Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-29-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number-94
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

http://www.dallasnews.com/

The Cowboys will have San Francisco assistant head coach Mike Singletary in for an interview on Tuesday. Details to come.
It's like a dream come true! Jerrah is coming through for us. I think I'm going to cry
I like it.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get the Al Davis created this league bullcrap out of this thread and tell it to people who believe that. Davis had a hand in the NFL, JUST LIKE OTHER OWNERS OF THE TIME.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Turner made a strong impression with Jones, former coach Bill Parcells and vice president Stephen Jones, according to Werder. Turner tried to convince Jones that he is the best choice to mentor new hire Jason Garrett -- who'll likely serve as offensive coordinator -- while developing the skills of Romo. Turner also stressed that he is capable of assembling a defensive staff that could repair a unit that collapsed late in the season.
This really stuck out to me...I wonder who he has in mind....

per nfl.com
Cough***Singletary***Cough

we don't get one without the other I have a feeling...either way idc its gonna work out good for us.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Hey guys, It's Balaskonis, I'm in on a new account. Glad to be back.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

The Cowboys will have San Francisco assistant head coach Mike Singletary in for an interview on Tuesday. Details to come.
It's like a dream come true! Jerrah is coming through for us. I think I'm going to cry
Man I got beat to the punch, I heard it on SC, Mort reported it. Wow. I am not saying anything yet but if this goes down the way most of you, most importantly D-Unit are hoping it does then I will have something special to say for this forum.

I just wish we could have Norv Turner and Mike Singletary. :D
Old 01-29-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
Hey man I haven't talked Cowboys with you in ages. Welcome back!
Old 01-29-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Quote:
Quote:
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Man I got beat to the punch, I heard it on SC, Mort reported it. Wow. I am not saying anything yet but if this goes down the way most of you, most importantly D-Unit are hoping it does then I will have something special to say for this forum.

I just wish we could have Norv Turner and Mike Singletary. :D
Actually, I beat all of you, I told D-Unit on AIM, so I think that is why I got to come back because I made his day. :D
Old 01-29-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Norv Turner is scheduled to speak with Jones at some point later this afternoon on the phone. He interviewed with the Cowboys on Sunday, and returned to northern California that evening.

He appears to remain the lead candidate.

San Diego Chargers defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, who interviewed with the Cowboys on Friday, said Monday afternoon he has not heard back from the team.
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/16574222.htm

Looks like Turner is a lock at this point...I would think this means Wade is out of the picture.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-29-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

But guys, I have a question, IF we get singletary, wouldn't that screw everything up? Because we are grooming Garrett to be head coach, but then Singletary would be here and want to be head coach later on once Norv is done.

Ehh I don't like that idea, I want Garrett in about 2 years, he is the man. I weant Singletary as DC, but would he stay DC under Garrett?
Old 01-29-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do you want our staff so much :(
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mqb/index.html

Anyone who wants good information on Garrett...check out this.

Quote:
I'm told the Cowboys were fairly blown away by [Garrett's] presence during his interview there, including his response when the Cowboys asked if he could he be tough enough as their leader, given that he was so recently a player. Garrett has served only two seasons as an assistant coach, with Miami the last two years. His basic message to the Cowboys was, "When I met with my quarterbacks in Miami, the first thing out of my mouth was, 'I'm not your friend. I'm a resource for you.' The guys I've been most disappointed in my life are the coaches who didn't make me the best I could be.''

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-29-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87
Because Norv isn't a long term answer and knows that...Norv is a successful offenseive coach...and because Singletary is one of the better fundemental coaches in the league and he is also young and up and coming...this is what our defense needs....

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-29-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87
Because Norv isn't a long term answer and knows that...Norv is a successful offenseive coach...and because Singletary is one of the better fundemental coaches in the league and he is also young and up and coming...this is what our defense needs....
Actually i dont think singletary can be DC.

I believe his official title is "assistant head coach/defense"

Only way you could get him is HC i think.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...mqb/index.html

Anyone who wants good information on Garrett...check out this.

Quote:
I'm told the Cowboys were fairly blown away by [Garrett's] presence during his interview there, including his response when the Cowboys asked if he could he be tough enough as their leader, given that he was so recently a player. Garrett has served only two seasons as an assistant coach, with Miami the last two years. His basic message to the Cowboys was, "When I met with my quarterbacks in Miami, the first thing out of my mouth was, 'I'm not your friend. I'm a resource for you.' The guys I've been most disappointed in my life are the coaches who didn't make me the best I could be.''
That's the kind of talk I like to hear, especially from a young up and coming coach.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 01-29-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Welcome back

Albert Camus
Old 01-29-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Get the Al Davis created this league bullcrap out of this thread and tell it to people who believe that. Davis had a hand in the NFL, JUST LIKE OTHER OWNERS OF THE TIME.
Well said Ward.

Albert Camus
Old 01-29-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

So whats the draft talk been like?

I would love Meriweather in the 2nd, he is a freakin beast, just dropping cause of off the field issues.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I would love Meriweather in the 2nd, he is a freakin beast, just dropping cause of off the field issues.
Meriweather in the second would be a steal.

The Henry situation has a big impact on where we go I think personally.

With great CB depth...a guy like Hall/Revis/Houston will be available when we pick in the first.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-29-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Quote:

With great CB depth...a guy like Hall/Revis/Houston will be available when we pick in the first.
I don't want a CB in the first, I want an OG. I will shoot someone if we get a CB in the first. Although if anyoen, I want McCauley, I love that kid.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't want a CB in the first, I want an OG. I will shoot someone if we get a CB in the first. Although if anyoen, I want McCauley, I love that kid.
In the Senior Bowl practices it looked like he (McCauley) was getting beat pretty bad. Not sure if he should be judged just based on the SB but it did kind of make me go "Would I want the Cowboys to get that guy?"
Old 01-29-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

I know, I just like McCauley

But anyway, do you think we will re-sign Columbo and Gurode to long-term deals?

We better cause we need to keep the only good O-Lineman we have, if we let either of them walk, I will KILL JERRY.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

McCauley might not even be a second round pick after the way he has played this year...not to mention he is on bad terms with Pat Hill...and we all know that can't do anything but hurt his draft status. The only way McCauley is successful in the NFL early on is if he is left in press coverage with over the top help all day...other then that he needs tons of coaching.

So if Henry if moved to FS...your fine going into the season with Reeves as our nickle back?

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-29-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
og in the first...blah blah blah
Who in the right mind deserves to be selected number 22 in the draft. There isn't one OG in this draft that really warrants a first round pick let alone pick number 22. The only guy who would get mild consideration here would be Grubbs...and he is not the type of OG I want us to bring it....get real man.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-29-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

McCauley might not even be a second round pick after the way he has played this year...not to mention he is on bad terms with Pat Hill...and we all know that can't do anything but hurt his draft status. The only way McCauley is successful in the NFL early on is if he is left in press coverage with over the top help all day...other then that he needs tons of coaching.

So if Henry if moved to FS...your fine going into the season with Reeves as our nickle back?
NO!, what is why moving henry to FS is stupid. Henry is already an established CB and is probably the best #2 at that, and could be a #1. He had a nagging knee injury at the end of the season that is why he was playing poorly. If you remember his pick in the Eagles game on Christmas you could see the way he was running, he looked like he was playing at 40%. Plus who knows if this move would even work out. a CB is alot harder to find then a FS, the least important position on Defense, if not all of football. If we got a pass rush, our secondary wouldn't even matter, look at the chargers, they have no secondary but since they had a good pass rush their secondary looked like they were all pro-bowlers. If we got a pass rush IMAGINE our secondary.

MOVING HENRY TO FS IS ONE THE THE DUMBEST IDEA'S I HAVE EVER HEARD, DON'T DO IT JERRY!!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Quote:
og in the first...blah blah blah
Who in the right mind deserves to be selected number 22 in the draft. There isn't one OG in this draft that really warrants a first round pick let alone pick number 22. The only guy who would get mild consideration here would be Grubbs...and he is not the type of OG I want us to bring it....get real man.
I say we move down like 6 spots to like #28 at pick Sears or Blalock, that would be a solid pick, plus we would pick up a 2nd or 3rd rounder. We need an OG, no question about it.