Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-19-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Is it me or are there a few aliases/posters that put up really long posts? They seem to travel in packs on this forum.

I am dreaming Dom Capers tonite. Belated XMas present.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameverywhere
Is it me or are there a few aliases/posters that put up really long posts? They seem to travel in packs on this forum.

I am dreaming Dom Capers tonite. Belated XMas present.
????????

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Should be a decision tommorow....if Parcells is gone and Wade Phillips is hired I will committ football suicide.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Parcells is gone, we gotta take a 3-4 guru. I like both Capers and Philips..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like BP is gone. Thats what all the rumor mills are saying anyway. All his close friends, the coaching staff bolting out the door, etc all indicates it.

I said it in a thread in the NFL forum, after watching some old footage of BP, I just got the impression that the Dallas BP wasn't the same guy. He lost alot of his fiery demeanor, he wasn't in people's faces like he used to, he just seemed old and tired in Dallas.

He still did a great job, building up the program to respectability, but it just wasn't the same Bill Parcells that the Giants, Jets, and Patriots knew. This one was Bill Parcells lite. Im surprised he's leaving, I thought he wouldn't let this happen considering he has a good chance with this team next year, but I guess he's just too old and tired to keep going. He is 65, and thats very old for a coach.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

ProFootballTalk.com is reporting a contract extension.

http://profootballtalk.com/

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 01-20-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Looks like BP is gone. Thats what all the rumor mills are saying anyway. All his close friends, the coaching staff bolting out the door, etc all indicates it.

I said it in a thread in the NFL forum, after watching some old footage of BP, I just got the impression that the Dallas BP wasn't the same guy. He lost alot of his fiery demeanor, he wasn't in people's faces like he used to, he just seemed old and tired in Dallas.

He still did a great job, building up the program to respectability, but it just wasn't the same Bill Parcells that the Giants, Jets, and Patriots knew. This one was Bill Parcells lite. Im surprised he's leaving, I thought he wouldn't let this happen considering he has a good chance with this team next year, but I guess he's just too old and tired to keep going. He is 65, and thats very old for a coach.
Not sure who the sources are but he is staying. With respect to watching old footage and drawig inferences it is not necessarily a strong predictor of future behavior in my mind.

With respect to the coaching changes, I think this is going to be a "double up" on coaching guys Parcells likes and wants. Lee was never going to be OC and got his shot to grow professionally. DeHaven was ok so no big loss. Zimmer was not a Parcells guy.

But hey, until it is in stone it is not.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
If Parcells is gone, we gotta take a 3-4 guru. I like both Capers and Philips..
A couple of points on Capers.

Apparently Capers is staying because Cameron will not mess with anything on the D.

Plus, I don't know if you saw the Cameron press conference. All I will say is he is not a South Florida coach and seems ill prepared for the task at hand. He honestly did not seem to very bright and was overwhelmed by the media. Capers may be just lurking in the wings.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Just an observation. Just look back over the blog. Certain aliases do post in packs. 12:31, 12:32, 12:33, etc....... The chances are low they are logged in at the same time unless they are one in the same.

For an example of normal posting just look at the last two pages. Time stamps are spread out.

Quote:
Quote:
Is I am dreaming Dom Capers tonite. Belated XMas present.
????????
Response on Capers below.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

I agree man. Bill is a great coach don't get me wrong, and he got the Cowboys some great players but at this stage in his career he needs to go. At his age health starts to become an issueand he has to realize that.

That's also what Jerry Jones has to realize when thinking about hiring Wade Philips. The guy turns 60 years old this year!!!!???? How is that any different than Parcells. This guy is probably going to be on a yearly basis as well. I guarantee the most Philips gets if he becomes the Cowboys head coach is 2 years, which is just plain stupid.

Get me one of these young guns. An Urban Meyer, a Bob Stoops, a Josh McDaniels. Those types of coaches would be better suited for our job.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

Guys. Heres a flashback of last year. Good Stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFM4DuoZRgg&eurl=
Old 01-20-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Quote:

I agree man. Bill is a great coach don't get me wrong, and he got the Cowboys some great players but at this stage in his career he needs to go. At his age health starts to become an issueand he has to realize that.

That's also what Jerry Jones has to realize when thinking about hiring Wade Philips. The guy turns 60 years old this year!!!!???? How is that any different than Parcells. This guy is probably going to be on a yearly basis as well. I guarantee the most Philips gets if he becomes the Cowboys head coach is 2 years, which is just plain stupid.

Get me one of these young guns. An Urban Meyer, a Bob Stoops, a Josh McDaniels. Those types of coaches would be better suited for our job.
I still think he's capable of coaching. 2 years more max though. He is still one hell of a coach, just not the same as he used to be. 10 years ago, he was the Bill Bellichick of the league. Now he's old and it seems like he lost some fire, but that doesn't mean that he stinks. He's still very capable of coaching a winner. If Romo doesn't fumble, he'd probably be in the NFC championship game as we speak.

Im just surprised that he's gonna hang it up when he still has unfinished business.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't read this until today, but we lost our special teams coach Bruce DeHaven to the Seahawks...

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/app...0601120417.jpg
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whether anybody likes it or not, I think Parcells has to leave now. I love the guy and everything he did for us. I've enjoyed seeing our rise from three consecutive 5-11 seasons. The talent level on the team is young and exciting! We've got some great talent to look forward to watching for a very long time to come.

BUT... it's time. I don't like the fact that 2 of our coaches with the knowledge of everything we do (all the ins and outs/strengths and weaknesses) went to two teams in the NFC which we will have to face next year. We already seen Sean Payton rip us apart... If Parcells is still the coach next year, you can add Seattle (DeHaven) and Atlanta (Zimmer) to the list... :evil:
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetBLACK08
Guys. Heres a flashback of last year. Good Stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFM4DuoZRgg&eurl=
Nice post. Thanks jet.

Albert Camus
Old 01-20-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just an observation. Just look back over the blog. Certain aliases do post in packs. 12:31, 12:32, 12:33, etc....... The chances are low they are logged in at the same time unless they are one in the same.

For an example of normal posting just look at the last two pages. Time stamps are spread out.

Quote:
Quote:
????????
I'd love Capers as well, but apparently he just signed his contract.

Albert Camus
Old 01-20-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

So, since Tomlin was hired by the Steelers, Lebeau should be up for grabs. Tomlin runs a cover 2.

Albert Camus
Old 01-20-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
ProFootballTalk.com is reporting a contract extension.

http://profootballtalk.com/
Great friggin link. I love it. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
????????
I'd love Capers as well, but apparently he just signed his contract.
Funny Capers is taying making more than the Head Coach.

FUnnier, I kind of said nasty things of Capers not being too sharp and that website you posted really put some meat on the bones on that one.

My read is Capers was promised full autonomy and the job if Cameron is a bust.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
So, since Tomlin was hired by the Steelers, Lebeau should be up for grabs. Tomlin runs a cover 2.
Good stuff. My only concern is the Schottenhiemer / Cowher guys don't seem to run in the same circles as the Parcells / Belichick guys.

I think this all gets announced all at once in a big Jerry Jones circus with Bill as the ring master this week.

It will put the Cowboys in the media for an entire week b/f the press heads out to the SB in Miami.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Good stuff. My only concern is the Schottenhiemer / Cowher guys don't seem to run in the same circles as the Parcells / Belichick guys.

I think this all gets announced all at once in a big Jerry Jones circus with Bill as the ring master this week.

It will put the Cowboys in the media for an entire week b/f the press heads out to the SB in Miami.
Yup. You're probably right. You know Jerry will make a splash.

Albert Camus
Old 01-20-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I want Mike Singletary. Also, does anyone know much about Dean Pees, DC, Pats?

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Well, I want Mike Singletary. Also, does anyone know much about Dean Pees, DC, Pats?
I hope that there is at least some effort put forth to talk to Singletary. As far as Pees goes, the only thing I know is that he coaced their linebackers for a couple of years.

Albert Camus
Old 01-20-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, he's done very well with that defense, especially after loosing all those players...

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
I hope that there is at least some effort put forth to talk to Singletary. As far as Pees goes, the only thing I know is that he coaced their linebackers for a couple of years.
a Couple of points.

1) I would be really concerned about taking the NE DC. This would be the guy third in-line to leave ... Crennel, Mangini ..... next. I have to wonder about the bench strength in that staff

2) The guy getting all the attention in NE is the O Coorindator. He is the on who has dealt with the most losses comparatively speaking. The D (front seven particularly) has been very stable last two years.

Again, I have to wonder about the NE Bench Strength in the coaching ranks. Takes a little seasoning for these guys to be qualified and the Pats guys are really really young and new in their roles.