Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-26-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
I actually feel very confident with our front four going against a statue in Rivers and a battered O-line. San Diego feels like a "smoke and mirrors" team so far... what really scares you about them?
THEY don't scare me. I'm more concerned with our pension to come out flat after a big win.

This is a game we should win handily. Our corners should manhandle their WRs and force Rivers to hold onto the ball which coupled with a LOT of pressure from our front 4 should result in some splash plays for us. Their running game doesn't scare me at all and to be quite frank they don't have anyone on their roster who can cover Dez.

All of it adds up to a big win however we haven't delivered in the past in this scenario so I'm optimistic but concerned. If anything perhaps I should say I think we'll win but it will be a lot closer than it should be.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we lose this game before Denver things are going to start spiraling downward quickly. Sitting at 2-3 we'd probably have let every team back in the division race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
I actually feel very confident with our front four going against a statue in Rivers and a battered O-line. San Diego feels like a "smoke and mirrors" team so far... what really scares you about them?
I agree. If there are any "Fakers" out there, I would include them in the bunch.

...unfortunately, I could easily say the same about us. HAHAHA
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
If we lose this game before Denver things are going to start spiraling downward quickly. Sitting at 2-3 we'd probably have let every team back in the division race.
I have us winning this game but win or lose, I still think we will beat Denver.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chargers O-Line is really banged up from what I've read. Apparently Fluker was the only starter at practice for the OL yesterday, and he's coming off of missing a game. Defense should dominate if the Chargers come in missing a few starters on the line.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The chargers pass defense is one of the worst in the NFL. They also can't stop the run. Their OL has 2-3 injuries and 2 starters will be game time decisions. Rivers has been playing elite...but he get impatient. Keep the ball in front of us and make them drive and this game shouldn't even be close. I expect to see a game similar to the one last week against the Rams. Except I acknowledge that Rivers is going to make some good plays. Just have to get him to screw up once or twice and get in his head.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I would worry about not having Austin in this game... but we don't use him anyways, so I'm good. lol
Old 09-27-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I would worry about not having Austin in this game... but we don't use him anyways, so I'm good. lol
Shocking that he's missing time so early in the season, he's usually such a reliable player. haha

We should be confident in our team going into this game, but we're Cowboy fans so we know better. If we have any semblence of a running game, we should be okay, but who knows?
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Listening to the Lunch Break right now. A caller came in saying Travis Frederick is currently the top graded Center on ProFootballFocus' grades. My subscription ran out and I've been debating on renewing it.

Awesome to hear though.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Listening to the Lunch Break right now. A caller came in saying Travis Frederick is currently the top graded Center on ProFootballFocus' grades. My subscription ran out and I've been debating on renewing it.

Awesome to hear though.
If we somehow grab a decent RG in the draft we will finally have a young corps group to build from. That will certainly pay dividends down the road when it is time for Romo to hang up the cleats.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Wow that Tampa-2 has been amazing for DeMarcus Ware's career.

Honestly if he had played 4-3 DE his entire career he might have even better stats so far, as hard as that is to believe.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
Wow that Tampa-2 has been amazing for DeMarcus Ware's career.

Honestly if he had played 4-3 DE his entire career he might have even better stats so far, as hard as that is to believe.
It's been 3 games bro.

So far so good. So I'm happy.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Love these blue jerseys!
Old 09-29-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:/ Morris Claiborne still rusty.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers seems on so far. We look like we've been reading our press clippings. Haha
Old 09-29-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
:/ Morris Claiborne still rusty.
Mo's been rusty his whole career so far.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Man, I wanted Keenan Allen...
Old 09-29-2013, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Yeah what in the world was that on defense. I don't like being right about us being a rollercoaster team. We need to bounce back and enforce ourselves.

5 plays - 65 yards and a cheap TD. That's not Kiffin-ball on defense. We need be forcing them into efficient long drives not giving them freebies.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Why don't we run the freaking ball???
Old 09-29-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*sigh*......
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Why don't we run the freaking ball???
I told you before. We did EVERYTHING right last week so today will be our regression. Why do what worked last week when we can go back to how were before previously?

Don't worry we'll fumble a punt, get a FG blocked, or make some kind of ST mistake too.
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cant pass protect and when we do we drop it. Same old Cowboys, win 1 lose 1 win one lose 1.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
dsc1600
Veteran

I don't care who is calling the plays, it's the same script. Whenever we're behind, forget running, 3 straight pass plays into a defense expecting just that.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Now it's time for us to give up another easy score to make it a two score deficit. After that we'll be on track for perhaps 5 rushing attempts for the entire game while SD blitzes us to death.

Note: The media will blame it all on Romo.

At least if the past is any indicator. Why can't we play two good games in a row -_-
Old 09-29-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Nice stop by the D.