape **** on the league this year.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the last game between the G-Men and us and it SUCKED! We fell behind by I think 23 points then came all the way back to win the game...then they said Dez's finger was out of bounds. The crowd went from euphoric to silent in a matter of seconds. That was a hard loss to take.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 08-30-2013, 02:49 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Cowboys 27, Giants 17
See, I get the whole "your being negative" thing and how you and others only want to read about only the good stuff and my opinion is off base and all that. We are fans and we should have hope and good vibes. But then you throw in the "your QB makes up for weakness and ours cant carry a team" BS. Your just poking me (and others) with a stick wanting to get a reaction, then when the reaction comes people cry foul and its a never ending cycle. There was NO NEED to make the QB comment. Just pick the winner and move on.

I'm picking us 31-20. Our D did a pretty good job on the G-Men in the last game and we were missing several starters. I dont think we will be able to run the ball much at all but I think Romo has a big day and we win pretty comfortably

Old 08-30-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Our pre-draft favorite Jonathan Cooper is done for the year with a broken leg. Headed to IR.
I hated hearing that. Hopefully he comes back strong next year.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I hated hearing that. Hopefully he comes back strong next year.
That's miserable news. Funny how we still are somehow attached to our favorite prospects even though they moved on.

Seems eerily similar to last season and David DeCastro.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Cowboys 27, Giants 17
I am curious to see how your new system works out. Hopefully it takes a few games to get in sync. if that happens I wouldn't mind stealing this game early on until you guys get in the flow of things. We have both coordinators back, which I guess in fewell's case can be a bad thing. Our run defense is a lot better now. So I think our defense will be fine which is hard to say considering that is the liability side of the ball. They been playing a lot better than our pathetic offense. I have never seen an offense look so out of sync in a long time. Hopefully, when things start for real and there is game planning things can change. However, like I mentioned above, I hope it takes a couple games for your defense to get in sync and click.

I am not sure how things will turn out. If our offense plays like it has then it will be a blow out. Like 27 or 31- 14 type game you guys win. If your offense plays like it can and our defense plays like it has I expect us to win this game at your stadium like always.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I am curious to see how your new system works out. Hopefully it takes a few games to get in sync. if that happens I wouldn't mind stealing this game early on until you guys get in the flow of things. We have both coordinators back, which I guess in fewell's case can be a bad thing. Our run defense is a lot better now. So I think our defense will be fine which is hard to say considering that is the liability side of the ball. They been playing a lot better than our pathetic offense. I have never seen an offense look so out of sync in a long time. Hopefully, when things start for real and there is game planning things can change. However, like I mentioned above, I hope it takes a couple games for your defense to get in sync and click.

I am not sure how things will turn out. If our offense plays like it has then it will be a blow out. Like 27 or 31- 14 type game you guys win. If your offense plays like it can and our defense plays like it has I expect us to win this game at your stadium like always.
I kinda have the feeling that our defense will be good early on, but then get worse as the season progresses. Our depth is shaky... scheme not too complex.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I kinda have the feeling that our defense will be good early on, but then get worse as the season progresses. Our depth is shaky... scheme not too complex.
I believe in Bruce Lee. In the past I've seen that happen a lot where the defense declines during the season, but a healthy Bruce Lee will change that. Both will compete with each other, and at least one makes All-Pro.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I believe in Bruce Lee. In the past I've seen that happen a lot where the defense declines during the season, but a healthy Bruce Lee will change that. Both will compete with each other, and at least one makes All-Pro.
Would be the first season for both of them, so I hope you're right.

If everything comes together... Ware/Spencer adjust to DE, Carter/Lee stay healthy, and Carr/Claiborne shut it down... this defense could really be scary!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Guys have any thoughts on Danny Watkins? 2011 1st round pick cut by Philly. Gosslin called him a cant miss pro bowler and the safest pick in the draft. Any reason for the quick release?

Old 08-31-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Guys have any thoughts on Danny Watkins? 2011 1st round pick cut by Philly. Gosslin called him a cant miss pro bowler and the safest pick in the draft. Any reason for the quick release?
He's downright awful. His dropoff in play from college to pros was immense.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's downright awful. His dropoff in play from college to pros was immense.
Really? Wow! That was fast. Couldnt happen to a better team lol. Thanks for the update!

Old 08-31-2013, 04:23 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys have made their final roster cuts, but that doesn't mean the 53-man roster is finalized.

According to sources, the Cowboys cut the following players: Alex Tanney, Anthony Armstrong, Edawn Coughman, Jakar Hamilton, Taylor Reed, Demetress Bell, Kendial Lawrence, Xavier Brewer, Jerome Long, Jabari Fletcher, Caleb McSurdy, Cameron Lawrence, Thaddeus Gibson, Ray Dominguez, Danny Coale, Jason Vega, Tim Benford, Micah Pellerin, Sterling Moore, Brandon Magee and Kevin Kowalski.

Safety Matt Johnson is heading to season-ending injured reserve.

The Cowboys will be actively looking at the waiver wire for upgrades. Tanney, Pellerin, Magee, Benford, Coale and Vega could be practice squad candidates if they clear waivers.

The Cowboys guaranteed Magee $70,000 and gave Hamilton $10,000 to sign as undrafted free agents and hope to bring them back to the practice squad. Magee missed the final two preseason games with a concussion.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...-to-53-players

Old 08-31-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Roster

Anybody gonna post 53 men roster......by position?
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
Anybody gonna post 53 men roster......by position?
GIANT picture:

Expect this to change A LOT as we attempt to snatch guys. Guys of note:
Heath made it!
We only have 4 CBs.
We kept 5 TEs.
We kept 4 OTs (Weems over Bell).
Kept both Livings and Bernie.

We are rumored to be looking to put Livings on the retractable IR which would open a slot.

Last edited by Trogdor : 08-31-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

I was surprised to see Moore cut. We'll need more CBs

Old 08-31-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I was surprised to see Moore cut. We'll need more CBs
Imagine we have someone targeted. I can't believe we kept Lissemore given his lack of fit. We have a couple players I believe are trade bait.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Looks like we've traded for Edgar Jones DE from the chiefs. Anybody?

Old 08-31-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Looks like we've traded for Edgar Jones DE from the chiefs. Anybody?
If true I believe he was a special teams demon. Judging by our preseason and the past few season that may be something we need.

He also played a ton of positions for the Ravens before (DE/OLB/FB/TE). Supposedly a good athlete but doesn't play any position well enough to warrant non-ST time.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If true I believe he was a special teams demon. Judging by our preseason and the past few season that may be something we need.

He also played a ton of positions for the Ravens before (DE/OLB/FB/TE). Supposedly a good athlete but doesn't play any position well enough to warrant non-ST time.
Compensation? Hopefully no more than a 7th