Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-23-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeParcells
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
As for the Wade Phillips supporters. Count me in as one of those. He was 29-19 with Buffalo with 2 playoff appearances in 3 years. I'll take that.

Also, I like what I'm hearing about Shottenheimer JR. Apparently the reason that Mangini hired him was prompted by discussions Mangini had with Belichick when he was there. Bill JR said that the offense of Shottenheimer JR was the most difficult to defend (oh and BTW that offense was designed by Norv Turner).
You will? Wow HOF numbers there pal. Oh and what about that fine job he did in Denver? Phillips is another OLD hack who will be a BUST as a head coach! Might as well go get Turner or Gailey back....results will be the same.
If you've listened to reports, they say "Bum's Son" would only be a temporary HC until Garrett takes over. I think its a great idea.
just waht this team needs...a "temp" bad idea....very bad because nobody will respect a temp..especially the players...so where is your logic on that move?
hey I didn't think of the move guy. I was just stating a fact. If it was up to me I would rather Jerry do another "jimmy Johnson". And by that I mean grab one of the up and coming college coaches and have him bring his staff with him.
Old 01-23-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
As for the Wade Phillips supporters. Count me in as one of those. He was 29-19 with Buffalo with 2 playoff appearances in 3 years. I'll take that.

Also, I like what I'm hearing about Shottenheimer JR. Apparently the reason that Mangini hired him was prompted by discussions Mangini had with Belichick when he was there. Bill JR said that the offense of Shottenheimer JR was the most difficult to defend (oh and BTW that offense was designed by Norv Turner).
How do you feel about Pepper Johnson? I think at the very least, he'd be an excellent fit at DC for you guys.

He's been the dline coach under Bellichick, and look at how well the dline is playing. And whats the weakness of the Cowboys defense? The dline. Sounds like a good fit to me.

For HC though, that would be iffy. Thats a big risk considering he hasn't been a DC let alone a HC. But he would continue to impliment the same philosophies and beliefs of BP, considering that Bellichick believes and runs the same exact system, and the same scheme. I think it would be a gamble, but one that could pay huge dividends.
And you big blue rah rah Giant....Parcells was better than Landry and Lombardi? is that what you said in an eariler post? Or did I misread that...I hope I did because if that is what you said then you should be banned from these boards forever!

What did Parcells do in his career? He beat a smallilsh Denver team with no RB and had a kicker hand him a second trophy...did he dominate in the big game? NO! Did he put up back to back wins? NO! Did he dominate in any one decade? NO! SO TELL ME WHAT HE DID?????? 9th all time wininng? So what, anyone who stays aound 20+ years can get that....
Mexico, your stupidity does not warrant an appropriate response. Get a life and or a girlfriend. By the way, multiple accounts are not allowed on the board.

See ya.
That is because you have no response son......none. Not one leg to stand on.....and they can ban me till the cows come home.....dynamic IP i love it!
See ya! Hope you also have dynamic email address creator! For every new account you'll need a new email... That's sad...

jrandallstewart@yahoo.com

...and you won't outlast me... I'll tell you that much.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know if it has been mentioned but, If we were to hire Singeltary, he would already have first hand knowledge of some of the players at the Senior Bowl

As for who I would like as our new coach, I would be happy with any coach who can get players to play for him, and of those guys I would have to say Singeltary or Wade Phillips. Singletary would be a guy I would see getting through to guys and getting them to do what was needed like the 49ers LB's this year (and Andre Carter last year).

Also like LSU said what does this mean for some of the playerson the team? WHat happens to the "Parcells Guys" that are on the team? What happens to guys like Aaron Glenn? He is a guy who comes in works hard and plays. the 2-back system? Terry Glenn,Terrell Owens, Jason Fabini, Greg Ellis, Canty,Spears, Rivera,Gurode, McQuistan, Fasano,Hannam, ect.....

With that said though I am for Singletary if we can get him

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for who I would like as our new coach, I would be happy with any coach who can get players to play for him, and of those guys I would have to say Singeltary or Wade Phillips. Singletary would be a guy I would see getting through to guys and getting them to do what was needed like the 49ers LB's this year (and Andre Carter last year).

Also like LSU said what does this mean for some of the playerson the team? WHat happens to the "Parcells Guys" that are on the team? What happens to guys like Aaron Glenn? He is a guy who comes in works hard and plays. the 2-back system? Terry Glenn,Terrell Owens, Jason Fabini, Greg Ellis, Canty,Spears, Rivera,Gurode, McQuistan, Fasano,Hannam, ect.....

Old 01-23-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys
Don't know if it has been mentioned but, If we were to hire Singeltary, he would already have first hand knowledge of some of the players at the Senior Bowl

The guy is a BEAST! He also helped coach at the East-West Shrine Bowl.

He wants a HC job bad...
Old 01-23-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
i.want.troys.hair
Rookie

i.want.troys.hair hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Bill Parcells is a good coach but I also think he is a little overated. He is great at turning teams around and evaluating talent. But he is not that good at the Xs and Os on game day. If he stayed I would of been ok with it but it is time to move on.

Here are the rumors I am hearing:

Dan Reeves - In great shape and has gotten his competitive edge back. Also is a Landry disciple.

Wade Phillips - I do not like him at all.

Charlie Weiss - Only team in the NFL he can sign with without having to buy out his contract is the Cowboys (So I heard)

Pete Carroll - I doubt he will leave USC.

Bill Bates - great job as DC at Green Bay and is now the assistand HC in Denver

Ron Rivera - I love him but he plays the 4-3. I like the 4-3 much better than the 3-4.

Jeff Fisher - signed with the Titans today. Damn!

Lovi Smith - Believe it or not. Lovi wants a contract extension for $5m/year. Chicago is only offering $2.7m/year. Jerry is a good friend of Lovi and reportly has said he would offer lovi $5-$7m/year. It looks like Chicago would rather lose Lovi than Ron Rivera.
i.want.troys.hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Does anyone know how many scouts and coaches and such that we have in Mobile? Or anyidea who we have been talking to while there?

Old 01-23-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICowboyFan
I think Bill Parcells is a good coach but I also think he is a little overated. He is great at turning teams around and evaluating talent. But he is not that good at the Xs and Os on game day. If he stayed I would of been ok with it but it is time to move on.

Dan Reeves - In great shape and has gotten his competitive edge back. Also is a Landry disciple.

Charlie Weiss - Only team in the NFL he can sign with without having to buy out his contract is the Cowboys (So I heard)

Ron Rivera - I love him but he plays the 4-3. I like the 4-3 much better than the 3-4.

Lovi Smith - Believe it or not. Lovi wants a contract extension for $5m/year. Chicago is only offering $2.7m/year. Jerry is a good friend of Lovi and reportly has said he would offer lovi $5-$7m/year. It looks like Chicago would rather lose Lovi than Ron Rivera.
Lots of good candidates out there... Hopefully Jerry picks a good one. Although my favorite is Singletary, I would support any of those names except Reeves. lol.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
whether we agree on Parcells or not is qute honestly a moot point at this stage.

My question is, how does this effect FA and the draft for you guys?

I would assume that with JJ at complete control again, youre gonna go after big name guys and popular draft names without any method to the madness once again. This can dramatically effect the big board and FA.

Now, I all of a sudden expect you guys to go after Samuel in FA, and I expect whatever name establishes themself at the combine as a "workout warrior" to become a favorite of Jones. So who knows what kind of direction the team is in.

Thats what I want to know. The stuff that pertains to the future. And how they handle the post Parcells era.
Well, all of that raises questions that no one here can realistically answer. Only after the HC is hired can we begin to get an idea of what the Cowboys will do.

There are some real personell questions now that Parcells has left that come up. Where does Terry Glenn fit in now? What about the two TE offense with Fasano? How about Flozell Adams / McQuistan? What about players like Roy Williams and Aaron Glenn? What will the next coach think of a RB by committee approach?l

There are alot of personell questions now.

As for me, my favorite coach would be Jeff Fisher (remember he hasn't signed the contract extension yet). He's young, he's been successfull, he has experience developing QB's and he is a defensive guy. He's my #1 choice. It may cost the cowboys a high draft pick to get him, but I think it's worth it.
I totally agree with you..
Some people are acting like the new coach will have no power, that Jerry will make all the decision and so on..

And about Parcells leaving i'm not so disappointed.. He created a very talented young team but more than often he looked like he was very tired of coaching..

Now we will grab an OL even if is black :D

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:

Lots of good candidates out there... Hopefully Jerry picks a good one. Although my favorite is Singletary, I would support any of those names except Reeves. lol.
Why not Dan Reeves? He's a hell of a coach. Is it just because he's old?
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

My Dallas Cowboys Head Coach Big Board

1. Mike Singletary
2. Pete Carroll
3. Ron Rivera
4. Norm Chow
5. Wade Phillips
Old 01-23-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase
Quote:
Quote:

Why not Dan Reeves? He's a hell of a coach. Is it just because he's old?
I think he's got a tired approach to the game.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

more from jjt...

jlust22: Previously, Jerry has said the organization is committed to
running the 3-4 defense regardless of who the coach is. Do you think
Jerry is still married to the 3-4 and is the Cowboys personnel only equipped to play that scheme or are they versatile enough to play the 4-3?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Good question. The personnel is really suited to play the 3-4, especially if you want to get the most of the talent. The defense, when played properly, is excellent because of the varied ways you can rush the passer. The Cowboys played the most basic 3-4 in NFL history.

DanB: Heard Ditka talking about Mike Singletary. Any chance? Good idea?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Someone is going to give him an opportunity because he's such a fantastic leader of men based on everything you hear. But I don't think Jerry is going to be the one to do it.

Coach Potato: I agree with your column regarding Parcells. Let's not forget he had high drafts picks and tons of salary cap room all four seasons. What average coach couldn't make due with that?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Here's the deal: Parcells was brought here to be great - not average. The expectations were high based on his success with other teams. No coach with his background could possibly be happy with a 34-32 record and no playoff wins. It is what it is.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
more from jjt...

Jerry is still married to the 3-4 and is the Cowboys personnel only equipped to play that scheme or are they versatile enough to play the 4-3?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Good question. The personnel is really suited to play the 3-4, especially if you want to get the most of the talent. The defense, when played properly, is excellent because of the varied ways you can rush the passer. The Cowboys played the most basic 3-4 in NFL history.

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Someone is going to give him an opportunity because he's such a fantastic leader of men based on everything you hear. But I don't think Jerry is going to be the one to do it.

Coach Potato: I agree with your column regarding Parcells. Let's not forget he had high drafts picks and tons of salary cap room all four seasons. What average coach couldn't make due with that?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Here's the deal: Parcells was brought here to be great - not average. The expectations were high based on his success with other teams. No coach with his background could possibly be happy with a 34-32 record and no playoff wins. It is what it is.
Quoting a journalist??? LMAO!!! Getting desperate!
Old 01-23-2007, 01:35 PM    (permalink
i.want.troys.hair
Rookie

i.want.troys.hair hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't mind Dan Reeves. The guy has been sucessful everywhere he has been. Denver, New York and Atlanta. He hasn't won the super bowl but has proven he can get there.

I don't know much about Singletary. If he is as good of a coach as he was a player and has the same fire in him, I would be ok giving him a shot.

Someone on the radio just mentioned Jerry Glanville. Interesting choice but a long shot. Even though he has done great things at Hawaii, I would like to see someone else.

I also would like to see Jerry take a look at Norm Chow and Shottenheimer Jr.
i.want.troys.hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

If we could get Norm Chow as our OC, Tony Romo would turn into Troy Aikman. :D
Old 01-23-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
more from jjt...

hahaha nice very very nice :D read this if you want the truth. but it will hurt your feelings.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...l.1b6c1c7.html
Old 01-23-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:

I agree, there are still lots of quality names. The spin that the delay is hurting us just does not stand the test of reality.

Concern with Lovie and Rivera ... are we scrapping the 3-4 and "starting over" as Greg Ellis pointed out to be the major risk with a new coach?
Old 01-23-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
more from jjt...

hahaha nice very very nice :D read this if you want the truth. but it will hurt your feelings.

JJT? Mr I love me some TO. Or better yet the same guy who said Parcells runs a simple scheme so he can better control the players. Huh???? Reality check.

JJT is doing a lynching and he should know what that looks like. Reminds me of Deion Sanders with less intellect and money.

Why don't you find the Todd Archer articles. You know, Todd Archer, the guy Parcells actually referred to by name and would not berate.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I think it's crazy that the Raiders had such a hard time finding a HC.

There are sooooo many good candidates out there! I'm excited to see who we land.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameverywhere
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
more from jjt...

JJT? Mr I love me some TO. Or better yet the same guy who said Parcells runs a simple scheme so he can better control the players. Huh???? Reality check.

JJT is doing a lynching and he should know what that looks like. Reminds me of Deion Sanders with less intellect and money.

Why don't you find the Todd Archer articles. You know, Todd Archer, the guy Parcells actually referred to by name and would not berate.
hey buddy i warned you it was going to hurt your feelings. the truth hurts.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
more from jjt...

Gregg Ellis said "I think he got the most out of the team. (pause) I think he did the best he could do given what he was working with (pause) that is just the best I can answer that question."

Reporter, "Does his 34-32 record with Dallas tarnish his legacy?" Darren Woodson replied "No, not at all. When Parcells came in he changed the culture around the Cowboys and brought in a winning attitude. His first year we ended up 10-6 and you can't even compare the talent we had back then to the talent they have now. He has changed the culture not only with the players, but with the entire organization as far as the scouting department and coaching staff. I guarantee you Jerry Jones has learned a lot from him the past several years. From top to bottom, the organization is in a better spot now than when he arrived."

Todd Archer, DMN "After looking at the game again, the Seahawks played Cover 2 the whole time and middle linebacker Lofa Tatupu played deeper than the safeties down the middle of the field. The Cowboys could not hold off Seattle's pass rush long enough to get the ball down the field much, and maybe you noticed Tony Romo bounce four passes in the first quarter. That may have led to the coaches calling off some of the deep balls."

THEN WE ALL TIME A*HOLE -- I WISH HE HAD DROPPED IN OCTOBER -- I REALLY HATE HIM NOW>>>

"Sometimes change is good," Owens told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram on Monday. "I think it was needed."

CATCH THE ***** BALL ALLIGATOR ARMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, this what this is all about Jerry Jones and His Plastic Big Talking Players versus the BP guys who perfrom.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
more from jjt...

Sorry to hurt yours but JJT should be cutting my lawn. He can't even speak english properly. Sad but true.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
more from jjt...

Sorry to hurt yours but JJT should be cutting my lawn. He can't even speak english properly. Sad but true.
nawwww you just cant read english properly :? :?
Old 01-23-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where did you get this information?

I personally would rather have Rivera, but I don't think the Bears FO feels that way.

And money won't be an issue with Lovie. We are one of the most profitable franchises in the NFL, much like the Cowboys. They just wanted Lovie to win a game in the playoffs before they gave him a big contract extension.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote