Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-25-2014, 04:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
DeMarcus Ware could be released, Jerry Jones says.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...rry-jones-says

In other words reduce your cap hit or hit the market.
In other words, the Cowboys might choose to keep Hatcher over Ware. We've been talking about it... so we'll see what happens.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:16 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
In other words, the Cowboys might choose to keep Hatcher over Ware. We've been talking about it... so we'll see what happens.
I've read where we are interested but are going to let the market set the price. On Spencer too.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:42 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Spencer gets a small deal to play with the Saints. I imagine that he may want to go back to a 3-4, and Rob likes him. He could take a "prove it" type deal here too, but the 3-4 may be more lucrative.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Is that a good thing in your opinion?
I'm a big believer in having an approach for our organization. I think it's dumb if he didn't have his hand in the defense already. For being an educated man who's been running the offense for over 5 years now. I'd think he'd have been sharing his thoughts. More quickness on the inside of the defense. More size on the outside. These are things I think have been missing and maybe he can add...lord knows we haven't had much stability on the defensive side since he's been here. I don't know if it's good or bad...but we are heading into no excuses in 2014. He has proven veterans all around him and he's calling the shots. Put up or shut up Garrett. No other choice.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:53 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Cowboys are not tendering Phillip Tanner. Start your RB scouting!
He was due almost 1.4 million if tendered...could easily resign for 700k vet min or w/e like McCray did last year. Also think we might look at another scatback. Have Murray/Randle and Dunbar/Scat back. Makes it easier to gameplan rulesl when there isn't one point of failure. Still seems heavy to me. We have other positions that would piss themselves for 3 solid guys deep.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-25-2014, 07:58 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I don't know if I've voiced my side yet. But talking Ware vs. Hatcher....I'm paying Ware. Hatcher didn't put up till contract year...too risky. Whereas Ware is a 31 year old future potential Hall of Famer. He didn't look washed up in Oxnard. Keep him healthy. Maybe try limiting his snaps to get more production. Maybe he's just not a workhorse at this age. Hell bring in a Dee Ford or Kareem Martin and let them split snaps.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-25-2014, 08:02 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
4 wasn't enough last year. We're a different team when Murray goes down. All we have are complimentary scatbacks as fill ins.
Randle was a rookie who didn't have contact on the field until week 2 of the preseason. I think you might be selling him short. A full NFL offseason can do a lot to a player both physically and mentally.

I wouldn't mind seeing dunbar having a role similar to what he had on turkeyday. If they like that insurance isn't too bad. Sims from WV is a guy I like as a scatback not breakaway speed like dunbar but quick and great outta backfield. Not sure if we'd draft Sims our RBs must pass block.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-26-2014, 04:48 AM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he'll end up taking a cut and staying, a cut is probably still much better than what he'd get on the market. I could be wrong but I don't think they're cutting Ware.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I've read where we are interested but are going to let the market set the price. On Spencer too.
Bravo. Letting the market set the price is the best thing the Cowboys can do. I HATE when they set the price.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
He was due almost 1.4 million if tendered...could easily resign for 700k vet min or w/e like McCray did last year. Also think we might look at another scatback. Have Murray/Randle and Dunbar/Scat back. Makes it easier to gameplan rulesl when there isn't one point of failure. Still seems heavy to me. We have other positions that would piss themselves for 3 solid guys deep.
Why though? He offers nothing. Tanner is your classic preseason hero. Nothing more.

Randle is not a bellcow. I'm cool with him being a backup and giving him a few snaps here and there, but I wouldn't even consider him our 3rd down back so long as Murray and Dunbar are healthy. I don't see me wanting to give him snaps unless someone is hurt. I can't complain about him, but I also can't put more into it than it is. I don't have faith in our running game if Murray goes down. Dunbar fumbles, Randle is not thick enough...

This RB class is deep. I hope we find a way to draft a guy that could potentially replace Murray if he gets hurt or let go in FA next season.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:43 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bravo. Letting the market set the price is the best thing the Cowboys can do. I HATE when they set the price.
Speaking of which, BTB has a good article on our Organizational report card if anybody cares to read. Not to pretty though.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/...organizational

Quote:
Arguably the franchise's longest-running core problem has been their inability to self -scout. Former personnel insider Bryan Broaddus tells the tale of post-season evaluation sessions during the 5-11 Dave Campo years in which he felt as if they were describing a playoff-caliber roster. This analytical failure continues; during too many offseasons, we hear excuses rather than cold, hard roster analysis emanating from Valley Ranch. How many years now has a version of "this team can compete for a Super Bowl" been heard on Jerry's Jones' lips at the Senior Bowl or Combine?
The good news is Garrett has made us much younger.

Quote:
The positive result of this emphasis is that the Cowboys roster has gotten much younger. When Garrett took over the team in 2010, he presided over an aging roster; the team had 14 players who were 29 or older, twelve of whom were starters or (in John Kitna's case) key contributors. Assuming the team severs ties with Miles Austin, only four of the 2014 projected starting 22 will be 29 or older (this could change if they re-sign greybeard defensive linemen Anthony Spencer and Jason Hatcher). That's what they call a youth movement, folks.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas View Post
I think he'll end up taking a cut and staying, a cut is probably still much better than what he'd get on the market. I could be wrong but I don't think they're cutting Ware.
Really hoping for him to take a cut too. ESPN already has an article about good of an idea it would be for the Giants to sign him if we cut him. Talk about hurt. I want Ware to retire with us and I want him to play up to his contract. Is that so much to ask?
Old 02-26-2014, 12:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I think that Spencer gets a small deal to play with the Saints. I imagine that he may want to go back to a 3-4, and Rob likes him. He could take a "prove it" type deal here too, but the 3-4 may be more lucrative.
I can see that. But if it's a small deal, I don't mind him returning here either.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:52 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spencer returning would be good for the draft. They can't fill all the holes at once, so they may not take a DE until round 4 or so. Not saying that guy can't help out this year, but Spencer on a one year vet minimum could ease that transition along. I'm still a believe in Crawford too. He was a high draft pick two years ago, and he hasn't gotten a chance yet to work in Marinelli's scheme. He's the sleeper this year on the DL.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:25 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Why though? He offers nothing. Tanner is your classic preseason hero. Nothing more.

Randle is not a bellcow. I'm cool with him being a backup and giving him a few snaps here and there, but I wouldn't even consider him our 3rd down back so long as Murray and Dunbar are healthy. I don't see me wanting to give him snaps unless someone is hurt. I can't complain about him, but I also can't put more into it than it is. I don't have faith in our running game if Murray goes down. Dunbar fumbles, Randle is not thick enough...

This RB class is deep. I hope we find a way to draft a guy that could potentially replace Murray if he gets hurt or let go in FA next season.
You've seen enough of Randle to write him off? The RB class was a bit deeper last year and thats why we all felt we got a nice pick with Randle in the 5th. Seems like you are just ready to get on to the next one. I am all for improving the roster...but I'm also not ready to believe one year in the offseason can't do a lot to a player. Skinny players can add thickness. RBs with fumbling issues can fix those in the offseason. I'm not saying we need to stand pat...however you have coaches that have been around Tanner and you know what you have. Since we are arguing about 4th RBs I'd say thats a good thing. My devils advocate approach on the matter is simply that you know exactly what you are gonna get with Tanner. He contributes to special teams and can be depended. If all it costs is the vet min with no guaranteed contract. No reason you couldn't resign him and let him go to TC with the team. He has more value to us then any other team in the NFL because he knows our system. No problem with moving on if thats what the coaching staff prefers. But I'm not going to write him off at this point either...because we have a history of bringing these players back at a more reasonable rate.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-28-2014, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
You've seen enough of Randle to write him off? The RB class was a bit deeper last year and thats why we all felt we got a nice pick with Randle in the 5th. Seems like you are just ready to get on to the next one. I am all for improving the roster...but I'm also not ready to believe one year in the offseason can't do a lot to a player. Skinny players can add thickness. RBs with fumbling issues can fix those in the offseason. I'm not saying we need to stand pat...however you have coaches that have been around Tanner and you know what you have. Since we are arguing about 4th RBs I'd say thats a good thing. My devils advocate approach on the matter is simply that you know exactly what you are gonna get with Tanner. He contributes to special teams and can be depended. If all it costs is the vet min with no guaranteed contract. No reason you couldn't resign him and let him go to TC with the team. He has more value to us then any other team in the NFL because he knows our system. No problem with moving on if thats what the coaching staff prefers. But I'm not going to write him off at this point either...because we have a history of bringing these players back at a more reasonable rate.
I get that he would come at a cheap price, but I can't afford the roster spot. That's my hang up with him. Looking ahead, I think Randle boots him out. Dunbar and Randle are not similar backs, but neither are bellcows. If we can get a bellcow type back at the right value then I wouldn't rule it out. Especially with Murray's history of injury and the fact that he is heading into a contract year.

I've seen enough of Randle to know that he doesn't have what it takes to be the lead back. Maybe he can prove me wrong. As of today, I don't see it. Not willing to lean on him hard enough that I would erase the idea of drafting a starting quality RB like Andre Williams.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor Mill going around that Dion Jordan might become available for the right price, apparently we have interest if the asking price is less then a 1st round pick. Anyone here willing to part ways with our 2nd to add some more pass rush ability? I think it would be the perefect situation to let him ride behind Ware (with a presumed pay cut) while his frame continues to fill out.

Side note, he was the #3 player on the draft big board the year he was picked by Miami.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Rumor Mill going around that Dion Jordan might become available for the right price, apparently we have interest if the asking price is less then a 1st round pick. Anyone here willing to part ways with our 2nd to add some more pass rush ability? I think it would be the perefect situation to let him ride behind Ware (with a presumed pay cut) while his frame continues to fill out.

Side note, he was the #3 player on the draft big board the year he was picked by Miami.
Interesting idea. I didn't really follow him last year, but I assume he was underwhelming if he's being made available. If I recall he wasn't really a big producer at Oregon either. More one of those "potential" guys.

I wouldn't give up our 2nd if he looks like a bust, so I'd have to do the homework in order to give you the answer. Intriguing though. If Marinelli gives the green light then, don't we gotta?
Old 02-28-2014, 06:47 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I wouldn't give up a high pick on Jordan at all. If a team is willing to part ways with a player that they moved up to take number 3 overall there must be something wrong there. You don't put that kind of investment into a player just to give up after one year. It's like Trent Richardson all over again. You thought the world of the guy to take him so high, then after a year where he had some injury problems you're ready to get rid of him? I'm not buying it. Even if it's a new regime clearing house it doesn't make sense to give up on someone that fast.

I'd pass on Jordan unless it's a pretty low pick. For a 4th or 5th rounder it wouldn't hurt to take a look at someone that talented. For a 2nd though? **** that noise.

Old 02-28-2014, 07:48 PM    (permalink
B-RAD
Rookie

B-RAD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Would you trade him for Morris Claiborne? Interesting concept. Corner definitely becomes a bigger need but it could be a good way of getting rid of someone who does not fit our scheme.
B-RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:07 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I think that Claiborne will fit more with what Marinelli does than what Kiffin did. Kiffin was pretty much stuck to zones that the corners weren't good at. I think that Marinelli will have more man in his scheme, and if Claiborne stays healthy this could be the year he breaks out. The big thing with him is patience since he's missed the past two offseasons with injuries. He's had flashes of being really good, but he needs more time. Right now he's an okay starter that needs to become a playmaker and stay healthy.

With Jordan I'm not sure what is going on with the coaches and front office, but if they're ready to get rid of him so fast then I'm betting that it's something alarming. He's got to be really lazy or something if they're truly trying to get rid of him so early.

Old 03-01-2014, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
With Jordan I'm not sure what is going on with the coaches and front office, but if they're ready to get rid of him so fast then I'm betting that it's something alarming. He's got to be really lazy or something if they're truly trying to get rid of him so early.
The main factor, other then limited production in his rookie campain, is a change of managment. Jeff Ireland was fired and they are essentially cleaning up his mess. I'm not sure Philbin was ever sold on Jordan as a down lineman in his scheme and the move was more of a front office selection.With productive players in Cam Wake and Mike Wallace on the block as well I certainly chalk this up as a power move by the HC to get players to better fit what he wants.

He has a ton of talent, and with Marinelli's ability to mold players I'd put money that we could squeeze production out of him. I also love that he has system versatility in case we decide to change scheme in 2015.

Side Note: The cap was set at $133m gives us a little more wiggle room the the projections thrown out by the media. Cap is also going to take a big jump next year with the addition of TV revenue. Should give us the opportunity to get Tyron and Dez signed long term, and possibly front load the contracts a bit to help us down the road.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:33 AM    (permalink
BroadcasterC
Rookie

BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BroadcasterC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all due respect to Tanner as a man, it's my personal philosophy that having guys with his minimal athletic talent on the bottom of your roster is wrong. That is for guys with potential who could turn into something one day.

The same goes for guys like Kyle Bosworth, Cameron Lawrence, etc. Those guys don't belong in the NFL. There HAS TO BE better athletes out their, even just for special teams purposes.

Draft a guy with all of our supplemental 7th rounders or sign an UDFA and both will probably be more athletic than tanner. He's never playing RB anyway so what's the point?
BroadcasterC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:06 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Davis Loose‚€Ź@dcloose @SportsSturm do we pursue a QB in the 14 draft? When's the earliest you'd go and who is there? Garapollo in 3? Murray 5+?

Yes. How early would I go QB in the 2014 draft? Well, that depends. Which of the top 3 QBs is available at pick #16? Because if I like the guy who drops to me there, I am grabbing him and not looking back. Let me be clear: there are many issues with this Cowboys roster, but none is more urgent and scary than the prospect of Tony Romo having to miss an entire season because his back betrayed him again. He is old, he has had 2 back procedures in less than a year, and he has already modified his performance to protect himself. There are not many more stops on this train before the end of the track if this goes the wrong way. And, the book is also out. I am willing to promise he is going to see more pressure than he ever has before in an effort to spook him and even knock him out of games by merciless defenses. I don't think this is even a question.
http://msn.foxsports.com/southwest/s...nd-romo-022814

Sturms newest article on ware and the cap and romo is incredibly on point. Jerry doesn't extend romo, he has no leverage at this point in time, you keep ware for one last run. Nothing happens you reboot.

Now we have a injured old qb for the next few years, probably no ware, and a ton of cap issues.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 03-01-2014 at 10:46 AM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
http://msn.foxsports.com/southwest/s...nd-romo-022814

Sturms newest article on ware and the cap and romo is incredibly on point. Jerry doesn't extend romo, he has no leverage at this point in time, you keep ware for one last run. Nothing happens you reboot.

Now we have a injured old qb for the next few years, probably no ware, and a ton of cap issues.
I really hated the Romo extension at the time and you just reminded me. That said, didn't we have to create cap space and extending Romo was our means of doing that?

I think you have to be a REALLY REAAAALLLLY good drafting team or a REALLY REAAALLLYYY good QB in order to be a championship team that pays their QB big time money.