Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-07-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
what im saying is its not that peyton is so great, it doesn't take a mastermind to dump the ball off in to that flat if the defense just doesn't cover it. san diego did the same thing last week. somebody should be responsible for coming up and tackling that guy. that is what was killing us

moreno and hillman were combined targeted 9 times for 9 catches and 102 yards all on little dump off passes. that averages out to over 10 yards per completion that just way too easy. we can't continue to give that up. yeah they got weapons but 102 is way too much. the reason peyton did't get pressure was we simply never got them into 3rd and long and why.? 10 yards a pop on a checkdowns
Classic case of the pass opening up the run or the deep stuff opening up the underneath stuff. We just got spread out too thin. I guess my point is that I would tend to shift my blame to scheme moreso than personnel.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:33 AM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really the next 3 games is gonna decide alot in the NFC East. Dallas can really nearly knock out both other NFC East teams and build a very strong lead.

You can really put the Redskins in alot of peril with a win where a win can essentially give you a 2 and a half game lead over them with the tiebreakers.

Now I know the Eagles can wet the bed but 2 of their next 3 are against the Bucs and hosting the Giants but in between there is the game in Philly where if you win that one the division is really yours to loose.

I really see a 3 game winning streak coming for you, The Eagles going 2-1 and Washington going 0-3.

I am stealing this from the Eagles forum on the official site but i loved it so much, the only chance the Eagles have is if Carey Williams can bait Bryant into a fight and get him ejected.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Classic case of the pass opening up the run or the deep stuff opening up the underneath stuff. We just got spread out too thin. I guess my point is that I would tend to shift my blame to scheme moreso than personnel.
I lean the opposite direction, the scheme revolves around the pass rush hitting home before the longer routes have time to strech the coverage. While our front four hasn't been terrible the last two games they haven't been able to dictate the pace of the QB's progression enough.

I'll have to watch the game again but it looks like we run a lot of man coverage from the nickle with a cover 3 shell to prevent the deep ball. Scandrick did a really nice job on Welker especially with all the built in option routes that Wes can run as he reads the coverage. Carr vs D Thomas was a very good matchup on the outside but with most of the routes deep Demaryious played the roll of decoy. He was able to draw the safety to his side deeper in zone to keep the lid on the defense. Same goes from Decker vs Claiborne for the most part with the exception of the 57 yard pass on the outside. As the Will and nickle LB it was Sims job to turn and run with either the TE or RB. Sims saw a good amount of time against Julius Thomas. When the offense has enough time to get either the TE deep down the field it is going to cause issues. This causes the Will to turn and run (taking his eyes off of the ball) and draws Lee into coverage in the seem if the route is between the hashes. Once Lee engadges in any type of deep coverage it opens up the flood gates for the RB leaking out of the backfield.

We need the front four to find some juice somewhere and limit QB's to three step drops. This keeps the plays in front of the secondary and allows the defenders to make plays on the ball. That last two weeks we haven't been able to take advantages in the trenches and we got burned. Expect more of the same if that continues to be a trend.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:04 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys win the next two and all is forgotten.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

To play the Tampa-2 properly you need a really heady, physical safety that can understand man coverage and can also hit the crap out of the RB in the box.

If they just had one really good safety (a la John Lynch) the Cowboys would have a top-5 defense easy.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glass half full fact of the week- 2nd highest scoring team in the NFL after that shootout yesterday...The Dallas Cowboys. Lets become that, the aggressive offense with all these playmakers, open it up and play to your strength. The defense needs to improve a bit, but I believe it's the best one in the division.

You need an identity on offense, there it is. You found it, now be that. I understand the philosophy of taking what a defense gives you but at some point you have to say this is what we do and utilize these weapons properly.

Really happy with what the offense was able to do yesterday aside from the one error Romo made at the end, should've checked it to murray, but we went shot for shot with the best.

Glass half empty- Jason Garrett as a head coach??!! Still leaves me shaking my head, everyone knows you let them score there if you want to have a chance. My wife was saying "just let them score!! LOL

Last edited by Jas : 10-07-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we have another game where we score less than 20 points offensively, it'll be damning evidence that this staff needs to be removed. The underachieving this offense is capable of is mind-boggling.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
If we have another game where we score less than 20 points offensively, it'll be damning evidence that this staff needs to be removed. The underachieving this offense is capable of is mind-boggling.
It's like we play the opposing team and the coaching staff sometimes. lol
Old 10-07-2013, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Considering that we have 3 new offensive lineman and one that most of us wanted in the trash heap to start the season I'm not sweating game the performance against the Chiefs/Chargers. Waters has gotten his feet wet and Leary/Fredbeard are cutting their teeth on the fly. The play should only get better as the season progresses, expect more 30+ point games from this unit.

Lack of depth on the D-line is what is going to hurt us down the road when Brees, Rodgers, RGIII, and Vick come to town. We need to find a way to grind out some tough wins to get rolling. As long as we win Div games we can limp into the playoffs. Just as long as we get out of this 8-8 purgatory I am good.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
i truly wish you came face 2 face with dez bryant in a dark alley with no witnesses someday

If he were there, it'd probably be him pimping his mom. $50 gets me free and clear with a hummer to boot.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I lean the opposite direction, the scheme revolves around the pass rush hitting home before the longer routes have time to strech the coverage. While our front four hasn't been terrible the last two games they haven't been able to dictate the pace of the QB's progression enough.

I'll have to watch the game again but it looks like we run a lot of man coverage from the nickle with a cover 3 shell to prevent the deep ball. Scandrick did a really nice job on Welker especially with all the built in option routes that Wes can run as he reads the coverage. Carr vs D Thomas was a very good matchup on the outside but with most of the routes deep Demaryious played the roll of decoy. He was able to draw the safety to his side deeper in zone to keep the lid on the defense. Same goes from Decker vs Claiborne for the most part with the exception of the 57 yard pass on the outside. As the Will and nickle LB it was Sims job to turn and run with either the TE or RB. Sims saw a good amount of time against Julius Thomas. When the offense has enough time to get either the TE deep down the field it is going to cause issues. This causes the Will to turn and run (taking his eyes off of the ball) and draws Lee into coverage in the seem if the route is between the hashes. Once Lee engadges in any type of deep coverage it opens up the flood gates for the RB leaking out of the backfield.

We need the front four to find some juice somewhere and limit QB's to three step drops. This keeps the plays in front of the secondary and allows the defenders to make plays on the ball. That last two weeks we haven't been able to take advantages in the trenches and we got burned. Expect more of the same if that continues to be a trend.
I get that the DL is of pivotal importance in the Tampa2 scheme and that we haven't generated enough pressure there the last 2 games. However, as I said earlier, Peyton was getting rid of the ball extremely quick and we didn't do anything (at least from a common's fan's perspective) to adjust to that. One of the ways I think that's possible is by playing physical with their WRs. Trying to disrupt their timing and redirecting them from their routes. I think we left their receivers too clean throughout the game and they easily made it to their assignments. If Peyton had been holding onto the ball and sat in the pocket before making his throws (kinda like what Romo was doing -- kudos to our OL), then I could find more blame in the DL for not getting there.

PFF's report is nice read, but they noted this:

Quote:
On 42 drop-backs Manning averaged 2.2 seconds from snap to release, getting rid of the ball in 2.5 seconds or less on 31 of his 42 snaps.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...en-dal-week-5/

Again, I get that this scheme demands pressure from the front 4, but I hate the fact that if they aren't getting pressure then we're not making adjustments to create some. I think we have personnel on defense to be playing better than we have been.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

This was also nice to read in the PFF article.

Quote:
The breakout performer though was Terrance Williams (+2.9) who caught everything thrown his way, including capitalizing on the sloppy deep defending by Tony Carter to run away for an 82-yard score. He showed signs last week in San Diego but also coughed up a drop and a fumble. This week he put things together with a performance that, if sustained, gives the Cowboys a terrifying receiving duo with Bryant.

- For the third straight week Cowboys’ rookie center Travis Frederick graded well as a run blocker, with a +1.7 grade this week his third straight of +1.5 or higher.

- On average, Tony Romo’s depth of target was 4 yards deeper than Peyton Manning’s. Romo’s aDOT was 11.3 yards across the line of scrimmage, compared to Manning’s 7.2 yards.
Loving Frederick! Hope Tony keeps attacking!

That draft day trade down to land Frederick and Williams over someone we would've taken at 18 is looking pretty choice right now! Have a feeling this draft is going to be remembered positively! Escobar, Wilcox already getting burn time. Randle and Webb still feel good too.

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-07-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think a big issue is that they need to work the defense to a point where they're giving up so much ground for receivers to run around. Carr and Claiborne are physical guys, so maybe they can work something in their zones where they get to bump guys off their routes to give the rushers more time. Against Peyton it's a death wish to give his receivers room to run free like that. There was no chance to get a pass rush when the guy gets rid of it in 2 seconds on a consistent basis. I think the defense needs to rework the holes in the zone because I think it's more of a scheme issue than a personnel one.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I think a big issue is that they need to work the defense to a point where they're giving up so much ground for receivers to run around. Carr and Claiborne are physical guys, so maybe they can work something in their zones where they get to bump guys off their routes to give the rushers more time. Against Peyton it's a death wish to give his receivers room to run free like that. There was no chance to get a pass rush when the guy gets rid of it in 2 seconds on a consistent basis. I think the defense needs to rework the holes in the zone because I think it's more of a scheme issue than a personnel one.
I mean seriously... how can we blame the DL for not getting pressure on the QB within 2.5 seconds when he is backing up and has 5 blockers in front of him???

We might as well replace the 4 DL with 4 DBs and have them drop back in coverage! lol
Old 10-07-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton was just too damn fast. Yesterday I would constantly say something like, "Okay time for Ware to get a...damn, he just threw that fast as hell." The guy is a straight up machine.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much pressure did we get in SD against 3 backup O-linemen?

Watt Hatcher Floyd Ware.....Ahhhh what could have been

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On third-and-one at the 2-yard line with 1:40 left, the Cowboys were faced with a decision: let Denver score and get the ball back or try to stop them and force a field goal.

Head coach Jason Garrett went with door No. 2. Knowshon Moreno picked up a yard, the Broncos kept the ball and kicked a field goal as time expired to win.

“You’re balancing the idea of getting a stop there,’’ said Garrett, who said he did think about letting the Broncos score a touchdown. “If you get a stop there, they kick the field goal and you give yourself a much better chance to tie the football game coming back. You have no timeouts and all that, so you weight those out.

“We decided to try to make the stop on third down and they made it by about an inch.’’

Owner Jerry Jones said he agreed with Garrett’s decision.
Another bad decision by Garrett

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 10-07-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Another bad decision by Garrett
One day we'll get a real HC..Gruden would be nice but I'd take lovie smith over Garrett, its nothing personal but he's not a head coach.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

What could have been? As if to say what? That you think Peyton would've been pressured into trouble?

The impact of Frederick and Williams outweigh him badly. Not even close.

Quote:
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings rookie defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd saw 44 snaps in Sunday's loss to the Detroit Lions after sitting out with a knee injury since the second preseason game on Aug. 16.

Floyd registered just one pass deflection on the stat sheet, but was collectively involved in a poor run defense that surrendered 117 yards on the ground -- the most given up to the Lions since Sept. 20, 2009 when the Vikings allowed 129 rushing yards to a group including running back Kevin Smith.

"Not so much tentative, but his technique at times was an issue," Coach Leslie Frazier said. "You have to be a little bit more technically sound in some of the things he was doing. There were times when they were running the football and you could see that he was trying to pass rush."

"That makes it a little bit softer and creates problems for us," Frazier said.
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/R..._results090913

Let it go pocket.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Lovie Smith? Perfect for Jerrah, a coach to control.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I mean seriously... how can we blame the DL for not getting pressure on the QB within 2.5 seconds when he is backing up and has 5 blockers in front of him???

We might as well replace the 4 DL with 4 DBs and have them drop back in coverage! lol
How about pressing the CBs that you brought in for that very reason ..... just a thought. Change up looks. Do things differently. Ya know ...
Old 10-07-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Nah. Frederick has been very very good so far, and having a strong center is a major deal for an OL for years. Floyd would look nice with all the injuries to the DL right now, but Frederick has been a nice factor in the OL becoming better and better each game. I remember how bad Costya was, so I'm glad they got Frederick.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

We still would have got Fredrick, in the 2nd or 3rd round

Old 10-08-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

There's no guarantee that Frederick would have been there. All it takes is one team to look at him, and then he's gone. Just look at how Cooper and Warmack going so high changed the flow of OL for teams. "Everyone" was so sure that there was no way a guard goes in the top ten yet two went that high this year. We can talk about how no team wanted Frederick, but that's really no guarantee when you consider that teams tend to take their favorites around the last first to early second anyway. Plus Frederick looks like a real find, and they got Terrance Williams on top of that. If they got two good players it doesn't matter who they passed on because you can't have them all. We'll see how things end up, but so far Frederick and Williams seems like a much better deal than just getting Floyd. Time will tell on it, but fixing two problems isn't a bad deal at all. OL was by far the worst part of the team last year, and on top of that we know that Austin is injury prone.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:26 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
We still would have got Fredrick, in the 2nd or 3rd round
You can't just deny the rumors because you don't agree with them. There were rumors that a team was going to take him before we picked again in Round 2.

If you love a guy enough you don't make assumptions that he will be there on your next pick. He's proving all his draft day doubters wrong. He's the highest rated C in the league according to PFF's grades.

Combine him with T-Will and the trade down looks genius. That's amazing value out of the 18th pick.