Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-15-2013, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We are who we are. 1-1. Just have to win games.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we wait more than 2 games to make judgement on Callahan as well?
Old 09-15-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Brown couldnt run behind this line. Theres nothing there. Play calling is horrible, I thought the idea was to exploit mismatches but we dont. BC is no better than JG was. I bitc*ed about if all off season, adding 1 lineman to this team was a JOKE! Just another winnable game that we lost. Same as last year, the year before, the year before, and so it goes. SMH

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Can we wait more than 2 games to make judgement on Callahan as well?
Apparently not. I didn't like his play calling today, but it's time to tar and feather him in the streets now. One game is too much, and somebody has to pay.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Must be pretty bad if you guys are calling for Garrett to take back the playcalling. LMAO.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Jim Brown couldnt run behind this line. Theres nothing there. Play calling is horrible, I thought the idea was to exploit mismatches but we dont. BC is no better than JG was. I bitc*ed about if all off season, adding 1 lineman to this team was a JOKE! Just another winnable game that we lost. Same as last year, the year before, the year before, and so it goes. SMH
So I take it Waters did not play in this game?
Old 09-15-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Apparently not. I didn't like his play calling today, but it's time to tar and feather him in the streets now. One game is too much, and somebody has to pay.
It is never time to get upset according to many.

Decades fly by but all is well. We swear. No need to panic. It will all work itself out.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
We are who we are. 1-1. Just have to win games.
We are 0-2 if the GMen don't give the ball up 6 times. Heck, even the Gmen only turn it 5 times we are likely 0-2.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So I take it Waters did not play in this game?
He did a lil bit.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem with the "it's only one game" philosophy is that too often, our season comes down to 1 game, when our guys are out with injuries, or we're in a hostile environment against a good team.

Games against the Chiefs, who if they don't get a bunch of luck will be between a 6 and 8 win team, and who didn't exactly light the world on fire today, are winnable. We see too many of these games go the other way, and while it may have been Callahan calling the plays, the philosophy was exactly the same.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:22 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Must be pretty bad if you guys are calling for Garrett to take back the playcalling. LMAO.
All joking aside, there was one play that probably could have won this game that came down to a bad play call. Brandon Flowers is one on one at the goal line vs a Dez who already had a TD and over 100 yards at that point. They call a screen to the opposite side of the field to Terrance Williams for some crazy reason. If they get that TD they probably win this game. It's no guarantee, but a screen is about the dumbest thing you could call 5 yards out of the goal line.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, frustrating loss. I guess I'll start with what I liked:

Defense for the most part played outstanding. Our DL is generating a nice, consistent pass rush and that's without a fully healthy Spencer/Ratliff in the mix. We left a few INT opportunities out there, one on Carter that would have gone for 6 and one on Will Allen. Gotta take advantage of those. Church looks like a heat seeking missile, does a really nice job working his way through trash.

The OL had another really solid game in pass protection, Houston and Hali are legit edge rushers and our Tackles made them non factors. Poe made a few plays but it was due to blown assignments, not TFred getting worked. Doug Free looks to have rebounded in a major way, veryyyyy nice to see.

Dez was unstoppable early on, that first quarter was one circus catch after another. That drop is sooooo uncharacteristic for him that I'm not worried, but he can't be doing that **** in the future. We needed that big time.

Loving these inside blitzes that Kiffin's been dialing up. Carter should continue to be a monster in that role.

Now for the bad:

Our run game was embarrassing. I'm gonna have to rewatch the game when I get a chance to see exactly what's going wrong but its a major issue. My gut is telling me we don't have the personnel to run the ZBS, we lack athleticism along the interior and our TEs have been getting abused at the point of attack.

I'll be back later to finish up some thoughts.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:30 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Man, frustrating loss. I guess I'll start with what I liked:

Defense for the most part played outstanding. Our DL is generating a nice, consistent pass rush and that's without a fully healthy Spencer/Ratliff in the mix. We left a few INT opportunities out there, one on Carter that would have gone for 6 and one on Will Allen. Gotta take advantage of those. Church looks like a heat seeking missile, does a really nice job working his way through trash.

The OL had another really solid game in pass protection, Houston and Hali are legit edge rushers and our Tackles made them non factors. Poe made a few plays but it was due to blown assignments, not TFred getting worked. Doug Free looks to have rebounded in a major way, veryyyyy nice to see.

Dez was unstoppable early on, that first quarter was one circus catch after another. That drop is sooooo uncharacteristic for him that I'm not worried, but he can't be doing that **** in the future. We needed that big time.

Loving these inside blitzes that Kiffin's been dialing up. Carter should continue to be a monster in that role.

Now for the bad:

Our run game was embarrassing. I'm gonna have to rewatch the game when I get a chance to see exactly what's going wrong but its a major issue. My gut is telling me we don't have the personnel to run the ZBS, we lack athleticism along the interior and our TEs have been getting abused at the point of attack.

I'll be back later to finish up some thoughts.
Simply not true. I vividly remember at least two games last year where he short armed throws to avoid hits and it lead to losses.

Does anyone realise when Dez is the focus of the O and gets ++100 yards we tend to lose. When Austin gets +100 yards we tend to win?

You can not run an offense around erratic route runners who while spectacular at times just always seem to be in the middle of bad screw ups in bad situations.

From the minute Dez got to Dallas it has been a 150% effort to force him into this leadership role that he is not capable of doing. It ha led to devaluing other players to his benefit.

We have not done anything since and given Romo's regression as a QB, we are bound for a series of awful seasons getting excited over the spectacular but getting all too accustomed to "missing the short the putts."

Witten is old. Ware is old. We have not really done anything to address (after 6 years) the Safety and OL. We keep re-upping mediocre "stars" like Spencer and throwing monster deals to guys for long periods of time ... Sean Lee, Austin, Ware, Romo, etc.

Last edited by BobTheCowboysTroll : 09-15-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

What did you guys think of our last drive. Should we have gone for it on 4th down or was the FG the right call?
Old 09-15-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp...I'm tired of this...back off the koolaid.

Boys who are we thought they were.

It's Romo...all Romo...and I'm serious.

Draft Johnny Football....or Jameis Winston...AJ Mccarron...somebody..anybody.

It's time.

3 different coaches...3 different philosophies...different defensive schemes. Same results.

It's time.

Fire Romo!

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 09-15-2013 at 06:53 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What did you guys think of our last drive. Should we have gone for it on 4th down or was the FG the right call?
It was the right call, no doubt about it. D couldnt get the stop we needed at the end. Mo was called for PI on 3rd and 10 that all but ended the game.

Romo didnt have a great game but he hit a streaking Dez in stride down 17-13 that was going to go a long way and maybe a TD.

If I had to point to one thing as the reason we lost it was the play calling. We have the ball at midfield with 7 sec to go and we take a knee. We have Dez 1 on 1 at the 5 and throw a screen in the other direction. We have a 3rd and 10 late and throw a 2 yard out. Its just always something with this team, its soooooo frustrating!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 09-15-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post

It's time.

3 different coaches...3 different philosophies...different defensive schemes. Same results.

It's time.

Fire Romo!
LOL

Old 09-15-2013, 07:39 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
LOL
Haha I literally said the same thing 2 years ago...I think around the 1200 pages.....and guess what..here we still are...blaming the coaching, blaming the playcalling, blaming the defense(who held the offense to 17 pts this week,and 6 turnovers last week)

.......Dez has 100+ yards.

Offensive line protects well.

Defense plays well...and thus....we're still here? at this point...at .500 football.

Go figure.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
All joking aside, there was one play that probably could have won this game that came down to a bad play call. Brandon Flowers is one on one at the goal line vs a Dez who already had a TD and over 100 yards at that point. They call a screen to the opposite side of the field to Terrance Williams for some crazy reason. If they get that TD they probably win this game. It's no guarantee, but a screen is about the dumbest thing you could call 5 yards out of the goal line.
Yeah, I'm not sure what they were thinking on that play. I thought for sure it was going to be an eazy TD to Dez.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Haha I literally said the same thing 2 years ago...I think around the 1200 pages.....and guess what..here we still are...blaming the coaching, blaming the playcalling, blaming the defense(who held the offense to 17 pts this week,and 6 turnovers last week)

.......Dez has 100+ yards.

Offensive line protects well.

Defense plays well...and thus....we're still here? at this point...at .500 football.

Go figure.
What was our record in between Aikman and Romo? Whos the only person still here in those 18 years?

Go figure...

Old 09-15-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

How many coaches did we have between those years...

That doesn't make sense... Romo > Carter and Bledsoe...but who gives a damn?

At the end of the day we've done nothing since that time.. You can point to the 13-3 season.. And I can point to the 8-8 seasons. At the end if the day... It on Tony... He's got the weapons.. Line is protecting.. Defense is playing... DO SOMETHING! Shut your haters up.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How many coaches did we have between those years...

That doesn't make sense... Romo > Carter and Bledsoe...but who gives a damn?

At the end of the day we've done nothing since that time.. You can point to the 13-3 season.. And I can point to the 8-8 seasons. At the end if the day... It on Tony... He's got the weapons.. Line is protecting.. Defense is playing... DO SOMETHING! Shut your haters up.
Your making my point. Weve had several coaches, QBs, RBs, WRs, Coordinators, Ect Ect. And we still "havent done anything" Thats over the last 18 years! The ONLY constant in that time is JJ.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is such a drag after a loss. That game certainly leaves a bad taste in all of our mouths. But the simple fact is we lost a non-conference game against a playoff caliber team in the AFC. The loss impacts our season very minimally...so although this loss hurts...it's the type of loss we can take and get better from. We weren't going 16-0 so no need to cry over a loss.

Am I the only one who disagreed with Garretts decision to call his timeouts just under 4 mins in the 4th quarter? The Chiefs couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot...and yet we are putting the game on the line with over 3 mins left in the 4th? I understand we wanted to pin them down at their own 10 yard line and force a punt...but no reason to use time outs. You can hold them deep and call no time outs with the 2 min warning and get the ball back at midfield with 3 times outs. Garrett literally put the game in the hands of the refs and Claiborne get screwed and a bull **** call. Avery sold that ****...and it just makes me sick that it was even up for dispute. We should have saved our timeouts for inside of 2 mins and we would have stood a chance. The funny thing is everyone wants to be mad that we lose close games. But this is just another classic example of Garrett mismanaging the game. He took the ball right out of Romo's hands and didn't even give him a shot. Who cares what the call is on our goal line with 10 seconds.....we lost the game 2 mins before that.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:

It's time.

It's time.

Fire Romo!
Quote:
I agree 100%...I see the Boys in the NFC title game...quote me on that.

Strangely enough, it'll probably be Seattle, and the media will spend a week discussing the bobbled snap, and Romo's choking in general.

He crushes all doubters(myself included) this year.

And that's mostly because the Boys will have a defense and a running game to help him when he starts doing too much.
Funny what a couple of weeks and 1 loss will do, no?

Old 09-15-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
This thread is such a drag after a loss. That game certainly leaves a bad taste in all of our mouths. But the simple fact is we lost a non-conference game against a playoff caliber team in the AFC. The loss impacts our season very minimally...so although this loss hurts...it's the type of loss we can take and get better from. We weren't going 16-0 so no need to cry over a loss.

Am I the only one who disagreed with Garretts decision to call his timeouts just under 4 mins in the 4th quarter? The Chiefs couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot...and yet we are putting the game on the line with over 3 mins left in the 4th? I understand we wanted to pin them down at their own 10 yard line and force a punt...but no reason to use time outs. You can hold them deep and call no time outs with the 2 min warning and get the ball back at midfield with 3 times outs. Garrett literally put the game in the hands of the refs and Claiborne get screwed and a bull **** call. Avery sold that ****...and it just makes me sick that it was even up for dispute. We should have saved our timeouts for inside of 2 mins and we would have stood a chance. The funny thing is everyone wants to be mad that we lose close games. But this is just another classic example of Garrett mismanaging the game. He took the ball right out of Romo's hands and didn't even give him a shot. Who cares what the call is on our goal line with 10 seconds.....we lost the game 2 mins before that.
Why because they beat us? They were 2-14 last year now they are playoff contenders? The reason people are down is because we see the same thing year after year. Baltimore last year, NE the year before that, and now this. 22-26 last 3 years and this year looks like more of the same. Its to easy to blow it off as 1 loss to an AFC team like it means nothing. Its the same old same old. Losing games we should have won.