Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-27-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That **** is on Tanner, he's back there dancing around going left to right and swinging it outside when we are trying to run out the clock. We didn't need yards on the play we needed to move forward and let the clock run. It doesn't even matter, we are the same team we always are. Find ways to lose. Historic ways. We have more historic, iconic losses the last 10 years then anybody.

Almost lost to the Giants in week 1, Chargers came back on us big time, it's the same old thing. It makes me sick to my stomach that I keep putting up with losing in such dramatic fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:33 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am so sick of this team, and it's incompetence late in games.

If we could have run the ball late in this game at all, none of this would have happened.

The killer play was the hold at the end of the game. Really telling moment, Garrett wanted the clock to start running, didn't even know the clock stops on the penalty. Can we get rid of this jackass and move on?
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, I predict that Phillip Tanner will be cut this week.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Damn it Romo!!! Lol this could only happen to us! Fuc*ing Tyron lost this game. It was OVER
Did you watch the game? Not being able to sustain drives killed us. Not throwing more to Dez killed us. Poor offensive game plan from the start. We play scared. Defense that gets a lot of turnovers does not compensate for yards allowed.

I'm not blaming Romo for this loss, but he is clearly not better than Stafford.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Garrett must be fired tomorrow. I'm done watching him destroy this teams chances, he is unqualified and unfit to be a head coach. Kicking a field goal, and giving them the ball with 1:06. Just run the ball there the lions have no times outs take it down to like 20 seconds you're up 3 and lets see if they can get into range to tie it. He has no idea what he's doing and you can see he's losing the players. Romo, dez, no one knows wtf Garrett is doing.

It's time for him to go.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
That **** is on Tanner, he's back there dancing around going left to right and swinging it outside when we are trying to run out the clock. We didn't need yards on the play we needed to move forward and let the clock run. It doesn't even matter, we are the same team we always are. Find ways to lose. Historic ways. We have more historic, iconic losses the last 10 years then anybody.

Almost lost to the Giants in week 1, Chargers came back on us big time, it's the same old thing. It makes me sick to my stomach that I keep putting up with losing in such dramatic fashion.
Why was Tanner even put in that position? Garrett could've kneeled the ball...

Garrett is the one that needs to be fired. He's a crap HC. He's good at nothing.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to blame this loss on romo, but I can't. I am once again embarrassed to be a fan of this team.
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
Jason Garrett must be fired tomorrow. I'm done watching him destroy this teams chances, he is unqualified and unfit to be a head coach. Kicking a field goal, and giving them the ball with 1:06. Just run the ball there the lions have no times outs take it down to like 20 seconds you're up 3 and lets see if they can get into range to tie it. He has no idea what he's doing and you can see he's losing the players. Romo, dez, no one knows wtf Garrett is doing.

It's time for him to go.
We could easily promote Marinelli to HC leave Kiffin as DC and still make a run at this. But Garrett has to go. I'm done with him.
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm gonna leave before Bob detonates this thread.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody surprised we are a .500 team yet again? Never going to change with JJ running the team. 18 years of history and counting. Im sick!!!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

We also had terrible safety play again today. Once again paying for our refusal to address this position properly.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's time for him to go.
It was 4th down. You run the ball, the clock stops with the change of position. Now your up 3 instead of 6 and they STILL have over a min to go and better field position. We lost because of a STUPID penalty once again. If i made a movie about us, nobody would believe it. We are a STUPID team!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 10-27-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
We also had terrible safety play again today. Once again paying for our refusal to address this position properly.
Sounds like a GM problem.....Again

Old 10-27-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Doesn't EVERY team in the world from Pee Wee level to the NFL take a kneel there???????????????????
Old 10-27-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I know the offense was not very good for much of the day, and we should've been up by 21 with all the turnovers we had but those things happen in a game yet there you are at crunch time and he consistently blows it.
I didn't like our chances in this game, but we should've won it, shame.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Sad part is, at 2-3, I never thought we'd be 6-3. I thought I'd be happy with 5-4, which will inevitably lead into 5-5 with the Saints coming in.

After the bye, we need to go 4-2 and we'll win the division, get a home playoff game and go from there.

The season isn't over, as much as we wish we could blow the whole thing up and start over as it stands right now.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
I think I'm gonna leave before Bob detonates this thread.
He's banned.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Doesn't EVERY team in the world from Pee Wee level to the NFL take a kneel there???????????????????
The true absurdity is that we couldn't move the ball at all forward on 2 plays. We couldn't move it FORWARD on the previous drive either. 4 runs, 4 negative plays. Completely absurd in every way.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Quote:
It was 4th down. You run the ball, the clock stops with the change of position. Now your up 3 instead of 6 and they STILL have over a min to go and better field position. We lost because of a STUPID penalty once again. If i made a movie about us, nobody would believe it. We are a STUPID team!
You take the penalty there and run the ball. Even the commentators laugh at us.
The possesion before that a bigger joke running the ball 4 times..lol

Last edited by Jas : 10-27-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The true absurdity is that we couldn't move the ball at all forward on 2 plays. We couldn't move it FORWARD on the previous drive either. 4 runs, 4 negative plays. Completely absurd in every way.
Does that speak to our O-line? This was a heartbreaker but I figured we'd go 2-2 with 3 games on the road. We beat Minny at home, then we go to N.O. After that we need to pick it up. VERY winnable games after our bye

Old 10-27-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ummm The penalty was on us and Detroit declined it. That made it 4th down!

Old 10-27-2013, 03:55 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Quote:
The penalty was on us. Detroit declined it. Garrett had no choice but to kick the field goal. The idea was whether or not to run it or take a knee which may have pushed the field goal back so much that it wasn't worth it.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Does that speak to our O-line? This was a heartbreaker but I figured we'd go 2-2 with 3 games on the road. We beat Minny at home, then we go to N.O. After that we need to pick it up. VERY winnable games after our bye
NO, it speaks to the predictability of the play. Surely we were gonna run. Everyone in the world knew it. Gaining yards was insignificant. Running the clock out was the purpose.

I will NEVER understand why we didn't kneel the ball on 3rd down. NEVER. EVER. EVER.

That's my last straw with Garrett. He drafted all his toys in the draft to put together an offense that is supposed to enforce their will. This season is on him and this loss is on HIM.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The penalty was on us. Detroit declined it. Garrett had no choice but to kick the field goal. The idea was whether or not to run it or take a knee which may have pushed the field goal back so much that it wasn't worth it.
Then you QB sneak and not lose yards.

There is NO LOGIC for what Garrett did.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
NO, it speaks to the predictability of the play. Surely we were gonna run. Everyone in the world knew it. Gaining yards was insignificant. Running the clock out was the purpose.

I will NEVER understand why we didn't kneel the ball on 3rd down. NEVER. EVER. EVER.

That's my last straw with Garrett. He drafted all his toys in the draft to put together an offense that is supposed to enforce their will. This season is on him and this loss is on HIM.
We ran for 62 yards the entire game. Its like that every game unless we are playing the rams. Another thing we should be talking about is in 8 games we've giving up 400+yards to 4 different QBs. With all we have invested in the secondary, this shouldnt be happening every other week. The sad thing is we are 5 points away from being 7-1, but it seems like thats always the case. We cant win the close ones and way to many of our games are close