Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-22-2013, 02:58 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Nice to see a complete game. 2 fumbles? Who is guilty?
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Can anyone remember the last time we beat a team handedly and didn't let them come back to make it a close game?
Last time we played the Rams like two years ago when Murray rushed for 253.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OL came up strong today.

Detroit just sealed their win against the Skins. Calvin TD.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants got killed, and all other East teams lost looking at how the Redskins are down with less than two minutes to go. Dallas really needs to not **** this up.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a great game to see live. Much better than last year when I went to the Giants game. Guess the only negative was Miles was hurt again. And maybe just maybe we get a week off of the Romo sucks and lets get rid of him chants lol. The division is ours for the Taking it appears. Just keep playing good and stay healthy!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

8-8 might win the division this year.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
What a great game to see live. Much better than last year when I went to the Giants game. Guess the only negative was Miles was hurt again. And maybe just maybe we get a week off of the Romo sucks and lets get rid of him chants lol. The division is ours for the Taking it appears. Just keep playing good and stay healthy!
This is more of what I was hoping for this season. OL pass protection, run game commitment that opened up the pass, receivers catching the ball, penalties way down and our defense keeping opponents score down. When we play like this Romo is good enough to drive the bus. Everything around him was perfect today and he didn't have to shoulder the load. Bravo Cowboys!
Old 09-22-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta loses to Miami and SF gets rolled by Indy. Ol' wacky NFL. I feel really good about us making the playoffs, not confident we'll win a game but that we can at least make it. We've got to stay healthy and we've got to fix red zone play-calling to be a threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another week of Selvie flying around the ball. Romo is trying to throw for 80% on the season, there is good and bad with that because I don't want him to eliminate the big play which we haven't seen much of. More conservative.

What I want to see most out of us is some consistency. Actually string 2-3 good games together, and I would really like to get this San Diego game before Denver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Romo is throwing for a high % and he only has 1 pick on the year which was the fault of a rookie receiver. I can't imagine what it would be like on here if he was having Eli's season. If we can just have a consistent running game it makes everything so much easier and opens up more of the playbook. Yeah we really need to beat SD

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 09-22-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Another week of Selvie flying around the ball. Romo is trying to throw for 80% on the season, there is good and bad with that because I don't want him to eliminate the big play which we haven't seen much of. More conservative.

What I want to see most out of us is some consistency. Actually string 2-3 good games together, and I would really like to get this San Diego game before Denver.
There lies the key to getting to the playoffs. This team can beat anyone, but can they do it consistently enough to get far? Regardless of what's going on with the NFC East this year, they've got to prove that they can win 3-5 games in a row during Garrett's reign to show some real improvement.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

I will make up my mind after the Denver Game. Still too much up and down for my tastes. When I see sunshine I counted 11-5, after last week's debacle 4-12.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post
Nice to see a complete game. 2 fumbles? Who is guilty?
Harris coughed up the opening punt but dallas held then stopped STL on the fake punt try. Murray fumbled but we recovered.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:24 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's early, but we seem to have less of the subpar non-NFL talent or underachievers on this team this year. No more Ogletree, Alan Ball, Jacque Reeves, Felix, Mike Jenkins etc... We seem to have some decent depth which shows the benefits of drafting well in the last few years. We're obviously still pretty healthy, so we'll see if the injury bug hits again, but I am optimistic. The loss at the Chiefs doesn't look as bad and we reacted well to it.

I am not getting too excited because I think this was one of those games for the Rams where they just weren't ready to play, seemed gassed from the first 2 hard fought games and looking ahead to playing a rival in 4 days. But all in all, we're looking up. Would be nice if the defense continues to play well next week.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
It's early, but we seem to have less of the subpar non-NFL talent or underachievers on this team this year. No more Ogletree, Alan Ball, Jacque Reeves, Felix, Mike Jenkins etc... We seem to have some decent depth which shows the benefits of drafting well in the last few years. We're obviously still pretty healthy, so we'll see if the injury bug hits again, but I am optimistic. The loss at the Chiefs doesn't look as bad and we reacted well to it.

I am not getting too excited because I think this was one of those games for the Rams where they just weren't ready to play, seemed gassed from the first 2 hard fought games and looking ahead to playing a rival in 4 days. But all in all, we're looking up. Would be nice if the defense continues to play well next week.
That's really neat thing to point out! Didn't notice it, but yeah that sounds right on point. We don't have a lot of dumb players that consistently make the same mistakes all over the field t
hat bring us bad luck. Like Martellus Bennett too. Our depth is really solid. We can count on the guys stepping in to "not mess up" and sometimes that really all we need.

I think taking Will Allen and Mackenzy Bernadeau out from their starting jobs were also an indication of that. They have also made some stupid mistakes too.

Accountability on display before our very eyes??? I want to believe it.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha called it! :)

The Dallas Cowboys rollercoaster is in session. We play incomplete games then lose a heartbreaker that would rally the team and the glaring flaws would be fixed... for one game. Hopefully the team stays on the up and up and uses the beginning of the season as a learning experience rather than the team regressing as it has in previous years. Have to say though we are in an EXCELLENT position given the garbage fire that is the NFC East.

Murray looked MUCH better and has much more patient about finding the hole rather than hitting his own lineman like last week.

The play-calling was better. We actually called seam routes. You know the best play in the playbook if you like running 2-TE sets.

Defense still looks stellar. Marinelli and Kiffin are absolute gems.

Harris has continued his worrying trend of stupid mistakes. Not sure what is going on with him.

If you didn't pay attention to Wilcox live take a look at his play. Mistake-free with much better angles. He is going to be a star in our defense along with our heat-seeking missile named Church.

One more note on playcalling. We ran a sweep on a 3rd and 1 rather than the traditional plow it forward. We ran seam routes while having the outside receivers run outs forcing the safeties to decide between Dez killing them or our TEs/slot. We also called that sweet back shoulder fade to Dez in which Cortland Finnigan tried to jam Dez and ended up laying on his back lol. Callahan did a MUCH better job of course it makes it easier when the running game is working.

I'm with D too. This is looking like accountability and take your lunch pail to work kind of team. Remember when Dallas last was 2-1? Coaches and ownership were talking SB run and deep playoffs. Instead now we're silent talking about the next game on the schedule and playing their responsibilities.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Haha called it! :)

The Dallas Cowboys rollercoaster is in session. We play incomplete games then lose a heartbreaker that would rally the team and the glaring flaws would be fixed... for one game. Hopefully the team stays on the up and up and uses the beginning of the season as a learning experience rather than the team regressing as it has in previous years. Have to say though we are in an EXCELLENT position given the garbage fire that is the NFC East.

Murray looked MUCH better and has much more patient about finding the hole rather than hitting his own lineman like last week.

The play-calling was better. We actually called seam routes. You know the best play in the playbook if you like running 2-TE sets.

Defense still looks stellar. Marinelli and Kiffin are absolute gems.

Harris has continued his worrying trend of stupid mistakes. Not sure what is going on with him.

If you didn't pay attention to Wilcox live take a look at his play. Mistake-free with much better angles. He is going to be a star in our defense along with our heat-seeking missile named Church.

One more note on playcalling. We ran a sweep on a 3rd and 1 rather than the traditional plow it forward. We ran seam routes while having the outside receivers run outs forcing the safeties to decide between Dez killing them or our TEs/slot. We also called that sweet back shoulder fade to Dez in which Cortland Finnigan tried to jam Dez and ended up laying on his back lol. Callahan did a MUCH better job of course it makes it easier when the running game is working.

I'm with D too. This is looking like accountability and take your lunch pail to work kind of team. Remember when Dallas last was 2-1? Coaches and ownership were talking SB run and deep playoffs. Instead now we're silent talking about the next game on the schedule and playing their responsibilities.
If every person on the planet did this including the Boys, we would all be happier and wealthier people.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

No comment on Hatcher calling out Romo?
Old 09-23-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLatJerrahJones View Post
No comment on Hatcher calling out Romo?
Quote:
"I love Romo to death," Hatcher said. "I wasn't getting on Romo. He's the best quarterback in the league, so I love Romo to death. That's my brother."
Said it was a media creation. He said the meeting didn't mention one specific name or position. It was about the team putting in 100% effort and fulfilling responsibilities.

To be quite frank Dallas hasn't been in the news all season and the media LOVES to either headline us as the SB favorite or to highlight any potential dysfunction so I 100% believe him. 'Murica loves them some Cowboys.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Yesterday on the ride home I heard JJ talking about drafting Ware, and Parcells actually bet him that Ware wouldnt average a certain number of sacks a year. (BP was NOT on board with us drafting Ware as Im sure most of you know) The bet was if he didnt average the amount that was talked about then BP got to use JJs private jet 5 times a year. Jerry agreed and told BP if he lost the bet then JJ would get to take BPs significant other 5 times a year and Bill couldnt go. Lol. JJ won the bet but not sure if the significant other has gone on plane rides with Jerry or not. Thought that was a funny story. Sure am glad JJ made that pick and didnt give in to Parcells.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:01 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yesterday on the ride home I heard JJ talking about drafting Ware, and Parcells actually bet him that Ware wouldnt average a certain number of sacks a year. (BP was NOT on board with us drafting Ware as Im sure most of you know) The bet was if he didnt average the amount that was talked about then BP got to use JJs private jet 5 times a year. Jerry agreed and told BP if he lost the bet then JJ would get to take BPs significant other 5 times a year and Bill couldnt go. Lol. JJ won the bet but not sure if the significant other has gone on plane rides with Jerry or not. Thought that was a funny story. Sure am glad JJ made that pick and didnt give in to Parcells.
lol, I love Jerrah taking credit as the GM for picks he made. Tends to ignore the many many crappy picks he made over the years.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
But I thought you told me that Jerry sucks at drafting?

Haha. Winning definitely cures all.

I will say that Ware has answered all those who questioned if the transition to the 4-3 would hurt him. I hope he breaks the "Most sacks in a season" record this year.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Ramblings of a mentally ill billionaire. ME ME ME ME MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I believe Jerry. LOL.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:05 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Dallas – Three Performances of Note

Free Reign

Over the last couple of years, there’s been few more-maligned figures in Dallas than right tackle Doug Free (+5.4). A poster child for playing well, getting paid, and then bombing, most Cowboy fans would have been happy to see him leave in the offseason after last year registering a -10.1 overall grade.

However, maybe the green shoots were visible in the last three games of 2012 when he put together a combined +8.3 and didn’t grade negatively in any single facet of play.

He’s now carried that through into this year and got better week after week culminating in a stellar performance here. Perfect in pass protection against one of the best pass rushing left defensive ends in football (Chris Long) his run blocking was also high-class; though more by the weight of consistently winning the small battles than by any particularly dominating play.

Murray in a Hurry

Our grading isn’t kind to fumblers – it hates them in a way that Tom Coughlin would be proud of. So, when you fumble and still come away with an extremely healthy number, you know you’ve had a great day. That’s how well DeMarco Murray(+3.1) played as he consistently found the hole on cut-back runs and then broke tackles to extend his gains.

115 of his yardage came after contact with seven forced missed tackles but perhaps the most notable thing about his yardage was where it came. Of his 175 yards, 148 of them came on runs to the left of the center – maybe a cause for thought for upcoming defenses.

Church of Pain

When Barry Church (+4.1) stepped up to play safety in his rookie season (2010) due to Gerald Sensabaugh’s injury, it was fairly apparent he wasn’t ready. Three missed tackles and a -4.7 grade saw him consigned to spot duty for two years before he was again given a chance in 2012. Disaster struck in Week 3 as he tore his achilles and many suspected his career might be over.

However, 2013 is dawning very bright for Church currently with him grading “in the green” every week this year culminating with this fine effort. An excellent all-around display, it was his work in coverage that rightly gets the plaudits as he provides the kind of back end support the team desperately needs.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...sl-dal-week-3/

Old 09-23-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Good share pocket! The whole read was actually very good.